Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis." (OOC) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in joining this fantabulous roleplay?
  OH YEAH!!!!!
  OH NO!!!!!
  OH MAYBE!!!!!
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 am
So, this is kind of a start up idea I've had. Been a long time since I was last on, still dealing with school and such (it's coming along rather nicely now though), but I figure I might need something to write in my down time that isn't a political rant....

So instead I'm doing a political roleplay! xd Now, before you write this off, let me try to pique your interest first. It will be action oriented, I will most likely allow "powers" (though please don't go over board), and my main goal with this whole thing is to make a truly engaging plot that, I hope, in the end will make you question your values, morals, and political beliefs.

For me, killing off characters for an emotional punch is getting a bit gimmicky. I enjoyed the torture aspect in Mazey, Hazey, Crazy, but that story was literally revolving around a complete psychopath. With this, I want to get at people emotionally in more subtle ways, give their choices and actions real consequences, make them challenge firmly established "moral" political views.

In other words, I'm looking to explore some grey areas, and not that kind where a character is a "neutral, apathetic loner". You can be that if you want, but I want to push the bounds of good and evil into each other, and look at what the world really looks like when we take off the rose colored glasses.

Forewarning, I do have my own political biases, and they will undoubtedly show up in this roleplay, but I'm going to try and guide things along with as little bias as possible. If you're willing to think deep like me, then this just may be a roleplay for you. And if not? Well there's action to be sure, and romance is almost certain to follow along. Whether your characters throw themselves into the maelstrom which will encompass the Earth in this story, or you just watch the world burn or flourish from the sidelines, this roleplay may just have a place for you.

But enough flowery exposition, let's get to the plot!

Well... I unfortunately don't have much yet. XD But I have a general idea of where I'm going. The setting is our version of Earth, probably in the nearish future (say 2020's or so). Technology won't be hugely different, though I'll let you throw in a few things for fun if I can see it making sense.

The plot itself essentially is mirroring the issues the world faces today, only taken further. The rebirth of nationalism and militarism in Russia, China, and a few of their allies has pushed the world to the brink of a third world war. Corporations and a poor economic situation have pushed the already impoverished further into poverty, dragging more people down who hadn't been poor before as well.

Rioting, terrorism, disease, death. It's a glorious time to be alive, isn't it? Not everyone thinks so. Your characters will throw in their lots with one group or another in this story, but who knows, allegiances may change. It's hard to fight for a flag that doesn't fight for you. Question isn't so much who you're willing to fight for at this rate, more who you're willing to fight.

Well, I'm being intentionally vague, sorry! I like to leave a few surprises for later though. wink If you think you're interested in something like this, PM me. I might not get back to you immediately (sorry if I don't!), but I will try to get back to you within a few days. If there is significant enough interest, I could have an rp up and running very quick. But I want people who are willing to commit to this. I don't expect you to post every day, and if you can't, we can work as a group to figure out a schedule for what days work best for us all! But I don't want people getting involved if they think they might get bored. It's nothing against anyone, but this guild has had TOO MANY roleplays die, I don't want to have to cut characters out 20 pages into a roleplay.

Well, before I ramble on any more, I think that's all that can be said! Post here if you have any ideas, and I hope to see some interested folks here when I check back! Speaking of that, if you are interested, please post here and/or vote in the poll, I like to know how many people are interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:48 pm
Well I guess I'm going to have to say bump. If you're reading this, even if you aren't interested, please vote so that I know people are actually reading this. xd I like knowing where interest levels are at, so it'd be a big favor to me!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:03 pm
Can't say I've seen too many political RP's on here... Already interested. *goes to read more details*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:07 pm
Phoenix347
Can't say I've seen too many political RP's on here... Already interested. *goes to read more details*

I'm glad to hear it! Like I say, it'll be action oriented too, but I want to make politics kind of the driving force here. Most roleplays end up being about monsters, demons, vampire and werewolves, and usually boil down to one bad guy. But I want this to be complex, and I want to try and have fewer straight forward answers to things.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:23 pm
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347

I'm glad to hear it! Like I say, it'll be action oriented too, but I want to make politics kind of the driving force here. Most roleplays end up being about monsters, demons, vampire and werewolves, and usually boil down to one bad guy. But I want this to be complex, and I want to try and have fewer straight forward answers to things.

If it starts up I'd probably join as one of the politician type characters. A couple of characters I run in one RP are more politicians then they are fighters like the soldiers they lead.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347

If it starts up I'd probably join as one of the politician type characters. A couple of characters I run in one RP are more politicians then they are fighters like the soldiers they lead.

I think I can live with that! We'd want to find ways of getting you in as much contact with other characters as possible though, so we can gab about what roles your character could fill!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:13 pm
So, some info on technology. At this point in time, we're assuming robotics have improved considerably (not to the point we have robots walking around, but to the point that machinery and such can move much more fluidly, more like a human being or animal), as has green energy technology (despite the ever powerful oil industries) and military weaponry. We're not looking at laser guns or anything like that yet, but the methods of killing have definitely improved.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 pm
Username:
Name:
Race/Nationality/Species: (Talk to me if your character isn't a human.)
Orientation:
Personality:

Rank: (If in a political, military, social, or financial)
Education:

Factions: (we'll work on this later, it'll focus on nations or political groups you are loyal to, allied to, etc.)

Religion/Philosophy: (Lack of religion, ie. Atheist or agnostic, is also accepted here.)
Political Ideals: (This covers a lack of them as well. It also covers your feelings towards whatever nation or political group you support, which means this is where you can talk about your character's nationalism, or lack of it.)

Biography:

Skills: (The stuff you're good at. This could be cooking, fighting, driving, or even something more brainy like chemistry if you like.)

Transportation: (trains, planes and automobiles. If you're higher up like a politician or something, this opens up more doors to what's available to you.)
Home: (Your house, city, and country you live in.)

Weapons:
Clothing: (Don't want to spoil too much, but armor might be included in this as well. wink )
Powers: (We'll have to discuss this more.)

Picture: (Of your character)
Theme Song: (Also optional?)

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:16 pm
Lord Sithious
Username:
Name:
Race/Nationality/Species: (Talk to me if your character isn't a human.)
Orientation:
Personality:

Rank: (If in a political, military, social, or financial)
Education:

Factions: (we'll work on this later, it'll focus on nations or political groups you are loyal to, allied to, etc.)

Religion/Philosophy: (Lack of religion, ie. Atheist or agnostic, is also accepted here.)
Political Ideals: (This covers a lack of them as well. It also covers your feelings towards whatever nation or political group you support, which means this is where you can talk about your character's nationalism, or lack of it.)

Biography:

Skills: (The stuff you're good at. This could be cooking, fighting, driving, or even something more brainy like chemistry if you like.)

Transportation: (trains, planes and automobiles. If you're higher up like a politician or something, this opens up more doors to what's available to you.)
Home: (Your house, city, and country you live in.)

Weapons:
Clothing: (Don't want to spoil too much, but armor might be included in this as well. wink )
Powers: (We'll have to discuss this more.)

Picture: (Of your character)
Theme Song: (Also optional?)

My thoughts/input:
Species: In 2020 I don't think we would have multiple new species unless it's a more fantasy history.
Religion- I wouldn't think this would be essentially important unless one or two factions have a huge religion they're focused on. Philosophy is much more understandable though.
Transportation: More for civilians I'd say. Otherwise it'd come and go depending on position.
Powers- Still understandable, but hopefully not magic stuffs. I say nanites ftw!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:34 pm
Phoenix347

My thoughts/input:
Species: In 2020 I don't think we would have multiple new species unless it's a more fantasy history.
Religion- I wouldn't think this would be essentially important unless one or two factions have a huge religion they're focused on. Philosophy is much more understandable though.
Transportation: More for civilians I'd say. Otherwise it'd come and go depending on position.
Powers- Still understandable, but hopefully not magic stuffs. I say nanites ftw!

I might have some other species if we're going on a semi-historical basis, stuff like vampires and werewolves I may accept, but we can all debate that issue first before I give any final decisions on it.

Religious beliefs can be important for each character, depending on how they feel about it. I include it so I can allow for as much character detail as possible.

You do have a good point on transportation, but I still think it might be important for some characters, we'll see.

Again, I'll let people debate this a bit and we can see where to go from there. If I choose to be less accurate to real life, but not quite as far off as magic, I might use genetic modification as a source for powers and such (as well as body mods through robotics and such).

Thanks for the input though, I do appreciate this. I want to be inclusive, but at the same time realistic. Debating it with the other potential roleplayers will help to smooth out the details better.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:09 pm
I might want in on this. I would need more information/plot in order to be sure though. I very much like the idea of exploring grey areas more though, showing life as it really is in that respect. Sometimes it's hard to tell right from wrong and every villain thinks he's a hero in his own mind. Count me as interested.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 pm
Xelyn_X13
I might want in on this. I would need more information/plot in order to be sure though. I very much like the idea of exploring grey areas more though, showing life as it really is in that respect. Sometimes it's hard to tell right from wrong and every villain thinks he's a hero in his own mind. Count me as interested.

Well, I'm still needing to fill out more of the plot points and figuring out how I want all the characters involved, but I'm glad to hear you're interested! Yes, the grey areas in life are something we don't touch on enough on Gaia, so I'm looking forward to exploring more of it! If you have any ideas for the plot, please let me know! Anything you guys can bring to the table will definitely be considered! biggrin  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:38 pm
Ayyyyyy you're back from the grave. Colour me interested, though not sure how much help I'd be coming up with plot.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:47 pm
Just a work in progress profile to make for a character I'll be making, who may or may not be quite important to the story.

Username: Lord Sithious
Name: Vincent Roberts
Race/Nationality/Species: British and French heritage, born in Canada, moved to and currently living in the UK, human.
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Like any person, varied. Typically though, he's quite talkative, showing his strong devotion to politics. He can go into quite the rants when he gets passionate about a topic, but on stage he keeps his talking more concise. Humorous sometimes, charismatic, and passionate are the things people usually see, but there is a side to everyone that few people see, and that's a side he's let very few people see.

Rank: Party leader of the NSCP (New Social Credit Party), and the President of his two businesses, British Overseas and National Development Industries, and it's subsidiary, the Britannia Private Military Company.
Occupation: Major global political figure, business owner, controversial figure.
Education: Highschool education in Canada, a bit of post-secondary education in Political Sciences, Economics, and Business Administration. Learned much about politics from the time he was 14 or 15 by debating online, learned more about military tactics when he started his PMC and hired on ex-military figures to help with administrating it.

Factions: The New Social Credit Party and both of his businesses. Outside of the circles he's made, he has little affiliation with anyone else. Fancies himself as a bit of a political lone wolf.

Religion/Philosophy: Christian of the non-denominational variety. Believes very much in the ideals of "loving thy neighbor" and has publicly denounced the ideas of forcing Christian morals on other people. To this end, he's supported gay marriage and adoption, among other things.

Political Ideals: Much like his religious beliefs. However, his economic beliefs are quite unique as well. His view is to use tax money to fund new businesses (and small businesses) to help them grow and become more prosperous, and also to help them employ more people and pay higher wages. A staunch internationalist, promoting ideals of cooperation and the elimination of racism and nationalism. Despite his pride in Britain, he puts his values of helping all humanity first. However, it should be noted that in contrast to his desire to help people attain better lives, he's also proven to be considerably militaristic as well. He's garnered much controversy by sending troops from his PMC into conflicts that the UN and other countries have condemned him for (many UN nations have banned mercenary companies, and some of the countries this PMC has been active in were among those that have). With that said though, his PMC has met great success in putting down a number of terrorist groups and tyrannical governments, and and has seen equal success with maintaining peace in these countries. Despite technically being a "mercenary company", they act more like a large scale vigilante group in practice. Instead of contracting their troops, the company pays all soldiers an hourly wage, and has often times sent troops into conflicts they were not asked to join. This has resulted in them warring both against rebel groups and governments, sometimes at the same time, which some UN members have claimed is the company attempting to take over these countries for themselves. Roberts' companies have helped to fund clean water, farming, and infrastructure projects in many of the countries that have been militarily involved in, and in some countries they haven't been. These projects have met with a great deal of success, some would say more far reaching than what most charities have accomplished. But, it's also been noted that much of the funding for this comes out of Roberts' company's themselves, which some view as an expensive business practice.

Biography: Vincent was born in British Columbia, Canada. He had only sisters, a mother, and an abusive father. His father left when before he turned 12, but that wasn't the last Vincent would see. The next years of his life were fraught with custody battles, the loss of his family home, and years of what most people would have considered poverty. He always wanted to be a hero, but when he was about 14 or 15, he discovered that probably the best way to make a difference in this world was through politics. Early on he was a supporter of the British Conservative party (despite living in Canada), and part of his more right wing beliefs came from his grandfather (a business owner himself). But as years went on, Vincent started to become more aware of his own poverty, and the poverty of those far worse off than himself. Plans began to form for how much better he thought he could make the world, but something stopped him one day. It was the realization that no matter what he did, what good he achieved, in the world of democracy, anything he did could be undone. He knew things would have to be made different, and it seemed the only way to do this was to be like Caesar and cross the Rubicon. The years went on and he went to university. In the beginning of his first year, there was an election going on. He didn't like any of the big three parties, and he didn't like their platforms, especially the disregard it seemed people had for poverty and child abuse. So signs and posters started popping up around different parts of BC, with the words "Don't Bother Voting" on them. A few weeks later, he held a rally outlining why voting wouldn't make a difference, how the only way to make change was to stand up and speak. And nothing spoke more powerfully than silence. That election had one of the lowest voter turn outs in history. As time went on, Vincent learned more about business administration, and started to look for financial supporters for a company he wanted to start. Their goal was to focus on green technology, military technology, and quality consumer goods. When the business started to take off, things went well. They sold millions of phones that didn't break every time you dropped them, laptops that could last 10 years, virus software that was cheap and efficient, and electric cars that ran as good as a gas powered cars. Things went well, and that's when they turned their sights to business acquisitions. They took over British Aerospace, a number of PMC's, and started building their own private military bases in a number of countries (including Egypt and Singapore). Before their eyes, they watched the business go from perhaps 300 army personnel to almost 3 million now. They took part in a conflict in the Middle East to wipe out a terrorist group similar to ISIS, they went deep into Africa to wipe out Boko Haram, and when Pro-Russian "Dissidents" tried to occupy new areas in Ukraine, they pushed them back, and even reclaimed a bit of old Ukrainian territory (lost since the mid 2010's). The company was being praised by some, vilified by others, and all the while Vincent was building up his political party in every country he could, all across Europe, in Canada, Japan, South Korea, a number of African countries, even India. His party hasn't won an election yet, and some are unsure he can due to his age, but he's shown himself to be a capable leader, and times are quickly changing. Will this be the year of change he's waited for his whole life?

Skills: Good public speaking skills, has managed to both entertain his audiences while talking politics with them. Also has proven to be adept at running his businesses (with some advice no doubt), but also has shown himself to be capable with tactics and military planning with his company (again, no doubt still taking some advice). Capable firearm user and has skills with swordsmanship, a pass time he quite enjoys. Also is a relatively capable actor as well, though has only done stage acting (may even prefer it).

Transportation: Has always had a strong affection for Aston Martins. As a result, he owns an old Aston Martin One-77, as well as a David Brown Speedback GT (a homage to the DB5 from a separate company).
Home: A town house type home in London, as well as a manor estate in British Columbia, Canada.

Likes: Britain, Earl Grey Tea, history, Spring, rain, kids, politics, guns, swords, reading, his expensive tastes, and women (much more than most people think).
Dislikes: Child abuse, rapists, filibuster (google it), and whatever he views as "inefficiency". Also dislikes drugs, alcohol, and tobacco (has never actually used drugs or tobacco, and has never gotten drunk, even as a teen) and has sworn himself off of all three.

Weapons: Technically not legal for him to own, in Britain at least. Does have a large collection of weapons it's said, though no one has any idea where. It's said he favors Walther's above most other pistols though, and that he has a collection of a variety of different swords as well (from cavalry sabres to katanas).
Clothing: Fine suits, especially his favorite grey ones. Also has been known to wear a black leather jacket, black jeans, and a polo shirt (or dress shirt) as something more casual.
Powers: Of persuasion, that is about the extent of it. Not a genius by most conventional definitions (science, math, etc.), but his keen sense of "problem solving" with political issues and his ability to charm certainly can be called his powerful qualities.

Picture: User Image
(Tried my best to make him look 27 when I edited this pic, wasn't easy though. XD Also, please ignore the cyan zebra pattern, he does not wear clothes like that.)

Theme Song: The Man Who Makes History
Links 2 3 4
(Yes, I have two, because it isn't enough to have less than a soundtrack! xp )

Still more to add, and I'm probably going to edit this, but I figured I'd post this, as sort of some information for people to take in and maybe work around with their characters.

Edit: Added a bit more, not sure if it's too much, let me know what you guys think!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:49 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Ayyyyyy you're back from the grave. Colour me interested, though not sure how much help I'd be coming up with plot.

I'm like Mannimarco from TES, I ALWAYS come back! xd I'm glad you're interested though! If you're not sure about plot, you can at least maybe give some input on things you think fit or don't fit with the roleplay.  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff