Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PepperNutts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 pm
Novama

I've never used that one. Drawing was something I did more when I was younger. Now, my roleplay is mainly tabletop or written word only. Some have suggested that images can lessen the impact of a scene because imagery takes the freedom of visual for a scene from the reader. They may think of something much more grand that is lessened by a far inferior but more truthful rendering. I don't necessarily hop on this idea, but I do feel doodles can take time and thought away from the rp better invested in other ways.

Well sure if you decide that's the type or rp you want- but there's many different types. You can chose to do a doodle rp.

Like if i were to do a serious rp, and a 1 liner nothing rp- the one liner nothing rp doesn't take away form my actual rp.

Its all about whats fun for you at the time and what you want.

(checked and i was on gaia in 2004- it was neopets i started in 2001 haha- totally forgot about neopets.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:05 pm
Neopets....time was wasted there. Pretty sure my lupe died too.

I wouldn't mind a digimon version of it though. Digimon tends to be a fun time.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kege_Rensu

Blessed Friend

13,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:32 pm
-Appears-

I'm not too bored yet. Strangely I'm not all that busy either. lol.

I need some inspiration to keep pounding away at my world.... RP's help that....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:37 pm
Kege_Rensu
-Appears-

I need some inspiration to keep pounding away at my world.... RP's help that....

A few are planning a walk-in rp that's a anything can happen sort in the planning forum. Hopping in during the planning phase would be a good way to get some elements that interest you personally into the mix.

Aside from other rp's currently opening or in progress and still accepting, I'm also planning a rp that uses stats. Your past suggests you may have some input on that, but I think you also mentioned you didn't feel like rp'ing something like that.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kege_Rensu

Blessed Friend

13,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:55 pm
Novama
Kege_Rensu
-Appears-

A few are planning a walk-in rp that's a anything can happen sort in the planning forum. Hopping in during the planning phase would be a good way to get some elements that interest you personally into the mix.

Aside from other rp's currently opening or in progress and still accepting, I'm also planning a rp that uses stats. Your past suggests you may have some input on that, but I think you also mentioned you didn't feel like rp'ing something like that.

Walk-in RP's can be either very good or very bad. I've seen it go both ways. Among other things, lol. Plnning is important so I might hop in on that for a bit.

I have a great deal of experience with that. I'm not opposed to helping out with that as a consultant if you like.

My world will always remain as a main priority for me. I'm not against contributing to the guild. Nor am I intending to recruit. My guild where my stuff is posted is strictly for my world and the world of a few of my friends who want to post their own thoughts, ideas, characters, etc. But I may post links to it from time to time because I do value the input of others. I also like to encourage people to create a character that will fit in my world.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 pm
hmm i played neopets back in 2000.. had a chrismas goldfish thing  

Anaki078

Versatile Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:22 pm
Anyone like minecraft? Get the occasional urge to veg out to that. It's always more fun playing with others though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 pm
I will start up here... sometime soon just been busy sorry.  

GalaxyCommander

DMChumble

Tycoon

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:46 pm
I am lost and don't really know where to star what to do and I'm sleepy right now. Anyone have any suggestions for RP to do?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:00 pm
TheDarkmasterchumble
I am lost and don't really know where to star what to do and I'm sleepy right now. Anyone have any suggestions for RP to do?

these guys are working on a good rp to start in and get the creative thoughts flowing: the planning thread  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:13 pm
Didnt know where else to say this so I thought I'd mention it here.

I am moving about atm between my parents two houses, my grandparents, and my house as we prepare for our vacation which we leave for tomorrow. With all the moving I dont know which houses have internet and which ones don't. The one Im currently at doesn't, so I am writing this via phone tto let all my rp buddies know I am not currently available to post.
^  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:23 pm
That's responsible. Fly little turtle  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm
Novama
in all the hours I have watched that gif, that little turtle has never managed to take flight, but he certainly is persistent. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:38 am
IGmangachick
Novama
in all the hours I have watched that gif, that little turtle has never managed to take flight, but he certainly is persistent. XD

I believe with the little head bob he does that it's meant to be a dance of seduction for whoever is holding it. dramallama  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

StaroftheBazaar

Sexy Sharpshooter

24,725 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:37 pm
I've been troubled by joining lots of RPs and having them sort of fall apart. I want to make stronger, more compelling characters. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my energy in this guild, and I'd really like help to push me toward lots of characters to build and stories to run. Probably nothing too much longer than what I'm writing now, just relatively short, I suppose: but what really matters for me is working on my impatience, as well as having people who can be there. I'd like to have it be more interactions than one every day or every few days.

tl;dr, I'd like to figure out where to fit in and start up.  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff