Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[prp] These skills are second to none, right? (Happy&Sugar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:03 pm
Happy Endings was as cool as a cucumber and he knew it. All the girls at school knew it too. He could tell. All the popular foals flocked to him like moths to the light and he was quite confident he could win anyone over, even the new kids. The flutter scanned over his kingdom from his desk as class was starting to let out. Glory was writing the homework for the night on the chalkboard and it gave him a good chance to look for a good target while everyone was distracted.

Recently a whole family of foals had joined the class and they were just begging to be won over. The purple colt eyed them eagerly. Everyone in town knew who their mother was. Sweet Bread's bakery was practically infamous and his father was good friends with Hard Truths. This should be as easy as pie. He smiled as he looked them over. Who would be the easiest won over? The colt's eyes settled on one of the girls and his grin grew wider before he flitted out of his seat and over to her.

Yushika
Hope this is ok!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 pm
User Image Sugar Petal did not like class.

It wasn't that it was boring, or that it took too long. It had nothing to do with the fact she wasn't a social lass, or that she pretty much was the dictionary definition for awkward. No, it was more that they didn't teach anything about gardening. It seemed like such a basic concept. Everyone should know how to grow their own food! It was necessary! How did others live their life without flowers and vegetables? Sure, she only dabbled barely in growing vegetables, but she knew how.

To be fair, she was new and perhaps the lesson was upcoming. And, well, she did like her teacher quite a bit, honestly. She couldn't imagine anyone better suited to teach children. To think Sugar had been nervous the first day of school that she wouldn't like her teacher. How bizarre to think back on!

But, now was not time for pointless pondering on what lessons should be taught and her past thoughts. It was time to get her bag and rush home to her garden. Or, that had been the plan until a foal walked up to her. Brushing her brush n' grow strand from her face, the filly flicked her eyes up only to acknowledge he existed before going back to work on gathering her things. Except, suddenly, she realized he wanted something from her. Pausing, her eyes flicked back up slowly, expression monotone.

"What." It didn't even sound like a question. More like a non-committed mutter that barely recognized itself as a word. And this was the perfect example of how she was socially awkward.

cursedandwandering
It's great! Thank you!

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 pm
Yushika

"T'ch." What a rude girl. The flutter stared coldly at the filly for a moment. How dare someone treat him like that. Everyone should be thrilled to be blessed with his presence, honored that he was giving them any attention. Definitely not this. The colt grit his teeth, struggling to resist the urge to tell this girl off. Didn't she know she was messing with the most popular colt in class? Happy gave a small snort, tossing his head as he tried to play it off like he was just blowing his curls out of his face and not extremely annoyed.

And just like that the fake smile was plastered wide across his face again. "Oh i just wanted to introduce myself to the cute new girl," he held out his transparent hoof, half expecting the girl to kiss it at this point if she knew what was good for her. Foals that were on his bad side likely were going to have a hard time making friends with anyone else. No one would say it, but the purple colt was known for having great gossip about all the weird phonies in class, some of which he may have made up due to his dislike of them. Some people were only weird because he deemed it so and he enjoyed having that power.

"Happy Endings. You know, i'm pretty sure our dads are friends." Like that was supposed to mean something without him actually going through the trouble of naming his father. After all, everyone should know who his parents were. His mother was half ghost after all!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:57 pm
She wasn't a fan of the sound he emitted, returning to sliding books into her bag until he decided to either speak or leave. Her eyes flicked once he suddenly grinned, trailing across his face and noticing the lack of laugh lines. Cute? Her? No, she doubted it. Her eyes flicked back to view his transparent hoof, genuinely seeming interested and extending her hoof out to shake. Still, that smile bothered her, honestly. Sure, she rarely displayed emotions, but she relied on body language to communicate and she could clearly read his face like a book. Or, at least that he wasn't having such a great time.

"Our dads are friends?" She questioned quietly, finally finishing her packing up and pulling her back onto her chair, now fully giving the other her attention. "Who is your dad?"

She lacked any ill intention by the question, genuinely unsure. "I suppose if our dads are friends then we are expected to be, too? Then you shouldn't pretend to smile. If it helps, I'm not a smiler, either." The unicorn nodded after she spoke, eyes widening briefly when she realized she had failed to introduce herself.

"Oh. I'm Sugar Petal." A soft smile crossed her feature, a honest one. She'd have to ask her dad about... whoever Happy Ending's daddy was.

cursedandwandering
Hi I'm so sorry if she's being rude. She's not used to others yet :c

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:48 pm
Yushika
XD oh psh, no. Don't worry. Happy is like extremely arrogant and gets offended by anyone just not immediately worshipping him. Long story short, he's only fake nice to people and it's just so he can get something from them. xD

Ugh. This girl was just growing more dreadful by the moment. The flutter turned his nose up, quite tempted to just move onto some other prey. He might gain better purchase with one of her siblings perhaps? The smile had quickly dropped from his face, replaced by a grimace. Clearly subtlety and tact wasn't in this filly's playbook. He should have expected so given what he'd heard of her father who didn't understand how to lie to protect the feelings of others. His father would often come home after meeting with the unicorn muttering about some new insulting nickname the red stallion had bestowed upon him.

"Mooncake." His lips pressed into a tight line as he looked over, critiquing her appearance in his head to provide him some relief. She may have had longer hair, but he was certainly better looking, he was sure of it. His ghostly hoof ran through his mane, twisting one of his curls for a moment. At this point he was quite tempted to ignore her as a form of punishment.

Instead he examined his hoof, starting to turn away from her. "It doesn't. Don't worry," the bitterness obvious in his voice. "I suppose i should just go back to where my 'fake' smiles are more welcome."

He tossed his head, curls falling across his face as he looked at her with his bright blue eyes. "Pleasure meeting you, Sugar Petal." There was some venom is his voice for sure, an unusual turn for a colt that usually kept up a mask of niceness to gain everyone's favor..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:54 pm
For a second she was dumbfounded, the smile slowly fading as he turned bitter. She pushed past her chair to approach him, head tilting to the side and causing her long lock of hair to cascade down across her shoulder.

"Did I... did I offend you?" Blinking at the male in surprise, she shook her head. What had she said wrong? Frowning, the filly leaned on a nearby desk, eying the other with a critical gaze. "I think it's sad you need to make a fake smile. I wasn't trying to be rude. I just figured it would be more rewarding if you actually acted the way you are. I'd be sad if someone liked me for someone I wasn't, Happy Endings."

Poking at the ground with one of her hooves, she tried again. Maybe she was being rude? She wasn't good at communicating, and this was her first week at school. Extending her hoof and offering a nervous but genuine smile, the filly shrugged.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm not good with my words. I wasn't trying to be mean. Please don't be upset? I don't mind if you stay, really. I wasn't trying to scare you off." Briefly, she wondered why she was trying so hard. Probably because Lavender Lemon had started a spark to want to make friends. Or, maybe because seeing Delicacy get her feelings hurt one too many times made her sensitive to others. Either way, her hoof stayed out, nervous smile present and hopeful. No use fighting with someone just because she mixed her words up, right?

cursedandwandering

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:08 pm
Yushika

Hmmm.... Now that was much better. Happy's eyes narrowed as he watched the filly try to regain his favor. She wanted him to like her, this was good. Perhaps she was one of those types that was desperate for approval. Even better if she was easily guilted, that was a sure fire way to get himself some of her mother's baked goods. The thought made the colt genuinely grin.

"Oh, no it's ok. I'll get over it. Don't worry about me." The words came with a dramatic sigh attached as the flutter hung his head. The purple boy was hamming it up and some of the foals that still lingered in the classroom were gazing over with interest.

"Just. Don't you think it's awfully cruel to accuse me of being fake when i was just trying to extend a friendly hoof? You were new so i wanted to be friendly and introduce you to the others, but..." This would teach her to call him out for faking. No one embarrassed Happy Endings. Not even if she was the daughter of his father's friend.

"Oh well," he lifted his hoof again to shake hers. "I guess we can work past it."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:44 am
Something about this boy bothered her. Especially when the others looked over and he called her actions cruel. Ah. That's what this was. This phony held some sort of "status" in this room, didn't he? Giving him a blank stare, she shook her head in response. He was being a bit dramatic, wasn't he? Maybe that was his nature, or maybe he actually had a higher ego then most if he took such offense to words she already admitted had came out wrong.

No one would guilt trip her without her sticking up for herself. Even if his father friends with her father!

"It wasn't cruel. I was trying to help you. The one being rude is you if you're going to try and humiliate me in class." She held no tone, yet her yellow eyes stared at him like steel. Oh yes, she saw through that, and her mouth tightened at the edges in frustration.

"I genuinely am sorry if I upset you, but that's no reason to be a bully." She stated firmly before scooping her bag up and making a move to pass by him. She had enough.

cursedandwandering

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:39 pm
Yushika
Do you wanna call this the end?

"I'm being a bully? Now that's a laugh," he muttered low enough so that just she could hear. A nasty glint came to his eye as he eyed her.

"Look, i just wanted to be friends. I was even going to forgive you for you're earlier transgressions, but now you're just being rude." He clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, giving a small shake of his head as he watched her pass.

She'd regret that. He'd make sure of it. People were to treat him with adoration. This sort of thing was unacceptable.

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games