Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[FIN] How To Win A Girlfriend (Giveforward x Roses in Bloom)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."--and now she wants to go off all by herself and journey to the ocean!" Giveforward exclaimed, voice filled with indignation and disbelief.

The mouse before her seemed to squeak a reply and she sighed.

"She is all grown but the ocean..." she very nearly whined the word. It was after all so far away and, from all accounts, treacherous. Surely even her sister might agree it was something to be considered carefully?

Another squeak and Giveforward nodded, a soft smile curving her mouth.

"Yes, of course. I am sorry to have kept you but thank you so much for listening!" she said as she rose from the ground. She watched as the critter scampered off (which likely had more to do with the fact the big loud goat had finally moved than anything) then sighed.

What was she going to do about her neicedaughter? She hoped someone else had a problem more easily helped than hers.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Still the search for Dawn was fruitless. Roses in Bloom knew her friend was prone to wandering, but this was just ridiculous! The demure doe was feeling all kind of lost, and well and truly needed to meet up with her best friend. Between the lingering sorrow of losing Root, and the confusion of meeting Half Truth, Rose was... well, confused, to be quite honest.

Lost in her own mind, she barely noticed the other doe. When she did, however, she was caught suddenly by her talking to... a mouse. Blinking, Rose simply sat and observed, not wanting to intrude on whatever monologue the stranger was having with the creature. It may not have been the most intelligent thing, but it certainly was nice to have someone to listen to you. She knew that all too well.

"Beg your pardon," Roses called softly, pushing through the brush to where the stranger stood. "I couldn't help but hear you chatting with your rodent friend. Having some children troubles?" She asked sweetly, smiling as demurely as possible.

"I'm a mother myself, and motherfather, I could tell you some stories. They certainly keep you on your hooves."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:59 pm
"Oh, they do. It's been much harder than I thought it would be," Giveforward admitted softly as she turned towards the lovely doe. After speaking with a mouse -- which she didn't think strange at all -- the appearance of a kimeti was quite welcome. And as sure as she was that the mouse had been as helpful and supportive as it could possibly be, a kin (a mother, as well) would know much more about raising kimeti.

"When my sister laid her sacs and asked me to raise them, I didn't realize how much there was to teach. It wasn't so bad when they were little but now," she heaved a sigh, a hoof idly scratching as the dirt ground.

"Breach, she wants to journey to the ocean. All alone," she wrinkled her nose up at the thought of it, biting down on her tongue to keep herself from spouting about the dangers of such a trek. (She had after all done many dangerous things and such a warning never stopped her.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:33 pm
"My, that does sound quite the adventure. I don't know if my old bones could handle that journey," She crooned, thinking back to her own travels. Rose had never been to the ocean- she had not ventured beyond the stretches of the swamp, too tied to its call to leave. To visit the oceans...

"I can't say I've raised any sibling's children, seeing as I have none. But I do believe you see them as your own, if I'm reading this right." She hummed gently, lulling her head to the side as she thought. "The little ones... they think they have to listen to you. It's all they know. But then, when they grow up, they're the swamp's children- not yours. And the more you fight them, the more you lose them."

Rose sighed softly, and smiled.

"Perhaps... do not push her away from her dream. If it's truly a siren song to her, she'll go regardless of your opinion. I think the best we can hope for is to offer her strength, and give her the opportunities to travel safely and with your support. That way... it won't damage your relationship."

Rose paused, and flushed in embarrassment. Apparently she had more opinions on motherhood than she'd initially believed. Still... if the doe was speaking openly with a mouse, perhaps she needed someone else's opinion.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:09 pm
The doe's ears perked as her head tilted. She didn't think the situation was that dire. Not for her and Breach. Her neicedaughter had dreamt of the a life beneath the salt waters after all; she knew she couldn't prevent her from going to the ocean. She'd merely wanted to convince the doe to take someone with her.

"That is wonderful advice, thank you," she begin, slowly and thoughtful. "I take it you speak from experience. Would you like to talk about it?" The smile she gave was open and inviting, aiming to reassure the doe.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:01 pm
"My children..." Rose laughed in amused nostalgia, recalling her own little one's foalhoods. It had been the good days- with Walking Root still around, and small foals at her hooves. When she closed her eyes, it was almost easy enough to pretend they were still there. But then Root had gone, and her other daughter with her, and--

"Oh, they were sweethearts. My son, Nothing Gold Can Stay, is a bit of a ladies' man, poetic like his father. I actually met HIS grandson recently- talk about feeling old!" She gave a derisive snort of laughter, still floored by the experience. How he had looked like her! It was the strangest feeling. "He's a sweet boy. Comes and goes to visit, takes care of me when I need some company."

Rose nodded with a smile.

"And then there's sweet Not With a Bang. She's very strong-headed, likes to take care of kin. Doesn't stand by for anything she sees as unfair." And oh, the fights they'd had in foalhood. Nonetheless, Rose found herself smiling. "She makes me happy. Tends to check on these old bones, make sure I'm alright." Then she sighed.

"I will say, it was much easier with my old.. ...With Walking Root around. She was something special." Surprisingly, there was only a twinge of sadness in her voice. Apparently, Rose was better at masking the wound than she thought.

"But you seem a good-hearted doe. I'm sure your daughter will make the smart choices on her journey."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:31 pm
She listened to the doe with rapt attention even as she felt like the doe is not quite as happy as she tries to seem. Oh.

"They're all good children and Breach is strong," Giveforward said after a time, less conscious of offspring and more concerned about the apparent loss this doe had gone through.

"It sounds like you lost someone...," she whispered, "Are you all right?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:24 pm
"Well, that's lovely! I'm glad to hear they're children you have faith in," She smiled, nodding gently towards the other doe. Rose had heard stories of kin with progeny they had no ties to, and the concept was so alien it made her shudder. To not be so close with her young as she was...

"...Ah. Not very good at disguising it, am I?" Rose asked, the genuine smile suddenly turning forced. And here she had thought she was a smidge better of an actress. The doe sighed gently to herself and turned away.

"There was... she was the love of my life. Her name was Walking Root," She began, closing her eyes wistfully. "She was... strong, forward. The most intelligent doe you've ever met. I wonder now if she felt half for me what I felt for her," Rose laughed sadly, shaking her head.

"We raised our young together, with their father- a sort of... stand-in for her, if you will. Then suddenly, one day... she was gone."

Rose swallowed uneasily.

"And I was alone. I'm hunting for the children's father, Dawn, now. It's just been... troubling. Particularly since I've suddenly had interest shown in me," She mused, her brow twitching.

"It's all a bit much for a doe to deal with."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:03 pm
If Roses in Bloom couldn't imagine a parent being unbound to its children, Giveforward could not imagine a world where she had no faith in her offspring -- her sister's offspring, well, their offspring. It would have been impossible not to. She was after all ever trustful of strangers; it took no great feat to believe in the three her sister had born.

"Oh, it's not that," she rushed to correct. "It's just that my whole purpose is to give. It'd be very poor of me not to recognize sadness of any degree. I'd be quite terrible at helping if I couldn't notice a kin in need." She hoped that softened the doe's disappointment at being found out. (Then again every kin was in need and it may have been as simple as the doe's tail drooped a smidge too low...)

She frowned as the doe turned from her but kept her place. This was clearly a painful memory and time. She perked her ears forward to better hear as the doe began to speak.

"That's terribly sad," she began even as she felt it was terribly cruel, too. She wouldn't say it, was sure it had been thought of even if only in the briefest of moments, for it was not her place. "That must have been awful -- the second worse feeling in the world -- to find your love disappeared," she paused, let out a breath, "but, it may be that she was your first love. She may have her own journey that she must travel alone and perhaps in time she will find you again. Or it may be that your journeys won't ever cross but that shouldn't ever take away from the time you did have together." Goodness that was a lot of words.

Giveforward flushed, tinges of pink peeking out from beneath her fur, "I mean to say, I think it's wise not to try to find her and that you shouldn't be opposed to forming new friendships at least. It doesn't have to be more than that."  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:23 pm
"Oh, that makes sense. What a grand life purpose," Rose agreed, delighted by the discovery in the other doe's purpose. She was still herself attempting to work out what her purpose was- she had believed, for a time, it was to be with her Root. But now... perhaps that was part of it. Perhaps Rose was not only lost in a relationship, but in a purpose of what she was doing with her life. Looking at it that way, it made more sense. And in a way... it was sort of soothing, knowing that that was the problem eating at her heart.

"It's very kind of you to do so, by the way," She added, hoping it was clear that despite her sadness, she did not take the doe for granted.

When Giveforward spoke, Rose turned back to give the other her full and rapt attention. To consider Root her first love, instead of her true love... it was a line of thought she had not considered. Her name did, after all, entail Walking. Perhaps... perhaps it was never meant to be. A Walking Root could wander, but blooming roses... tended not to waver.

"Believe it or not, that's a very refreshing way to think of it. I hadn't considered such things," Rose sniffled a bit, smiling brightly at Giveforward. It was a nice contrast to the rather bitter thoughts she'd been considering on the subject.

"And I will admit, between us does, the girl I met was... rather charming."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:35 pm
A soft pop of laughter fluttered from her mouth, "That's refreshing to hear. Most kin give me the most difficult tasks when they find I want to help. It's always so hard to get lost on purpose." Indeed it was a relief to hear someone who seemed open to her purpose and thought it good, useful, kind. She liked this doe.

"I am glad you think so," she grinned back. It grew as Rose in Bloom spoke of the doe that was interested in her -- and Lamb thought, her new friend, might be a little interested back. "Charm is a very nice quality! Do you think you'll see her again?"

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:56 pm
Roses smiled brightly at the laughter, finding the doe's good humor infectious. While sometimes the melancholy that Dawn let her indulge was nice, it was... refreshing, as Giveforward had herself earlier mentioned. It was difficult to stay in a foul mood in such pleasant company. Her tail had taken up a soft, regular twitch, echoing the pleasant tone she found herself taking.

"I can't say for sure, but I'd like to see her again," Rose flushed at the admission, her face dropping and ears pinned back. It was such an embarrassing confession, but a part of the strange encounter with Half Truth did excite her. It was nice, to be cared about again. It was different from the way Root had regarded her- in a way, it made her blood sing.

"Do you think... should I seek her again?"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 pm
"Oh yes," Giveforward nodded, her smile soft and reassuring, "If you want to see her again, you should seek her out." She paused, thought a moment, "And maybe, bring her something as a present? Nothing extravagant but to show you were thinking of her."

Truthfully Giveforward had never known herself to be courted -- her sister often said the doe wouldn't have known if someone flat out told her so -- but a thoughtful gift was always nice. And it show the doe she was remembered.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:59 pm
"A present?" Rose questioned, blinking in confusion. While she knew much of courting, that wasn't even something she had considered. Rose was a poet, a wordsmith. While she lacked many a great quality, she knew very well that her tongue was silver and her mind was sharp. But an actual, physical gift... this would take some consideration.

She cocked her head to the side.

"I suppose I will do that, then. I've no idea what to give her, though," she thought aloud, mulling the idea over in her head. With a polite smile, Rose dipped her head to Giveforward.

"Anway. I don't wish to take too much of your time- and I suppose I'll actually have to do some work myself to get closer to your solution. Thank you for listening," She offered, then turned to head off into the swamp. At the thick of the brush, Rose paused, then turned back.

"And I wish you all the best with your Breach!"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm
"As long as you thought of it, it will be wonderful," the doe nodded in encouragement.

"Good luck with your doe and thank you!" Giveforward called after her and then, she heaved a sigh. It was time to talk to Breach.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games