Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]
[PRP] I'm Not Afraid (Zelopytia x Azima)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:41 pm
The current state of the Tokakinji was terrifying. The Queen was dead, King Uther blamed his daughter Morgana, and declared an all-out war on the Druids. Although that may not seem all that frightening, the Druids made up nearly half of the pride. Zelopytia knew that. Before she was appointed the position as Governor of the Mkoani, she had been a scholar - eager to learn and mentally archive everything she could regarding the Tokakinji. And now her pride, the sole love of her life, was in shambles.

Or so it seemed. Everyone in the pride was on edge after the King's call to war, suspicious of every other lion they crossed paths with, nervous they would attack without warning. It was terrible, in Zelopytia's eyes. She envied for those prides that lived in constant harmony, able to walk around their own pride lands without looking over their shoulder. Which is the opposite of what Zelopytia was doing at this current moment. She was padding around the market, completely empty for once. The soft grass felt familiar under her paws, but the surrounding area felt eerily foreign. Never had she seen the market so devoid of lions, heard is so silent. The wind could be heard flowing through the trees, a phenomena typically drowned out by the chatter of excited, bartering lions. Zelopytia glanced around, flicking her tail. This just didn't feel right.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:05 pm
Azima hadn't thought prides were as hmm, well, she supposed the term "exciting" was probably the best for it. She wasn't even a full grown lioness yet and now the place she had decided was good enough to stay had declared war on the others ah... What were they now? Druids, yes, that's right! She was a Toka and the 'other's as Azima had been calling them for some time now were druids. She didn't understand fully why they were at war with these druids, or why they had decided to murder the Toka Queen... Politics were just confusing to her, and she had decided she wanted nothing to do with it.

So earlier that morning, when someone had actually been in the market she had arranged to go and catch hares for them, and they would give her some lovely earings in exchange. Now, as Azmia padded along the grassy landscape she noted the lack of very many lions at all...

Gazing downwards to her pet, Azima smiled and reassured him, "Don't worry, I'm sure someone will trade these hares for something." Although as she looked on it seemed her choices of who to approach were slim to nothing... Where had everyone gone?

Ruler of Everything

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 pm
Zelopytia thought her caution in padding around the market was unfounded until she spotted a black female glancing down, a snake slithering around her feet. Immediately, Zelopytia's hackles were raised. She wasn't a fighter, but the Mkoani was her province, her home, and there was no way in hell she would let some Druid roam free in her lands. Although her duty wasn't necessarily to protect the Mkoani lions, right now, during this time, it became her duty.

Although there was a bit of fear intrinsic in approaching a Druid, she knew that if she didn't speak first, there was the potential for an attack. With no one else around, she couldn't afford the potential for her screams to not be heard. Walking swiftly towards the other lioness, tail twitching and eyes narrowed, she called out "What are you doing in these lands?" It did not cross her mind once that the lioness may be a rogue who joined the pride without Zelopytia's greeting; she could not fathom the idea that there was a lion in the province whom she had not met. So she continued on as if this were a Druid, because she was absolutely positive it had to be one.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:08 am
"P-Pardon?" Azima responded. At first she had thought the lioness approaching her was looking to trade items but she hadn't really expected her to start yelling for no reason. Though she hadn't really yelled, more or less just asked a question aggressively, which didn't seem to truly count as yelling to the young lioness.

Had she taken a wrong turn or something? had she gone the wrong way and ended up in the Druid market? Although she wasn't certain the druids even had a market, and she was even less certain that it looked exactly like the Toka one. Besides, the lady she was staring at didn't resemble a Druid, so Azima decided she was still in Toka territory.

"Look lady, I'm just trying to sell these hares here." She nodded her head towards her back where she still had them slung across her dark fur. "Besides it's not my rounds to go to the Ravine prison, so I don't really know what you're getting all worked up for." She told her, confused. It hadn't really occurred to Azima that it was the fact that she herself looked like a druid as to why the other lioness was acting so hostile, so she simply carried on unaware of why the other was being mean.

Meanwhile, her companion Sasho curled around Azima's feet, flicking his tongue out to taste the air as he did so...

Ruler of Everything

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:09 pm
Hackles still raised, Zelopytia continued eyeing the other, claws ready if it came to that. However, although the female seemed irritable, she wasn't coming off as hostile. And when she addressed Zelopytia as "lady," she knew she was safe. She had a sinking suspicion that the Druids would come to target those of the higher ranks first; the more power they took down, the easier it would be to take over the pride. If this lioness didn't know who Zelopytia was while wandering the Mkoani lands, it was a sign that she was more than likely an ignorant rogue initiate. Her fur settled as she did, calming, regardless of the other female's attitude. Always the peacekeeper, she knew she couldn't let the tension affect her and bowed her head.

"My apologies for the hostility," she said, raising her head back up to glance at the hares. Even she, a complete amateur at hunting, could tell that the kills were clean, efficient. Always Zelopytia had wished she has a useful skill such as hunting or fighting, but her natural abilities did not lend her to do so. Instead, she focused on her ability to navigate the workings of the pride and its members. Glancing once again at the other, she sighed heavily. "It's just... the tension. I'm not.. scared, just... being cautious. Zelopytia, by the way. Call me whatever you will, but that's my name. What may I address you as?" Her tail twitched anxiously, unable to completely shake her nerves as her mind wrapped around the brewing war within her home pride.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:54 pm
As the other calmed, so did Azima. After all she wasn't looking for a fight. She was kind of hoping to avoid it if anything.

Taking a breath out in relief she allowed her posture to relax and wore a small smile. "It's no problem miss." She said in response to Zelopytia's apology. It had happened a couple times before, random Toka getting angry at her for not a whole lot of good reason.

She was thankful though that this lady had calmed down, some of the Toka didn't, and boy, was that a picnic of fun. Though Azima supposed she had to be grateful none of them had outright attacked her yet, and that Sasho hadn't gone and bitten anyone to make them even more angry.

Either way, with the hostility gone it was a nice breath of fresh air.

"I'm Azima." She then looked down to her companion, "This is Sasho. We're kind of... New, to the whole pride thing. I thought it would be nice and peaceful to be part of a pride but..." She kind of looked away, somewhat lost in thought. She didn't really like being a rogue and having no food, but joining a pride seemed to come with a lot of rules and tension. It made her question why she had joined one in the first place. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you miss Zelopytia. I'm sure Sasho thinks so too." She looked down to watch as he flicked his tongue out out her.

Ruler of Everything

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:38 pm
Zelopytia bowed her head once more at the introduction. "Wonderful to meet you, ah, both." There was a strange intonation in her voice at the last part, having never quite been so close to a domesticated snake before. It was new to Zelopytia, but made sense for a joined rogue. Although she wasn't sure it was something the average Toka kept around.

At the mentioned of newly joining the pride, Zelopytia perked up visibly. "Oh! Oh, that explains so much." Realizing she was sounding rude, she lowered her maw a bit, chuckling. "My apologies, I just... I am the Governor of this province and it's my job to, well, oversee everything. It simply makes sense that I don't know you if you joined recently because of, well, all of this." She flicked her tail in reference to the chaotic going-ons of the pride, grimacing a bit.

While Azima explained her joining of the pride, Zelopytia felt herself growing uncomfortable. She had more pride than anyone in the Tokakinji. But recently, that was becoming more and more difficult to do. "I swear, this is not... this is not normal for us. We are a very highly respected pride, I'm sure you know that. But sometimes you really can't help it." She sighed, glancing at the other, hoping it wasn't regret she detected in her voice. "It seems like a lot now, but I'm positive it'll all, uh, blow over soon." In her own tone she could hear the extensive doubt and fear, something that coursed through her own veins constantly now a days. She could only hope this other female, this Azima, was stronger than she was. "It's nice that you know how to hunt. Those kills look clean. No matter what happens here, you'll be fine. You know that, right?"

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:32 pm
"Hmm, yes. People can't stay mad at each other for no reason for too long, right?" She wasn't one to hold a grudge, so suffice to say it was easy to see why Azima herself didn't really understand the whole... conflict. All she knew was that the Queen had been killed and it had been by the druid leader. She didn't get why they needed to stay so aggressive and violent though, the queen had died, and that was sad, but that was it. If any of Azima's family members had died she'd be sad, but she wouldn't go on a campaign seeking revenge.

Well, maybe there was something more to it then that, but she was new, so she just shrugged it off as not really knowing. It didn't occur to her that it might have come off as not caring, since she did care, just not all that.. deeply.

"Governor is an important job right? I got to hand it to you miss, it's pretty brave of you taking on such a big task like that. Overseeing everything... You would need about a hundred birds and snakes to go be eyes and ears for that to work!" Though it only just occurred to her that maybe Governors used lions instead of snakes, so what were they, Governor apprentices? The young lioness dropped wherever that thought process was heading, she'd learn more the longer she stuck around.

"Oh, er, thank you, yes. It's just a matter of finding where the food likes hanging out and all." It was a good skill, but one that near everyone could learn. Azima didn't really consider her 'talent' anything special or worthwhile until joining this pride. Kind of a good thing it was though, wasn't it?

Ruler of Everything
Super sorry for the delay on this!

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:20 pm
Zelopytia nodded kindly, still maintaining a rather somber expression. Although she was working on reassuring this newer member of the Tokakinji, Azima, she couldn't quite tell if she believed what she said. This war was serious. And the only way it would end soon, she feared, was with quite a bit of bloodshed when it came to the druids.

Laughing, Zelopytia nodded. "It's tough, I suppose. But at least there are a few of us. I only oversee this province; there are one of us per province." A smile graced her face at the compliment. It was rare she received compliments for what she did. And often she felt like she could be doing so much more that she was. But it was nice to hear that someone looking in from the outside found her job worthwhile. "Thank you, Azima. I try my hardest. It definitely is a lot of exercise, running around, trying to see everything. I suppose some snakes could help quite a bit..." She noted, glancing at Sasho with an entertained smile. Although she couldn't see herself with a little friend following her around the pride lands, it was a rather nice thought.

"You think that's it?" She cocked her head, not believing Azima one bit. "I know where the food hides but that doesn't mean I maintain any kind of knack for having it end up in my tummy," she remarked with a big laugh. "I promise, that's something to be proud of. I'm certainly envious."

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 pm
"Still, one province is a lot to handle. Good thing there is lions like you who are good at it!" Really, Azima didn't know if Zelopytia was a good Governor or not, but in her eyes she was a great one. After all she had just been ready and willing to fight for her province a few minutes ago. Granted, it was against Azima that she had thought was a druid, but still! It took a dedicated Governor to jump into a fight, didn't it?

Looking at her feet she watched as Sasho gazed up at her. She had never really stopped to think that it would be hard to hunt for anyone in the world. It was such a thing that came to her so naturally Azima had overlooked that maybe not everyone was good at it. Of course, she had Sasho to help her hunt and so maybe that was why she was a good hunter? Or she was just born with some super-talent. Yeah, she liked the sound of that. Azima - Huntress extraordinaire!

Oh right, the hares- the hares that were still on her back! "Well, if you're hungry now Miss, then you can eat one these hares if you want. I mean, nobody's buying 'em and it'd be a shame for them to go to waste..."

Ruler of Everything

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:45 am
Zelopytia shrugged at Azima’s comment. Sure, one province was a lot, but she dreamed much bigger than even that. What she really wanted to do was be on the Council – overseeing decisions that would affect not just one province, but the entire pride. Although that never seemed to be something the pride would consider, so she tried to remain complacent in her position as a Governor.

It was obvious that Azima had never really stopped to think about her own hunting skills. Zelopytia saw that often in the other lions she encountered. Those who didn’t consider their talents actual talents, taking advantage of them ignorantly, not realizing how envious others were of the things they could do. It was a curious phenomenon, but seemed to happen more than one would presume.

At the offer, Zelopytia smiled. It wasn’t often she was the recipient of such great gestures, and she had to admit – it felt nice. “That is very sweet of you, but just because I cannot hunt does not mean I go hungry.” She winked and laughed. “I’m sure you will find someone to purchase them! Don’t give up quite yet, Azima.” The comment had a double meaning, as Zelopytia was not ignorant of the other lioness’ lack of desire to be in the pride, particularly during everything that was going on. “Everything will all work out.” She wasn’t sure if she was reassuring herself, or Azima at this point. With another smile and two head nods, she added, “It was wonderful meeting you Azima, Sasho. I do hope to see you again.” It was then she gave one last grin and began to pad off, happy she decided to take a stroll today.

CaliWolfe
I'm done~ Feel free to make another post exiting Azima out! <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:56 am
"You too miss!" Azima called as she watched Zelopytia leave. It was nice that they had met and gotten on good terms with one another, nice that Azima was reminded she didn't have to work so hard to make friends with fellow pride mates.

It was also nice to have someone more experienced encourage her not to give up and head home. The dual meaning was somewhat lost on Azima as she fully embraced the first and most obvious point. She would sell these hares! Someone would want them! No giving up now!

The lioness looked down to her feet to look at Sasho. "Well?" She asked him. "Let's go sell these then!" The lioness waited for her companion to curl around her legs before walking on looking for others in the area. Determined to sell her wares, and found herself suddenly pleased that she was part of a pride.

Ruler of Everything
The end~

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out