Niflhel hadn't been to his home world in a while, nor had Snowball ever followed him there. Though the Knight had been itching to go, like something was pulling him there. So instead of continuing to sit in the city waiting for Polaris to return he decided that perhaps tonight they should go on a small exploration.

The cat followed when they finally had arrived on the wonder and Niflhel stopped in the center of the stage. "I wonder what's here?" He mused as he looked around. Nothing really seemed different.

Snowball's ears twitched and looked around, the dead silence of the homeworld bothered him. He knew they were all desolate from what Niflhel had told him. This, though was unexpected. "I don't know . . . you're the knight." Snowball sat on the floor of the stage looking around before grooming himself.

He paused, "Besides it's so dead here, you should've bought like a white noise machine. . . or something to give the illusion of life or something. It's down right creepy." Snowball wasn't really impressed or having any of this since it was so dead.

Niflhel paused and glanced down to Snowball. "You'll get use to it." He said with a small sigh, "Eventually." He hopped down from the stage and began to walk the length of the seating back towards his old dwellings here. If there was ever going to be anything of importance, it'd be there. At least, He hoped it was going to be there.

Niflhel was watching as occasional glimpses of the past, pasted him by. Which was perhaps why he wasn't so bothered by the loneliness here and the quite. Past memories had him watching himself and Polaris strolling down the market street. Actually, Niflhel had decided to take the scenic route. It was decorates with old tiny carts that looked much like a Renaissance market place and open air store fronts. This use to be a very busy place, he knew it and even the visions that danced around him explained it.

"I wish we could spend more time together." Past life him was speaking to Polaris as they walked hand and hand Niflhel felt like it was an old movie reel.

Snowball had jumped onto one of the carts realizing Niflhel had stopped as if he was watching something, more than just the dust flowing around them or the slight breeze. The cat tried to gaze the same way in a curious gaze. "What . . . are . . . you . . . watching?"

He finally asked slowly so as not to startle the knight or perhaps interrupt something important.

Niflhel looked a little startled at the cat, forgetting he had brought Snowball along. "Nothing." He answered quietly before pushing on, tearing himself away from what was very obviously a break up between the pair. Rubbing his face, this must have been shortly after she became princess in the past. Niflhel's eyes were at his feet though the figures as the came and went, were in the corners of his visions. Most happy and laughing.

"Polaris, are you sure?" Niflhel slowed as he looked at the fountain that sat in disrepair. "I know we both have different paths but surely we could make it work?" She was leaning on him, and his arm was over her shoulder.

Though the visions were muddy, his voice was clear. Niflhel's fist balled as he tried to push the past away.

"Princess, you're late. You know you weren't coming her to see him. Now come on, you'll miss the ceremony which you're suppose to oversee here!"

Niflhel's gaze slowly turned to the cat with him at current but it wasn't Snowball of now speaking, and Snowball caught the knights hurt gaze. "N-Niflhel, is something wrong?" He looked confused, before looking towards where the fountain was. The knight must've been having visions or something, hallucinations? Snowball was concerned greatly.

"You realize, what's right for both of you. I know you understand there's no way, not without one or both of you being in trouble. I know you understand I've been fighting you this whole way. . . but Niflhel please. Do what's best for both of you, I know you know what that is." Before the cat walked away the paused, "If you come to your senses I can make sure both of you get your final goodbyes tonight. At the church's graveyard. She cares greatly for you and I know you her. But. . . It was never meant to be you can't abandon your post, nor can she hers."

Niflhel closed his eyes as he stood there, slowly eventually following the vision's advice to the church. His heart was in the pit of his stomach and while the cat was there, Niflhel felt more alone now than he had since Polaris left. He took a small breath as they came to the church yard and the grave yard in the back, looking down to the cat. "Sorry. . . I have to follow this through." He murrmurred softly trying to hold his composure and his normally emotionless nature. Polaris was his world, his rock, without her he felt lost, like a ship out to sea without it's guiding star and even in the past. He realized it, without her here, well it'd still be painful to be the only one able to watch the downfall of a secret so great and shameful in the past. He felt his heart ache.

"I thought about what you said." Niflhel was there, without Polaris but just Snowball. "Your right, I - I can't keep her for myself. Nor can I pursue her. It was easier before, your silence and interference helped. I-I know its selfish to want to keep her here, keep her by my side but she's the light on my candle, I would follow her through the dark."

He said kneeling down, "Please. There's got to be another way than to say good by." Niflhel here was showing a side of himself that he perhaps never had before.

Snowball's head shook sadly. "I cannot help. No longer can I cover. You must let her go, it's best for both of you. Treason if you don't. She couldn't live to see you die, at least. . . you both could still see each other once in a blue moon. Please, Niflhel you must bid her farewell." Snowball looked over his shoulder as Polaris sat under a weeping willow. "Niflhel. You cannot keep on, you'll be put to death for your acts and she would follow suit. You cannot leave the people of Polaris without a Princess."

Present day snowball sat looking at the old sadden church crumbling and the tree. Though he said nothing, he had noticed the knight was fighting tears. What could he do? Niflhel was never one to share, and never wanted to deal with his problems openly. The only thing Snowball really could do was sit and watch.

Niflhel continued towards the old dead tree, Snowball had stayed behind sitting beside the fence, a bright spot among the decay. He stopped looking at a tombstone before leaning against an angel to watch one hand rubbing his face, trying to make it as if he was tired and not removing the tears.

"Polaris, Princess. My guiding light." Niflhel whispered as he sat, the past life vision playing brilliantly some pieces looked as if they were a silent movie. Though Niflhel didn't need to hear the words among his thoughts. He knew where it was going. Watching himself kiss Polaris and sudden shock cross the princess' face. "I'm so, so sorry. we just. . . we need to end this. We have to agree, for the good of both of our worlds. I love you more than you could ever know. I don't want you to go but our missions are two different things. Please Polaris, please, I can't bear to do this alone."

The vision faded it seemed as if the two were having a moment as the picture faded, Niflhel had turned to leave hot tears stinging his cheeks when he heard something else. Turning Niflhel watched as the vision had skipped time and both were nodding. Neither had dry eyes but it seemed, that Polaris was giving him a gift. Niflhel stopped watching as he realized, it was some of the crystal shard jewelry that was used to decorate her hair and that dangled from her dress to her wings. In fact, it was almost like a second bracelet as he watched himself wrap it around his wrist and steal one last kiss from his beloved.

Slowly a thought came to Niflhel and he ran.

Snowball watched as Niflhel ran past him, as if trying to get away from something. Or headed for something. The cat looked concerned as he followed the knight, "Where are we going!? Niflhel what's wrong?" He sounded frustrated that he couldn't do anything.

If Polaris was here surely she'd be able to better understand the knight's distress right? Snowball was trying to keep up by darting under and around debris. "NIFLHEL!" He shouted as he jumped up and finally decided to run along a wall that was used to fence the buildings. Having to jump occasionally over holes, and spires.

"Come on..." The cat sighed, when the knight finally slowed searching. "What are we doing?"

"I gotta find it." He muttered, as he darted into the house with Snowball in tow. Up the stairs to the bedroom, pausing at the pictures on the walls. While some were shroud in darkness, dirt and torn. The ones with him and Polaris were fairly intact, a few holes and some brittle but Snowball was looking at the Pictures of a happier time. "Where did I place that?"

Niflhel was digging through drawers and pockets of outfits. Before he finally pulled out a crystal shard. Holding it in his hand he looked at it softly before falling to his knees. "It's still here, I didn't lose it." He whispered rubbing his fingers across it. There was another visions but mostly whispers of names that floated and resonated in the back of Niflhel's mind.

Snowball had stopped short and watched as the knight was looking for whatever the object was and when he found it Snowball squinted looking curiously at the item. His eyes Narrowed, "That looks like it belongs to Polaris?" He questioned curiously, what was it doing here?

Niflhel paused as he stared at the small crystal in his hand and whispered, "Balli? Skoll? Hati?" He'd heard the whispers from the visions and something he felt like he knew what it was, having watched as wisps of the vision were fading in and out his tears helped nothing. Slowly something started happening and soon there was a Cerberus sitting in front of him teeth bared at the cat.

At first Snowball didn't realize and soon he felt the hot breath, of something. . . that wasn't suppose to be there he turned around and started hissing his fur puffing out. "THE HELL!?"

"Guys~ stop... you're suppose to be friends. Skoll, did you all move here?" Though for some reason he felt like maybe Snowball and the Cerberus never fully got along, but Niflhel was trying to pull the more pleasant head into control. The visions came back as Niflhel watched himself on his bed, the present Knight giving the summon a hug. They were black and three headed, then in the past. Niflhel was sitting there still mourning over the loss of his princess when something strange had begun to happen. The Cerberus seemed to re-bond from it's original item to Polaris' crystal shard. Niflhel watched as in the past vision the Dog seemed to age a little and the black start to fade, first in one spot then all over until he was white as snow. Niflhel sniffled a bit, and sighed. "O-okay I think we need to head home. I've had all I can take. Come on Snowball."