Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Shells for Fortunes (Vellamo x Maji)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:23 pm
User Image

Vellamo wasn't doing a whole lot of anything today. Well, she had gone to the beach and she had fished out something to eat for lunch, but other then that she was pretty bored. The hyena was currently lying in the sand trying to come up with something entertaining to spend her day doing. She could go and try and find a mortal to rob, that was always fun. Or she could go and sniff around for some new seashells for her growing collection.

With a sigh she decided that neither of those options seemed favorable for today. Robbing mortals required she put on a friendly face and trick them into thinking she meant no ill harm. Although always a good source for a laugh and new treasures, it was also somewhat exhausting for Vellamo. Having puppies kind of sucked the energy out of you. Granted, her puppies were all grown up now and could take care of themselves, but that didn't make them any less of a pain in her butt.

"Hmm." She hummed. Maybe she'd read some prophecies and fortunes, she didn't have to play nice to do that...

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:07 pm
User Image

Maji had yet to have much luck in the ‘love’ department. Her mother was excellent at finding the right idiotic males to trick into falling in love with her. Maji didn't have those skills. She had inherited her mother’s looks as well as some personality traits. Her skills in seduction did not pass however.

Around her neck was a pouch of shells. When she left the pride she would hide the shells away, to make sure she wouldn’t break them while out in the rogue lands. However when she was in the pride there was little reason to have them hidden away.

She kept her eyes out for one of the oracles in the pride. When her mother was alive she had trusted the oracles.

As she walked around, her mind thinking about her loveless life, she spotted one of the oracles. Her eyes panned up and down hyena. She took a deep breath in. The worst part of getting your fortune told was sometimes it wasn’t a good fortune. It was a risk Maji knew. Regardless she approached the oracle with a soft smile on her eyes.

“Hello Vellamo,” She greeted her fellow Kukoa. “I was wondering if you were busy?”

CaliWolfe

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:30 pm
Vellamo had closed her eyes, almost considered drifting off when she noticed something had blocked out the sun. The hyena opened one of eyes to see who had dared to interrupt her sun bathing although almost relaxed when she recognized the lioness as a fellow Kukoa.

"Fortune it is then." She muttered under her breath. The only reason people seemed to visit her was because either her sons had done something stupid again, or they wanted a fortune told. She didn't mind though, it gave her a chance to converse with them, and if she felt like she was in a bad mood they'd have to put with her bad mood if they wanted their fortune told! So in a way it was a win-win situation. Sort of.

"Nope, not busy. What'a need?" She asked, sitting up in the sand now instead of laying in it. She felt sand still stuck in her mane of fur but she didn't bother shaking off seeing as it wasn't a horrible problem for her. Besides, she didn't need to look professional, right?

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:42 pm
Maji cleared her throat. “I am having some issues finding love.” It was of course an embarrassing situation to have for a lioness like her. “My mother was always so good at finding an idiot male and stealing all his precious belongings. I have yet to have this sort of luck. Males have little interest in me. What I would like to know is if my luck is going to change?”

She felt like a disgrace to her diseased mother who had tried to teach her all the tricks of getting a male’s attention. Even if Vellamo saw only bad luck in her future, Maji was determined to continue on her path. She would just have to change her style a bit.

Carefully she pulled a couple of her shells out of her pouch. She only collected shells that were in perfect condition. There were no chips on any of her shells. She handed the shells to Vellamo.

CaliWolfe

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:53 am
Vellamo took the shells and held them in her paw. No cracks, no dents, not even a chip or a scratch. These shells were cared for very well, and a very well cared for shell meant they were important. Having just been given important shells meant that the lioness was serious about this.

Carefully placing the shells next to her Vellamo turned and faced Maji. "Luck huh?" The hyena closed her eyes and hummed to herself as she thought for a moment. Lucky, good luck, bad luck, fate, the future. If anyone had asked what she was thinking, it was purely revolving around luck and the alike. There was no evidence of course, but she found if thought about certain things before invoking a vision she was more likely to get a vision based on that topic. Whereas if she just had a vision without thinking about certain things it tended it just be wild and random, such as what Maji would eat for dinner.

Love. She thought about that as well, and when Vellamo opened her eyes she held out her paw. "Give me your paw, it helps visions come."

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:26 pm
Maji took a deep breath in. This was it. She would find out if she was a hopeless case who would never find love. She would be an utter embarrassment to her mother and her grandmother, but at least she would know the truth. If the news was bad, her life would not be over. There were other ways she could be useful to the pride.

Maji carefully held out her paw to Vellamo and closed her eyes. She could feel her own heart beat pulse faster with anxiety. It took all her will to keep herself from shaking. “I’m ready to know.” She said quietly.

CaliWolfe

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:10 pm
"Alright then." Vellamo nodded and took Maji's paw in hers.

The oracle's vision came near instantly, and for some reason Vellamo had not braced herself for that. Usually it took a couple seconds for the vision to surge towards, but not always. She should have expected it, or at least that's what she told herself in the few seconds she had before the vision overtook her senses.

Her eyes rolled back to reveal the whites and every so often during the vision she'd mumble something not quite clear enough to be heard. Her heart was beating at an accelerated speed and it wasn't until she violently ripped her paw away from Maji's that Vellamo regained her senses.

The oracle had her eyes squeezed shut, taking a moment to remember her vision in it's entirety. "Hmm. Yes, okay, got it." She spoke to herself, and then flicked her eyes open when ready to speak. "You will have many misfortunes when finding love- by that I mean a long lasting love, but if you carry on your current path then..." She paused for a moment to take a deep breath. "You will have many short-lived loves. A day soon will come when the mortal-men will find you charming and you will be unable to resist said charm. A long-lasting love however, although I can see it, know that it is far in your future from now."

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 pm
Maji stared in silence as Vellamo worked, not wanting to interrupt the hyena. When Vellamo moved her paws, it started Maji, but she quickly regained her composure.

She took in every word Vellamo said. Soon, she thought, soon males would find her attractive. This was exactly the news she wanted to hear. “Thank you so much Vellamo!” She couldn’t help but have a cheerful tone in her voice. “Were you able to see what any of the males looked like by chance? Or when I’ll be ready to start being alluring to them? Or where I have to go to, to find them.” Question after question popped in her mind.

‘And a long lasting relationship,’ Maji thought with wonder. She wondered who it would be with. Only time would tell.

CaliWolfe

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:41 pm
"Er, right, no problem." If her purple fur wasn't in the way one could almost tell that Vellamo was blushing. She wasn't used to being thanked really. Usually she was too busy insulting her uncles because they had done something stupid again, or she was fooling rogues and laughing about it hysterically. Or watching pups, that happened a lot nowadays as well. Being thanked for her visions though? That wasn't something that happened overly a lot.

Then Maji opened her mouth again and ruined the moment. "Woah, uh. Slow down visions take time to remember y'know... Can't answer all that at once." She mumbled under the onslaught of continuous questions from the excited lioness. 'Oh boy, here we go.' She thought to herself.

"Well, I know you'll have to go somewhere with lot of... grass, to find the males n'all. It was really bright in the vision so maybe it's probably a really bright grass place." Of course, her visions always tended to be bright and blinding anyways, they were usually flashes here and there of the future which made it hard to see or distinguish anyone but... "And uh... Mmm. Come to think of it now it was a tad too bright to see what the males looked like. So I can't answer that one, sorry."

Ah and... There was another question wasn't there? Oh yes, when she'd start looking alluring to the males. "Pretty soon, can't say exactly when but... The males will find you really attractive shortly, no worries about that!"

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:23 pm
Maji listened carefully to every word, memorizing every detail. Her life would soon change for the better. Males would be lining up to get her attention and she would trick them and steal their things. Her mother and grandmother would be proud of her.

She bowed her head to Vellamo. “You have truly been given a great gift. Thank you for helping me.” She said with a giddy voice. “I would like to come visit you again. There are always questions that I need to be answered though I’ll try only to bring you important questions. I’ll be sure to find some beautiful shells to bring to you.”

She hoped that the males she would run across were handsome, of course, she had no issues stealing from unattractive lions, however, she rather have pleasant looking company. And who knew, maybe she would run across a lion perfect to be the father of her cubs. She bowed her head again to Vellamo before leaving the fortune teller.

CaliWolfe

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas