User Image
It had been a long year it seemed. Or perhaps a quick year would be a better way to put it. Either way, it had been 365 days since Naveen and Adolfo had taken in Xanthus as their adopted child and here he was now. Grown. A young adult. It made Naveens heart swell with pride to see such a well-mannered young pup grow into such a gentleman. He would be a good Leader to the Watembezi. She was more than sure of it. He had other mentors along with way but since he was an adult now there was no more need for teachings. Violet eyes fell upon the (literally) golden boy that was now no longer a child. It seemed however he was not alone for the familiar orange and black female from the neighboring pack was with him.

She already had a clue as to what it might be about. She had seen how the two had acted when they first met. It was like something out of a story. They took to each other almost instantly and she hadn’t thought it to be any better of a match. She was one of the daughters of the neighboring Alpha, what better way to unite the packs than through the joining of members from each. “And to what do I owe this surprise visit?” She said with a warm smile as she greeted them.
User Image
Xanthus was more than nervous. Or was he? He wasn’t sure at this point. All he knew was that he cared deeply about Abidemi and he wanted to let Naveen know. Though he was almost sure everyone knew how he looked at her. So it was probably only a matter of time that he finally was able to make this sort of an announcement. He looked back at Abidemi, who had said she would go with him, and gave her a nervous smile. She nudged his hindquarters with a small laugh in reassurance and the two of them came down around the bend towards the river that ran through the packs lands.
And there stood Naveen. She had been so much like a mother to him and he was grateful for that. He would never be able to repay that kind of kindness. Well, perhaps one day, but as of right now there was no way he could do that. So informing her of this first (next to Abidemi of course) was the next best thing he could do at this point. ’And to what do I owe this surprise visit?’ The sound of her voice echoed through his ears and seemed to send his hearing into a buzzing fit. He swallowed deeply for a moment and approached with an awkward grin. “I-We, have something we would like to share with you.” He said correcting himself as he had started.

He remained standing and contemplated sitting but he suddenly seemed rooted to the spot. Why was he nervous about this? He should be excited! He shook his head slightly and felt Demi beside him and her warmth and scent soothed him then. “I have asked Abidemi to be mine and she has agreed.” He gave Naveen the toothiest grin as the words left his maw because it was truly one of the best things he could have ever said aloud. “Though, she is going to be staying with the Tangambili for the time being. For diplomacy reasons anyway.”
User Image
Abidemi realized she had been holding her breath as he had been speaking and let it out as soon as he had finished. “We figured it would be best this way. Me staying with my pack. It’s a good alliance I believe. Which isn’t the reason we decided to do this.” She interjected at the end. Their love wasn’t some fabricated tale so they could have a reason to join the two packs with more than just a verbal agreement to be allies. At least now they would be joined formally. Through blood.

That wasn’t something that could be so easily broken, at least, she didn’t think so. Plus, if the two of them were to have pups soon, that would be even more of an unbreakable bond between the two packs. The thought of them having pups made her eyes twinkle and a small grin formed upon her maw. She glanced over at Xanthus and wondered if they should try to have some soon? There was no rush. Though. It was always a thought. She could discuss it with him later, there really was no need to rush such a thing, if it happened, it happened.

Naveen couldn’t help but be excited about the news and her tail showed it. Though she kept her composure. “That’s great news, and I feel privileged that you decided to share this with me first.” She came forward and touched the side of her muzzle against Xanthus’ neck and then to Abdiemis’ in an informal kind of hug gesture. Oh she couldn’t wait to tell Adolfo! This was beyond great news. “Where do you think you’ll do the joining?” She figured in the Tangambili’s lands, since Abidemi was from there, but it honestly was up to the two of them. Oh what a ceremony that would be. It would definitely be an event to behold. Both packs would have to attend, no doubt about that.

“Of course we would tell you first. Well. I would anyway. I don’t think Demi has told her mother yet.” He looked over at her. “Right?” He figured she hadn’t, if she had he was unaware of it. His ears perked and he shrugged. They hadn’t really thought about where yet. ”We haven’t decided yet.” Abidemi agreed with a small nod of her head.

Abidemi laughed. “No, I haven’t told her yet. I kind of want to tell my sisters first.” She let out a laugh as she sighed. “They’re going to have the time of their life wanting to dress me up in everything that Cheshi has made.” She said thinking about it. It was true. That girl was going to want her to wear the best of the best on such a day. She would probably have to set some ground rules with her sister but she was sure that it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Maybe she could let her decorate the place, just not her.

Xanthus recalled her sisters’ enthusiasm for attire and he shuddered at the thought of her wanting to dress him up. He looked over at her and raised a brow in defense. “Is she going to want to dress me up?” He gave her a semi-mortified look as a joke.

She shoved him and shook her head. “It’s going to be nice to be able to call you a mother of mine Naveen. You truly have been so wonderful to Xanthus.” She said with a bow of her head towards the grey female. It was true, without Adolfo and Naveen raising him, who knew if they might have ever met. She was thankful.

Naveen would have blushed if she had the lighter coloring for it and she gave Abidemi a smile. “You flatter me. Thank you.” She figured it was high time she went to find her counterpart and let him know of the good news. “Well, I’ll leave you two to get down to the nitty gritty about planning and all that.” She said with a wink. “I’m going to go find Adolfo and let him know of the good news.”

Xanthus nudged Naveens shoulder lightly and gave her a light bow of his head. “Travel safe.” With that they each went off in their own direction to do what needed to get done.

[Word Count: 1291]