Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Never Too Old (Faatina x Tsukouru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:08 pm
User Image

Caution was key.

Faatina padded across the sand as silently as possible, glancing at the ocean apprehensively. One would assume that her wary gaze had to do with a fear of the sea, a result of the turmoil it had wrought upon the pride in prior times. That would seem the case, until they noticed the lioness glancing around every few steps as she drew closer and closer to the water's edge.

Timing was everything. Faatina had been planning this day for a while. Although most of the pride now feared the immense power of the ocean, Faatina held no such concerns. All she had in her heart was a longing - a longing to swim.

A long time ago, she had witnessed the approaching tsunami and turned tail without a second thought. Fearing the judgement of her pride, she hid - going rogue for a while, always intending to return to her home in the Bahari. Only recently had she worked up the courage, and it was going well, for the most part. Save for the fact that she was expected to be mature and sensible. And maturity excluded playing, while sensibility included staying a respectful distance away from her beloved sea. But all she had been able to think about since her return was playing in the water once more.

Quickly, she glanced around again before turning back to the water with a wide grin. Faatina bound toward the ocean's edge and continued inward, splashing with delight as she delved deeper, the water soon covering her chest. She couldn't contain her joy, laughing loudly, no longer remembering to keep her indulgence quiet. This was the Bahari - shouldn't she be able to love the water openly?

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:48 pm
User Image His life was completely upside down. Still he could not remember his old family. His old friends, but now that he had gotten older, he felt like something was truly missing. He had a life before this, maybe it wass just in dreams but something was missing. The friend he thought closest to him was in reality his daughter, although she never told him. Simply left him in the pride that the Tsunami took him to. He seemed happy never finding out about her.

That didn't stop the memories he did have, like meeting the God and Goddess of Tsnuamis and Volcanos. They shaped him in to the male he was today. Good nature, and fierce when he had to be. Although he hadn't ever really got mad before. Not even when a shark bit him when he was surfing! Baring the marks of the beast. A story he often told to the children. That was- until one of them perked up and pointed at the lioness that had jumped in to the water. The trauma of the tsunami wasn't too long ago for those to be alerted of the water. Scars were knew, and the thought on saving the others was still fresh in his mind.

"YOU!" He called out, as he rushed away from his cub horde only to throw himself in the ocean. He took swims still but he hadn't seen anyone much go in except occasionally. rarely. He could feel the rush of water against his body. He loved it, but this was about saving someone. "GRAB ON TO ME!"

Having initiated in his head, life saver mode.

He showed up, splashing around at first, then swim like an expert to her, picking up his head when he got close.

Ruler of Everything

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:38 pm
Faatina had been so caught up in herself and her excitement that she had completely failed to recognize the wave of cubs swimming over an unusual-looking and rather large Bahari male. She was enjoying bounding over the waves and swimming underneath them, simple in her pleasure, until she heard a booming voice yell her way. Glancing over, alarmed, she saw the male shake himself free of the surrounding cubs and, without hesitation, dive into the water. "I don't-" she started and then stopped herself, realizing, 'duh, he can't hear me.'

When the lion resurfaced he addressed her once more, and that was when Faatina realized that he thought she needed saving. It took a few awkward beats of staring at the male for her to realize this fact. Looking at him incredulously, she burst out into hearty laughter, continuing her paddling. "I'm quite alright, but I, ah... appreciate? your intentions, I suppose." Quirking a brow, she continued, "Although I might take offense - does my swimming not look quite up to snuff?" A grin stretched its way across her face, raising her eyes to see if the cubs were still paying attention - but they weren't, returning to their own games in their own little world. She had been hoping someone would laugh at her snark. Maybe not.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:49 pm
User Image Splashing about and when he finally got to her. His ability to assess the situation had completely failed. He returned her awkward stare- and burst in to laughter.

"Oh no- your swimming is just fine!" He laughed, a deep and humbled laughed as the waves made him move up and down while he spoke. "I am just alerted because of the tsunami. I can't help but to react now. The habit is indeed hard to break- forgive me!" He continued, but looked around them once again. "Have you eaten? I am an excellent fisherlion, and to pay my respects to your wonderful swimming, let me catch you something! Here-" Without a second thought he dunked his head in to the water, and his body followed like a natural sea creature would.

His tail the last to go in with a wag before it too disappeared.

A few moments later- he came back up- but with nothing by seaweed all over his face, along with his mane covering most of his face.

"One second- almost caught it! Just wait one more-" He dunked in to the ocean once more. After several minutes he resurfaced and this time breaking her personal space with his apperance. Causing them to ripple when he broke the surface.

"GOuUFFFIIT!"

The fish flapped around vigorously in panic. His whole face covered in his mane and seaweed still.

Ruler of Everything
{{ if you want, she can interact with him in the orp }}

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash