Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Collectables

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:02 pm
Most people who Love Anime, Manga, and Video Game series tend to collect items from one or many of them. This is what dealers at Conventions are all about selling these cherished items.

Sometimes you come across items in a dealers room about a series that you like that you gotta have, especially if it's something new. Also you can come across rare items and ones that the dealers have brought just to sell to you from Japan and other countries.

As most of you know I have a great Love of the Sailor Moon series. Here is a list of some of the items that I have bought related to the series:

1. All 12 of the new release of the Manga books
2. 8 Sailor Moon Plushies. You can see my Luna plushie in some of my Cosplay Photos that I took of Sailor Moon scouts.
3. I now own 4 of the SHfiguarts pose able figures (Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, Sailor Mercury, and Sailor Venus). I really want to find and Sailor Jupiter.
4. I just bought the Sailor Moon "Zero" figure.
5. I own most of the DVD's of all 4 seasons of Sailor Moon and I even have the Live Version that they did as well.
6. I also own the first and second parts of the new Blu Ray release of the first season of Sailor Moon. I already have on order the first part of Sailor Moon R on Blu Ray. I can't wait until they release Sailor Moon Stars.
7. I watched on cable the release of Sailor Moon on American TV back in the 90's. I have been a big fan since.
8. My favorite scout is Sailor Mars. I have a key chain, an original doll from Sailor Moon R, and a special commission drawing of Sailor Mars where she is dressed up for Christmas and is sitting on a candy cane (Very Cute).
9. An Original copy of one of the Sailor Moon Art Books.

It's hard to pick just one item that you Love the most over all.
My two favorites are my life size Luna Plushie and the rare Sailor Moon R series Sailor Mars Doll. I Love my Luna Plushie because I have brought her to conventions and she was a big hit with Sailor Moon Cosplayers. I was able to take quite a few photos with the Cosplayers holding her. She was the first prop that I used as a Cosplay Photographer and It worked out great!! The Sailor Mars doll was a must have because Sailor Mars is my favorite Sailor Scout.

Please post in this thread and let us know about some of your favorite collectable items and why they are your favorites.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:46 pm
I collect a lot of Anime and Manga and I have 500+ figures from many different series. I love posters and other artwork from my favorite series. I have a bunch of Madoka Magica artwork that I've bought at conventions. Most of the plushies I own are Pokemon, but I do have some from Inuyasha, Bleach, Soul Eater, and Hello Kitty.
I'm currently hunting down the World God only Knows Sega prize figures, and the Syaoran Artfx J.
I use My Figure Collection to keep track of my figures and find ones I really like. This link is for my current collection.
http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/Nerdlinger
I don't know if I can really choose a favorite, especially from all of my figures, I love them all for various reasons. But I will say that I am a huge Cardcaptor Sakura fan and have a lot of figures of her and her friends.

I also am collecting the Sailor Moon SH Figuarts I have:
Moon
Mercury
Mars
Jupiter
Chibi Moon
Tuxedo Mask
Neptune
Uranus
Saturn
Luna + Artemis
And as soon as I find Pluto for a good price I'm going to snatch her up! cool

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:46 pm
*pegs the thread with a Phoenix Down*

I'll admit, I've got a bit of merch, although it's varied. I think the pride(s) is my collection are:

- My Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome Nendoroids(I was happy to finally complete the "set" when I got Sheryl a few weeks ago).
- a Big O figure(it came with figurines of Roger Smith and R. Dorothy, but I lost them, and they sucked anyway)
- SHFiguarts Sailor Mercury and the Funko Pop of same(I dislike Funko Pop figurines(they're like bargain basement Nendoroids), but I had to get my favorite Senshi)
- A DriveDriver from Kamen Rider Drive, along with a bunch of Shift Cars

I've also got some autographed stuff, but that's probably for another thread... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:53 pm
OnsenMark

I'll admit, I've got a bit of merch, although it's varied. I think the pride(s) is my collection are:

- My Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome Nendoroids(I was happy to finally complete the "set" when I got Sheryl a few weeks ago).
- a Big O figure(it came with figurines of Roger Smith and R. Dorothy, but I lost them, and they sucked anyway)
- SHFiguarts Sailor Mercury and the Funko Pop of same(I dislike Funko Pop figurines(they're like bargain basement Nendoroids), but I had to get my favorite Senshi)

I've also got some autographed stuff, but that's probably for another thread... sweatdrop

Hi Onsen, I had no idea that you like Sailor Mercury. Is she your favorite scout?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:11 am
smithers456
OnsenMark

Hi Onsen, I had no idea that you like Sailor Mercury. Is she your favorite scout?

pretty much, yeah. 3nodding

(also, I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it. i fixed it, though. also, i should really go to bed, lol. sweatdrop )  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games