Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PLOT - PRP] Cafe Gossip (Melek and Dahlia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:56 pm
User Image

"Oy! Let's call it a wrap!"

Blinking to attention, Melek turned from the hustle of the street towards the voice, shifting his grip on the broom. Another day done already? How time flew! Clearly it had wings after all, because, how else would it get everywhere without them? He supposed running, but one didn't hear about time running...or wait, did they? It could certainly run away from one...

...like his musings. He shook his head, forcing himself to return to the present. At least finish the day before wandering off in your own world. Returning to the source of the voice, the angel found a somewhat portly demon surrounded by teenage and young adult Pae'il. He was handing out the week's pay and sending his workers off with well wishes and jabs about not spending all their pay in any one bazaar stall. Waiting his turn, Melek didn't focus on how young his co-workers were. The job was a simple enough one, that was sure. But, work was work, right? And for a busy place like Telrunya City, there was always work to be done if you looked hard enough. Street cleaning wasn't glamourous work, but it was necessary and important. And the portly old demon had always treated him well enough.

Besides, being out on the streets during the day, among the hustle and bustle, kept Melek's mind busy as well as his hands.

After the kids had cleared out, Melek collected his own pay as well as a hearty clap on the shoulder before heading out to enjoy his own time. Well, if he was off work, then it must be close to time for his appointment! Reminded of the meeting, his spirits lifted and he made a quick side trip by home to leave his work payment for Danya (the boy was always so much better at bartering for the things they needed in the bazaar anyway) before heading out again.

The angel made his way to a small cafe on a quieter side street away from the main bazaar. There were a number of tables outside beneath umbrellas that were still open, so he claimed one of those and made himself comfortable to wait.

User Image
"Well, hey there, honey! Hope you weren't waitin' long! What can I getcha'? Coffee? Tea? We got black, cream, mocha, frappes, cappuchinos..."

Melek stared at the tiny little barista as she rambled on, a slow smile answering her inquiries. Finally, he had to lift a hand to slow her down to get a word in. "Uh...I'm sure that's all very nice, but uh...I was thinking just tea for now. Black, with sugar. Oh and uh...could I get a couple of those...oh what are they? The biscuit things? With the fruit and sweet bits...?"

The tiny demon giggled, then made a motion like she was taking notes, though there was neither parchment nor quill in sight. "Black tea with sugar and two choco-cherry scones. Sound right, dear?" After waiting for a nod, she giggled and started back into the cafe. "Great! If you need anything else, sugar, just call! My name's Mocha!"

Chuckling to himself at the enthusiastic young woman's exit, Melek settled in to relax from the day's work and wait for a different sort of business appointment.

Antidia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:20 pm
User ImageIt was a rare day when her employer let her have some free time. Dahlia worked as a personal assistant for another pae. The hours were horrible, the work was awful, and her employer was irritatingly demanding. But, it paid well.

Time to hit up the little cafe before she was summoned back to work.

When she spotted the mop of teal curls among the other patrons, she smiled and put a little more energy in her stride. "Melek! I hope you weren't waiting long." Dahlia sat in the seat opposite of her friend and pulled her pony tail back out of her face. "How are you doing? I brought you something. I made this, because my boss has been alluding to a cold winter." She withdrew the scarf which was tied up neatly with a piece of hemp string.

She was so excited to talk to someone sane that it showed on her face. She had raced out of her building to come here.

Teigra

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:55 pm
The Bazaar carried other goods, why not magical brooms that did the sweeping for you? Of course, that could put Pae like him out of a job, but it made jobs for others more magically-inclined. Someone had to keep enchanting all those brooms...

"Melek!"

Freed from his wandering thoughts by the sound of his name, Melek glanced around before catching sight of Dahlia heading in his direction, which brought a smile to his face. He quickly stood as she neared, offering her a hand as she sat down, then took his own seat once more.

"Oh no, not at all. Least I don't think I was...my order isn't here yet," he mused, then looked up in surprise as he was handed something else that was clearly not tea or scones. "For me? But...I didn't bring you anything. Wait, I didn't forget something, did I?" Momentary panic hit as he struggled to remember some occasion that may have slipped his mind...until she explained. Oh, no, he didn't forget anything this time. She was just being kind.

One hand beneath, the other on top of the gift, Melek relaxed and managed to answer with a smile. He knew it was clear he wasn't one of the more...'well off' Pae'il in the City. He tried not to dwell on it; he just did the best he could from day to day, and thus far, it was enough to get by. With Danya's help. The Guardians helped those who helped themselves and even if he didn't have an abundance of luxuries, he had enough to keep going.

He wasn't oblivious to those in the City that looked down on Pae'il like him. He just...tried to ignore them and not get hung up on what they clearly thought. Dahlia didn't treat him like that. And she didn't make it obvious when she did something kind like this. She just...did it.

"Thank you," he answered, glancing down to appreciate the obviously fine craftsmanship of the scarf, then back to Dahlia with a smile.

Now, to business.

After he settled the scarf in his lap, he leaned over the table, glancing around before speaking. "It's been a while since we last met. Lots of ground to cover." After another wary look around, he grinned at her and whispered a very important question.

"So what's the latest on the candy shop twins?"

Antidia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm
"No no, don't worry about it. My boss insists I prepare for a cold winter, so I wanted to make sure my friends will be warm." Dahlia rested her hands together on the table and took a quick glance around for the server. Seems she's a busy gal.

"I heard from the sugar delivery fairy that one of them was spotted canoodling with the candle maker's son. The old ladies that live next door to the candle maker confirmed it. Can you believe it!? They're just so young.

I was making a pick-up today from the crystal shop and there was a rude lady that nearly pushed me into the rack of quartz. Later I found out she's the mother of that cute little girl that sings near the bazaar. I was shocked because she's such a sweetheart and her mom ... isn't. Can you believe it? "

Teigra

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:34 pm
"What? It seems like just yesterday, they were kids running around the sales counters and running into customers," Melek responded in disbelief. How quickly kids grew up these days. Goodness. Apparently he'd been up here in the City now long enough to see kids come along, grow up, then start finding special Pae of their own. Or well...to see them start looking anyway. With such young love, who knew if it'd really work out in the end...

He shook his head at the story of the rude woman in the crystal shop. "Some people..." What was wrong with some Pae these days? so much rudeness and inconsiderate behavior. Not only was it unbecoming, but it was clearly unbefitting for proper children of the Guardians. How ashamed must they be? It'd be like...if he'd been rude as a child, then trying to face his mother. He couldn't imagine. The look of disappointment on Takeko's face, the sadness in her tone...it made him sad now just to imagine the hypothetical situation! How others could act that way, he'd never know.

"You're alright, aren't you?" Dahlia had said she'd been 'nearly' pushed, right? Hopefully she hadn't actually stumbled or fallen, especially into a display. That could have hurt...or at the least been embarrassing. He hated to think of anything like that happening to the kind demon.

"Here we go! Sorry for the delay, but these are fresh out of the oven! Careful, sweetie, still hot!" The energetic little mini-demon had appeared as if out of nowhere, or at least so it seemed to Melek who had been lost in his thoughts again. She set down a plate with two scones and the cup of tea on a saucer, steam still rising from both into the cool evening air.

Ah, yes, he'd ordered tea and a snack! "Thank you!"

"Of course, sir!" The chipper waitress turned her attentions to his new companion. Aww, wasn't she a cutie? Grinning, she pantomimed taking notes on an invisible pad again. "What about you, ma'am? Anything for his lovely lady?"

Antidia

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff