Msafiri was NOT at all sure about this. It wasn't that she didn't respect the gods—she very well did, especially the one that lived atop their mountain. But this one wasn't that one, and fascinating as he was, he was still an outsider. He'd led another lion to them, one that thankfully seemed simple in mind, and more, eager to stay with them rather than return to the world outside the desert. The god would have no such compulsions, she was sure.

That meant that there was a chance he'd tell people about them. That alone wasn't such a terrible thing. They'd be long gone from this rest place by the time he returned. But he'd found them before, and could probably do it again. She'd have to have the shepherds be extra careful over the next moons. Maybe try to see if any of the pride's birds would be nesting. Air-born scouts were always useful.

"So..." She left her perch atop a rock to saunter down beside the larger, distressingly ablaze lion-god. "Do you think you'll stay very long? I'm afraid the pride means to move on tomorrow or the next day."

Finding the pride had been no easy feat, even with the advantage of scouting ahead through flight. It had taken a few days for Daima and his traveling companion to finally catch up to the roaming pride, and although they'd been welcomed warmly, he knew well enough to figure out when something was up. Not everyone seemed to trust his good intentions. He could hardly say he blamed them, though. Not all gods were as genuine as he was.

So he hardly shifted as Msafiri approached him, regarding her steadily from where he'd settled himself in the sand. She was an interesting on, that was for sure. But somehow he doubted she'd take kindly to flirtation, so he opted instead to use a little restraint.

"Oh, I was thinking of staying the night at least. Although perhaps I might see you to your next destination before I depart."

Msafiri tried not to let her face show just what she thought about that idea. He was a god, after all, and there was little they could actually do to get rid of him. "Oh if you left before the morning everyone would be very disappointed! It is tradition, you see, to halt the journey and feast with guests when they come to call." That was true, and was how they treated anyone who came upon them, be they feline or canine, mortal or, apparently, immortal.

"I'm afraid you misunderstand. We do not typically move from one spot to another, stopping and starting and stopping. There is no 'next destination'. Not really. Aside from each time we bed down to sleep, or on a feast night, the pride does not stop. You would be with us for a very long time indeed, or just a day, depending on how you took it."

At the very least, Daima had the decency to look appropriately bashful at the correction. It wasn't very often that he was so soundly corrected, and were he another god he might have even faltered at the situation. But instead he nodded rather smoothly, flashing the lioness a quick smile.

"Well, in that case, I suppose I'll stay for your feast and depart sometime tomorrow. Perhaps in the morning, perhaps after a day's travel with everyone." He could do either one quite easily, depending on how the pride felt about it. He certainly didn't want to impose himself upon them any longer than necessary.

The lioness felt some satisfaction (and a bit of that perhaps she'd been too harsh wit hthe god) when he seemed to understand. Their pride was like none other in the world as far as she knew. It made sense that even a worldly being like him wouldn't understand. "you're welcome to walk along with us for the morning songs, but after that might be good. You're the first visitor we've had in moons and seasons—there will be ample talk of you in those to come."

Were he mortal she'd invite him to stay, or perhaps to come back one day. After a second visit though most rogues were encouraged to stay. It wasn't quite the same thing for gods though. Her duty was to the pride, and that meant finding a way to move him along while also not inviting his anger. Surely if that happened their Goddess Atop the Mountain would save them...she hoped. Still, best not to risk it. "I hope you don't mind lizard. A few hunters got some little desert gazelles, but a lot of what we eat isn't typical to those strange flat grassy places."

The change in attitude was welcome, however subtle it might have been. Daima was certain there was still some wariness on Msafiri's part, but he could work past that over the course of the night. A feast was an excellent way to get to know someone, and hopefully the group could come to trust him at least somewhat during the celebration.

He dipped his head respectfully, getting to his paws and lazily stretching out his back legs. After such a long time walking, they were stiffening up too easily once he was stationary. "Whatever you have to spare is fine by me. Technically speaking, gods don't actually need to eat. Belief in our domain is what sustains us. But that doesn't mean we don't like to indulge in physical pleasures every so often."

He paused to flash the lioness a flirtatious look, the innuendo clear. But he pressed the topic no further, and let it drop just as easily, instead changing the subject. "Would it be alright for me to return every so often? I wouldn't want to step on any toes, but I do rather enjoy the occasional celebration." He paused briefly, shuffling his wings and settling his feathers back in place. "Not too often, of course. I wouldn't want to put a strain on your hospitality."

Well that was at least something. He didn't seem the malicious type at least. His flirtatious overture was nearly missed; Msafiri was more or less unapproachable to her own pride. Not that no one would have her, but her duty was to the pride as a whole, and she'd never really made herself open to such advances. As such, she wasn't entirely sure how to handle it. Maybe just let it go, since he didn't seem to be pressing a suit. She shifted a bit, glad when the conversation moved on. His attention wasn't unwelcome, she was just...unused to it.

"Most mortals cannot find us again once we move on. You have an advantage there. Those that do return are usually bid stay, especially if it has not been too long. Perhaps if you were to admit to the pride that you do not need food, then you would...be welcome more often. Though in those cases we would simply continue with the day's walk. You'd be welcome to walk with us for a bit, and relax among us when we stop naturally." It would be a bit of a compromise. It wasn't barring him entry, but it would also keep the pride from having to spend valued water or food or time.

It was a pleasant surprise to have a compromise offered so easily. He'd expected to have to convince her of his good intentions over the night, gradually wearing her down until she admitted maybe he wasn't that bad. He froze rather suddenly at the offer, before letting out a surprisingly booming laugh. It was entirely without warning, and would likely startle anyone who wasn't entirely at ease around him just yet.

"That sounds like a fine compromise! I'd say I wouldn't mind staying if pressed, but I'm afraid that might be a lie." His expression softened somewhat, and he turned to glance towards the setting sun. It lit up the desert beautifully, casting the sands in gold and red and making them shimmer in the light. "I'm afraid I'm rather prone to wandering. And I have children all over that I rather like to check up on, when I can. Even if they may not need me watching over them anymore, a father still worries."

Ahh, now that she could understand. Msaf hadn't had cubs of her own yet, but she often thought of the pride as a whole as her family of sorts. She worried after every member, especially the young ones that left for their personal journeys. The ones that never came back. She would always worry about them. His laugh had alarmed her, making her body tense and her eyes narrow, the breeze whipping her scarf about almost like an angry tail, but she settled soon enough, her own reply of a huff close enough to laughter.

"I suppose then that is all I can ask. As long as you are no burden on my people, and lead none with ill intent our way, then we will have an accord. Though I suppose if you were to find more like that one you led in today, they would be welcome. Nenam says she sees potential in him, for all his...oddities. He'll be well cared for here, given he can keep up. More like him, they would not be a burden to us."

"I think I can manage that. And if I do find anyone else I feel could find a good home here, I'll be sure to point them in your direction." It would be simple enough. Perhaps he could even make a point of it, guiding those who might join to the pride rather than leaving them to wander aimlessly in the desert. Well, when he was in the area of course. He certainly couldn't make it his entire life, but he could make a point to do it when he had the time and had found someone he felt would mesh nicely with the group.

After a long moment he shifted slightly, stretching his wing around and delicately biting into the flames that flickered at its edge. A quick tug and the fire had formed into an immaculate feather the color of flames - a token imbued with a small portion of his power. "In exchange for your hospitality, I'd like you to have this. If you ever have need of me for any reason, you need only focus your thoughts on it. I will feel the pull no matter the distance, and will answer it as quickly as I am able."