Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Sugarplum's Sweets Shop ~ Open Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 pm
~Sugarplum's Sweets Shop~
Welcome to Sugarplums, located near the Leaky Cauldron with sparkling windows filled with all sorts of candies, and bakery goods to fill even the worst sweet tooth's belly. Once inside you see bright cheery yellow walls with high green shelves stocked with all the best wizarding sweets as well as many muggle sweets. Often spotted behind the desk is a young blonde girl and an older bald man. Both always are happy to see you. The man is usually wearing a cheery pink apron and smells of baked goods and sugar. The shop is often filled with loud delighted children and is known for their delicious cakes and doughnuts .

On one side of the shop near the entrance, there are a few green tables to matched the shelves set up. These are here for customers enjoyment, and are often used for a little chat or to enjoy the delightful sweets bought from the shop.

The dust has been cleared and the shop has been refilled with delightful sweets, but for some the memory of the old place still lingers. Especially in the housing above the shop.
~Owner~
Olyvia Catlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 pm
~Our Shelves~

Acid Pops - 3 sickles 6 knuts each
Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans - 8 sickles 16 knuts
Cakes (all flavours with all icings) - 5 galleons, 6 sickles, 10 knuts
Candy Pebbles - 2 sickles, 3 knuts
Caramel Apples - 14 sickles
Cauldron Cake - 4 galleons, 3 sickles
Chocoballs - 11 sickles
Chocolate Cauldrons - 2 galleons, 5 knuts
Chocolate Frog - 12 sickles, 3 knuts
Chocolate Skeleton - 1 galleon 12 sickles
Chocolate Wand - 1 galleon
Dark Chocolate - 5 sickles, 5 knuts
Doughnuts - 1 galleon each
Edible Dark Mark - 2 galleons
Edible Shoelaces In Every Flavour - 1 galleon 16 sickles
Exploding Bon-Bons - 14 sickles
Eyeball Bonanza - 1 galleon
Fizzing Whizzbees -3 galleons
Fruit Chews - 3 sickles
Fudge (Comes in Maple, Chocolate, Mocha, and Cofee flavouring) - 1 galleon per lb
Mystery Candy Jars (Filled with random candy. Candy with a surprise!) - 3 galleons
Lollipops - 3 sickles 4 knuts
Milk Chocolate - 5 sickles, 5 knuts
Salt Water Taffy - 6 sickles
Sour Fruit Gummy Bricks - 16 sickles
Sour Warheads - 9 sickles
Swedish Fish - 12 sickles
Swedish Berries - 14 sickles
Licorice snaps - 1 galleon
Pepper Imps - 1 galleon, 2 knuts
Peppermint Toad - 1 galleon, 5 knuts
Pies In All Flavours - 2 galleons, 13 sickles
Pink And White Chocolate Mice - 3 galleons
Pink Coconut Ice - 2 galleons
Pumpkin Juice - 1 galleon, 12 sickles
Pumpkin Tart - 2 galleons
Sherbet lemon - 2 galleons, 8 sickles
Skeletal Sweets - 1 galleon, 12 sickles, 3 knuts
Sugar Quill - 1 galleon, 4 sickles
Treacle fudge -1 galleon, 8 knuts,

Taste of SugarPlum's - 1/2 pound of candy for 9 sickles and 18 knuts.
- Pound of candy is 1 galleon, 2 sickles and 11 knuts.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:24 pm
~Now Hiring~

Surgarplum's is now hiring 2 sales associates to help out around the shop. We are also looking for one apprentice to learn the sweet making trade. The applications can be found at the desk. Please fill it out completely if you wish to apply.
[b]Name:[/b] (Please link to character profile)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Position Applying For:[/b]
[b]Previous Experience:[/b]
[b]Why Do You Want To Work Here:[/b]

Please fill out and post this form here and quote Devlyn Maycry in it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 pm
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Working as a healer was exhausting, and Uriel's mum had warned him about getting burnt out from it many times. He sort of felt as if he'd been trapped on the Artefact Incidents floor of St. Mungo's since he'd graduated, which seemed like forever ago, but had in reality only been two years ago. It was hard to believe he was twenty now, with a job and a flat and all the trappings of adult life. Albeit a lonely adult life. He'd sort of thrown himself into his work for the past couple of years, soaking up as much knowledge and skills as he could from more experienced healers, feeling personally invested in every patient. He loved his job, and he was content to go home to his flat every day knowing he was doing good, but that didn't change the fact that he ate dinner alone most nights. Toby and Jess were graduated with careers now too, and they were both in relationships. They came home to significant others, or, at least Toby did, seeing as Jess's boyfriend was still in his final year at Hogwarts. They had friends and actually went out and got drunk, while he worked, ate, and slept to repeat the cycle the next day. He had the day off, and had decided he was not going to spend another day off home by himself.

He'd been wandering Diagon Alley all morning, and of course Sugarplum's had caught his eye, as candy shops had a way of doing that to most people. He'd paused outside it, and then thought he caught a glimpse of someone familiar through the shop windows. Pushing open the door, his suspicions had been confirmed. That was Lyv Catlin (or was it then Blythe, he'd never remembered) behind the counter. His usually serious expression had broken into a smile then. He felt like he hadn't seen his house mate in ages, which was stupid, seeing as they'd been friends in school. He remembered her breaking down in the Owlery in front of him, and the way his stomach had tightened into uncomfortable knots as she'd spoken about her abusive father, who he hoped was out of the picture by now. Whether or not 'out of the picture' meant her intimidating older sister, Michelle, that pale haired Slytherin, had offed him or something, well, he didn't really want to know. He just hoped Lyv was happier now than she had been in school. He approached the counter with a small wave, wondering how awkward it would be if she didn't immediately recognize him, or worse, had put old schoolmates long behind her. "Lyv! Long time no see. Hey, I thought I saw you from out on the street... you own this place now?" He glanced around, blue eyes widening slightly. "I mean, it's impressive."

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:18 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

Olyvia looked up as the bell on her shop door gave out a cheery ring, and a familiar blonde walked in. She grinned as she realized who he was. He looked a little bit older and little bit more worn out, but it was definitely Uriel Scott. She wiped her hands on her apron and slid out from behind the counter to meet him halfway. It felt like it’d been forever since she’d seen him, but she supposed it’d really been only a year or two really. A lot had happened in the past few years though. It made her feel like decades had passed.

When he asked if she owned the place she nodded her head. "Yeah. My Da used to own it… and when he went missing… well… it kind of got passed down to ‘Chelle… who didn’t want it, so it got handed to me." She shrugged and smiled. Even though the place held a lot of awful memories for her, it was also where she’d spent most of her childhood, and it held a lot of good memories too. She was doing her best to erase the bad and make her life a good thing. She was genuinely happier than she had been in a long time. Sure she’d been in a rough relationship, but that had ended too, and she was still happy. "I’d kind of always wanted the place to be mine anyways. Baking has always been my passion. You looking for anything in particular?"

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:06 pm

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Uriel had gotten a much better look at Lyv as he got closer, and when she came out from behind the counter he was able to fully take in how she'd changed in appearance from their school days. Merlin. Even just thinking 'school days' made him feel about forty, not twenty. He nodded along, tried his best not to grimace at the mention of her father, and looked around once more. He was sure he'd been in here at least once or twice as a kid, but he felt like he'd spent most of his teenage years far too cooped up inside, always studying or doing homework. Whereas now he was cooped up at work all day. Oh, the irony. "It looks really good, Lyv. You seem like you're... doing well." He didn't want to offend her by insinuating that she hadn't been doing well before, but she seemed far more happy and at ease now than he'd ever seen her before, period. He was glad for it. She deserved a pleasant adult life, if her childhood had been anything but. At her question he shrugged, hands in his jacket pockets. "Eh, not really, but I can't exactly leave without buying something, right?" He grinned a little. "I've never been a big candy person, so I'm not really that familiar with everything in here. What would you recommend?" It wasn't like he had anywhere to rush off to, and catching up with an old friend sounded pretty good right now. He needed some distractions from his own family, who were possibly spiraling into... he didn't know what, honestly. Things were more than a bit messy right now, but he supposed your little brother getting himself offed and turned into a vampire would do that.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:40 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

Olyvia nodded her head at his statement. "I'm doing a lot better than I was back in school yeah." She glanced back as a buzzer went off in her kitchen. "Gimmie 2 seconds to grab those cookies from the oven and then I'll show you around the shop and help you decide." She grinned at him, and then quickly moved back behind the counter and through the entry way into the kitchen. She quickly got the cookies from the oven with a simple levitation spell and once place on the cooling rack, she slipped her wand back into her pocket and walked back out front. Unlike her sister, she was not a skilled wandless artist. She had to use her wand for any spell, rather unfortunate really, but twas life.

Upon returning to the actual shop she hopped the counter and shrugged. "So if you're not a big candy fan, we also have cakes, doughnuts, fudge, and obviously I have a batch of cookies that I just made. I think i'm gonna start selling them and brownies as well." She gestured to each item as she listed off the name. "Of course if you have time, you could always wait around til the cookies are done cooling and be the first to sample my new recipe!" She didn't know why, but she really hoped he'd take her up on her offer. It could get rather lonely in the shop. Sure Ada used to visit with the twins a lot, but now she couldn't be out during the day. Mels and Bastian visited some times but not very often. She honestly just needed more friends and a life outside her shop.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 pm

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Uriel blinked at the sound of a buzzer from what had to be the kitchen, and nodded, waiting patiently by the counter as she disappeared into the back. While he wasn't a candy person, he was a pastry person... And his mum had never had much time to be baking cookies very often growing up, nor had his da. What could he say, they'd all been deprived. Jess could bake, though, and cook, which was why he hadn't minded swinging round her place for dinner in the past, though now that she was technically living with her boyfriend he didn't want to intrude... And by that he meant walk in on anything. He'd pass on that, thanks. The twins were loudmouthed enough about their love lives.

He grinned as she hopped up on the counter; Lyv was still as short as ever, proving that some things never changed, though he was 5'9" and hardly a giant himself. "You're killing me already," he groaned lightly when she went into further detail. "Alright, let's see.. I like cake, I like doughnuts, I like fudge. I like cookies. I like brownies," he added, rolling his eyes in amusement. "I'm completely done for, I can see that now." His blue eyes widened slightly at her offer. He'd been planning to stay and chat for a few more minutes, not wanting to distract from her work, or impose his presence on her if she really didn't feel like talking and was just making polite conversation, but if she was offering...

"Today's my day off, so I've got all the time in the world." He laughed a little, and with a shrug added, "I work at St. Mungo's now. Dunno if you'd heard or not or... It's busy. Really busy. And tiring. But I'm willing to work, for free, as your sampler for today." He gave her an only slightly awkward thumbs up. "Honesty guaranteed." It felt good to talk to someone his own age for once who was not another healer in training. After all, conversation between healers wasn't always the most... fun. More along the lines of 'how can we prevent this person from dying'.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:01 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre walked into the sweet shop after work, admittedly to indulge and treat herself to a few chocolates. She grabbed a couple chocolate bars and a few sugar quills, which would serve to break monotony at work. It was never a good idea to eat chocolate while reviewing books in a crowded office. That tidbit she'd discovered the hard way. With limited magic, she'd had to resort to using her computer to re-type a few pages, then print them out and sneak them into work. No harm, no foul. At least she'd learned, and now only snacked on foods that weren't messy, or waited until a break. However, with her college courses and work, she just wanted a moment of greedy goodness to counteract the stress. With a small grin, the redhead grabbed a chocolate frog to add to her pile. There. That should last her a few days. She started on her way to the register, but as fate would have her, she tripped and fell to the ground. Why hadn't this clumsiness stayed behind in her childhood?! Lyre sat up, sighing as she gathered her treats once more.

══════════ ══════════
𝐸𝒟𝐼𝒯𝒪𝑅 𝒜𝒯 𝒲𝐻𝐼𝒵𝒵 𝐻𝒜𝑅𝒟 𝐵𝒪𝒪𝒦𝒮 x
𝐹𝒪𝑅𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝑅𝒜𝒱𝐸𝒩𝒞𝐿𝒜𝒲 xxxxxxxx

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.
Keep it safe and sound. With hope, you can do your part to turn a life around.
I cannot believe my eyes. Is the world finally growing wise?
‘Cause it seems to me some kind of harmony is on the rise.

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:48 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          šıиgłe
                                                          Looking Rockin at Sugarplum's with Lyre
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Cheerful
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Just a little snack... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I, I, I, I ωαииα šee чøυ, чøυ, чøυ, чøυ ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tełłıи' мe т ħ α т т ħ α т т ħ α т ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ g ø т ωħαт I и e e đ ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxx
                                                          D ø, ρяeттч gıяł, đ ø и ' т š ρ e α κ ✯ ✯ ✯xxx
                                                          ════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames normally was very, very good. He was a star athlete, after all. He couldn't afford to eat a lot of junk food, no matter how badly he craved it. But, today, he'd been being driven nearly insane by how badly he wanted something sweet. He'd been sticking to his typical diet plan for a good while now, and they were in the off-season, so he figured that it wouldn't kill him to indulge, just a little bit. He wasn't going to go on a full on binge, but he'd buy a few sweets and spread them out over a couple of weeks. That was the plan, anyway. Sometimes his impulse control wasn't particularly good...

spaceThe Seeker knew he was in trouble the second he entered the shop; everything smelled heavenly, and he couldn't seem to make up his mind. He scowled at the candies, deliberating between this and that, this and that, this and that, before finally giving up and grabbing a couple of all his favorites, plus a few things he hadn't tried before but was insatiably curious about. Coming around a corner, he was glancing over his shoulder to look at a display that's gotten his attention as he walked past and didn't see the woman on the ground. James' foot caught on her leg, and he very nearly fell over on top of her, but years of Quidditch helped him stay upright. He frowned, glancing down to see the woman he'd nearly fallen on top of. "Sorry about that, you alright?" he asked, setting aside his things to offer her a hand. But, he realized that she seemed to be gathering up a collection of sweets littering the floor, and then instead got down beside her to help, offering her a dazzling smile as he did so. "I'm James, by the way. And you have excellent taste, assuming you were carrying all this."

spaceAs he helped, he attempted to discretely look her over, to ensure that she wasn't hurt. He had no idea how she'd ended up on the floor, but she'd definitely already been there when he'd run into her. She didn't look hurt, as best he could tell, which was really the only thing he was concerned about. Although, it was entirely possible that someone else had run into her and then just left her on the floor, in which case he'd be asking who the arsehole was and giving them a piece of his mind. Probably get kicked out, but then, what kind of person knocked a woman over on the ground and then just left her there? A jerk, that's who, and he had no patience for jerks. Real jerks, anyway, he amended, thinking about his best friends and teammates. They were jerks, but of an entirely different sort.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✯ ✯ ✯ Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e
                                                          xxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Bч тħe ωαч чøυ ħ ø ł đ м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Wαч тħαт чøυ ¢ ø и т я ø ł м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Sρeeđ мe υρ øя š ł ø ω м e

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:07 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre was minding her own business... in the floor. One had to at least try to look suave, even post-fall to the floor. As she was working on recollecting herself and all her sweets, she felt a sharp pain hit her leg. The girl squeaked in surprise, before looking around for the culprit. Violet eyes fell upon a man standing there, obviously looking a bit confused himself. Then again, who wouldn't be confused? "I am so terribly sorry! I will be quite alright, thank you!" As the man offered a hand, she went to accept, but he instead lowered himself to the floor to help her gather her strewn sweets. With a voice as sweet as honey and a smile to match, the man introduced himself as James, then commented on her selection. "Pleasure to meet you, James. I'm Lyre. And yes, these are all for me. I've had a long day at work, and even then, I manage to slip up and fall on my arse in public." She grinned, hoping to appear less clumsy and disorganized than she felt. The girl gently rubbed at her leg, which had been tripped upon only moments prior. When Lyre noticed the man's rather obvious searching of her, she moved her hands to sit in her lap. At least she could pretend to be a proper lady! "You know, you didn't have to stop and help. Most people would have been rather annoyed by my locale in the floor." This, she spoke from experience. It was rather common for her to stumble and fall, then she'd get either stepped on or stepped over by people trying to reach their destination. Ah well. Carefully, Lyre finished grabbing the sweets that James hadn't, then she stood up, shaking her skirt a bit to rid herself of any dust the floor may have had.

══════════ ══════════

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:01 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          šıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Cheerful
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceJames was confused when the young woman apologized to him, his brow knitting in confusion. "Pretty sure I ran into you, not the other way around, you don't need to say you're sorry for anything. I should've been looking where I was going. Glad you're alright, though," he told her with a small smile. He wasn't entirely convinced she wasn't hurt; she gave off the sort of vibe that she was the type of person who didn't like inconveniencing other people, even if they'd been inconvenienced themselves first. Probably didn't want him fretting over her. He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes, but he knew people pretty well. Especially women. Most especially young, beautiful women. It was something of a gift, really.

spaceThe Seeker took a moment to make a mental note of her name and face. He tended to meet a lot of people, so sometimes he wasn't all that great at keeping track. But, the circumstances and the unique nature of her name meant that he had a better chance than usual of remembering hers. Her eyes were rather unusual, as well, he noticed with interest, so that would likely help. He offered her what was the closest a smirk could get to looking sympathetic, nodding. "Mm, I get that. I usually don't splurge on sweets... Strict diet and all that. Pro Quidditch player. But it's the off season, and I figured on moment of weakness wouldn't kill me." He glanced up at the shelf he'd set his own selection on, thinking that it looked like a lot more than a 'small' moment of weakness, but hey. It occurred to him that she'd said she'd fallen, and he figured that was how she'd ended up on the floor. Well, at least no one had run into her, then. "I wouldn't worry about it too much, I trip over my own feet all the time. Spend more time on a broom than off," he quipped, standing brushing his pants off.

spaceHe was going to offer to help her up again, but she stood before he got the chance. He gave her a nonchalant shrug, smirk getting a little cocky. "Eh. I've got a bit of White Knight Syndrome, I guess. Can't resist helping a lady in need," he told her, winking. "Besides, I did kick you. Sorry about that, by the way, if I haven't said it already." He was pretty sure he'd already apologized, but then, he'd sort of kicked her mid-stride. It didn't hurt to apologize again. The fact that he knew she wasn't wrong about other people finding it annoying made him want to slap someone, though. Namely the people who would've thought as much. Rude.

User Image

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:37 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre felt a bit silly, apologizing to the person that had stumbled over her, particularly at his confused look. She was trying to be polite, damn it! "Well, yes and no. Had I not been in the floor, you'd not have tripped on me, see? I'm quite glad you've got more balance than I have!" The girl laughed a bit, hoping to convey her sense of humor, rather than sheer idiocy. Poor James probably thought her a downright klutz, and sadly, he wouldn't be a bit incorrect. This fellow seemed like the type who knew his way in conversation, one who could avoid every social faux pas life could throw at him. Perhaps he was a speaker of great things?

Violet eyes continued to watch the man, though it seemed alright, as he was watching her too. He was probably trying to figure out why she'd been named after an ancient Greek instrument. Honestly, she wasn't sure herself. At least he didn't know the mouthful of her full name. After confessing her splurge, James admitted his, then added his career. So much for public speaker! "Professional Quidditch? That's a real thing? My word. I thought it was hectic enough at Hogwarts! Though, I really don't know. I've never even flown! Well, on broomstick. I've been in aeroplanes several times before!" Personally, she thought James could have several, several splurge days and still be fit as a fiddle. My goodness, he must work surprisingly hard to keep that way. James confessed his own clumsiness, which secretly awed Lyre. No way a professional athlete, particularly one such as this, could be near as ditzy as herself. "At least you've got an excuse. I've hardly left the ground, yet still I cannot walk. Heaven help me if I get asked to walk straight lines!"

Once she was standing, Lyre took a moment to reacquaint her feet to the ground. Hopefully she'd remain standing for a while! It wouldn't do to look like a pitiable child so soon after making acquaintance with someone! The redhead noted with a small smile James' smirk and a tinge of arrogance emanating. Ah, it seemed he had a chivalrous complex, of sorts? Lady in need?! Ahahaha! She, a lady in need? It was laughable, though she managed to contain her giggles. A blush, however, touched her cheeks. Oh lord! Did he just wink at her!?!?!? What was she to do in the situation?! It had been a very long time since she'd been flirted with, and now it was in a candy shop after she'd fallen on her arse. Wonderful. For now, she'd just ignore the hero-complex issue, instead focusing on his apology. Can't be embarrassed there! "You have, and I've returned apologies. But, thank you. It's nice to have someone apologize, rather than telling me to move out of their path!"

══════════ ══════════

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:56 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          šıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Cheerful
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceJames shook his head at her, smiling wryly. "It's not like you fell on purpose," he told Lyre. "Unless you thought it'd be funny to sit in the middle of the aisle so someone would trip on you, but that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do." He wasn't really all that sure on the subject of his having better balance, but supposed there was something to be said about the fact that he hadn't fallen on top of her. That hadn't really been balance, though, so much as quick reflexes. Now that, he definitely had. Couldn't be a decent seeker without them, after all, and he was way better than a 'decent' seeker.

spaceHer shock at pro quidditch being a thing had him raising an eyebrow, though, his surprise and confusion obvious on his face. "What rock have you been living under? Pro Quidditch is huge! I play in the national league... Seeker for Scotland. And Captain," he informed her, cocking an eyebrow, throwing his shoulders back ever so slightly, chest puffing out in pride. He liked to brag, alright? He'd been pretty young when he'd gotten the first string Seeker slot, and the captaincy. He had a lot to brag about! Her comment that he had an excuse for being clumsy made him snort in amusement, and he shook his head again. "Why do you think I started riding brooms so much to begin with? My feet don't have the best relationship with the ground, not by a long shot." He might be exaggerating a bit, just to make her feel better about falling over (she did seem ruffled by it, after all), but he wasn't lying. He'd always been the kid who tripped over his own feet, stumbled all the time... Brooms were a godsend.

spaceHe smiled good-naturedly at the redhead, gathering up his own selection once it seemed she had hers under control. "You're probably a better person than me," he told her with a smirk. "Someone told me to get out of their way when I'd tripped on my arse, I'd probably move even slower just to annoy them. I'm something of a prat, though." He gestured towards the counter with a grin. "Ladies first. Unless you were still shopping, of course..." A thought struck, and he started heading that way to check out, watching her all the while. "Let me get your candy, though. I insist. Since I kicked you, and all."

User Image

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:06 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre let loose a smile at James' saying it wasn't her fault she'd fallen. "Well, I mean, it was, a bit. I'm the one that tripped and fell, after all!" He continued, his words causing her to laugh. Why would she just decide to sit in the floor?! He was such an odd soul! "No, you're quite right. It wouldn't be very bright of me to have a picnic in the floor of a shop." She tittered quietly, seemingly over her terribly stressful day. Was James... preening? At her questioning he asked if she'd lived under a rock. "Well, of you want to get technical, I was out of touch with the magical world for three years. Besides, I didn't really follow the sport when I was in school." She tapped her toes against the floor, still a bit hurt that she'd never gotten to graduate Hogwarts with her peers. At least she had a degree from a muggle school. That made it hurt a bit less. To change her thoughts, she decided to continue her reply. "Scotland's Captain, eh? Must be an honor. Sadly, I'm from Wales, not Scotland. I hail from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch." She pronounced the long name with little effort, as she'd spent fifteen years in the small village.

James confessed that he started flying because he was a clumsy little child, but she found him to be graceful and suave. Good lord. Perhaps she just needed to leave the house more. "I'm sure you've got at least a bit more grace than I do. I fall over at least daily." She grinned, wishing she was able to fly. The one time she'd tried was in flying class, and she vowed never again. There was no way she could fly and do a sport! She couldn't even do sports! Or knit... or cook... though that wasn't supremely important. She adjusted her candies, stacking them neatly in her grasp. With all her luck (and while knocking on wood) she had managed to avoid her briefcase opening. That would have sent two months worth of paperwork all over the floor. My, that would have been a pain.

James told of his probable reaction to being told to move, which made her laugh. "It would be easier for you! I'm too tiny to stand imposingly in the way. I'm shorter than the instruments I play, if I didn't like irony enough." She chuckled, still happy to play her cello. She didn't think James was a prat, but she also didn't know him that well... yet. He gestured her to the counter, so she lead the way, walking a bit slowly to make sure she didn't take another spill. Although, if she did, she knew she'd have help. The girl set her sweets on the counter by the till, then looked at James. "No, I'd feel awful if you paid! You almost tripped because of me!" Truthfully, it would be so amazing if he helped out, as she was saving back funds to pay her rent. Plus, she needed to get groceries in a few days... She looked at James again, then sighed. "Alright, fine. But next time, I'm treating you!" There. She felt less horrible about that. The redhead grinned, eyes sparkling in the lights.

══════════ ══════════

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas