Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Ye Family Cottage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:30 am
User Image

User Image

Located inside the New Forest itself, at least 2 miles from any other human neighbor (wizard or muggle), and at least 5 miles from the nearest town, the home of the Ye Family and its surrounding garden, mostly wild and untamed flowers and trees, has a muggle repelling charm cast upon the location. While the wood nymph Cherry rarely actually resides inside the cottage, she is constantly in the gardens and will visit the inside of the cottage regularly. Outside is dinning and even sleeping areas. The garden is home to a very large population of gnomes, who seem to have an ongoing "friendly" war with the youngest of the Ye family. Besides the cottage there is also a greenhouse and the workshop where Kai works as a wandmaker.

User ImagexUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:35 pm
xxxxxYe Family Locations

User Image
    xxxKai Ye (NPC)xxx
    xxxxxHalfblood Wizard
    xxxxxWandmaker
    xxxxxxxis currently
    xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image
    xxxCherry "Ye" (NPC)xxx
    xxxxxWood Nymph
    xxxxxxxis currently
    xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxx Lola Mutan Yexxx
            xxxxxHalf-Nymph
            xxxxx5th Year Ravenclaw

xxxxxxxis currently
            xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxx Rhett Fang Yexxx
            xxxxxHalf-Nymph
            xxxxxAge: 7

xxxxxxxis currently
            xxxxxxxAT HOME

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:37 pm
xxxxxAdditional Information

Status of the "Battles" won between Rhett Ye and the Garden Gnomes:

25:26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:01 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
<6th Year>

When Lola invited Devonte, her boyfriend Devonte, to her home she had never thought he would actually say yes. She was still half sure that his parents would intervene and ban it. It didn't matter if he might be a werewolf (something she hadn't told her family because it wasn't her secret to tell), that was a different thing entirely than a true half breed like her. Werewolfs were below wizards but at least they were human. She knew people gossiped about the two of them and she knew her friends thought he had her brainwashed and maybe he did, if she had more common sense she wouldn't have fallen for someone who started his Hogwarts career spending time with the likes of Hamilton (which according to rumor was a werewolf too, so it was real rich of him to still bother making snide comments about what she was) and sort of being a jerk to most people. Devonte's father was a Slytherin too, and it was from him Devonte had his original views which sometimes Lola wondered if he still held on to, to a point. Generally she felt like that was a topic best not spoke of just like the fact he had gotten bitten by a werewolf.

Today, however, she could not really hide the nymph side of her. Her mother was flitting around in the garden, helping her father work on his latest wand order, the two pretending not to be keeping a close eye on the cottage and when their eldest child's significant other showed up. They might still feel indebted to Devonte for helping save Lola years before, but they had no problem sending Rhy in regularly to make sure they weren't getting 'too close'.

Lola had been letting her hair grow for the past few months, and finally it was past her shoulders, and today she dressed as she usually did this summer: a comfortable top, shorts, and no shoes or socks or even slippers like her Dad wore around the house. Lola was sure it was from her mother she adopted the love to be shoe-less. If the castle wasn't so cold and she could have gotten away with it and she wasn't worried about others she'd go shoe-less at Hogwarts too. As she waited for Devonte to floo over, Lola worked on making a simple snack for them of red bean cake. The zucchini bread she had made that morning was already completed and cooling in the kitchen.

Time: Summer of 2033
Looking: Pretty Clever

{OoC: }
Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:45 pm
User Image

User Image

Sixth Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser │ Werewolf

As Devonte stepped inside his fireplace and quietly uttered where he was going, making sure no one was around to hear him--especially Layton, who he was sure would snitch--he disappeared in a burst of green flames, outright lying to his father that he was just going to Hamilton's house to hang out. He was sure that he was much more accepting of Hamilton than he would be of Lola. Hell, he probably already knew about her from Layton he just decided not to say anything about it. Soon enough, he was in Lola's own fireplace, in a smaller, and much more.. Foresty house, to say the least.

And there was his girlfriend, which of course always put a smile on his face. Her hair was longer than usual, and she just looked so beautiful that he couldn't help but just stand in awe for a few seconds. He then realized how stupid he probably looked, so he blinked and cleared his throat, stepping forward out of the fireplace. "Ahem. Well, uh, I'm here." He looked out the window, seeing an assortment of just as beautiful fauna. "Quite the view you have out here."

mc2

OOC:

♥ Lola Ye ♥

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:04 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
<6th Year>

Lola jumped a little when the fireplace she could see from the kitchen burst into green flames. A grin lit up her face when she spotted Devonte. He came! He really came! She rushed over and gave him a quick hug and peck on the cheek. Stepping back she blushed as Devonte looked around their small cottage and then out the window. She was sure it wasn't much compared to what he was used to, though she smiled when he complemented on the view. "We focus a lot on keeping the outside beautiful. Mum rarely comes inside... doesn't feel right to her so we all spend a lot of time outside in the garden and forest. Mum and Dad are in the back right now working on wand making though... Rhett's around here somewhere."

Looking to the kitchen she said, "I made zucchini bread earlier and was working on red bean cakes... I don't know if you'll like the cake. Dad makes it a lot though." She paused realizing she was talking so much. Looking to Devonte she quickly said, "Up to you... I mean I can give you a tour too."

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:45 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte smiled brightly as his girlfriend ran up to him, giving him a quick hug and a peck on the cheek. He returned the affection, though looked out the window and back at her again when she pulled back and started speaking. "We don't have much of a garden at our house, so I'm envious. Don't think I'd be great at keeping up with it though, looking at my herbology test scores," he commented with a light laugh. He'd have to be sure to keep an open eye out for Lola's little brother. He seemed the type to attack him from behind when he wasn't looking.

Following her gaze he shrugged, having never even heard of "red bean cake". He didn't really associate beans with cake, but hey, who knew. "Can't know until you try it. But I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a tour," he said with a smile.

mc2

OOC:

♥ Lola Ye ♥

━━━━━━

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:47 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
<6th Year>

"That's too bad," Lola said, "though to be honest we sort of consider the garden just as essential to our home as the kitchen. For Mum it sort of is, if not more so." She blushed looking away not knowing if it was appropriate to talk about her mum or not. Lola always had a suspicion that Devonte would have rather her mum not have been a wood nymph but instead fully human, and a witch at that. When Devonte mentioned his herbology score, Lola gave him a serious look and said, "About that... you had me to help you all year, how'd you still manage to get only a P. You should have got an Acceptable at the very least... unless I suck as a tutor..." She added looking down. There was the fact in many ways she could have been considered cheating on the test. Hamilton would have said she did. She was able to easily work with the Bubotuber plants just as she had a knack for any plant, including whomping willows, her voice and touch alone usually enough to calm the most rambunctious of plants. That was a gift from her non-human mother.

"It's a traditional Chinese... well Asian dish to be honest, the Japanese and Koreans have something that is very similar," Lola said, "How about a tour first so we can build up an appetite?" She held out a hand and gave Devonte a smile, hoping how nervous she felt suddenly at that moment did not show. This would be the first time he saw her home and furthermore he might meet her whole family. He had met Rhett before, and even seen her father likely, but her mother... it wasn't like she could leave the New Forest.

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:13 am
User Image

User Image

Devonte simply shrugged in response. No one in his family particularly had a green thumb, so he never really appreciated the beauty of nature. Dating Lola for the past year had slowly started to change that, though. And of course, having to be outside for.. other reasons. Devonte raised an eyebrow when she blushed and looked away at the mention of her mother, which he had noticed that she always seemed to do whenever her mum came up in conversation. It made him kind of sad that Lola still thought that he hated anything that wasn't fully human, especially since his significant other technically wasn't fully human. Hell, even he wasn't fully human.

Deciding to lighten up the mood a bit, he grinned and laughed lightly. "Hey, I can't be good at everything. But don't worry, you don't suck as a tutor. I definitely wouldn't have passed Astronomy if I didn't have you." He leaned in and gave her a peck on the cheek. "So thanks." He made sure to pull away quickly so as not to be seen. He wasn't sure how protective Lola's parents were of her, but he wanted to make a good first impression. He was pretty sure they weren't aware of his reputation at school, after all.

Devonte nodded and returned the smile, slipping his hand into hers and squeezing it lightly. "Let's do it."

mc2

OOC:

♥ Lola Ye ♥

━━━━━━

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:49 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
<6th Year>

Lola chuckled some when Devonte said he couldn't be good at everything. It was very true for anyone. The ironic thing was that while Lola was arguably one of the best students in her year in the class Devonte couldn't even scrape an A on the exam. "I didn't exactly do great in Astronomy, myself, though," Lola admitted with a shrug. She blushed when he thanked her for helping him with her exams. She figured she might as well be the stereotypical Ravenclaw and be able to help her boyfriend with his studies, granted she was no Selina, but she wasn't horrid at her classes. Honestly, though, mostly she only helped out by getting a copy of her notes to Devonte for the days he missed because of his recent condition.

Smiling when Devonte took her hand, she gave his a gentle squeeze back and said, "Sure. Well you've already seen the main house. I mean it's pretty open. We can see the garden first, it really is the best part of this place." She pulled on Devonte's hand to lead him out the back door into a garden both wild and tamed at the same time, with pretty stone paths lined with flowers and trees. Farther back was a large vegetable garden where her brother was having a very serious conversation with one of the garden gnomes.

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:48 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte shrugged at her response to how well she did in Astronomy, a light smile curving on his face. "You did well enough for me to pass, and isn't that what truly matters?" he said with his smile turning into a little grin. "Besides, it's not like I'll really need Herbology beyond Hogwarts. I guess I just wasn't made for it."

He motioned his hand forward, letting her guide him outside to the garden, following beside her as she lead him out the back door. He looked around slowly, very obviously in awe of everything he saw. Never in his life did he think that he would be awed by nature, but here he was, dumbstruck. He blinked a few times to regain his composure and looked over at his girlfriend, smiling brightly. "It really is beautiful, Lola. You're lucky that you get to live here." While he wasn't completely sure if he would've been able to adapt to a life like this, he was sure that it was just second-nature for her.

mc2

OOC:

♥ Lola Ye ♥

━━━━━━

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items