Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Bad Blood & No Holds Barred (Abbi & Cameron) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:45 pm
There weren't too many days that passed after the whole ridiculous escapade that had been the infection, and the vines, and then all that terrible violence, before Abbi decided to make amends.
She was still pretty beat up despite the time that had passed, her throat still marred with bruises and her voice hadn't fully come back. A bandage still rested on her nose, but at least it wasn't broken anymore, and all her layers of clothing did something to hide the rest of her bruises and bandages. And despite all her aches, those resulting from the fact Viveca was being particularly vengeful for reasons Abbi couldn't articulate so the teen was healing slower than she liked, she still felt it necessary to venture out into the broken dorms to offer what treaties she could.

Armed with a pell mell pieced together offering basket made up mostly of what left over booze hadn't been broken in her room and a variety of candy bars and chip bags, Abbi made her way through the dorms. For a good long while she stood in front of the room and frowned at the door she meant to knock on. The fact that Claude lived there was of some concern to her, mostly because Abbi didn't want to give the woman further reason to think poorly of the teen what with her current groveling to the room's other occupant. It was a tricky slope to slide down, trying to pander to one party without offending the other and eventually Abbi just set the basket down and pulled out the little pastel purple notebook she'd been scribbling notes on for the past few days.
Once done writing her messaged she ripped the page out and slipped the paper under the door and waited.

To Cameron

I'm really sorry I beat you up and drop kicked you (even if I'm really good at it) and punched you a lot and tried to hurt you and stuff. I brought some goodies to say I'm sorry because I kinda can't talk right now.

If you're in your room open the door.

If you're not, don't tell Claude.

If this is Claude there is a basket of goodies outside for Cameron but you can have some too.

~Abbi

So she waited and pouted and hoped Claude wouldn't answer the door because she didn't want to deal with trying to coax her out of her shell. Banter with Cameron, even written or whispered because of her still partially damaged vocal chords, was preferred.

pixie nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:01 pm
The note was pushed out, flipped on the otherside with his own note added.

Quote:
No.

Leave the goods and scram kid.

Your drop kick felt like a ant's bite.

This is Claude.

It wasn't claude though.

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Abbi was surprised to find the note slipped back out of the door and retrieved it quickly.
Just as soon she began to pout further, her face contorted to comical proportions as she huffed and puffed as quietly as a mouse outside the door. Her drop kick's were legendary! She was the master of petite princesses felling giants! She was no ant and she was no fool!

Glad she had dropped the basket, Abbi balled her fists and raised one to pound against the door, the sound much louder than the threat she croaked.
"Open the door you sorry excuse for a ginger!" She only got out the first part of her sentence before it turned into a raspy version of her usual voice and as soon as she'd finished she began to cough, taking a step back to cover her mouth and basically regret all her decisions.
{ Told ye to stay in yer room }
Fix it, please! Just for now!
The ghost grumbled but at least Abbi was able to stop coughing.

pixie nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 pm
Cameron ignored her for the loud obnoxious knocks.

He was about to put his headphones back in when he heard her raspy cry of battle, and the hacking after. Still recovering from the strangling it seemed.

He popped the door a little bit.

"Why don't you go suck on some cough drops brat." He looked down to the goods, "I'll take the basket though."

She was really lucky Claude wasn't here.

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:21 am
By the time Cameron opened the door, Abbi was in Full Tilt, Teenager Pout Mode. As soon as she caught sight of him she snatched the basket up and teetered back.
"Already did." She hissed, one hand leaving the basket to pull down at the black turtle neck she'd donned to show the row of bandages she'd also employed to hide the bruising on her neck. "Isn't helping." Granted, he had contributed with how bad her injuries had been once the violence of the red eye effect had taken hold.

Instead she kind of kicked at the crack in the door, attempting to push her way into the room and past him.
"Its booze, we're sharing." Since Claude hadn't come to the door Abbi figured she was out and also figured she had a small bit of time in which she could wheedle the man with alcohol as well as soothe her own guilt over having hurt him with the same medium.
Her voice didn't reach above a whisper, but that didn't stop her from trying to communicate beyond writing notes, of which she had tired of after only an hour.

Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 pm
Man, Abbi was real lucky that Claude wasn't around. If the woman was, she would not take kindly to Abbi's little form pushing through.

In this case, because Cameron could see he really had no options, he let the door fling wide open, hoping she would stumble or at least fall her way in. His main concern was only the goods she had brought. He was so thoughtful like that.

"fine come in brat." He snickered, moving around the room to allow her access once she recovered from her little spill. One side looked like minium of pirates. the other had little airplane models spilled around a desk, hanging up over it and around his bed. his pilot coat hung off the rung of his bed, barely over the floor and his sheets were tucked neatly and pressed down. not a single crease in the furniture.

"Come to apologize for almost trying to kill me?" Did Cameron have guilt for what he did? ******** no.

Okay a little.

Just a tiny ******** bit. But only cause she was a kid. He didn't like knowing he wailed on a kid.

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:04 pm
She did trip once the door flung open, but with a want to not appear inadequate, and a need to protect her precious alcohol collection, Abbi managed to keep her footing enough that she only stumbled forward. Once sure of her feet she popped upright with an indignant huff and made sure to glare lots at Cameron for not having helped her any.
"Thought you might be more kind with the prospect of booze." Abbi muttered, fully intending him to hear but not willing to push her voice much more than that.

When she turned to find a place to set down her basket, Abbi realized she hadn't really looked at the room and did so now. Not for the first time today she was glad Claude wasn't around, but that was only because she was feeling a little grumpy and didn't want to deal with more condescending comments. The other woman's side of the room was fine, nothing really interested Abbi too much and she swung around to look at Cameron's and almost dropped the basket.
It was... Not what she'd expected?
She hadn't really expected anything, but the model kits are a big surprise. So is the jacket, but what makes her really go sparkly is how perfectly his bed is made. Even her own wasn't so nice looking and she always kept her room neat as a pin!

Now she set the basket down, finding a small space on the extra desk and moved closer to the bed. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to figure out how he'd made it look so nice and eventually pointed at the bed and then Cameron and tilted her head to one side. Maybe he would figure out she was asking at least five questions at once and would pick one of them to answer for her.

Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:41 pm
"No." Cameron sniffed his nose down at her. "I am not kinder because you are offering booze, Brat."

He didn't give a rats a** about that after all.

Her wandering led her to the bed and she made a sound and pointed to it. At first he was going to say no again. No she couldn't sit on it.

Then he blinked.

"I was in the airforce." Was all he said before plucking a bottle out of her little basket and looking it over. There was a sound of approvement and then he opened it up.

"You can ******** sit you sparkly eyed wench." He gruffed before popping out the seat from his desk.

There was a moment more of silence.

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:07 am
A wrinkle of her own nose is her response, alongside with a show of tongue that is all a mask to cover the fact that Abbi had forgotten proper grammar and was very upset at herself about it. As for the term "brat", it was better than any derogatory terms aimed at her lack of height, so she said nothing.

For a long time Abbi looked at the bed after he'd told her the truth, something that surprised her more than the reason for why the bed was so meticulous, and she only moved after he'd taken his seat. With a motion she considered cute, which mostly consisted of her sticking her arms out as she twirled so that her pigtails reached maximum height, she swung around and skipped over to Cameron.
A quick dig around in the basket produced two shots glasses, the first of which she handed to Cameron and and the second she set down on the desk. Freckled hands reached for the bottle he'd taken and swatted at him if he tried to deny her, accompanied with a variety of exaggerated facial expressions that were normal for the girl but only lacked her colorful exclamations, and once she'd returned the bottle to its rightful owner, she poured them each a shot. There wasn't even a mild glance spared at the bottle because if it belonged to her, she'd drink it. Granted, that went for any sort of alcohol Abbi could get her hands onto, but if she didn't have to say all that out loud then she wouldn't.
"To... I-D-K, surviving." Abbi whispered. She clinked her glass against Cameron's and drained it before dropping it unceremoniously onto the desk and walking off.

With that done she did sit, only not on the bed but on the floor in front of it. Abbi felt it would have been a sin to ruin such wonderful handiwork and felt it more appropriate to admire it without touching. Well, maybe not entirely. She did run fingertips over parts of it, light as anything, just barely because it was so perfect.
"What was it like?"

Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 pm
He watched her as she did what she did. The bottle was replaced with a shot glass, a little power up star from Mario, he mused and hers being Captain America. He tapped his glass to hers.

"Yeah." He muttered, shooting back the shot with a silent hiss. s**t. he hated the burn of alcohol, but loved the taste of it. It was good.

He supposed Abbi earned some sort of points for this.

"Regulated." He poured himself another shot, throwing it back and let the glass tip back on the table. He didn't seem to care that she sat on the ground rather then the bed, but wouldn't have cared if she sat on the bed either really. He did plan on sleeping in it and ruining it anyways.

"I was thrown in action only a couple of times, but mainly I did minimal work and they paid for my pilot schooling." He tapped one of the planes. "4 years. Joined when I was 19."

He poured another shot, this time sipping on it.

"s**t like that happen all the time?" he tilted his chin to the marks on her neck. "Zombies and s**t?"

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 pm
At some point during their time together Abbi was going to have to explain what the Renegade symbol from the Mass Effect series was, only she wasn't aware, at the moment at least, of why she would need to do that. Most likely it would be clarified during one of her drunken ramblings, but for now she just assumed Cameron knew what the references she was making with her shot glasses.

The teen sat and listened with a stillness she usually didn't possess. This wasn't the tragic backstory she figured everyone had, but it was something Abbi hadn't expected and it was pretty interesting. He'd been older than her when he'd joined a real military organization, and she wondered if he'd find her joining Deus at a young age bold or reckless.
{ That explains all the models. Good, let's go home-- }
Because he'd taken another shot, and because she was curious, the girl got back up and padded over to the desk. Instead of taking the bottle she fished out another from the basket and poured herself another drink, not taking it in favor of examining the planes. When she did finally try to communicate, she pointed at Cameron and held up two fingers on one hand and three on another, the best indication she had of guessing his age.

Thankfully the second shot goes down easier, and finding her throat starting to go the tiniest bit numb, Abbi first shook her head.
"More than I like, but not all the time." Her words come out in a croak and she laughs, wincing despite her smile. "S'always something weird around here." A finger reaches up to tap one of the planes hanging up and she watches it sway for a few seconds.
"Is Deus better, or worse?" Not having her full speech capabilities in exhausting, but at least she doesn't feel behind in the sass department. It feels strange not to have that, but Abbi doesn't find that she minds it too much. Mostly because she's already promised herself that once she gets her voice back proper she's engaging Daddy Long Legs over here in a good old fashion sass match. Ooh, maybe they could really fight and she could use all the great names she'd thought of!

Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:38 pm
He watched as she took one after another. He didn't really find the need to hinder her drinking. He wasn't her babysitter, and they were both adults. Even if she looked like she belonged in middle school.

"Figures." He added, taking another shot. What was he four in? Tipsy. That was a good feeling to be honest. It had been a long time since he had gotten tipsy. After the s**t storm that happened though, he deserved to be drunk.

"2 and 3?" he squinted and then laughed. "Yeah little red, I'm 23 now. Tickle me surprised for math?" He snorted and continued to pour shots, this time for her as well.

"Depends again." He looked at the planes, "I liked to fly - Don't touch that one -" He pointed to a larger model that was barely finished. "I liked to fly, I didn't like the rest of the work for it." He nodded.

"We didn't have kids in the airforce either." What did he like about the military? Sometimes it was just- "Normal kid growing up, didn't have to escape s**t. I just wanted to fly more."

The only movement in his spot was stretching his legs out and resting his arms on the chair, the glass hanging between his fingers.

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 pm
Not at all willing to try and keep up with his drinking, Abbi made no move back toward the glasses. He could get wasted all he wanted as long as at the end of it all he accepted her apology and wouldn't be mad at her. Sure, he was kind of a jerk but hey, all of Abbi's best friends were and she wasn't going to let another a*****e go without becoming friends with them first.
She wrinkled her nose at him when he called her 'little red', but smiled a second later because it was the best name so far. If she wasn't absolutely sure he'd make fun of her for it she'd have insisted he call her that from now on.
But wow, 23. That seemed a long way off from now, and Abbi was a little caught up in her musings over Hunter's short life spans to deny herself another drink. She did make sure to clink her glass with his before she drained it, blinking a few times too many in hopes of shutting up the angry ghost in her head.

Though she had been idly poking through the models, not really doing much beyond a gentle tap here and there, she jumped when Cameron told her not to touch one. Both her hands retreated in a flash to her her chest, and she only leaned forward a little to inspect the forbidden model before she backed off.
"M'not a kid." Abbi made a sour lemon face at him, looking at all the models one last time before she tip-toed in uneven steps back to where he was sitting.
"Lucky you." Normal seemed so unreal that she only half believed him.

Unsure where else to sit Abbi plopped herself back down on the floor, this time next to his chair, resting her unbruised shoulder against one of the chair legs.
"What's flyin' like? I uh--" Talking was easier but she was pretty tipsy and had to take her time with her words. "Didn't fly much... Only once or twice... Planes not as bad as cars." That last part was a little bit more toward the mumbly side, but Abbi craned back and looked up at Cameron with an expectant expression as though she had only asked what it was like to pilot.

Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:33 pm
"I know." Cameron sighed, "You just look like one. Can't count kids on the island." He had seen much younger in the airforce and the navy and far worse places. He didn't really care honestly where she came from, why she left her nest.

She was here and that was all that mattered. Here was their home now. He just needed to adjust to the ******** that was Deus.

"Stop sitting on the ******** floor." Cameron barked, shooting he thought, the last shot of the bottle back. He felt that nice looseness that was alcohol. It was a good thing it was vodka and not darker. Whiskey and Bourbon made him meaner, angerier. Beer did jack s**t and vodka? Loose and horny.

He wondered if Claude would make it back in time for that.

"The bed is gonna be slept in Abbi, it's not like a ******** jewel of the room." he scoffed. "Flying-" He stopped, and fell silent. Flying.

Being up in the sky, looking down in the earth. The smell of oxygen, purer then the smog down on the ground. The crystal blue and white puffs of clouds. Flying was....

"Life." He sighed. "It was my life."

AyeAvast

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 pm
At least he was finally admitting she wasn't a kid!
"Looking young isn't so bad." Sure, it helped that she really was pretty young but at least it would mean she'd age well... Assuming she got the chance to age properly.

Surprised by his shouting, Abbi scrambled up onto her feet and wobbled there for a second before she huffed.
"The floor is great, and like--" She pouted at the bed before she turned the frown to Cameron. "I'm a Virgo, and my bed isn't that nice. I can't ruin it." So she would just... Stand around. And drink. Sure, great idea.

All her indignation melts quickly when he speaks and Abbi doesn't move, looking at the floor after it goes quiet. Nothing feels like life here, nothing ever did, and maybe nothing will.
"Why'd you leave?" Maybe there was a way to convince Deus that planes were important, not that Abbi really knew how to go about that. But she was just meddlesome to at least entertain the idea.

pixie nyxie

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces