Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] She Sells Seashells by the Seashore (Nellie x Isaac)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:15 pm
Done with her duties for the day and having some time before dinner would be served proper at the cafeteria, Nellie thought she would explore the island on her own, picking a random path to follow which eventually took her to the largely deserted beach. She smiled to herself at the sight. This was a pleasant surprise indeed. It admittedly had been a while since she had been to a beach.

Kicking off her shoes, she walked barefoot on the sand, delighting in the feel of the sand beneath her feet as she kept her eyes peeled for any seashells or items of interest that might have washed ashore.

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:42 pm
Isaac spent a lot of time on the beach. He had collected enough driftwood to build a small living area: one long, gnarled piece of wood was a couch, of sorts; there was a stout little stump that he used as a table, and he'd even gone so far as to butt a shorter piece of wood against another short piece, which made a perfect love seat.

He sat on his makeshift couch, feet propped up on the equally makeshift coffee table, and sat humming a tune as he whittled determinedly on a small piece of wood.

baby_gwing

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:51 pm
Nellie had no idea how long she had been walking along the beach like this. During the time she had spent there, she had chanced upon a perfectly new bar of rose scented soap and a pretty seashell which she thought she would bring back with her to her room. The sun hadn't set yet which meant that she still had a bit of time till it turned dark and didn't have to start heading back lest she risked losing her way.

Spotting a rather interesting set up made entirely out of what appeared to be driftwood in the distance, she started towards it, a smile blossoming on her face as soon as she saw the familiar figure that was the huge Sun trainee whom she had befriended during the last mission she had undertaken.

"Isaac...?"

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:16 pm
The dull knife that he had found in the basement was in dire need of sharpening, and he found himself staring at the contrary blade when he heard someone calling out to him. For a split second, he almost thought it was the knife - and then he felt immediately foolish when he saw Nellie standing there on the beach.

A smile to outshine all smiles brightened his entire face, and he rose to his feet in order to beckon her over.

"Nellie! I was not expecting to see you here on the beach! It is such a nice day," he continued, gesturing broadly, "come and sit, how have you been?"

baby_gwing

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:23 pm
Like a puppy dog that was reunited at long last with its master, Nellie dashed across the beach to close the remaining distance between Isaac and herself, a big smile on her face that mirrored his own when she eventually stopped to stand before him. "Nellie too. Nellie happened to have some time so Nellie thought of doing a little exploring around Deus." She showed him the seashell and the bar of soap she had picked up along the way, taking a seat on the wooden couch as she stretched a hand out to tentatively run it along the furniture piece that had been customised to serve its intended purpose.

"Is this... Isaac's room?" Were there so many hunter trainees that Deu actually ran out of rooms for the newer people like Isaac? "Won't it get cold out here at night? What if it rains?" She was probably getting way ahead of herself here but she couldn't help worrying over the well-being of her friend if this spot out here on the beach did turn out indeed to be the room that was assigned to him.

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:29 pm
He was mildly confused by Nellie's question, and a slow frown crept across his face. He was busy turning the words over in his mind, and finally it struck him.

"Oh. Oh, no," Isaac assured her, very serious. "No, this is just Isaac's place. I have made it more comfortable, that is all. I sometimes sleep outdoors, but I have a real room. Well. It has four walls, but Nellie my room does not have windows and that is why I spend much of my time out of doors. My room is number B-twelve."

He waited a beat.

"Like the vitamin."

Ho, ho, ho.

"Oh! You have found a soap and a seashell. Just this week I found three pretty rocks. This shoreline is like a treasure chest!"

baby_gwing

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:54 am
Oh.

Well... boy was that a relief and a load off Nellie's mind. For a moment there, the Mist was beginning to wonder if she needed to find out from either Melvin or Peyton or through some helpful soul on twitter if there was a way for her to air her concerns about Isaac's living arrangement so that he could at least get a roof over his head rather than be forced to brave the great outdoors.

"Vitamin B12. That's pretty easy to remember. Nellie's at room 190." She giggled at the joke he made with regards to his room number. "Yes. It's very beautiful and peaceful too. Does Isaac spend a lot of time out here?" If this was how the beach was like most of the time, Nellie was going to make it a point to come down on a regular basis. Looking at the little living area around her, she waved towards them with a smile. "Did Isaac make all of these?"

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
"Well," Isaac began quite modestly, "Isaac has puttered around. It is not finished yet. I have made a space here," he pointed at a hole he'd put in the ground, "for a bonfire. When I am able to take my very first leave, I am going to buy marshmallows and fish and a big pot for boiling crab, and corn also, Nellie, and perhaps some potatoes and I am going to have a big bonfire party right here on the beach."

He grinned.

"I spend a lot of time here - but also on the roof of the dorms because that is the best place to see the stars, I think."

Isaac stared down at the hole in the ground.

"Does Nellie think that this hole is big enough for a fire pit? And would Nellie come to a beach party with a bonfire and also a crab boil?"

baby_gwing

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:29 pm
"Oh? So what's missing?" Nellie was of the impression that a couch and a table were all that were needed for a living area. As it was at the moment, even with just Isaac and her, there was enough space for one or two more people to sit around so Isaac's proclamation that he wasn't done yet came across as a surprise to her. "P-Potatoes?" She blinked, an image of Isaac and herself as well as a couple of potatoes of varying sizes all huddled together around a bonfire immediately coming to mind as a result of the Sun hunter's words. Somehow she had a feeling that that wasn't exactly what Isaac meant.

Nodding a few times at his words, she was silent as she studied the size of the hole that was in the ground, trying to formulate an opinion as to whether it would suit the function that it was meant for. "Nellie thinks it looks just about right." She really wouldn't know better since she hadn't any prior experience with bonfires much lest a crab boil, but she was very happy nonetheless that Isaac would think of inviting her to one. "Nellie would love to. Nellie could chip in too if Isaac needs help with anything."

Even if it was going to be just them and a bunch of potatoes.

pinchmonster
*giggle snort at the image* Potatoes~ xD

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:20 am
"I think this hole should be lined with rocks, but maybe not. And maybe another place for people to sit, because I would like to have a very large bonfire here."

He stroked his chin thoughtfully.

"Yes, potatoes. To boil, with corn - and crab with garlic butter, too, does Nellie know how to cook? My knowledge of cooking is not very vast, but I know how to cook a few things from home. I have never boiled a crab, but I was just thinking about something I read in a food magazine about crab boils and I think it would be very fun to do that."

Isaac gave Nellie a look.

"I could not let Nellie spend her hard-earned money on my bonfire. But if Nellie wants to help plan out food, I would very much appreciate that."

baby_gwing
these two

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:07 am
Nellie gave a nod, already very much looking forward to the idea of a beach party centred around a large bonfire with marshmallows and a crab boil more and more by the minute. Being home schooled meant that she hadn't ever had a chance to go on school trips, much lest camp outdoors with a large bonfire that one could sit around like in the movies and sing and dance with friends to. She definitely wouldn't miss this for anything in the world unless she could really really help it.

"Not unless toasted bread with jam counts. But Nellie should probably learn at some point so Nellie doesn't have to thrive solely on bread and water in the event that the cafeteria is closed for some reason." She responded candidly at Isaac's posed question though she felt somewhat ashamed of her own ignorance given how sheltered she was back home.

Still, there were things that didn't quite sit down well with her and she made sure she vocalised her opinion here and now even though she didn't like the idea of possibly upsetting Isaac who had been nothing but kind and nice to her since the day they ran into each other. "But why not? It's only fair that Nellie gets to chip in in some way since Nellie's coming to Isaac's first beach party." She did however add in a small voice after pausing for awhile to let what she had said sit in with the older Sun hunter. "Even if it is just a little..."

pinchmonster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:46 pm
Isaac grunted, but held his tongue. There was no way that he was going to let Nellie pitch in, just like he wasn't going to let Gretchen pitch in. This bonfire was something of a labor of love for the big man, and he wanted to do it all by himself not because of pride, but because everyone deserved something nice.

"Anything counts," he began, brows furrowed with worry, "and you will not have to eat only bread and water if the cafeteria closed. I would help you, because we are friends."

Isaac's face looked a little pinched. He didn't want to think about Nellie starving. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

"Let us speak of other things. What has Nellie been doing to occupy herself since the terrible mall incident?"

baby_gwing

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:01 am
"Can Nellie bring drinks for everyone? And paper cups?" Nellie asked, stubbornly resistant for once like a child testing a parent's patience and limits. After all, Isaac did say it himself that anything counts. Nodding at the stocky Sun hunter's offer to help even if she ran into something as trivial as the cafeteria being closed unexpectedly, the Mist smiled wistfully. "What if Nellie can't find Isaac?" To her, that was a plausible scenario and she really wanted to know just what she ought to do when faced with such a situation.

She looked down at his question, shifting her weight from one foot to another as she mumbled in a small voice. "Nellie has been training, trying to get better and stronger." A brief pause. "Nellie doesn't want to fail Isaac like that again..."

xpinchmonster
Oh Isaac you're such a cute potato <3

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces