[Jauhar] There and back... again. (Maya/V'demhe) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:52 pm
Maya picked up another set of materials and shoved them into a larger bag; Rope, wraps, clothing, food, basic medical kit Teiluj had made for her. Leaning back as she shifted through the materials Maya turned away and moved through the house. Her eyes lingered on one of the rooms with irritation before shifting across the way to another, with a softer expression. Moving towards the later of the two rooms Maya lifted up the thick hide over the door. "Have you packed enough, don't be afraid to ask Teiluj for medical supplies while we travel. She's got some talent in that area. Oh, we should leave by first light... oi are you listening."

Maya pulled a face as she stared over at V'demhe. Folding her arms across her chest she only smiled. "I am not dragging you home by force this time. Only helping you return for the celebration, this must be the first time you've been gone from Aisha for so long. Are you exited to go back?"

The Alkidike blinked and looked down the hall back towards the room she seemed to detest. "I had hoped Teiluj would join us, and leave that oban behind." she muttered.

Heras box

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:02 pm
Silver_tigress18

She heard Maya's approach long before the hide was moved away from the door. V'demhe took a deep breath. She was still not very fond of the woman since the last time she'd seen her Maya was packing her away with Nibet. She caught the tail end of an "Oi are you listening?" and blinked. Pulled from the memory she looked over at the tall alkidike in the doorway. "No, I wasn't, sorry sister." Dem shifted so that she could sit up better and gave a small wince.

Her gaze went past Maya and down the hall at the other room as well. V'demhe liked being in Jauhar near her friend. Teiluj was one of the few she had. Still, she did miss being close to Aisha. "Yes, I want to see mother again." She paused for a second then smiled to herself. "Both of them."

Rising to her feet Dem did her best not to move her side too much since it pulled at the healing skin and made it itch. "I would love it if she came with us." It would make one wish of hers come true. However, she gave a nice chuckle at Maya's last words. "Face it Mama, that Oban would follow her if she tried."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:49 pm
Maya watched her carefully, wondering if she would be better off asking Teiluj if she could borrow Starline to make sure the journey was smoother. It didn't surprise her V'demhe lacked interest in what she was saying. She was about the same age as Teiluj, and far less respectful of her elders. In her opinion at least. Her antenna twitched as she noticed the movement of her daughter in another room. She had already tried convincing her daughter to come with her and V'demhe but Teiluj had been insistent on staying.

She could understand her daughters reasoning to a point. The previous years she had tried as a youngling had basically forced her to stay away. Even as a young adult Teiluj would rather remain home then face those women. Now there was the added obstacle that Nkole provided. It was probably best once the celebration was over, that she move onto Sauti to join up with Shukri or even seek out Rishima again. She wanted company and as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't want to be alone forever.

"That is something that worries me. Since when has an Oban ever cared enough about someone that wasn't one of them? Since when... I'm still convinced he wants to make a slave out of her. And she's so easily manipulated in that way. She wouldn't even notice if it happened. Really V'demhe I would rather you two had fallen for each other instead. Then I wouldn't be so worried."

Scratching the back of her neck Maya turned from the room. "Hurry though, we better leave before first light if we want to make it back in time."

Heras Box

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:39 am
Silver_tigress18

She got to her feet slowly as Maya spoke about the Oban. V'demhe gave pause at the idea that Teiluj would be made into a slave. It made her narrow her eyes as she looked toward the room her friend was in. "If that ever happens.. I'll kill the Oban myself." Dem was aware that Tei could likely hear her but it didn't make her words any less true.

Taking it slowly she leaned down to pick up her small bag of belongings so that she could follow Maya out. Making a small snorting noise the alkidike gave a roll of her eyes. "I already confessed my feelings to Teiluj, Mama. She turned me down." Taking care not to pull too much at her wounds she walked toward the older woman. "I am ready when you are."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:26 am
Maya turned back to give V'demhe a smile. "It's a comfort to know my daughter has friends that will protect her and defend her should anything happen. She needs friends like you in her life." Taking a few more steps Maya called out Pacju's name as she moved a few more paces down the hallway and turned back as V'demhe spoke again. She wasn't aware that V'demhe had already confessed to Teiluj.

That had made her more concerned for her daughter, an Alkidike companion would be a good thing for her. She sighed inwardly and twitched a little as V'demhe called her mama. "There's a pack on the table for you from Teiluj." Maya spoke in a matter of fact tone. "Medicine, food, and a few other things we need for traveling. She will be upset if you don't take it. If anything, your Radaku can carry the packs."

heras box

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:42 am
Silver_tigress18

She nodded her head. V'demhe would always make sure Teiluj was safe. Not only was the healer her first crush but she was also a good friend. She followed Maya down the hall then paused as she twitched and told her of a pack that Tei had made for her. She gave a sly smile but moved toward the table so that she could get the pack. Having Maha carry the things was a good idea and with that she moved to go outside and saddle her radaku with the packs.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:31 pm
Maya watched quietly as V'demhe moved to gather up the pre-packed bag. Turning around the kitchen to gather up her own set of bags. Feeling a sense of joy as she watched the growing Janarim huddled together with the small pack of pups that remained. Teiluj had been quickly finding homes for them. Even if Tao and one other stayed in the home. It was a shame the earthling had been allowed to bond with one, despite her obvious protests. Shaking her head Maya lifted her bag with a grin. Teiluj had obviously stuffed her bag as well full of as many essentials as she could fit.

Turning to join V'demhe outside Maya slowly worked on the loops of her bags until Pacju emerged from her den under the house. Strapping the material to her companion Maya patted her Radaku's head before turning to give V'demhe a pause. "You're ready?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 am
Silver_tigress18

Outside V'demhe had called to Maha in her usual way, a shrill whistle, and he'd come running. She smiled at him and gave him a quick rub down as she praised him for being so good. Just as Maya came out of the house Dem was putting the packs over Maha's back. She'd looped them together so that they would balance one another as they hung over her familiar's sides. The young Alkidike turned to look at Maya as she spoke and nodded her head. "Ready when you are, Maya." She was determined to keep pace with the older woman since she didn't want to be scolded for being slow. V'demhe was hoping that she could manage a fast pace easily without bothering her wounds.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:01 pm
Pulling the last of the ropes tight Maya nodded and motioned for her to follow. Once again leaving her home and Teiluj in order to travel back towards the Isle's. This time however there was a marked difference. Teiluj wasn't going to travel part way with them this time. Instead she had insisted she remain home with the oban. "Let me know when you get hungry. We can stop to eat then otherwise I'll try to take us as far as we can today. And if we need to slow down just say so. I know how hard it is to travel with injuries."

Heras Box
Tags to everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 pm
Silver_tigress18

She nodded her head to Maya, though she had no plans to rest for some time. And she had eaten shortly before the woman came to get her. V'demhe patted Maha on the head then motioned for him to follow her. She walked on and cast a glance at Maya. "We're not picking up Nibet along the way, are we?" Dem couldn't help that she was curious to know. After all, the last time she'd traveled with Maya she'd also had to travel with the woman's sister and it hadn't been fun.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:19 pm
Maya stopped walking at V'demhe's question. Her antenna twitched painfully as her heart gave a rather large jolt. The last she had seen of Neibet she had insisted she never wanted to see her again. The woman had joined the extremist groups from what she had last understood and was traveling alongside the youngest Mystic. There was obvious upset in the way Maya paused, and the silence in her sudden surroundings.

Taking in an unsteady breath Maya squared her shoulders and started forward again. "No V'demhe, we will not be stopping for Neibet. The woman is on her own now with the choices she's made. I can not tolerate them, she's joined up with the Mystic Aselia. We will do well to completely avoid her at the ceremony as best we can." Maya had no idea that Aselia and Neibet were currently on their way to Sauti for completely different reasons and had no intention of returning to Aisha for their sacred rituals.

Heras Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:35 am
Silver_tigress18

V'demhe halted when Maya stopped walking. The way the woman reacted, her body language, said that the topic of her sister was a sore one. The young Alkidike gave a wince and made a mental note to not bring it up again. Though she couldn't say she wasn't grateful that they wouldn't be getting Neibet. When Maya started walking again she did as well, though this time she made sure to keep stride with the woman so that she was practically beside her as they traveled. "I'm sorry I brought it up." Dem had thought to mention her encounter with Aselia but decided against it since it would likely upset her traveling companion a bit more.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:00 am
"Don't be sorry, no one can predict how another will react in every situation." She nodded slowly and continued walking through the forest. "Do not worry Teiluj hates her too. Not that I can blame her, Neibet was never kind to her as a youngling I wonder if it was because we spoiled her with too much affection in home tree." It was the first mention Maya had ever made to her past and the first she had mentioned to anyone about Teiluj's youngling years.

"Never mind that though" Maya took in a deep breath and refused to stop walking. "I am exited to return home for the celebration. I only go home to see Aisha this time every year." There was a twinge of guilt in her voice as she spoke. Clearly she wasn't very pleased with how little she returned to Aisha.

Heras Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:02 pm
Silver_tigress18

It was interesting to hear that Teiluj didn't like her aunt, though she supposed she could see why. If Neibet was traveling with the young mystic then she must share the same views. She remained silent as her traveling companion spoke about the past, not wanting to invade on something she might not have been meant to hear. When the conversation turned to the topic of Aisha she smiled. "Why do you not visit more often?" Dem was curious to know if it was because her daughter could not make the trip with her.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:30 pm
Maya's shoulders sagged a bit as they walked in silence. Eventually speaking up to answer V'demhe. "I'm sure you're smart enough to have already guessed but I don't like traveling back to the Isle alone, leaving Teiluj defenseless. I made that mistake once and nearly lost her for it. I wont do it again, she means far to much to me to put her in that kind of danger. I can't take her back to Aisha for the festivals either. Not with all the unrest that keeps happening."

Maya walked in silence for a bit longer watching Pacju dart ahead and back. "When it hits mid day we could stop and rest for a bit. Food is required, and it will take a few days before we reach the city. You remember? From there we need to find a rowboat to take us across the waters home. I have a habit of walking endlessly so you will have to be the one to voice when we need to stop."

Heras box

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces