Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
Welcome Back Everyone!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you like to see?
  Contests
  Role Plays
  Card Battles
  Events
View Results

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:37 am
Hey guys I know it's been slow but I'm ready to jump back on this ship! Who's with me? Let's discuss ideas for moving forward!

- What do we want to see

- What was going on last and how can we revive it

- how can we drum up interest again

- let's get new people involved!!

Everyone come talk and let's figure out how to revive the fun!

Also for those who are new this summer welcome to DTI, I'm Lief and sorry for my absence, work has become unbelievably busy as of late and that was the only place I had time to log in. Hope to see ya'll around.

I would also like to says a special thank you to those who have been trying to keep the guild alive in the slump!!

Ideas So Far:

- End of Summer event

- Figure out the trapped rp

- Possible Auction (maybe)

- More contests (probably some member run ones as well)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 am
Quote me in your replies for a quick response!

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:08 am
I would think the first obvious thing would be to start some contests, those always seem to spark interest. We also might need to find a way to end current missions in the rp and possibly go back to a freeplay model unless someone wants to help with that. I definitely don't have time to run rps right now.

We also have some card battle stuff to introduce in the future that will make it a little more interesting so if you haven't yet might be a good idea to get a deck and start practicing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:13 am
lief_7

I'm still alive!
So now I shall go on my little rant ^^

1) Lief....its been some time since you booted up the mission. Due to the slowness of the mission I have been unable to move my character....It is due to this that there has been a lack of posts from me. I really want to continue the mission but because of its slowness T^T

2) I would certainly like to see another one of those Digimon auction items! Those were interesting!

3) The last thing that went on was the Digimon Easter but as you probably read there were some.....difficulties with it. It would be nice to have like the End of Summer contest to bring people back. It is another question if people will actually stay for it.

4)If you want to drum up interest again then I would say that there needs to be more activity. I know peeps have their own lives and so do I but it would be nice to see some contests or another event happening within the guild to show that it is alive and well.

If there is more to say I will think more on it and reply ^^  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:18 am
lief_7

Hmmmm if you end current missions will you distribute points to those who attempted to complete the mission or do a memory wipe of the whole mission?

Ever since I joined I haven't really seen too much card battles so that too would be interested as long as I know how to play and have a deck ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:21 am
Hope the kind
lief_7

I'm still alive!
So now I shall go on my little rant ^^

1) Lief....its been some time since you booted up the mission. Due to the slowness of the mission I have been unable to move my character....It is due to this that there has been a lack of posts from me. I really want to continue the mission but because of its slowness T^T

2) I would certainly like to see another one of those Digimon auction items! Those were interesting!

3) The last thing that went on was the Digimon Easter but as you probably read there were some.....difficulties with it. It would be nice to have like the End of Summer contest to bring people back. It is another question if people will actually stay for it.

4)If you want to drum up interest again then I would say that there needs to be more activity. I know peeps have their own lives and so do I but it would be nice to see some contests or another event happening within the guild to show that it is alive and well.

If there is more to say I will think more on it and reply ^^

Ya sorry about the RP, Since we started it I moved houses, had a kid and am now the office manager of my job so time is basically non existent but i'm gonna try. That being said i probably will be killing off those missions before we get underway unless someone else wants to run them.

Definitely we need more contests and i think and end of summer event is a good idea.

As for getting people to stay, that's up to them but I will say I've help revive the guild from 2 people before so we can do this, it'll just take a lot of work. Mostly it takes a few of us showing interest and us reaching out to other members asking them to join back in and of course trying to get new members.

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:24 am
Hope the kind
lief_7

Hmmmm if you end current missions will you distribute points to those who attempted to complete the mission or do a memory wipe of the whole mission?

Ever since I joined I haven't really seen too much card battles so that too would be interested as long as I know how to play and have a deck ^^

It depends, would you like to keep the points system? or do you think a system where you do what you want when you want would be better?

If we keep the system I will give out points since it was my bad it died. If we go to freeplay then there will be no reasons for points.

Also I would probably jump the world to a point and time where freeplay makes more sense. It would possibly change a lot of things about the world but it doesn't have to. We could also come back and play some of the events leading to the current timeline as an event.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:48 am
lief_7

It depends, would you like to keep the points system? or do you think a system where you do what you want when you want would be better?

If we keep the system I will give out points since it was my bad it died. If we go to freeplay then there will be no reasons for points.

Also I would probably jump the world to a point and time where freeplay makes more sense. It would possibly change a lot of things about the world but it doesn't have to. We could also come back and play some of the events leading to the current timeline as an event.

If we keep the point system then we could keep track of people actually integrating themselves into the guild but its also a double-edged sword. With that system we would need to be on a constant lookout and save their date within a file. After some time it could just be a hassle. So, whether you decide to keep the point system depends on how much work you are able and willing to put in the guild.

I personally don't mind the point system but could you elaborate on the freeplay.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:01 am
Hope the kind
lief_7

If we keep the point system then we could keep track of people actually integrating themselves into the guild but its also a double-edged sword. With that system we would need to be on a constant lookout and save their date within a file. After some time it could just be a hassle. So, whether you decide to keep the point system depends on how much work you are able and willing to put in the guild.

I personally don't mind the point system but could you elaborate on the freeplay.

Freeplay is what we use to have before the current rp system. Basically you could do whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want. It's also known as sandbox. basically we build a world and there is no set story, missions or even characters.

It worked fine for a long time. our main reason for going to the current system was that tamers would bring out 30 Digimon to "kill" a new trainer and it was very hard to get started in our rp. So we reset the world, put everyone on equal footing and allowed you to earn he right to digivolve in the rp through rping. It's a good idea, but it takes a lot of people to work it and we've never really had the man power for that.

Honestly I would be in favor of keeping the world, destroying the system (Which would involve some in story changes like the fall of the DRF) and go back to freeplay and just add in some simple rules like a max team size outside of certain areas. We could also keep things like only certain level are allowed in certain areas, like NNC could still only allow you to Digivolve to Champion.

My idea would also move towards the in rp guild being involved and really shaping the game. I would probably push for a free rp and then the guilds could each have their own system for rank if they want and also could give out missions ect.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 am
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7

Freeplay is what we use to have before the current rp system. Basically you could do whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want. It's also known as sandbox. basically we build a world and there is no set story, missions or even characters.

It worked fine for a long time. our main reason for going to the current system was that tamers would bring out 30 Digimon to "kill" a new trainer and it was very hard to get started in our rp. So we reset the world, put everyone on equal footing and allowed you to earn he right to digivolve in the rp through rping. It's a good idea, but it takes a lot of people to work it and we've never really had the man power for that.

Honestly I would be in favor of keeping the world, destroying the system (Which would involve some in story changes like the fall of the DRF) and go back to freeplay and just add in some simple rules like a max team size outside of certain areas. We could also keep things like only certain level are allowed in certain areas, like NNC could still only allow you to Digivolve to Champion.

My idea would also move towards the in rp guild being involved and really shaping the game. I would probably push for a free rp and then the guilds could each have their own system for rank if they want and also could give out missions ect.

It is an interesting idea. Its sort of like the Pokemon Party limit of only having so many Digimon in your party. But instead of limiting to which Digimon stay in your Digivice why not limit how many you can send out and what level. I understand this isn't a Pokemong guild but how about for the battle system (if there is any) one can only fight against a Digimon of the same level so that it could promote fairness. If need be we could promote a dice rolling part to promote further fairness. I will leave the specifics to you and your team ^^  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:21 am
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7

It is an interesting idea. Its sort of like the Pokemon Party limit of only having so many Digimon in your party. But instead of limiting to which Digimon stay in your Digivice why not limit how many you can send out and what level. I understand this isn't a Pokemong guild but how about for the battle system (if there is any) one can only fight against a Digimon of the same level so that it could promote fairness. If need be we could promote a dice rolling part to promote further fairness. I will leave the specifics to you and your team ^^

Kinda like a no escalating the fight rule? it might work, we'll see, probably just good enough to limit the number of Digimon that can be out. No idea if dice would work or not but i think tha's more technical then people want to go.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:34 am
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7

Kinda like a no escalating the fight rule? it might work, we'll see, probably just good enough to limit the number of Digimon that can be out. No idea if dice would work or not but i think tha's more technical then people want to go.

This may be true since implementing a dice system is pretty intimidating. I can only hope that people will play fair but if they don't then they would only need to inform the mods about someone playing unfair within the RP.

On another topic, if we go freestyle we would also need to implement some tournaments, events and such to keep the interest of Rpers.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:54 am
Hope the kind

Ya we would probably still have events and stuff, it probably would just be less structured. People use to come up with crazy stories and adventures and it also takes no time commitment because you can jump in and out where you want to and rp when you want to.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 am
lief_7
Hope the kind

Ya we would probably still have events and stuff, it probably would just be less structured. People use to come up with crazy stories and adventures and it also takes no time commitment because you can jump in and out where you want to and rp when you want to.

Less structured isn't a bad thing. So, now it comes down to the other aspects of the Guild like the Card Tournaments, Training area etc. You have a lot of areas that are no longer in use so you could change those up or implement them in the guild's reboot.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 am
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

Less structured isn't a bad thing. So, now it comes down to the other aspects of the Guild like the Card Tournaments, Training area etc. You have a lot of areas that are no longer in use so you could change those up or implement them in the guild's reboot.

Yep gotta fix em up and try to get more people in there. Or i guess right now get any people at all haha  
Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff