User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Holo had stuck around for a few days and had shared all he knew with the leopardess. He was contemplating on whether or not he might stick around for the long haul. He really did need a place to settle down. Didn't he? If anything he would keep this pride in the back of his mind. He headed back towards part of the river that was farther north from where he had first laid eyes on the brown leopardess. He walked to the cool waters and dipped his head and took a drink.
10:00 PM

User Image

Servilla wasn't far away, and she smiled when she saw the leopard who had stuck around for a while. She wasn't sure if he would stay for the long haul, after all they were a traditional sort and even though her grandmother was open to new members she could be... intimitdating, at times.

"Hello, sir Holo." Servilla said, padding up towards him and taking a seat at the banks. "I was beginning to think you might have left without saying goodbye." She wasn't sure he was the sort who would do such a thing.
10:04 PM
AstoriaFallen
His ears flicked and eyes and head followed the sound of a familiar voice. The only soul to whom he had gotten to know the last few days. He gave her a smile and shook his head. "Oh no, of course not. I'm not the sort to just up and leave without saying farwell to someone I consider a friend."
10:09 PM

Servilla beamed, liking the idea of making a friend from outside the pride. "Thank you. I'm glad to hear it. Things can be... complicated, with my family as they are. It's nice to have someone outside of that." She admitted, shrugging helplessly, waiting on the shore for him.

"I wish you'd gotten a chance to see us at our best. Or even that I had. My grandmother and my Uncles grew up in a temple that the humans built before any of us were born... it collapsed during a storm. My Uncle Augustus was trapped inside it for Gods' know how long... I don't even think he does."

She admitted, drifting off into the old stories she had been told. "He tells such wonderful stories about it... my grandmother too. There was far too much damage to stay and rebuild but..." She looked down. "I wish I could find somewhere like it. That's what I really hope to find. It would be a sign."
10:18 PM
AstoriaFallen
He listened as she went on a tail of her family and the things in which they had accomplished. He moved towards her and listened about her Uncle Augustus and her grandmother. "Perhaps I shall get to meet them one day." He said with a smile. He meant that.

He was curious about stuff in which she had just described. "It sounds like your family is rich with history." His own was not, but that did not make his dull. "I pray that you and your own may once again find a place to pay such homage to." Perhaps all he had shared had helped her a bit. He had no seen such human built temples or buildings before.
10:24 PM

"If you'd like to meet them, they're here. I'd avoid my Uncle Octavian unless he uh... suits your fancy?" He'd get that, right? He's pretty much been that was as long as she'd known him, but telling a new friend to avoid her uncle because he'd probably be lured into bed with him seemed a BIT much. "But my Uncle Augustus is usually hunting or guarding us... he's our strongest warrior, I think."

She looked thoughtful, "My grandmother Atia has the most knowledge of anyone I know... she survived the plague that struck before the quake, then the quake itself... and when we... when our people began to fall appart, she kept the leopards together. I'm sure she has stories she hasn't even told me." She chuckled a little, wondering if that was true.

"And yes... I pray every day that we'll find something like it. It would feel like a sign. That maybe we could finally have a true home again."
55 mins ago
AstoriaFallen
He chuckled when she spoke of her Uncle Octavian. "Well, it wouldnt the first time I met the type." He said giving her a wink. He could handle his own with those savvy types. He himself didn't fancy that sort of thing but he didn't dislike those that did. Everyone was different, who was he to judge. "Both of your Uncles still sound like notable leopards to meet."

He listened as she spoke about her grandmother and it seemed that she was the person whom she seemed to value out of them. "Your Grandmother seems like a very strong Leopardess. I would be as proud as you are when describing her from what you've just told me if she were my own." He said as he looked at her.

"I'm sure that in time you and yours shall have such a thing." He said looking around. Perhaps not here, but somewhere nearby and perhaps soon. He couldn't imagine living like that, having a home and then having it taken away. "You are all very strong for the troubles you have faced in the wake of things."
52 mins ago

"I wish all of us were..." Servilla trailed off sadly, "My grandmother, my uncles, they are so strong... my parents aren't like that." Something she couldn't help but she her bitterness about. "My parents... my siblings... we have such a strong family and they..." She cut herself off. No point in getting into that.

"What about you, Holo? You've been here almost a week, but I don't know that much about you. Did you always travel as you do now?"
45 mins ago
AstoriaFallen
He could see she was at war with herself when it came to talking about specific family members so he let it go. He wasn't going to dig into it unless she freely talked about it on her own. He just left it as it was and raised a brow.

"Me?"

He gave a friendly smirk and sat down, curling his tail over his feet. "I have a rather large family. I have 6 siblings, two of which are my twin." He said with a smile. "I don't really talk to them that much. I met one of my cousins not too long ago, and believe it or not, she is a cheetah."

He wondered if she would believe that. It wasn't unheard of these days. "I do travel quite a bit. I like getting to see everything."
38 mins ago

"A cheetah? Really? I'd have never guessed." Servilla laughed, glad to change the topic really. Anything but her mothers. Her siblings. Traitors. Every one of them. "I supposed you did know what I meant when I talked about my Uncle Octavian then, who knows what's out there with our blood." She laughed, shaking her head.

She didn't share her grandmother's overt hatred for hybrids by any means. They were creatures like any other, and she did not blame them for simply living. Their parents likely had no reason to keep bloodlines pure, no family name to uphold. It wasn't like that for them.

"Twins... that must be wonderful. Having someone who looks like you."
27 mins ago
AstoriaFallen
"I know right? I never would have guessed either. She was a real sweetie." He said remembering meeting her. She was a good kid, though she'd be an adult by now. Had it been so long?

He laughed when she brought up Octavian. "Oh yes, I know exactly what you meant." He said letting out a long breath. It wouldn't be the first time someone had tried to get into his fur that wasn't of the opposite sex.

"One happens to be a girl, so minus that and our eyes we all are pretty identical. It's not bad if you want to blame your siblings for something you did." He said with a mischevious grin.
19 mins ago

Servilla burst out laughing, loving that idea. "My siblings and I all looked very different, so we couldn't really do anything like that... I cheated and would tell on them for something I'd done so they'd get in trouble instead of me."

She giggled a little, shaking her head. "Gods above... I was a bit of a terror when I was younger. But I think my grandmother encouraged it. Being clever. I think she'll like you, if you get the chance to meet her." Though it was hard to say with Atia. Her grandmother could be... tricky, at times.

"None of them had eyes like mine. But I wouldn't have minded... waking up and seeing someone who looked just like me. I'd have probably done something silly like try and convince someone they were seeing illusions and the like." She wished things had been different. That they'd been stronger.
13 mins ago
AstoriaFallen
He listened as she burst out laughing and the sound was warming to his soul. How long had it been since he had heard genuine laughter like such? It was a pleasing sound. "we all have those stories to share. Well. Maybe not everyone, but most I think would have a tale or two."

He had never thought of anything clever as such but if he had, oh the troubles they all could have gotten into. "Wish I'd of thought of stuff like that when I was younger." He said recalling those days. "I think I might like her if we ever had the opportunity to meet."
9 mins ago

"You should!" Servilla stood up, nodding her head, "Come with me? I know I saw Augustus earlier, she's usually nearby. I'd like for you to at least meet them, even if you must leave at some point... if we ever cross paths again, or you see someone and I'm not there, I'd hope you'd be able to find me." She smiled, happy to offer, and finding herself meaning it.

He made her laugh, made her smile... she couldn't remember the last time she'd done either of those things. It mattered. Back when the pride had been 'whole' she had been so happy... she'd be safe. Her friends and family, no one worried about where their next meal would come from.

It was good to have a friend.
1 min ago
AstoriaFallen
"I would like that. Lead the way m'dear." He was glad that he had met her. She was interesting and she had a lot of history to her. She was definitely a friend worth having and he was glad that he had traveled this way afterall.