HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
(FIN) Fight in the Marketplace (Dyakida and Kaalnia) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
DraconicFeline rolled 1 100-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-100)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:13 am
Kaalnia loved the Andile market, and she loved it more and more every time she went there. Mainly because there was more stuff offered each and every time. With each new land that was discovered, came new and exotic items and if there was anything Kaalnia liked it was things that were new and exotic.

She wandered the market, keeping an eye out for a present for Kiunyki as she did, and hitting on anybody who looked open to a greeting. Today promised to be a good day, and Kaalnia was determined to enjoy it.

DraconicFeline rolled 1 100-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:15 am
Dyakida loved the Andile market for different reasons. Although a weapon was a very personal thing and many Alkidike had their weapon custom-made, some did not have the means or an idea about their weapon. Others simply had no idea what they wanted. Still others had lost a weapon or wanted a training weapon. Or, a backup weapon. Or their own weapon, repaired or improved.

Dyakida was there for them all, her weapon stall full of glittering examples of her craft. Save for Peyla, who was ever watchful of what her Alkidike was given in trade, Dyakida managed her stall alone today. She no longer worried about her stall when she was alone – Peyla made for a set of adequate eyes, and she did not feel alone amidst the chattering crowd. She was also safe – a respected weaponcrafter of her tribe, well known in the main settlements. Her guard was her tribe, here – no Oban brigand could hurt her.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm
((Lol Fail))

Kaalnia delighted in the stalls, buying an Oban-style stick of cooked meat – it's delicious and unusual smell calling customers from all around to lunch – to eat. She chewed on it's soft and flavorful meatiness and the smoky vegetables that accompanied it, observing every stall she passed.

Finally, she spotted a familiar face. Her face – a little sauce-stained – broke into a big grin. ”Oi! Kida!” she called, making a beeline for the weapons stall.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:37 pm
Dyakida managed not to grimace as the very familiar and loud voice called her name. Instead, she smiled. ”Kaalnia!” she greeted, as Peyla chimed and flew over to inspect Kaalnia for suitable treats, ”It is a beautiful day for the market, isn't it?”

And it was. There were no torrential downpours or rampant scorra – only the soft warmth of tree-filtered sunlight and the smell of her customer's sweat. ”Are you here for yourself, or for little Kiunyki?”

Yes, Kiki. That wonder of wonders. How Kaalnia had managed to convince Aisha that she was fit to be a mother, Dyakida had no idea, but clearly it had worked out well. From what she heard, Kiki was growing up to be a fine young girl and Kaalnia... Well, Kaalnia had apparently become a fine mother to go with it.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:46 pm
”Yeah, I'll pick one up for her before I go home. Haven't found anything that caught my eye yet, though.” Kaalnia said. The weapons stall wasn't the best place to buy a present for Kiki – the girl was too young to be playing with weapons and Kaalnia didn't know which one she'd want anyway. ”How's business, Kida? Going well? Getting lots of commissions?” She peered into Dyakida's till, nodding appreciatively at the various items that Dyakida had traded her weapons for. If that was today's take, then Dyakida was doing very well. ”Say, what goes faster? Arrows or throwing daggers?”  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:05 pm
”Arrows.” replied Dyakida, ”And it is going well, thank you.” She thought for a moment. ”Please let me know if Kiunyki decides on a weapon – I would be honored to make something for her, whatever it happens to be.”

A pair of young hybrids walked up, clearly siblings from the nearly identical bronze glow of their skin beneath their markings and the nearly identical shade of green in their clearly Aisha-gifted eyes. Peyla flew over as they approached, intrigued.

The twins were about as intrigued by the sprite, reaching out to touch her gently. She chimed at the attention, darting coyly away.

”Can I help you?” Dyakida asked, knowing her companion well enough to divine the presence of customers.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:43 am
Kaalnia smirked flirtaciously at the twins, noting that one was a very attractive female. ”Hey there.” she greeted them, moving out of the way of their shopping and displaying herself as conspicuously as possible. They were a little too young for her, but she could still make their day with complements, even if she wouldn't date them. She glanced quickly behind them, just to check for trouble.

Trouble seemed to follow hybrids around a lot these days, poor bastards.

Seeing none, she turned her attention to the shoppers.

The hybrids glanced at Kaalnia warily, and then moved closer to lean against the counter. “You sell weapons, right miss?” one of them, a male, said.
“We'd like to buy them.” Said the female, “A... spear and a staff.”
“Would you sell them to us?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:24 am
Dyakida contemplated, briefly her stock. Yes, she had a few magic staves in the back. It had taken her years to make them, since she had so few chances for practice, but she was proud to have finally added them to her repertoire. ”Yes, of course.” she said, standing to retrieve the staves and picking out a few spears, ”Please, take your time picking one.” the choice of a weapon was, after all, very important.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:25 am
A staff, huh. So one was a mage or something? Kaalnia thought that was neat, if a risky choice for a hybrid living with the tribe. Throwing magic around if you weren't a Mystic or a Sacred Heart was frowned upon as untraditional or, worse, traitorous. Why bother living with the Alkidikes, some thought, if you aren't going to take their path? Kaalnia didn't care, personally – she was of the opinion that people should do what made them happy. After all, life was too short to stress over silly things like that.

”Ooo!” she exclaimed, as Dyakida set out the selection of weapons on the soft light-blue cloth of her counter, ”Those are some nice weapons! I didn't know you did magic stuff, 'Kida!”

The twins glanced at Kaalnia uncomfortably, moving closer together for protection and comfort as they nervously inspected the weapons. Finally, they each selected a weapon. “These.” they said, almost in unison. The male brought out a few items, sifting through them until he found some fairly valuable things. “Is this offering enough?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:26 am
”Take your time.” Dyakida reassured them again, listening to the clinking sounds as the weapons on the counter moved. ”I do a little, here and there. There isn't much demand for it, but I wanted to extend my craft to the magical items.” To serve the minority of magic users in her tribe and to sell her merchandise to earthlings, of course. But, also, for the sake of crafting them. ”So, I did. These have been tested and they work very well.” she assured the Hybrids.

She felt for the items, inspecting them with her hands, Peyla joining her to inspect with her keen eyes. Peyla, unfortunately, could easily be sidetracked by bright, shiny colors, but between her sprite's eyes and her own hands, she made good estimates. And sisters rarely cheated her.

”Yes.” she said, accepting their offerings, ”Thank you for your purchase.” she said, putting the items away.

The hybrids, who had apparently not figured out that she was blind yet, bowed respectfully and left with their weapons. But there were eyes watching them, cold and unkind, and those eyes also now watched Dyakida's stall...  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:27 am
”Well, that's neat...” said Kaalnia, waving as the two hybrids left, ”I always knew you were talented, 'Kida, but you never cease to amaze me...” she grinned. ”... With your beauty.”

A young Alkidike broke off from her group of unpleasant youngsters, striding over to Dyakida's stall. “So. Weaponsmith. You sell outside the tribe now?”

Kaalnia was shoved aside briefly by the young lout. ”Oi, watch your step...”

The young alkidike ignored Kaalnia, glaring into Dyakida's sightless face. “You know what that makes you? Just shy of a traitor.”

”... And your mouth.” Said Kaalnia, her good mood waning fast. ”Kid, apologize and get your a** out of here before there's trouble.”

The girl continued to ignore her, smirking at Dyakida. “Well, crafter?” She said the word like a slur, though it was normally reserved for the oldest of Elders, who had retired from the life of a warrior. “What have you to say for yourself.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:28 am
Of course Kaalnia would not pass up a chance to flatter and flirt with her. Dyakida sighed, past even ignoring Kaalnia, and brushed some of her short dredlocks out of her face, where they tickled her. She was about to settle in to put away the bartered goods when, quite rudely, there was a new voice at her stall, accusing her of being a traitor.

”Were they outside the tribe?” she asked, innocently. She knew one of them had been male, but the other had been female and for all she knew that one could have been a pureblood...

“Yes they were” said the young girl, scornfully, “Which you can't even tell, can you? My ma says its because you're a coward. That you actually can see, but pretend not to. Coward.” she said again, leaning in close enough for the fast pulse of her heated breath to brush against Dyakida's face, “And a traitor for serving hybrids. How did you get born, crafter?”

”The same way you were. So may I ask how did someone such as you get born from our kind, generous, loving mother?” Dyakida shot back, unflinching. Such accusations had been leveled at her before, and it seemed a few – a few, mind – still believed her to be a malingerer, a coward. ”I craft weapons for our tribe and, fullblood or not, male or female, any person born of our mother, Aisha, is a part of that tribe. They paid in full. The weapons are theirs.” she shoved the bartered goods in a lower shelf and, carefully, touched the hilt of her dagger. She hoped she wouldn't need to use it, not against a sister. ”That is how I see it, and whether that agrees with your view of things, girl, is not an issue for me.” she decided against the dagger, placing her hands on the counter and knitting her fingers together. She leaned in, knowing that their faces were almost touching now. ”Now. Do you have business with me, or shall I have you removed from my stall?”

Peyla shrieked as the young Alkidike's hand connected with Dyakida's face. There was a crack of bone against bone as Dyakida fell from her stool in surprise and hit the ground. “Traitor! Whore! You as much as said it! You'll make your blades for anybody!” she screamed.

The whole market was watching now, shocked. Even the young Alkidike's friends were shocked. They hadn't thought that their friend would do such a thing so abrubtly... not to a pureblood.

Dyakida hit the ground, terrified for a brief moment as she fell through the air. She grunted in a whoosh of air as she hit, but managed to sit up. A tooth rattled in her mouth, and she spat to the side, tasting blood.

”Congratulations, warrior.” she said, sneering sarcastically, ”You struck a blind, unarmed woman of your tribe.” She angled her head up, her antennae quivering, ”Do you feel strong now? Do you feel brave now?” she groped for the edge of her stall and grabbed it for support. ”Such a warrior worthy of our tribe.” she drawled, ”Get out.”

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:41 am
”You little...”

No more Nice Kaalnia. Kaalnia was pissed to the roots. After her initial horror at seeing Dyakida get struck down by some young upstart, Kaalnia sprang into action. She grabbed the young Alkidike and dragged her back before punching her hard, twice. She let the youngster – probably a blade – fall to the ground and began to take out her spear. ”You just insulted and attacked a friend of mine, you pile of radaku dung, and I ain't gonna stand for that, no ma'am. Why don't you pick on someone more your own size? Hmm? Get your blades out, girl, I'm going to kick your low-life a**.”

The young alkidike cried out as she was struck, scrambling to her feet.

“Felide, come back! Back down!”

“This isn't right, Fel, lets get out of here!”

“Come on!”

The girl ignored the imploring of her friends and glared at the older Alkidike. She put her hands to her blades, baring her teeth in a snarl. “You're defending her?! That makes you as much of a traitor as she is!” she looked Kaalnia up and down, clearly ready for a fight, “How did you and your daughter end up so different? Your daughter has sense. Your daughter knows a filthy traitor when she sees one.” she spat at Kaalnia.

”Did you just bring up my daughter?!” Kaalnia yelled. Her spear was out, now, and she didn't know what she was going to do besides something to punt this worthless dishrag down a few pegs. ”How dare you bring my daughter into this!” She took up a battle stance. ”I'll teach you to show some respect – to both your elders and your juniors!”

“Stop.” An elder stepped in, grabbing the shaft of Kaalnia's spear, “Stop.” she said again, turning to glare at the young alkidike. Felide's friends had already left the area when the Elder had arrived, and Felide tried to follow her example, when another elder came up behind her and restrained her.

“This is unacceptable behavior. Fighting within the tribe? Striking an unarmed crafter?” she pushed Kaalnia gently away and turned fully to the Blade as Kaalnia put aside. “What did you think you were doing, sprout?”

“I was protecting the Alkidike way!” growled the girl.

“By attacking a noncombatant of your own tribe.”

“She sells to hybrids! She's a traitor!”

“No she is not.” said the Elder thunderously, “You will come with us.” the restraining elder began to drag the girl away, “And we will teach you what it means to be an Alkidike... and what it means to be a coward.”

They left with the girl, leaving behind a stunned silence.

Kaalnia went behind the stall after a moment and quietly helped the Artisan back to her feet. ”Are you okay, Kida?” she asked, ”She really knocked you one...”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:45 am
Dyakida smoothed her hair back and let her tongue play around the new hole in her mouth. ”I'm fine, Kaalnia... can you find my tooth? I want to have an elder help me put it back.” such things were possible, after all. ”And... could you stay with me for the rest of the day? I'll make Kiki a present if you do...”  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:46 am
Kaalnia retrieved the tooth, placing it in Dyakida's hand. ”Yeah.” she said darkly, ”I'll stay here with you. I'll even help you home...” to keep her safe, of course.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff