Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[A] Just A Normal Interview??? (Abhain + Quenton + Snowball)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:58 am
In retrospect, Abby hadn't really thought through moving into an off campus apartment. No summers at home meant no more Mom covering summer expenses, and when rent came due she kind of needed to have her share at the ready. Which meant, horror of all horrors, getting a job. Which... Proved to be more difficult than it sounded at first.

She'd spent the last two weeks browsing listings everywhere she could, trying to keep to a certain distance from the apartment so she wasn't too tired after walking to work. Which meant her choices had been rather limited. Positions that she didn't have the skills for or - worse yet - fast food places. She shuddered to even think of it, and had buckled down to scour even harder for a job somewhere. Literally anywhere but at a fast food place. Seriously, she was willing to do customer service!

Thankfully, it didn't look like it'd be coming to that. She'd spotted a very interesting ad about a new Cat Café looking for another hand last week, and had arranged an interview for today. The walk over had been pretty uneventful. Just long enough that she wouldn't mind a cold drink, but not so long that she was completely exhausted by the time she walked through the door.

And what a first impression! It was cute and cozy, and there were absolutely, definitely kitties. Multiple kitties, no less. She really hoped that she got this job.

Ivynian
LP
Feel free to bring Snowball in whenever's convenient for you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:51 am
The luxury of the café for him lay in the limited and scheduled reservations- guests rarely ordered more than an initial drink and snack, so most interactions happened at the first 15 minutes of any hour. The rest of the time could be spent tidying, petting "lord Ouiji, or seeing to his own graduate readings. Quenton sat at the single bar chair behind the barrista station, a sheaf of printed and stapled published articles from the library on order to get through. The door caught his attention. He didn’t need to check the mounted tablet to know this wasn't a reservation.

She looked owlish, taking in the locale the way the curiosity tended. He stood away from his chair and made the few steps around the barrista stand to make himself available but unobtrusive, and offered a quiet, gravel-voiced greeting. " Welcome to Catfé. Our reservations for furry companions are full today, but the front cafe here is open to relax in and enjoy wifi, drinks and snacks at your leisure. If you have any questions, please let me know. "

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

LP

Ivynian

Cat

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:24 am
It took Abby perhaps a moment too long to realize that she'd been staring. She was rather abruptly snapped from her (thankfully not slack-jawed) stupor by the greeting of who she assumed was the owner. She blinked a few times and tried very hard to ignore the sudden heat in her cheeks. She really hoped she hadn't come off as impolite or anything. First impressions could make or break an interview... Right?

"O-oh, I'm sorry! I kind of spaced for a second there, didn't I?" She laughed nervously, rubbing her hands against her jeans in an attempt to soothe her nerves. "It's just... You have such a nice atmosphere going that I guess I got a little lost in it. But I'm actually here for the job interview!"

Hopefully she hadn't just ruined her chances already. Had she been too honest? Why couldn't she just rewind time and do that first entrance all over again?

Ivynian
LP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 pm
He extended a hand out to shake, "Quenton Marinus. Owner. Please, we can have a seat here at the cafe table. "

It was the work of a moment to retrieve the tablet from its mounting at the barrista stand to bring over, a few taps, and an application by way of Google Survey was drawn up. Quenton didn't sit himself, setting the tablet down within her reach but not demanding-in-direct-front of Abby's position. "There's a short application that you can fill out digitally on this in a moment- first, can I get you something to drink? Gratis, as a thank you for coming in today. We have coffee, tea, cocoa, spa waters- hot and cold. Whatever you like. It isn't part of the interview. You can fill out the survey while I make it. "

The form itself promised the very usual necessities - surname and first name, social security, address, phone, date of birth, felony history, employment history, employment desired and hours available.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

LP

Ivynian

Cat

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 am
The handshake was accepted rather quickly, although it was admittedly not very impressive on Abby's side. "Abhain Hanley. It's nice to meet you."

She flashed Quenton a nervous smile before having a seat where he'd indicated, carefully forcing herself not to rest her elbows on the table. Well, at least until the tablet was set in front of her with the application pulled up on the screen. It was a refreshing change of pace from the paper application she'd been half expecting. Hand writing things had always been a little tedious for her, and after a while her hand was prone to cramping up. Typing, even on a tablet, was a refreshing change of pace.

"Hot cocoa would be great. Made with 2% milk, if that's not too much trouble?" Truthfully a cold drink might have been the better option given how warm it was starting to get, but a well made cup of cocoa was hard to pass up no matter how hot it was outside.

The application itself wasn't too difficult for her. She had to pull out her phone to double check that she'd typed in her new address correctly, but the rest of it was fairly straightforward. No felonies. No real work experience. She really hoped that didn't work against her. It was so hard to get a starting job anymore. And her availability matched the afternoon operating hours perfectly. (But she made sure to note that she'd be going back to school in the fall, and once that was in session later night shifts would be more convenient for her.)

The only place she really hesitated was at the employment desired section. What would a position here even be called? Barista? Waitress? Designated human slave to cats? The last one had her laughing quietly to herself, and she resisted the urge to put that in. Any was a good answer, right? Or, at least, it was the best answer she could think of and the one she ended up putting down.

Ivynian
LP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 am
Snowball was lurking around the catfe with a purple cape and hat that he'd found, if anyone watched a popular kids show his current outfit would remind them a lot of something like this.

He'd decided to tell Quenton to just call him Snowswirl the Bearded if he had to have a different name. His tail flickered, he might as well go with a nerdy name that was close to his own.

His tail was flickering as he finally settled near the Batista station. Ear's flicking and staring at Abhain. He was waiting for Quenton to come over to where he was at. So they could talk for a moment regarding the woman that was applying for the job.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Ivynian

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Ivynian

Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:17 pm
Quenton gave a nod, but no verbal answer, leaving her to the tablet while he set about making the cocoa as ordered with scientific precision. 2% milk was always stocked and fresh, but it wasn't used nearly so much as the whole, skim, or alternatives. The age of the internet had at least enlightened some people to the fallacies of milk naming and that 2% milk was better labelled 'half milk', and 'whole' milk meant not much other than 3.5% with only has about 30 calories more per cup than 2 percent milk. Still, there where other reasons one might choose this or that other than calorie counting. The important thing was for the drink to be the perfect, prototypical cup of cocoa. Nirvana of beverage, small food and kitties was the goal.

Snowball lurking near the barrista stand was unusual. Quenton carefully looked around at where the attention of each patron was, including Abby, to mark when it was safe to draw the Mauvian into the privacy behind the counter and glass. It was against food code, but it was unusual enough that it warranted action. Quenton scooped the cat in, crouching himself ostensibly to pick out a mug from the bottom shelf. He set the ragdoll back on his little fluffy feet. "Something catch your attention?"

LP

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:57 pm
Snowball tried not to make a noise when he was lifted up. Knowing really he wasn't suppose to be there but he needed to talk to Quenton, and when it was safe the cat looked around and replied, "Yeah. . . I think our new hire candidate is a senshi. But you know as well as I do I can't rightfully awake her here."

He tilted his head, "So... we need a plan." He smiled at Quenton.

Ivynian

Kitsune Mistresss Nyoko

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Ivynian

Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:35 pm
"The VIP room. I'll move the interview there. It's enclosed, private, and has curtains that can be drawn. " Quenton stood, finished making the cocoa, scooped Snowball up again (something not actually necessary except that Quenton really wanted to carry and hold the very fluffy Mauvian. ) It was teh work of a moment to put up a sign prepared for such occasions that said barriasta "back soon, in an interview in the VIP room" and listed his cell number to text as well as inviting people to please knock on the door.

He brought both back to the table where Abby and the tablet were, setting the Cocoa down in her reach before shifting that second arm to cradle Snowball up against his chest and shoulder. Asking was mostly a polite formality, since as the interviewer, he was in a position of locational power. "Do you mind if we move to the VIP room? It's more private, less chance of interruption, since you'll be answering a few questions? Snowswirl here will be joining us."

"You can bring the tablet and your cocoa along. " Quenton balanced Snowball a moment to get the door between the foyer and the cat room. He held it for Abby to pass, then led to the wood and glass room in the back past a few happy looking patrons waving feather wands to excited felines. The VIP room had plush, bench style seating that surrounded each perimeter, as well as a sturdy steel coffee table and some vases with cat toys. Quenton set the Mauvian down on a microfleece throw before he set to closing all the privacy curtains. It would be a half moment's wait until it was safe and all the blinds pulled. "It won' t be many questions. First of which is if you have any allergies- there's elements of food preparation in the position. And obviously cats."

Preempting for logical order of events
LP

Kitsune Mistresss Nyoko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:00 am
Abby had just been finishing up the last of the application when Quenton returned. She gratefully accepted the beverage before glancing up and realizing that a very festively dressed feline would apparently be joining them, and it was hard not to smile at the sight of the cat cradled in the man's arms. Now that was adorable.

"Oh no, not at all! Whatever's convenient for you works just fine."

It took only a moment to gather her things, and she shouldered her purse before picking up the tablet and her mug of cocoa before falling into step behind Quenton. She didn't bother trying to hide how she glanced around as they passed through the cat room, admiring all the clearly well cared for cats before ducking through the door that was opened for her. But just as quickly as she'd gotten up, she managed to settle back down, setting her purse between her feet and both the tablet and mug on the table in front of her.

Abby didn't go to sip from her drink just yet, giving it some time to cool while she answered Quenton's questions. "I'm happy to say I have no food or feline allergies to speak of."

Ivynian
LP

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:46 pm
When snow was sat down he looked around and started kneading the blanket much like a cat would and then seemed to lose interest as he moved closer to Abby.

his nose twitched as he looked her over and sniffed at her hand trying to be a 'normal cat' looking to see if Quenton would give him a green light on powering her. He didn't want to scare her off. However, when Quenton would glance at him, and gave a wink to let him know that yeah he was sure.

His ears twitched as he watched her.

Ivynian

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:02 pm
"Our location is close to the University, so much of our clientele is faculty and students. It comes with a risk of proximity and hours of operation. A little similar to convenience stores, only in Destiny City it isn't hold ups, but the vigilante street war that Tag Swagger covered two years ago between the 'senshi' and 'negaverse'." Bare a moment and their privacy was complete. " Care to weigh in on that risk? And on your feeling about the vigilantes?"

Quenton took a seat, making sure that he wasn't between her and the door so that it didn't give the impression of trapping her. Whatever answer she gave could help inform, hopefully, what sort of tact Snowball took for approaching her about being a senshi. I've never been present for another senshi or knight receiving their power. I've not talked about it much with others either. ********* found me on the street. Then the other cat in the midst of battle. This seems a kinder way than battle, even if violence so often follows by following up the promises of magic. Will it increase her want or lessen it to work here?

Kitsune Mistresss Nyoko

LP

Ivynian

Cat

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 am
Abby's gaze flicked towards Snowball as he approached her, and the moment he began sniffing towards her hand she shifted to reposition it. She was mindful of the cat's temperament, extending a hand towards him palm up, and giving him plenty of time to sniff over her fingers as she returned her focus to Quenton. The mention of the street war had her frowning thoughtfully, and she retrieved her cocoa with her free hand as she worked her way through her answer.

"Well, I'm going to DCU for my sophomore year starting in the fall, so the proximity to the campus is actually convenient for me. I can walk over after classes to start my shifts." Abhain paused for a moment, lifting her mug to take her first sip of cocoa and humming at the taste. She continued after setting her mug down. "As for the risk involving the street war, I don't think it's that much higher than just... Living here to begin with. If something's going to happen that'll get me involved, there isn't much I can do to stop it short of becoming a shut in. I'd rather live my life and take things as they come."

Abby paused again to take another sip of cocoa, wiggling her fingers a bit to make sure Snowball didn't lose interest - and to show her willingness to offer chin scratches if he wanted them.

"As for the vigilantes, I can't say that I have any personal experience with them. I suppose that might make me lucky, but I'm not sure the media has been entirely fair when covering them. I think the senshi are trying their best to keep people not directly involved out of the street war, and I actually respect them a lot for that."

Ivynian
LP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:29 pm
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
[

Ivynian

Snowball settled on his haunches listening to Abby's answers. When she said there wasn't much she could do to stop it and she wasn't becoming a shut in. He gave a small nod and shrug like he agreed. There wasn't really much for humans to do. . . well not normal humans. They could still fight but they weren't as successful.

He shifted a little bit thinking about talking as she said she wasn't sure about the vigilantes but she thought the senshi were trying to keep people not directly involved out of the street wars.

Snowball couldn't help but smile some, She had a positive experience with senshi then. He moved to nuzzle into her hand and gave a mew before looking at Quenton, he took a second before moving away like he was going back to Quenton for scratches before pausing and doing a silly little circle motion that was almost like chasing his tail; before seeming to magically producing a pen in his mouth. Which he returned to Abby with sitting it in her opened hand.

He wished he'd had a way to pull both pen and phone out at the same time, but this would do. He'd give her the phone in a second.

"Well . . .you might have a chance to help be one of those that keeps the civilians out of it." Snowball's tail twitched as he sat down looking at Abby, "If you want to."

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Ivynian

Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:04 pm
Hoping the assumption that a stroke, or hallucination had struck would occur to the job-applicant, Quenton judged it best to reiterate as a support that Snowball was real, and had made a thing out of air and talked.

"These cats with stars on their brow, " He motioned a hand over Snowball without touching. "Are called Mauvians. They are more than just cats. They can reason, talk, remember and guide the sailor-dressed scouts. They can detect who has a sleeping power within and awaken it... you have that potential. If you are willing to take up that mantle. It is fraught with danger, wonder, and a great deal that is unbelievable. It is real."

Kitsune Mistresss Nyoko

LP

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces