Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Light to Guide Your Steps (Whistle & Labyrinth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:58 pm
A Private RP between my (~Latonia de la Courtel~) Whistle ((Maxed)) and Vistada's Labyrinth.

User Image
This Way to Latonias Teepee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This Way to Vistadas Teepee

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:47 pm
User Image
Chasing down the rumors of Unicorns was actually far more difficult than one liked to think. And for all that she was related to one, (well two, now) Whistle didn't find that improved her luck at finding the somewhat-elusive Soquili. Still, Unicorns were healers, and usually good-hearted besides. Whistle was of the mind that they could always use more good in their lives. Considering the trouble that her dark son liked to stir, and the fact that unease sat heavy on her shoulders, she preferred to be safe rather than sorry.

Part of that unease was due to the fact that she was pregnant again... And since the last time she had had foals in this land, they had been eaten by a Skinwalker. Well, she preferred to have precautions in place. Things like having a network of allies to watch out for Skinwalker and Kalona threats would do a lot to ease her mind. Like having more than one Unicorn that could see to injuries. A single Unicorn probably couldn't save a foal dying from a Skinwalker attack, but maybe multiples could.

And even if they couldn't... Well, where was the downside of knowing more than one healer? Of having more friends? Even her protective mate couldn't argue with the wisdom in that... So when Whistle told Ballad she was going in search of a Unicorn mare that was rumored to live in the woods nearby, he had merely sighed -very loudly- and wished her well.

Her mate was a smart one, he knew a losing battle when he saw one.

Craning her head through what had been a solid wall of greenery, Whistle glanced left and then right before beginning to carefully thread her way through. Mindful of her swollen belly and the foal within, she was careful to avoid the more solid branches and tentative about where she planted her feet. She had no wish to get tangled in the knotted plant life, and even less desire to fall or otherwise injured herself or her foal.

"Your Papa would never let me hear the end of it, you know." She mused softly aloud, talking to the foals she had yet to meet. She still had some time before they were due to arrive, but her once-graceful strides were a little more tired and her back ached more than she would like. "If I tripped and fell? He'd never stop complaining. But we're alright, we're going on a bit of an adventure, and hopefully we'll make a friend."

She oofed at a particularly good nudge, craning her head around to eye her side. "You settle down in there, your Mama has enough to worry about without you knocking the air clean out of her, hmm?"

True enough it was a possibility the foal could not yet hear or understand her, but Whistle had always made a habit of talking to her children, even before their birth. She felt it helped, somehow that they began to recognize her voice, the same voice that would tell them bedtime stories and sing them songs while they slumbered in their baskets. She was looking forward to meeting this little one, too, as strong as the kicks were. There was spirit in this child, a gift from above in the wake of losing her first children in this land.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:54 pm
Labyrinth had been summoned in the lands by her lantern, though it was quietly unlit laying on the ground at the still Unicorn's legs. Truely she had the capabilities to heal but Labyrinth's main life motivation was based around helping those with difficult decisions. She glowed even against the light that poured in through the trees during the day. It was the time Labyrinth was most inactive so it was not odd to see the smaller mare standing against a tree solemn with her eyes closed in a resting state. Her long and oddly furred tail slopped against the ground with moths that were taking naps huddled against the beads of light for their own safety.

Sometimes once standing in this idle fashion Labyrinth actually napped, most times however she was thinking deeply about nonsense. Or at times her eyes would be open and watching the clouds sail above her in their funny patterns. Not many would come to disturb the Labyrinth-bodied unicorn but it did come to attention when she heard a voice softly speaking to something possibly mute or not there at all. Not that she really was biased, Labyrinth often spoke to herself. But she truthfully was curious.. She let her body lean from the tree and look at her lantern as it lifted up and without lighting up hovered around her. It sounded like the voice would walk right into her direction so she stood and waited for a moment to see who it was that would form. When she saw a glowing set of eyes peer through the forest Rin would blink.

She was not used to seeing many purple bodied mares, let alone ones that had glowing features such as herself. A hum of question filled the air with a greeting in its tone,
"Hello?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:59 am
User Image
Once the foal had settled down again, Whistle resumed her journey. As she paced along she noted landmarks: a lone hill, a little creek, a lightning-struck tree and so on. Things that would help her find her way back home just as easily as they marked the trail toward her goal. And she did hope to find the mysterious unicorn, it would be nice to have a friend that lived so close to their territory. Much nicer than having to go wandering for some of their more far-flung allies.

"Of course, there's nothing wrong with wandering, though these days I prefer to walk with purpose." The indigo mare mused to her foal as she walked along. "Then again, perhaps I should put such things out of my mind until you are two or so... I imagine, once you are here with us, that you will lead us on dozens of merry little chases. Not that I exactly condone such behavior, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised by it considering all of your siblings."

She gave a low sigh that was part soft-laughter and part rueful acceptance. "They have your father's wandering hooves, we'll just say that. And since it is only you and I here, I feel no guilt in telling you that. He is the wandering one, and I am the one who chases. Based on my experience with your siblings, his trait runs quite strong. So hopefully, one day, you'll find a wonderful true love that chases you, and they and I will have something to talk about at family gatherings."

Taking a moment to consider the possibility, Whistle turned through a wall of greenery and stopped short at the sound of a soft voice. "Oh, hello?"

Peering into the shadows of the woods she was suddenly able to see the stranger, a mare with a dark coat not unlike her own. And even more interesting, that her eyes were glowing bright and her markings glittered... And there were all matter of glowing beads strung in her mane, glinting like captive stars. "Please excuse me, I didn't mean to intrude..."

Vistada

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas