Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:03 pm
User Image

Shiro is away from his wintery home and in a meadow gathering herbs and other things that he might need for when winter takes over all the lands not just his home. Because once it does. Then it will be hard to find these items and so Shiro will gather then now and dry them once back in his cave that way he can use them when he needs them. Turning them into powders makes it so much more easier to use them once there is a need.

To turn them into the powders they need to be dried just right. Although he is a unicorn there are some things that herbs and plants can heal so much better then a horn can. So into what he is doing at the moment that he wouldn't be able to realize if another comes up around him. The key around his neck shinning every time the sun hits it. It is important to him. He got it from someone special to him a long time ago when he was a young colt. Maybe the herbs aren't the real reason he comes come from the snowy mountains. Maybe it is to find the one that gave him the key that is treasures.

WC: 209

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image

Kara Asumie

Journey was out for a walk from the herd. There were a couple of mares visiting that were going to be going into labor soon and Journey wanted to take some time to herself and gather her thoughts and be fully focused incase her sisters needed her help. But usually they didn't. Journey did more of the inspirational pep talks. She reminded the mothers to be that their aching backs and sore hoofs were just a part of the journey to something beautiful. Being a mother left a special connection that could never be replaced by anything... Not that Journey really knew this first hand. She had studied the maternal instinct of various breeds over the years and it was something the majority of the breeds experienced. With those obvious variations. However, now she and her sisters had travelled off and where helping with the fires that ravaged the land.

It was just another hot afternoon and a bead of sweat formed on her forehead and then rolled down. Her longer purple hair felt wilted. It was strange but Journey wanted to travel to a cool climate... Well it wasn't strange. She wanted to go and learn about healing from those in the colder climates. Winter was coming after all and learning how to keep herbs and use them in the frigid weather. As she made her way into the local meadow the blue pelt, striped with black easily caught her attention. She could tell that he was from a colder land. His pelt was thicker and the coloring looked like that of an arctic breed. Well wasn't this rather opportunistic, Journey made her way in light hooves toward the stallion.

"Good afternoon!" She chirped at the fellow cheerfully.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 pm
Hearing someone say Hello as he turns to find the owner of the voice only to have his clumsiness kick in and he slips a bit on the ribbon about him and has to catch himself before landing face first into the flowers and ground before him. He sighs in relief as he was able to catch himself just in time as he stands straight and looks over to the mare. "Good day Miss. It is a nice one to be out and about. I am Shiro may I ask what your name might be?" He has always asked for a name after giving his own. His mother taught him that. Though he was taken by his father away from his mother long ago. Maybe his key is from his mother. Sadly for him it isn't. The key was given to him by a mare who was as young as he was when he got it.

He smiles as she shakes his head to clear his mind of thoughts. "Are you from this area?" He wonders a bit seeing he is from high up in the snowy mountains. So he wouldn't mind meeting someone from the area. Maybe they would know where he can find some of the healing herbs and flowers that he is looking for. There is nothing wrong with asking. Now if his father would learn that. He laughs a bit at the memory. Clearing his throat a bit. "I am looking for healing herbs and flowers. As well as other plants. Seeing not a lot grows up where I am from. Are you a healer?" He asked as he is hoping that he isn't bothering her with all these questions as he stops himself from asking anymore until she has a chance to answer the ones that he has already asked her about. Like her name. Is she from here. And is she a healer. Three should be enough until they are all answered.

He waits as his body language is of someone that is kind and sweet in nature. So it is clear that he isn't a danger to her or anyone else. But that is Shiro. He couldn't harm anyone. This is way he is a free lance healer. He loves to help others and he never tires of it. Sometimes he will even help those that might hurt him once he is done helping them. But he can't help it. His kindness is his weakness. One he should correct before it does him in. Or at least he should learn to be more careful when helping others. Oh well that might happen in time. He sways a bit as he watches this mare closely and seems to be alert in case another shows up.

WC: 461

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:08 pm
Kara Asumie

The mare watched the stallion, her eyes shifting down to where his hoof stepped onto his own scar and he almost tripped. But the stallion caught himself and Journey was happy that he did. He knew that like anyone else, he would probably feel embarrassed if he had fallen. "Oh, yes I suppose it is a nice day isn't it. Though I am certainly happy that the change of season is coming and bringing cooler weather." She smiled at him, a few orange butterflies gathered around the mares head and the flower that decorated her hair before they danced off.

"My name is Journey. And the two prongs that will joining us shortly are Venture and Quest." She lowered her head some in greeting to the stallion. "But yes I'm kind of from the area. New and not sure how long we're staying. My sisters and I, but I think that we all like the area enough that we're not looking to leave anytime soon."

"Oh herbs? I could help you with that, depending on what you're looking for." As she finished that statement her two companions graced them with their presence. They rubbed their cheeks against her legs before looking the stallion over. Their coloring was complimentary to Journey's but a more of a darker purple, possibly a blue hue. "And yes, I'm a healer, one of many. All my sisters are healers too. And we come from an even larger herd that specializes in healing." Journey was very proud of her heritage and what she did with her life.

She and her sisters arrived in the lands just in time to help in the recovery efforts after the fire that blazed through the land. They did everything they could to help and Journey's muscles still ached in memory of how hard they had all worked. But now things have slowed and they were helping some pregnant mares now. New life was always a good thing. But back to things at hand, well hoof rather.

"Would it be safe to say that you are a healer yourself? And from the snowy lands yes?" She would be very interested in finding out how they stored their herbs too. She knew that the cold would help preserve them, but how did they keep them fresh? She was told that this area would receive snow so it would be good information to bring home to her sisters for the upcoming seasons.

"Why not tell me what you are looking for and we shall see if we can find it for you." She smiled at him again. She watched his body shift around, he posed her no threat but he seemed oddly on edge at the same time. Maybe it was being in a new area...?

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:26 pm
Nodding as he looks at her. "I am a free lance healer. I help herds out that are in the snowy lands as well as anywhere I am at if it is needed. Being a full blooded Unicorn helps. But I also use herbs and plants for healing as well." He smiles as he watches her and then the two prongs that joined the mare. Looking about as he tries to recall all the herbs and plants that he will need to gather. "Hmm there are Sunflowers which when Consumed in a brew form helps greatly with ulcers and menstrual cramps. It can also be used as a wash for gargling in cases of sore throats. There is also Snapdragons that can be used as a gentle sedative and mental relaxant. It is especially useful when battling insomnia or stress." He points out as he stretches a bit thinking about others that he was in need of. "Plum flowers which can be used to free the body from parasites and ulcers as well as being used to boost digestive health."

He looks at the ground still thinking as he recounts what he said so far. "That was three. I need six in all seeing I am only out of the six that I am looking for. Oh yes there are Lotus flowers are popular because their effectiveness against fever, diarrhea and also more serious illnesses such as cholera and bronchitis. A syrup made from the flower provides much relief for bad coughs as well. Lets see the fifth one is Honeysuckle flowers that are safe to eat raw and can be used to create an antibacterial gargle wash for sore throats. Skin rashes or inflammation are also effectively treated by applying a paste made from the flowers. Oh and lastly there is Foxglove which needs to be used in moderation, they have proved to be valuable in curing edema which is previously known as dropsy. It is also used as a tea to remedy coughs and colds or as a compress for skin swellings or sores. But too much is toxic and can do damage if you aren't careful." Smiling more as he said the six that he is in need of. Bowing to the prongs as he then looks back at the mare.

"Some I grind and others need to be wrapped tightly in big leafs after you allow frost to cover them keep the frost on him when wrapping them tightly. The frost keeps the warmth in so that they last longer then they normally would." He points out to the mare as he isn't sure if he said too much. "Oh I am so sorry I just went on and on there didn't I." Bowing his head in a way to ask for forgiveness.

WC: 467

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:05 pm
Kara Asumie
Sorry about the wait. I completely forgot to respond last month DX

Journey's rats gave a twitch as the listened to the stallion. He was looking for flowers, and flowers that she knew. They were well used in this region and so there were many gardens planted that they could pick them from. The gardens in the northern paths got better light meaning the flower's maturity would be further along and likely at this point in time healthier. The mare was always amazed with the horses in this region. They were well put together. So order to have these herbs and flowers in season all almost all the time, they planed many gardens that took light and rain different changing the growth patterns. And right now Journey new any of the gardens in the north would be at their peak.

But she was must more interested in hearing about the 'keeping' process. How he would keep them from going back. It would get cold here and if she could learn from his techniques then the region would learn greatly from being able to keep them fresh for use. Making the cold winters not so scary if a horse got sick. Her tail gave a flick to the side of Quest as they touched her legs with this sides before turning to chew on the grass not all that interested in that chatting.

"Oh no. it's quite all right. I would love to hear more about how you keep them fresh in the cold weather. That seems to be the issue we have in this region. Some dry out nicely, others just rot and become useless. It's really a waste. But it can also be dangerous. There are some winter versions but not many."

Journey nodded her head to give him the signal that she would lead him to where he needed to go. "I can take you were you'll find most of what you're looking for. There might not be any foxglove though because of the toxicity. There are a lot of foals in the area and you know how foals can be. Always eating things they shouldn't. There will be some around, grown in the forests. But the gardens mostly likely won' have it. Unless of course they put some kind of barrier around it. But in exchange, I want to hear about what other methods you use up in the snowy mountains." The younger mare gave him a wink. Regardless of if he shared what he knew with her, she would have taken him to the gardens. But she was craving his knowledge. The two prongs pranced after them chitterling to each other as Journey took on a casual pace for the walk. It wouldn't take long for them to reach the northern gardens, but it would be a pleasant walk with pleasant company.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:40 pm
Shiro thinks on it a bit as he looks at Journey "Well frost is helpful to those that like to rot. If you let the frost cover it first before a big freeze and that should help but it is tricky to do seeing you have to pretty much guess how the weather is going to act. That isn't easy. I still get it wrong from time to time." He points out as he knows that nothing is always a given. Even things one has done a hundred of times. They can still make a mistake with them. Knowing that is helpful because it means that mistakes are part of life and to not let them get you down. He smiles a bit as he as he listens to her and giggles a bit about the foals. "I am not use to foals but I can bet that they get into things they shouldn't. And the Foxglove. I know a place that it is grown just for healers. A friend I made grows a lot of healing plants and things. I try not to hit him up every time I need something or he wouldn't have it for other healers." Shiro states as he looks about then back to Journey in time to see her wink.

"Sure thing. If you have the boxes for it. You can break up the herbs or flowers into bits and place in the box and then fill the box with water and freeze it. Then all you do is melt the ice that the water turns into when you need to use it. It is nice if you need the herb or flower fresh and not in a powder form." Following her as he makes sure not to trip over his ribbons as he walks as carefully as he can while staying a good distance from the mare. He hated getting into other's personal space. He has gotten yelled at that a lot when he was a foal and he father was always on his case. He was a yearling when he father died though but the Give Others Their Space stuck in Shiro's mind. So he made sure not to follow anyone too closely.

The friend that grows the foxglove calls him odd for that and wonders why Shiro hasn't gotten over it. But it is just one of those things. Like how Shiro is so clumsy and can't seem to get over that fact about himself either. Smiling as he takes in the sights staying what he thinks is a respectful distance even if it more then that in other's eyes. Though maybe one day he will learn it is ok to close the gap between him and others.

WC: 457

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:35 am
Kara Asumie
Sorry for the shorter post! I'm hoping to get two posts in this month for her in this RP so I can stat her.

"You don't have many foals in your area?" The purple hued mare asked as she continued to lead. The stallion seemed to be keeping a larger gap between them, but to each their own. It's not like he could loose sight of her or anything. "Do the mothers migrate for warmer climates?" That wouldn't be uncommon, since it would be safer to birth in a warmer area. But then again where he's from maybe they just have a low birth rate.

"Oh really?" Her ears perked at the mention of his friend. "Do you think you could pass his information to me so I could visit?" She tilted her head slightly hoping it wasn't rude to ask that. "I'd like to see what else they grow." Her sisters would be interested in this information as well. Knowing where they can would be great.

"Boxes? Oh those things the two leggers use... Hm." What he was saying made a great deal of sense. Maybe it would be worth trying, after all winter was just around the corner. "I should be able to get some boxes to try that."

As they crested a small hill the mare stopped to let him catch up to stand next to her. "Well there are the gardens." She nodded her head. The hill side had rows of flowers and herbs and there were a few other horses around tending to them.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:02 pm
"No there aren't. Well not that I have ran into. I am Freelance and at the moment on my own. I do run into herds and there are foals with them from time to time." He points out as he thinks about her second question. "I know one herd that moves to warmer areas when the mares are birthing or foaling... I am not too sure what it is called. But I normally follow that herd and will help out with that when I can and if I am not busy which normally I am not. Although in the small area I call home there is only me. So it is nice to travel with herds every now and then."

Hearing her interests in his friend Tori. "His name is Tori and he is a bit of a flirt but he means no harm by it. So if you don't mind that, I am sure you won't have a hard time dealing with him. Tori is found in the Aa-wi-u-s-di Plains by the water." Closing the gap just a bit as he continues to follow her. "Yes boxes. The two legs normally toss a few for me when I go by. Oh and they use large leafs that could be a blanket as a cover to cover their plants in the winter time to help keep them safe."

Stopping slowly at her side as he looks at the gardens. "What a pretty view. Thank you so much for bringing me here. Once I gather what I need. I can take you to Tori's. Some of these he doesn't grow so I am grateful that you brought me here. It has what I can't get at Tori's place." Slowly walking towards the gardens as he looks about. He will only take the moment he needs which isn't much seeing it is only so that he can be well stocked for the winter time.

He starts to pick only what he needs gathering and placing in the pouch he has with him as he carefully and gracefully through the gardens. Which is normally the only time he isn't clumsy is when he is near a garden. After all plants are important and he will try his best in order not to hurt or damage plants that he doesn't need or isn't using. Once he finishes up he heads back towards Journey and bows to her. "Thank you again. I can take you to Tori's now. I am heading that way for Foxglove and a few other medical plants. So it isn't out of my way or anything and that way you will know the way for anytime that you want to go get something from him."

WC: 454

LunaRei_SilverBlood
no worries I do the same.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:25 am
Kara Asumie
Sorry, I was really struggling with muses the last few months. DX

"Journey listed the striped stallion and titled her head her long and full mane sliding over her shoulder. So he travelled rather then staying with those in the colder lands. How interesting. She wondered how those herds would make due without the healer nearby but that wasn't really her concern. She and her sisters tended to a large number of the horses in these lands with specialties in birthing. It had been a while since her and her sisters had travelled to the land in search of the matriarch and decided to stay behind after the mission had ended.

"Oh, take your time! I'm in no rush. Quest and Venture will want to eat anyways." She smiled and glanced at her deer that had wondered off to some vegetation and started to nibble. She would have to send one to let her sisters know that she was going to be doing some travelling. It was a bit short notice but it would be okay, they were all adults and she was free to do what she wanted and this wasn't something frivolous. This was a good learning experience.

"Oh his name is Tori?" Journey pondered over what Shiro talked about the other stallion. Flirting... She hadn't been flirted with in a rather long time if at all. It might be fun right? Maybe... It would be more embarrassing. She felt that she received considerably less attention then her sisters did. She wasn't exactly a picture of femininity. She was always happy and asked questions and had no issue getting dirty... She frowned some as she watched the stallion carefully gathering his herbs. He seemed more at him here in the gardens then just walking around. It was as if his mind's focus had changed.

Journey started to let her mind wander. The healers in the area should really have a meeting once every new moon to discuss things, like any advances they've found or anything that's changed in the area... Healers were above any herd bickering. It was there duty to aid the sick and ailing. But she was starting thing the few rare occasions she met others healers was well, all to few. Sure there would be great journey's happening for some, but if they found a central location that could be good enough for something. She wondered if Shiro would be interested in such a thing. They could all bring herbs to trade with for those that grow in other regions... Maybe even thing Tori stallion would be interested. Journey wasn't sure if she the right horse to organize this, but she would certainly try. And it would be a great excuse to see her new friend more often.

"All set? Good, let me send Venture to my herd to let them know I will be gone." She beckoned her friends over and spoke with Venture who nodded and took off in quick leaps. "While we walk, I have something interesting to discuss with you." She then told him of her idea of the healers meeting once a month at a central location to talk about news and trade some herbs.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:18 pm
[[ Sorry if I quote you in an RP.. I am changing out the Imgur links that no longer work to the PB ones for now. I will tag this soon. ]]  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games