Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:27 pm
User Image

It was such a warm, humid day, and the air felt thick as though it could be cut through with a sharp object. Rainfall had been on and off in short and sparadic showers, soaking anyone or thing around. Including Serendipity. The female fae was currently out and about, picking her way carefully through the foliage of the forest. Over her shoulder was a woven bag, and from the pull of the fabric there were clearly objects in it. Sweat and rain water clung to her skin, and her hair hung heavy with rain along her back.

She recognized the current area she was in, noticing particular familiar land marks, and followed her memory through the trees. As she grew closer, she noticed damaged plants, and her brow furrowed a bit. It had been a while since she'd visited, so perhaps there was a natural disaster. Her brow furrowed and she picked up her pace to walk faster, holding her bag close to her as she continued towards the temple. Was it still there? How was she going to contact her friend if it wasn't?

The shambles of once beautiful temple stoped the fae in her tracks as she stared in dumbfound shock. Her mind swirled in confusion, and slowly she found her feet moving her into the temple. She stared with wide eyes as she walked through the building, noting the damage and feeling her heart sink. Quickly, she went into one of the side rooms and stepped up to the alter. Reaching into the bag, she pulled out what was the braid of sage that she was going to burn as incense. Instead, the rain had soaked through the material of the bag and created a wet mess of her sage.

"Oh no..." She looked at the soaked braid, then bit her lip and placed it on the alter. Taking a step back, she took a deep breath and called out. "Iordanes? I'm sorry it's been a while. Can you spare time for a visitor?"

Was he even going to be able to know she was there without a burning sage offering?

Menelie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:23 pm
User Image
Iordanes felt a pick at the nape of his neck, the kind he normally felt when someone was summoning him, but he didn't smell the sage incense. He almost ignored the feeling, since nobody had set foot in the temple since the filthy snake-pae had ruined it. It still stunk of them. But these island mortals were a determined lot, and so he peered down at the temple, expecting a pair who needed his help conceiving.

A familiar dark head of hair made him smile and come down from Dolandor.

"I always have time for you, my dear," he said, walking out from behind a pillar. He had wondered why she hadn't burned the sage--she knew that was how to get his attention--but the downpour outside made him see. She had the sage, but couldn't light it. He chuckled softly as he approached her. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Serendipity was his favorite mortal to while away an hour or two with. She looked even more beautiful than usual, with the rain glistening on her skin.

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:44 pm
She waited as seconds ticked away as slow as hours, hearing the dripping of water echoing through the temple. Her lips moved silently as she chanted to herself. Please work. Please work. Please work. And as the time ticked by and nothing happened, she felt her heart sinking a bit. Either he was unable to come, didn't want to come, or her failure of an offering couldn't reach him.

The familiar voice came from behind her, and Serendipity turned to face him. Immediately her face lit up as bright as the sun,and she slid her bag from her shoulders to rest on the ground and ran to him with intentions of embracing him. She stopped short, regaining herself, and brushed wet hair from her face, deciding that getting the deity wet was probably a good way to send him flying off back to where he came from.

"Iordanes! I'm so sorry! It's been over a year, and the first thing I do is mess up with the sage. I'm so happy you came." She couldn't help be be entranced by him, beautiful as always. The deity always had such an amazing glow to him, and she felt that it almost sparkled, even in the softer lighting of the rainy day. "I was in the area doing an errand for my father and thought to stop by. What happened to the Temple? I don't wish to sound blunt, but it looks like a hurricane hit it. Is everyone alright?"

Menelie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 pm
Iordanes' face darkened for a moment and he got sort of a far-off look in his eyes. "It's a long story," he said finally. "I'd rather not talk about it. Our time together is too beautiful to spoil with such things."

He touched her face gently. She was soaked through! "Why, my dear, you're freezing!" he exclaimed, then pulled her close. He knew the best ways to warm up, like any child of Venus.

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:04 pm
The look that passed over Iordanes' face didn't slip by Serendipity, and she knew something horrible had happened. She knew enough that if it had been something as simple as a natural disaster, he would have told her. A very small, understanding smile came across her face and she bobbed her head in a nod and leaned into his hand as he touched her face. "I understand. I'm sorry, Iordanes."

She hadn't even realized that she was chilled until Iordanes had pulled her into his embrace. He radiated heat, and it almost felt like it burned against her. Her skin was cool and clammy from the rain, and her hair was starting to curl as it was ever so slowly drying. She couldn't help but rest her cheek against his chest and let her arms wrap around him. "You are too kind to worry about me as you do. Thank you. Please don't forget about yourself, though. I don't need you getting cold and wet." Then again, could he get sick?

Menelie

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:15 am
Iordanes snorted a little as a giggle burst out of him. "Don't worry about me, dear." Even if he weren't basically unable to be uncomfortable, he was always warm. Her cool skin felt refreshing. Especially as it was hers.

"Now," he said, squeezing her a bit and rubbing her back a little to warm it up, "You can't tell me you came all this way out here to summon me just for a hug." He smiled warmly. "What do you need?"

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:37 pm
Serendipity felt the laughter vibrate through his body, and couldn't help but laugh a little herself. It felt so warm and secure with his embrace wrapped around her, certainly was better than the wet outside. "I always worry about those I care for. Unfortunately for you, you have made it onto that list." She teased him lightly, thrilled to see him once more.

"Actually, I only came by because I was going to be in the area. I'm helping my father with an experiment." She pulled away from Iordanes, already feeling the desire to curl back into him, and went to pick up her discarded bag. Returning to him, she opened it and carefully pulled out a sprouted plant, it's soil held securely in a large leaf wrapped around it. "He can apparate himself through any Bird of Paradise that he has planted, so we're going to see if they have to by physically planted by him, or if they just need to be grown by him. I know that he's never been in this area of the forest, so I figured I'd plant a couple around here to test this theory."

Her cheeks turned rosy in embarrassment. "I did really wish to stop by though. It has been so long since our last visit, and then the sage was soaked through, so I wasn't sure if you would actually come."

Menelie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:20 pm
Iordanes made a little "heh" noise. "I almost didn't. I couldn't smell the sage burning because it was wet. But I'm glad I checked. A visit from you is a rare delight."

It sounded like she was using this "experiment" as an excuse to see him, which suited him just fine. Just fine indeed. "So, did you need help planting this flower?" he inquired. "Or am I merely to be company and distraction?" He quirked a smile.

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:30 pm
A feeling of warm tingles went through the fae from her toes to the tips of her fingers as Irodanes called her out. With a soft laugh, she ran her fingers through her hair subconsciously. "Well, that's a silly question. When are you ever not a distraction?"

Shouldering her bag with what felt like a silly grin on her face, she reached out and gently slid her hand into his and gave a soft tug. "Come be my distraction." Her eyes glittered in mischief as she smiled brightly to him. It was almost out of character for her with how flirty and at ease she was with him, but for as long as she could remember that had been how they'd interacted since the first time they'd danced together. It was freeing, in a way.

Menelie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:57 am
Iordanes smiled. He was good at being a distraction, it was true. When she took his hand, instead of allowing himself to be pulled along, he pulled her back into him. He gazed down at her intensely, leaning down as if to kiss her, cupping her chin with his thumb and forefinger ("accidentally" brushing her bottom lip in the process), then seemed to change his mind and just booped her nose gently instead.

"I can do that," he said with a raised eyebrow, then released her.

She had no idea what she was getting herself into.

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:44 pm
Serendipity was taken by surprise as Iordanes pulled her right back into him, and a very soft gasp came from her as she felt the heat and solid form of the deity. His gaze trapped her, making her unable to move or even think about anything other than those incredible indigo eyes that pierced through her and held her in place. Her chin lifted and her lips parted as her body automatically anticipated feeling his lips on hers, goosebumps prickling over her skin as he brushed her bottom lip with a finger. Her head felt dizzy and light.

Then, with a simple and gentle boop on the nose, the spell was broken. It took a couple of blinks for her to come out of her trance, and once she had a dark blush tinted her cheeks. To think she had that he was to kiss her! How ridiculous. A smile came over her face and she laughed softly, both at herself and for his comment.

"I'm glad to hear that. Let us get these happy little sprouts into the ground. This is perfect weather for planting." With a little giggle and a bounce in her gait, she got up on her tip toes and planted a kiss on the immortal's cheek (oh my, she was so bold!), then spun on her heels and headed for the exit. She knew that she was playing with fire, but she didn't believe that Iordanes would do anything more than play with her.

Menelie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:15 pm
Iordanes followed his mortal companion out of the ruined temple and into the rain. The weather on the Isle never veered too cold, and so the tropical rain made the air thick and humid. Nice weather for planting, indeed.

He couldn't help but smile as he still felt the touch of her lips on her cheek. He'd heard somewhere that the gods needed to be adored to continue to exist. Iordanes watched Serendipity walk in front of him, which afforded him an enticing view of her shapely...figure. His amused smile deepened to a bit of a smirk. Suddenly he understood his brother Himeros' behavior. He'd make her adore him, all right. He'd make her worship him.

"So...tell me again what we're planting," he said calmly, adopting a cool demeanor and clasping his hands behind his back.

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:17 pm
The humidity wrapped around her in a thick blanket, almost thick enough to be cut by a knife. The heavy rains hadn't started yet, and there weren't any strong tropical winds. It was just as her father had told her: perfect planting weather.

Looking over her shoulder, up at Iordanes, she smiled. "Well, my father was blessed with a unique power. Any Bird of Paradise that he's planted, he can travel through. It's basically a more precise version of the traveling most fae can do, except in his case he doesn't need to be able to recall how the place looks to be able to travel there."

Deciding they were in a good spot, Serendipity knelt down to the ground and pulled out the young plant from her bag as well as half a coconut shell. Using the shell, she dug a hole into the soft soil and then unwrapped the large leaf from the roots and planted it. The smell of fresh soil rose into the air like an earthy perfume. "So, the whole point of this experiment is to see if he can travel using one that was replanted. Technically, this was planted and grown by him, but if it's replanted by me does it break the power?"

A strand of hair fall over her face, and she reached up to brush it away, smudging dirt over her. Standing back up, she brushed the dirt away from her hands and grinned over to Iordanes. "That's why I brought it here. I know my father's never been to the temple. And any excuse to give me a chance to spend time with my most favorite deity is always most welcomed."

Menelie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:35 pm
Iordanes spotted an inconsistency in the explanation, but decided not to pursue it. If the experiment proved successful, it wouldn't matter anyway.

The smudge of dirt caught his attention immediately after she stood up. She was making this too easy for him. "Your favorite deity, mm?" he asked, drawing nearer to her. He enjoyed watching what his closeness did to her. She got all trembly and awkward. It was adorable. "Typically that particular honor goes to my brother Himeros. He seems to have a special talent with ladies." He put his hands on her hips. "But I suspect that he cheats." He rubbed his thumb over her hipbone. "You flatter me so." He then removed his hands suddenly, feigning surprise.

"Oh, my dear, you seem to have taken a bit of earth with you! Let me get it." He tucked her hair behind her ear again, lingering over her skin for a tantalizing second. He brushed the dirt from her temple and stepped back from her. "There," he said with a cheerful smile. "All better. You'll have to be more careful when you plant the next ones," he admonished playfully.

Kira of Flames

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:05 am
Serendipity had wanted to keep her composure and confirm that yes, Iordanes was her favorite, but the moment he stepped closer to her she felt the heat from him and she couldn't help but fidget a little. His hands resting on her hips, the pad of his thumb running softly over her skin- she struggled to keep her composure and to make words come out of her mouth.

"O-of course you are my favorite" she started with a slight squeak in her voice, then quickly regained herself and spoke like a normal Pae that wasn't feeling horribly awkward and weird at the moment. "I can see none of your brothers, or sisters, doing what you do with me. Not with out something else in mind. You, though... you're different." For starters, she couldn't see any of the other Erotes coming out into the rain to do gardening... maybe Himeros, but she had a hunch that there would be an alternative agenda. "I feel like I can talk to you."

When he pulled his hand from her hip and then began fussing over the dirt on her face, a tint of pink came over her cheeks. Once again his touch grazed over her skin and lingered, and she felt herself wishing he'd let his touch linger just a little bit more. A soft chuckle escaped her. "A little dirt never hurt anyone. Besides, it's bound to happen when one gardens." She held up one of her hands, which still had the finer particles of soil sticking to them. "I'll wash up once I've finished. I've just got the one more." There hadn't been much more sense to planting more than 2, and really the second one was just in case something had happened to the first. If the experiment worked, then there would probably be more planting in other areas. IF it worked...

"Lets try somewhere in this direction." Serendipity smiled, picking up her bag and the coconut shell to lead the way.

Menelie

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces