Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Disaster in a famine (Jaddis & Kali)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:37 pm
User Image

It was quiet. It was always quiet when he walked through a place. His footfalls and the ragged breaths he occasionally remembered to take the only sounds in the deathly silence. The bone thin god very rarely went to the gods lands, his place was on mortal soil. His place was here, on this land where starvation had ruined the landscape and left it barren, dry, void of life. There was no one to help or hurt here. There was nothing except the sound of his paws and the ocasional rattleof his breath when he remembered to take one and one other thing, the endless flap of wide wings.

The bone thin god knew the vulture was above him and he didn't mind. the creature had joined him not too long ago, it was a strange thing having a companion, even one that mainly followed him in the hope of getting something to eat. There was nothing today, just the sound of silence. Sitting slowly he took a breath breaking the quiet with a slow, bone rattling breath and his voice. "Come down, there is nothing."

User Image
The vulture circled a few more times before folding its jet black ragged wings and plummetting to the ground. It hopped across the ground and eyed the deathly thin predator. "why come here?" the bird squarked hopping around its deadly beak pulling at the nothing of the land, digging up some long forgotten scrap of bone. "Nothing here Jaddis, why come?"

The god said nothing spreading his wings he slowly crumpled to the ground as if he were resting, his breathing stopped, in a shattering deathly breath, his lips, long sewn shut turned in a smile and a chuckle whispered from his hollow chest "Because this is a famine, this is the place where many died." his voice echoed those stone dead eyes seemingly vacant, the voice sounding from the corpse looking god despite his mouth clearly not moving. "It is a place to listen, a place of silence, of famine. a place of me." The sickly looking god took a breath and lay still as if he had died where he lay allowing the silence of the place to reform.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:48 am
User Image

Sprawled across an elevated rock, Kali laid on her side, slowly dragging an extended claw across its surface. Her bone scythe lay beside her, and she stared at it longingly. She was bored, yes, but there was a rare empty feeling that lingered in her. Was her life of solitude finally chipping away at her? Or had she just not lived up to her domain as much as of late? Either way, Kali had considered finding a partner in crime in recent months; she had seen how mortals seemed to enjoy company, and even some of her fellow immortals seemed to have taken on a mortal companion.

If she thought about it, there really didn't seem to be anything enticing about being tethered to a mortal - they're needy, and they die in the end. Though, they possibly served as an outlet so immortals didn't have to have so many inner dialogues.

If it was up to her, though, Kali would far prefer finding another God or Goddess that enjoyed some of the same things that she did - flying around the mortal realm, harassing mortals and wreaking havoc. Unfortunately, she hadn't come across anyone yet that seemed to fit that bill, and the other Gods or Goddesses she had come across, she possibly didn't make the best impression on.

Ears twitching at the sound of something incoming, Kali's purple eyes slid up, squinting as they crossed the sun. She saw a small shape, listing back and forth in the air - a bird, she knew. Having been in solitude for a few days now, the prospect of another living creature lit a small spark within the Goddess, causing her to roll over and slowly come to her feet. Extending her wings, she jumped down from her perch, gliding just above the ground towards where the bird circled.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:14 pm
polette

Ayunav twisted his neck as he saw the goddess approaching. "Jaddis, hey Jaddis stop being dead." He opened his jet black wings and made himself look as big as possible "not for the eating lady. No nomming here."he skwarks clacking his bright beak.

The corpse like lion rose from his dormant position and took a deep gasping breath. "she would have no reason to eat you bird." He states turning his stone like eyes on the female "she is a goddess" The God of famine rose to a seated position to greet the purple eyed goddess. "this is an unusual place for a goddess to reside lady are you lost?" He tilted his head, which was a comical act for one such as him, he had always looked more dead than alive and any quirks that would seem normal for most always looked strange. His head tilt almost seemed like his neck was broken.

"I am Jaddis, and the angry bird is Ayunav." He takes a deep rattling breath, he had not spoken this much in a long time, the vulture was his permanent companion but they barely said a word to each other one day to the next. The bird followed him because he followed in the foot steps of famine which meant there was usually something to eat. He knew this and yet enjoyed the birds companionship.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:39 pm

As she approached, she could tell that she'd gained the bird's attention; but, even puffed out, Kali feared no mortal bird. The thought that it might not be a mortal bird briefly crossed her mind - an unfortunate encounter with the God of Thunder had caused that. But, the probability of something like that happening again were slim, at best.

Eyeing the ground, Kali's wings shifted dramatically as something rose from the ground. It looked dead, but obviously wasn't. Was the bird waiting for it to die? Her flight path was now altered, and she began a large circle around the bird and prey in question rather than heading directly towards it. The Goddess was confused, and didn't want to rush into a situation she didn't entirely understand. As her eyes traced the figure, though, she began to understand. Though they didn't look like most, those were wings sprouting from its back.

Her circle lowered, and she finally touched ground in front of him. His eyes were unnerving, but Kali wasn't the type to be shaken easily. She dipped her head slightly in recognition, sifting through the different Gods she thought he could be. "Jaddis, my name is Kali." She grinned, showing some of her teeth. "And what can I say? I've always been drawn to unusual things." Her eyes briefly touched on the bird, squinting as if distrustful. As she spoke, her eyes searched him, looking over the sunken parts of his body.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:12 pm
polette

Jaddis looked the goddess over she smelled young, he had seen many gods in his time, he had been around for a very long time after all his body never changing. "You have curiosity in your eyes Kali, my domain is of famine. There has been a great famine here." If it was possible he was more still for a moment, his breathing stopped, his stony eyes still. He passed this way for a moment before he took a deep rattling breath. "Sorry, I do not spend much time with others I forget it is unnerving not to breath."

The vulture that was his companion flapped his wings and shuffled to settle itself away from the two gods. "Crazy gods, coming to place of no food. Crazy."

The bone thin God shook his head "the bird tags along with me, he thinks he will get a meal where ever I go..." He pauses for a moment "he isn't often wrong."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 pm

"You're surprisingly perceptive." She cracked a smile; she still wasn't even completely sure that he could actually see out of those dark abysses of eyes. "Famine? You fit it so well." Chuckling for a moment, Kali felt a little more relaxed. Although famine wasn't really a happy domain, it wasn't entirely malevolent. "My domain is Hazards." She rose her chin a little in pride, bringing a paw forward. "You could say that I'm a tad more movable."

"Don't worry yourself on my account, Jaddis." Kali was showing an odd level of respect for the God - perhaps because he was so emotionless that she didn't think she could get a rise out of him even if she tried. "Besides, isn't being unnerving a bit more fun sometimes?" Her eyes dropped to the vulture for a moment; her eyes squinted and her lips puckered slightly. Kali had never cared a great deal for birds - most tended to ruin her fun. But she could see the allure of a God having a flying companion.

Syrius Lionwing
(( OH. MY. GOD.

Sorry about the delay! D: But I'm totally game for continuing! ))

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 am
Polette
No worries! Happy to continue, i do enjoy rping Jaddis ^_^!

The thin god chuckled suddenly. His laugh was thin and airy and maybe even a little breathless but it was definitely a laugh. Perhaps a hazard had drawn here here? The way he was drawn to this place. "Unfortunately it has been a long time since I have had fun." His lips moved beneath the ties that held them shut. A smile perhaps? It was only fleeting for the creature that was certainly a god of some sort returned to stillness looking as if a breeze would blow him away.

"It's been a while since I had a conversation." His head moved in a slow nod, it seemed his body was remembering it had to do things to communicate with others and he remembered once again to take a shallow breath. "What fun brings you here to this desolate place?" He pauses his dark eyes shifting to look around, it occurred to him she could have caused the blight on this land, there was a multitude of hazards that could cause a famine after all. He had never had to actuallycause a famine, famine happened and he existed because it did not the other way around.

The multicoloured vulture spread his wings and flew up in to a near by tree to watch proceedings. He hadn't long decided to tag along with the god and so had never seen another god before. They really did come in all shapes and sizes. He wasn't entirely sure that this one could be trusted as the famine god was, but what could he do about it? He was a bird and she was a god. All he could do was observe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:59 pm

"I can't imagine that." Kali's eyes traced the outline of his wings as she thought about going through life without having any fun or entertainment. Her entertainment was so heavily tied to her domain, there wasn't really a day that went by that she wasn't doing something fun. How else were immortals supposed to pass their days?

"Well then I guess it's a good thing that I came along, isn't it?" Wiggling her toes, she decided to finally take a seat on the ground facing him. "Nothing too specific, I suppose." She reached a paw up, scratching behind one of her horns. "Though there was a rock slide a little ways back-" She paused, giving him a slight wink, "-oops."

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm
Polette

Jaddis had known many gods in his life. He had known many solemn gods, determined gods and even gods who knew little of what to do with the existence of their domain. He wasn't actually sure he had ever met a god whom lived for the fun in life. It was an interesting concept. His own domain of course brought little time for fun or frivolity. Many fled when they saw him, he did after all embody the domain that was his.

"Oops she says." He laughs suddenly his whole body jolting with the effort of the amused sound. "My domain I am afraid doesn't really encompass fun. Famine does not exist because of me, I exist because of famine, if I vanished it would still happen and another would take my place. We all exist because our domains exist, really we have very little influence over it." He smiles a painful looking experience as it pulled at the stitches that held his mouth shut. "Yes it is a very good thing that you came along, I don't think I have ever been so amused."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:23 pm

"Well, duh?" Kali gave him a slight wink as she joked - their basic concept of being Gods was, of course, due to the belief of mortals, but she couldn't help but see that as such a drab idea to simple 'exist' because they had to. "I think the mere fact that we can be so replaceable means that we should make the most of every day that we have-" she laughed for a moment, "-even though we do have so many."

"Well I'm glad you think so, Jaddis. Few often do." She toyed with her scythe playfully for a moment, trying to keep herself entertained. All of this deep talk was unsettling to her nerves.

"So you're just going to, what? Stay here? Until 'the forces that be' move you?" She grinned, not being able to help her cheeky side.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:53 pm
Polette

A small spark flashed in those stone gray eyes, he certainly hadn't been so amused in a long time. She was young, youth brought with it fun and excitement, the joys of the world. He'd been young once, it was a long time ago a barely whispered memory.

"I only come to ease the passing." His dark eyes moved with life, he had always lived for his domain, that was the world he had always lived in, the thought that he could abandon those who needed him, he knew he couldn't still, as he had said, the world would keep turning even if he wasn't in it. "I can't see those who are weak suffer, that would be cruel of me a waste of the gift I have been given. Mortals have such short lives they should be allowed to live them and if I can help with that I will." He paused for a moment "So yes, I suppose I will allow the fates to keep moving me until my time is up."

"And what do you do with your extended life young one? What makes you smile, what pulls you around in this life?" He tilted his head a movement that caused the bones in his shoulders to crack and creak.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:38 pm

"You are a much more benevolent God than I." Kali wrinkled her nose at the thought. She wasn't really upset or anything - she wouldn't change how she interacted with mortals for anything - it was just a fact at this point.

"You know, sometimes I wonder if our predecessors did this on purpose - you know? Like, do you think they just got tired of it all and finally gave up, shoving it off on a new generation?" She glanced at him, giving a sympathetic smile. It was probably that thought that had originally led her to believe that it wasn't worth it to just 'do what she was told' or follow some unwritten rules.

"I like to spend my time enjoying myself - and seeing everything there is to see!" The Goddess bounced up on her paws from her seated position thinking about it. "Most mortals aren't worth much of my time, but I will admit, they do have some...enchanting qualities." Her head slightly tilted, letting her braid sway back and forth. "I am a fan of seeing their passion - loyalty, love!" She paused, worrying that she was getting too far ahead of herself. She was still a young and chaotic immortal, but she did still have a hidden romantic. And because she'd never experienced so many things that mortals do - having a loving family, a cause to die for, falling in love - she found those aspects all the more alluring.

"I guess my dust hasn't quite settled yet." Her purple eyes returned to the older God, poking fun at him lightly.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:24 am
The elderly god watched as she pranced, expressing her joy, the way she saw the world. He supposed her domain allowed her to play with mortals, to see them in odd predicaments, after all disaster could mean anything. Big or small he was certain she wasnt malevolent, just, fun loving. He wished for a moment that he could join her, he knew technically he could,his appearance after all only reflected his domain, he could fly without membranes in his wings he could run even though the muscles over his bones were withered, he could see though his eyes were blind and he could speak even though his lips were sewn shut.

When she mentioned predecessors he laughed quietly "I wouldn't know, though I have met others who were re-born. New generations, they decide how they wish to interpret what they are. It's not for me to play the teacher." He nods a slow creaking nod.

"Have fun while you are young, learn, laugh, love, all of these things are beautiful experiences, they are not limited to mortals though I would throw caution to the wind in regards to love. I have seen many an immortal, leave, because of heartbreak."

Polette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 pm

"You know what? I will." Kali grinned, giving a slight wink. Some would say she had a little too much fun, but that was all apart of life, wasn't it? Especially out here. Maybe she learned the trait from being around mortals for so much of the time - they had to enjoy themselves while they could, since their lives were so fragile and fleeting.

"It is kind of a twisted fascination, though, with love I mean." Her smile shrunk slightly, knowing that what he said had truth to it. "Everyone wants to experience love, but with love almost always comes that pain. Who knows if I'll experience it one day, too." Her head dipped a bit; the idea seemed so foreign, there's no way she could even consider the idea at this point. Infatuation, maybe, but full-on love? That was a commitment she didn't think she could make for some time.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 am
Polette
Fin?

The bone thin god chuckled lightly and got to his feet, every bone seemed to grind and creak as he did so. “Come, walk with me for a spell and you can tell me of your fun.” It was strangely refreshing for his ears to hear laughter. It had been many years since he had heard it. Perhaps once upon a time when his children were small and less serious. They had long since grown though and he had fathered very few others, his appearance after all did not exactly envoke feelings of love or even like.

Still, perhaps he could enjoy a little time with this young female full of the joys of life. She reminded him of mortals so much and he did love the mortals though very few could stay in his presence for too long.

A smile lifted those sewn lips. Just a little time with another who wasn’t a vulture.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games