User Image
Krem was hungry, something the bird didn’t feel very often living in the pride. Even though he was a slave he was a well cared for slave, a slave without much of a worry in the world. He had decided to spend the day outside of the pride though and that decision meant that he was hungry. The cream coloured bird was hopping around on the ground, pecking here and there on the ground trying to find some worm buried in the ground. He wasn’t sure why he was wasting his time here on the ground, he knew that the big juicy grubs would be be in the trees. He stopped his pecking to take a look around, there were some trees not to far away so he lifted off into the air heading towards the trees.

Perili was a little grouchy she wanted to sleep and she wasn’t able to find a den. The dark coloured leopard therefore had to give up and sleep in the trees. It wasn’t her preferred place to sleep but it was better than laying on the ground out in the sun. At least up here in the trees she was shaded a bit and most wouldn’t see her unless they were looking for a leopard in the trees, and honestly who would be looking for a leopard in the trees. She tried to quiet her mind wishing for sleep to take over, but she still felt so out of her element.

Krem swooped through the trees, looking for one that appeared to be on its way to its grave, the grubs they liked the dead trees more for them to eat, which as a result also meant more for Krem to eat. The cream coloured swooped down about to land when all of a sudden he had to pull his feet up. He hadn’t been paying very close attention he had been about to land on branch that was directly beside that of a semi-asleep leopard. He tried to stop the landing and but he had come to low, his choices were now to either land on the leopard or beside her like the original plan. He swooped down onto the branch that was right next to her face, he hoped that she wasn’t hungry.

Perili opened her glowing eyes she wasn’t actually angry at the bird who landed before her waking up, but she knew that her glowing eyes would like scare whoever was sitting on the branch across from her. She blinked a few times, her eyes unhappy in the daylight, Perili only liked to be awake at night. “Hello” she greeted the bird who sitting there, “Do you need some help?” Despite Perili’s scary appearance in general she wasn’t actually scary, if anything Perili was actually kind but had never really had the chance to show anyone that.

Krem swallowed hard as the glowing eyes of the leopardess turned on him. He knew that he should just take off again fly away far far away, but he was frozen. Those eyes made him freeze as if none of his muscles could move an inch. He had never felt such fear in his life, never before had he wished that he had stayed in the safety of his home, where although there were predators none would eat him, he was pretty sure there was no outright evil members in the Suka’Fumo. “I was looking for food, please don’t eat me.” His voice was small and timid and he knew that if the leopardess wanted to eat him that there was little he could do to stop her.

User Image
Perili let out a laugh, she was pretty sure that it was partially sleep deprivation but something about the avians way was comical to the black and blue leopardess. “I will not eat you, you need not be afraid.” she told them. Her voice lacked real kindness she didn’t really know how to act in social situation and since she was never really shown any kindness she didn’t know what it sounded like.

“I was coming to the trees I wanted to get something to eat, I was hoping there would be bugs in the trees. I flew up here and then you were there and I had no where to go and I landed and I was so scared that you were going to eat me. “ he said it all so quickly and in just one breath. He knew that she told him to be scared, but at the same times her eyes seemed to be dig right into him to his soul. He could feel that he was quivering just slightly.

“I said I wouldn’t eat you. You don’t need to shake.” she shook her head it was useless no creature would ever see past her appearance, she needed to learn to stop trying and just to be the person that everyone thought she was anyways. Perhaps it was time for her to find somewhere she could live and that would like her for her talents, although she wasn’t sure that she would like being around someone who liked her for her disturbing appearance. She let out a great sigh, “Do you know what, I am going to eat you. You best fly away now.” she said narrowing her eyes and lowering her voice down to a growl.

Krem didn’t need to be told twice, without a second thought he took off into the air. Flapping his wings as hard as he could and without a second thought of the grubs he had been dreaming about in the trees. Perhaps when he got back to Suka’Fumo Tabt would have some left overs that she could have.

Perili watched sadly as the cream bird that she wanted so badly to be her friend took off and flew with all his strength far far away from here. It seemed evident that Perili really should just embrace what everyone else seemed to know about her. There had to be somewhere and someone out there would take her on, maybe they would see the true her but she was starting to lose all hope of that.