Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~Roleplay Planning and OOC~
The Maid Game OOC chat and such Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:17 pm
Im looking for a "nothing rp" as i call them. Where everyone can pick 1 or 2 OC's of theres and rp them. Anywhere from 1 line to 3 paragraphs.

We could pick a common theme/setting and just work on character development/ relationships.

Anyone would be free to enter or leave when they please. Examples would be:

Mansion (Play the help, or guests- open to any species and any role from mansion owner to a slave that was bought for being a guard dog, or cleaning.)

Prison: (Again any characters welcomed- what did ya do to get here? and are you trying to get out or rule this place?)

Labyrinth (Where are we and why are we here??)

Gladiator (beting on a fighter or are a fighter?)

Universal Festival (everything and every one is here form every where celebrating the festival and all the many parts to it?)

The Woods (get lost or go hunting?)

Again i can not stress enough this would be a relaxed rp- so all is welcomed and no one will be haters (but welcome mean characters- of they are mean)

Its just about you sticking with a character and not going OOC with them to help yourself develop them as a character.

Make sense and or anyone interested? Have questions?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:21 pm
would the author dictate the world, or would the players be able to modify the world to suit them?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:30 pm
Players can dictate the world- its for character development.

That being said you cant dictate other peoples worlds. Especially if you are interacting with them- think of it as a AU for your characters if its to far out there for their normal setting.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:39 pm
PepperNutts
Players can dictate the world- its for character development.

That being said you cant dictate other peoples worlds. Especially if you are interacting with them- think of it as a AU for your characters if its to far out there for their normal setting.

I'm not sure I follow. To be sure: if character A and B are in the same room, either one could say a chair is in the room that they could sit on?

Or is it assumed that A or B is in A's world or A's room and that only A can dictate what's in its room?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:43 pm
Novama

I'm not sure I follow. To be sure: if character A and B are in the same room, either one could say a chair is in the room that they could sit on?

Or is it assumed that A or B is in A's world or A's room and that only A can dictate what's in its room?

Anyone could say there was a chair- though beforehand everyone would know the theme of the rp- it would be one of the above (like in the woods or in a prison)

So A and B (and everyone else that joins) would be in The woods. A or B could say they are at a campsite.

Like A would post *some paragraph or what ever about how they are at a campsite*

B could post *Walks up to A's campsite and sits down, eyes glow yellow "ima weremuf"* blah blah blah.

A could be like * is vampire* or *Is normal and starts to panic* based on what A actually is.

Clearer?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:01 pm
PepperNutts
Novama

Anyone could say there was a chair- though beforehand everyone would know the theme of the rp- it would be one of the above (like in the woods or in a prison)

So A and B (and everyone else that joins) would be in The woods. A or B could say they are at a campsite.

Like A would post *some paragraph or what ever about how they are at a campsite*

B could post *Walks up to A's campsite and sits down, eyes glow yellow "ima weremuf"* blah blah blah.

A could be like * is vampire* or *Is normal and starts to panic* based on what A actually is.

Clearer?

I'm clear on freedom of character *jots down weremuf for later*. I was more curious about how you define roleplayer powers. It's common in the other group rp's that the world, setting, and most of what's in the setting is defined by one person (usually the author).
If the vampire entered the campsite of the weremuf, only the weremuf or the author of the campsite could dictate whether or not there were chairs to sit on.

From your description, it sounds like anyone in the scene could define the various objects and happenings within the scene as long as they weren't messing with characters or objects belonging to other roleplayers.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:34 pm
Novama

I'm clear on freedom of character *jots down weremuf for later*. I was more curious about how you define roleplayer powers. It's common in the other group rp's that the world, setting, and most of what's in the setting is defined by one person (usually the author).
If the vampire entered the campsite of the weremuf, only the weremuf or the author of the campsite could dictate whether or not there were chairs to sit on.

From your description, it sounds like anyone in the scene could define the various objects and happenings within the scene as long as they weren't messing with characters or objects belonging to other roleplayers.

Honestly all the rules are up for debate- all i seriously care about is people be respectful and have fun.

I'm also under the assumption s one here is going to be a ahole about it and be all powerful and go on a killing spree or what have you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:02 pm
I don't believe anyone in the guild would go out of their way to be a nuisance to others. sweatdrop However, there are several rp'ers of varying levels of experience. The less rules in place could lead to innocent rp'ing faux pas occurring more often.

Just means if the fast and free approach is taken, that there will have to be patience and tolerance on everyone's part if such things come up. 3nodding  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:10 pm
Novama
I don't believe anyone in the guild would go out of their way to be a nuisance to others. sweatdrop However, there are several rp'ers of varying levels of experience. The less rules in place could lead to innocent rp'ing faux pas occurring more often.

Just means if the fast and free approach is taken, that there will have to be patience and tolerance on everyone's part if such things come up. 3nodding

Yeah and hopefully we are all mature adults that can have fun smile

It will all be fine- if we even get to do it. seeing as how currently the only ones who seem interested (and that's a maybe) are you and me haha  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:15 pm
PepperNutts
Novama

Yeah and hopefully we are all mature adults that can have fun smile

It will all be fine- if we even get to do it. seeing as how currently the only ones who seem interested (and that's a maybe) are you and me haha

Reading every last introduction in the introduction thread, the common theme in most of them is shyness. Many of them need a reach out. While I could discuss idea advertising with the captain and maybe get a guild wide notice out, it may be swifter to create the thread and do some pm invites/quotes to individuals who recently posted in the introduction thread. Many of them are ready to rp and just need a kick in the pants to get to it  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:43 pm
StaroftheBazaar

An rp like this one may be more to your liking.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Novama
StaroftheBazaar

An rp like this one may be more to your liking.

PepperNutts

A wild blushing STAR appears! Ahahah...ha. sweatdrop
Anyways, I'm down. Mansions are always fun, and it's nice to not have someone writing blocks of texts on how many chairs there are in a room, stuff like that.
Easier to have an "A closes the door to their room, but forgets to lock it. B stealthily opens the door, sitting on their wooden bedside chest."  

StaroftheBazaar

Sexy Sharpshooter

24,725 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:28 pm
StaroftheBazaar

Anyways, I'm down. Mansions are always fun, and it's nice to not have someone writing blocks of texts on how many chairs there are in a room, stuff like that.
Easier to have an "A closes the door to their room, but forgets to lock it. B stealthily opens the door, sitting on their wooden bedside chest."

Exactly- a just for fun rp. smile I don't know any body here really so if you know more people who would be interested that wold be cool. Unless we started it off just us?

But i wouldn't want people to think they cant just pop in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:33 pm
PepperNutts
StaroftheBazaar

Exactly- a just for fun rp. smile I don't know any body here really so if you know more people who would be interested that wold be cool. Unless we started it off just us?

But i wouldn't want people to think they cant just pop in.

Putting it in the group forum would let those who see it know it's a group thread. We generally call this type of rp a walk-in since folks are walking to hop in and hop out as they wish.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

~Roleplay Planning and OOC~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out