Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] These Forest Walls.. (Nyx x Kanzi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 pm
User Image
Heavy paws took her through the forests. Nyx had once loved coming here in her spare time between productions so that she could relax and enjoy her freedom. Now the trees felt more like a prison than anything else.Nox… The lioness felt her gaze burning as she looked desperately around for her twin, but unfortunately there was still no sign of him. I’m sorry I will never mess with you again after this. All she could remember was how he threw himself in the path of the rampaging lions and told her to run.

He was strong though…surely he had found his own way to the forest. She just had to find him first. Just deep breaths. They had acted out fights before and had fought long ago when they were rogues in the past. So surely he could handle himself. Though Nyx still hated herself for freezing like that. If she hadn’t froze in terror as the male lion reached for her then her brother wouldn’t have had to barrel into her attacker. They both should have just slipped through the crowds and into the forest for safety. Instead he fought to protect her while she finally managed to run away.

Smacking a paw against a tree Nyx blinked back the tears, “He’s fine and I will find him!” It was like a mantra that kept her living. She would get out of this prison of trees and find her twin so that they could help take back their home from those intruders. It was odd seeing the normal trickster’s grim determination, but her heart was set. I will fight this.

And that was a promise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:22 pm
User Image

"Ow. Ow. Ow." It was a tiny mantra as Kanzi walked through the forest, limping. He was about ninety-nine percent certain that he had broken his front paw in his desperate attempt to flee to the forest.

"Ow. Ow." This was bad. Really bad. Who the hell were that group? He hadn't met anyone who could tell him what the heck was going on, and now he was sore and just...ow.

Kanzi paused in his walking, panting heavily. Had he broken a rib too? Damn it. He didn't need this. He had come to this pride because it had been peaceful, and now it was just...ruined. Everything was ruined! He knew there was many other of the pride members in the forest but he hadn't really come across many.

"Ow. Ow." He tried to keep his front paw off the ground, but he really needed it to balance.

He was not having a good day.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 pm

Nyx's ears perked up as she heard movements through the trees. Could it be? Gaze shimmering with hope the lioness bolted towards the noise, "Nox?" Her voice called out hopefully before the sight of Kanzi made her nearly stumble over her own paws. Not that she was unhappy to see a pride member, but at the same time it wasn't her twin...but the more she looked a faint memory tugged at the back of her mind.

It was ghost boy!

Even in such a dire time the memory of messing with the lion brought a faint smile to her maw, "Are you worried to be out here?" She teased lightly, "I hear that ghosts roam the woods..." Still her words trailed off as the situation started to sink in on her again, "You haven't happened to see a lion that looks identical me have you?" If he said yes she was ready to bolt in whichever direction her told her. Despite the fact that she kept telling herself it would be okay her desperation to find Nox was slowly growing by the hour.

Still she finally noticed something else, "You alright?" Frowning the lioness watched how he kept his paw off the ground, "I'm guessing you got hurt leaving the pride as well?" A look of disgust crossed her face, "Those rude bastards just couldn't resolve things peacefully could they?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 pm

Kanzi didn't notice her until she spoke, and when he did, he visibly startled, with eyes wide. It took him a moment or two for his brain to catch up with what she was saying and he looked visibly uncomfortable. "Your brother told you about that?" He asked awkwardly, balancing weirdly on three legs as he tried to keep his injured paw off the ground.

"I haven't seen him," he admitted. "I haven't seen many people in here. Seems we're all hiding."

He glanced down at his paw at her question of injury. "I think it's broken," he said with a pained expression. "Do you know what's going on in the pride? That turned into so much chaos that I am so lost."

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Nyx raised an eyebrow at the response, "Did my brother?" Oh right. It had been just another time that she had been posing as her twin. Shame that I can't personally tease him about it. The lioness finally just nodded, "We're twins what do you expect? I can basically read his thoughts when he's with me." Or you know feel the rage that he had after she pulled pranks around him...something that she would love to have in her life right now actually. It was far better to see Nox turning red because of her rather than not knowing where he was right now.

Sighing she just shook her head, "Great. So that means I'll have to keep searching for him." I had some hope at least... Still it was no biggie! Sometimes no news was better than some news right? She had to keep being optimistic after all.

Nyx tilted her head in confusion, "How did you break your front paw? Did you smack someone in the face too hard?" Still her teasing turned gently as she moved forward to get closer to him, "Come I can help you set up in a circle of trees that seems pretty safe. It's basically a den of sorts." At his question the lioness sighed, "That's the problem. It was an attack out of no where...I don't understand why those lions wanted to destroy everything. Then again I'm only new here myself so it's not like I know exactly what the pride has done to piss off others." It had been so peaceful as well...so why did the attack have to happen now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Kanzi frowned. Damn, that meant this female knew how scared he'd been of the damn ghosts and the forests. He was also badly injured now. Wow, way to look manly Kanzi, he thought to himself with annoyance.

"Did you loose him in the battle?" He asked, knowing the answer to that, but rather hoping the male had gotten out OK. He didn't want to hear of anyone not making it out of the pride; that would just be tragic.

"Some b***h rammed me," Kanzi explained, using foul language for the first time in recent years. "She came out of no where, and I landed badly. I heard a really loud snap, but I managed to launch her off me. I think I hurt her too. I thought she was going to come back and take another swing at me, but she got distracted by some other poor fool." He winced. "Might have broken a rib too." Well, he may as well be completely honest. There was no way she'd think he was manly anyway.

"Thanks...what's your name anyway? I'm Kanzi, in case your brother didn't mention," he agreed to her help readily. He wasn't going to mess around, not when he was so badly injured.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 pm

"No he just flew away." Replied Nyx sharply before sighing, "He had to play the hero and pushed me to safety before turning to fight the lion who was chasing me." She had been such a fool to freeze like that back there. The lioness truly just wanted to smack herself for being such an idiot. If something bad had happened to Nox because of her then she would never forgive herself.

Nyx winced at the description, "Sounds like you really did break something there then." The lioness walked closer towards him, "Well let's get you out of the way in case they decide to rampage through our forests as well." She was truly thankful suddenly for the trees surrounding them. So many hidden holes here that groundlings had shown her when she played with them. It was why she knew a safe spot to take the injured lion.

"Kanzi?" Nyx played at blinking innocently, "Maybe he did, I can't seem to recall." She moved to his side, "I'm Nyx. Want to have me help you move? I wasn't injured so I can easily help take some of your weight off of that paw of yours."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:17 pm

"Don't beat yourself up about it; that's what brothers do," Kanzi assured her. "We always seem to want to protect our sisters." He chuckled. "Even if they're self-sufficient."

"Nice to meet you, Nyx," he said, trying to be polite, but he looked relieved at her offer to take some weight off his paws. "Thank you, I'd appreciate that. I am not used to walking on three paws." He winced, and trying to balance, and showing just how unstable he was.

He lent against her gently, trying to put too much weight on her, out of fear of actually crushing her. He wasn't a small lion, but he wasn't fat either. He just didn't know how much weight should could handle.

"How far is the place you're taking me?" He asked, worried about how long he could walk.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:24 pm

"Haha, then why can't I just call myself a brother?" She dressed up like him half of the time as it was. So why the hell couldn't she be the one to defend Nox for once? He always has to play the hero leaving me to be the trouble maker. "That way I can be both self-sufficient and helpful as well."

The lioness smiled, "Pleasantries during such a time, who knew? But I suppose the feeling is mutual." Though she had truly been hoping to have met him again under better circumstances. It was hard to mess around with the lion when her own heart was a mess of worries. At his show of trying to balance the lioness had to hold back her laughter, "I say not many lions are used to having to walk like that. Don't worry I can be a good crutch, I'm a player so I'm used to adapting to any random situations in the scripts."

At his question Nyx had to pause, "You know...I'm not certain." She replied lightly, "We just have to find a grove of trees that circle each other in the forest...one tree has several knots in it that look like faces so I remember it that way." Hopefully it would be close though so she could get Kanzi settled before going out to search for Nox. It shouldn't be too far out. But then again Nox was always the one with a sense of direction...here goes nothing I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:35 pm

"I think you're missing a few of the key parts of being a brother," he said dryly, completely unaware that she had her own fake mane and was actually quite convincing as a male.

"Pleasantries are always pleasant," he muttered, slightly annoyed at her obvious amusement at his awkwardness, though it was mostly a pout than actual anger.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" He asked cautiously. He wasn't one to look a gift-lion in the mouth but she didn't sound all the certain, and he frowned obviously. "We're not going to end up back in the pride, right?"

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Nyx rolled her eyes at his comment, "That's not always important, ya know." It was easy to cover up with the right amount of materials and a good acting spirit. A faint grin escaped her at the thought. Gods knew that she had already gotten Kanzi before with that act as well. I wonder how he would react if he ever found out? Best to keep quiet about that for now though since they had other pressing matters at hand.

The lioness laughed quietly, "And adorable is always cute." She wasn't afraid to appreciate Kanzi's pouts. Still as they walked she had to nod, "Yes and no?" Nyx paused to stare down a clump of trees, "I know what to look for, but I can't recall the exact distance. No worries about going to the pride though since I know the more trees the better off we are." Didn't that one look familiar now that she saw it?

"Alright I think we're good. This way~" Pressing close to support him Nyx started off through the trees. Hopefully soon they would come to the knotted trees and find the shelter that she remembered being there. Then they could rest and she could hopefully get back on track so she could find her twin. All she could do though was hope for the best currently.

It will all be alright. It has to be...

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff