Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Seminars/ Golem Info/ Missions/ Promotions
[PRP] Gone Fishing - Isaac x Maebe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:12 pm
Maebe had wanted an hour, and Isaac was going to put that hour to good use. After all, there were sandwiches to be made, lines to be weighted, tackle to be packed and hairs to be brushed. Isaac started with his hair; he left it loose because it was what he usually did, and after dressing in jeans and the one thick cable-knit sweater he'd thought to bring with him, he packed everything up and headed from the basement to the kitchen.

There, he made six sandwiches. Three were peanut butter, plain, and three had jelly.

He'd wasted thirty minutes.

Humming thoughtfully to himself, Isaac packed everything up (again) and made his way to room one-twenty-one. For lack of anything better to do, he set up camp right outside of Maebe's door and did what any patient man who really wanted to go fishing would do.

He waited.

Nio Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:57 pm
He hadn't forgotten. She had, until the inevitable message came to tell her that today was the day they went fishing. It was better, this way. She hadn't been dreading it because she hadn't been thinking about it until an hour before it was time to go. That hour housed all of the displeasure she had left to think of when it came to fishing, but it was tempered by the typical distractions involved with physical preparation.

She picked out an outfit. She re-read America's advice on outfits. She put the skirt away with a melancholy filled sigh. Eventually, the pants came out, though she was loathe to consider it. They were white skinny jeans, and when she put them on, they were loose. Her hand slid under them for a moment, wondering at the inch or so of space that hadn't been there before. The last few months had been the most active of her life, with missions and spars and kicking a**. She needed to eat better, if she was going to keep being so alive. She was going to have like, fifty peanut butter sandwiches. Or three, seeing as there may be a limited supply.

She'd just finished her makeup, and was in the process of combing all of her hair out, when she opened her door to head to the bathroom. This was the moment, distracted by the feel of a good brushing, that she tripped on something large sitting in front of her doorway waiting for her to get ready. She fell face to the floor, and laid there for a moment, contemplating her life choices for the millionth time that week.

pinchmonster

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:07 pm
Isaac really wasn't sure what happened until someone tripped over his legs - he immediately felt awful. Very quickly rolling to his knees, he hovered over the woman. He was certain he looked as inadequate as he felt, but what if she had done something awful like break her nose or otherwise harm herself, all because he had thought the hallway the best place for him to sit? It did not even strike him that this was Maebe; Isaac had been day-dreaming, quite honestly, about fishing (because of course he had).

"Helloooo, I am so very sorry, I should not have been sitting on the floor but I was waiting for my friend to come along, hah, are you okay? Should I go for help? Can you sit up? Did you break anything? Maybe you should not move. Hello? Are you okay?"

He poked her shoulder with a broad finger. Maybe she'd passed out?
Nio Love

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 pm
She wasn't hurt, save for her ego, but when she turned around to get a look at what she'd tripped over (though she'd already figured it out, Isaac spoke in a manner that was entirely his own) she let out a long, low whistle.

"Ten out of ten, did not disappoint." She slowly arched up to sitting position, and shook her head. "I'm fine. No injuries. I should have looked where I was going, it's my fault. This wasn't the best introduction I've ever managed." Her hand extended out to him, and a lazy smile lifted the features of her upturned face. "Hello, Isaac the fisher. Let's hope I just got all my clumsiness out in one go, here. So I don't go falling out of the boat and drowning in your care, mmm?"

God, but he was a big man. There was so much of him, from his body, to his beard, to his hair. It was a lot to take in at once, from such close quarters. She did her best.

pinchmonster

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:54 pm
He blushed as he took her hand and gave a gentle shake. He did not want to hurt her, after all. She was very little compared to him, and also very blonde.

Not that that had anything to do with anything.

"Unfortunately - or, perhaps fortunately - there is no boat, Maebe. I was thinking I could build a small one in my spare time, but from the sounds of it I will die if I go on the ocean with it - so probably I will not build one because I do not want to die."

His cheeks turned redder. Isaac cleared his throat.

"I am glad you are not hurt," he continued as he rose to his feet, tugging her up so she could stand, as well.

Nio Love

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:21 pm
"Oh. Actually, that's-" Her sentence was cut off by a strangled sound of surprise when he helped her up, accidentally pulling her so fast that she was both standing and moving, face first into his chest. It was hard enough to actually hurt, and that was impressive.

She took a step back, rubbed her nose gently, and then patted the wall in front of her. "That's. Yeah. What - right, the boat." The thoughts had been shaken out of her brain for the moment, and she shook her head to get them back. "I'm glad, actually. I don't think I was ready to be out on a boat fishing just yet. I mean, for my first time. We should go slow." She paused, and let out a snicker. There was no ignoring that one.

"So, lead the way, fishing professor. You've got one clueless student in front of you." To punctuate, she patted the wall of chest again. For good measure.

pinchmonster
is ur body redy

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:41 am
Isaac sometimes did not know his own strength, as evidenced by the way Maebe flew into his chest at lightning speed. He hoped, very deeply, that she had not broken her nose on his pectorals. It would have been a tragedy, as her nose was really quite perfect the way it was. It was kind of button-like, with a nice tilt to it that reminded Isaac of maybe a cat. A very proud cat. Maebe was like a cat, too, probably. Only maybe not as graceful.

Lost for a moment in his thoughts, Isaac peered down at her worriedly.

"We will go slow. No need to rush things. Slow is better. If you take your time, you will not miss anything. It is more rewarding that way. You will catch more fish if you do it slow."

After assuring himself that Maebe's cat-like nose was not broken (maybe it was not so much like a cat nose, he decided, but just a very nice nose because cat noses were oftentimes wet, and Maebe's nose did not look wet at all), Isaac bent to gather their supplies. He held out a brown paper sack for Maebe to take, exclaiming, "Sandwiches!" before moving down the hall, arms full.

"I am not a fishing professor," Isaac began, "I am more of a fishing enthusiast."

Nio Love

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:26 pm
"Sandwiches!" She yelped out, arms in the air to mimic the excitement he exuded. She did not actually share the excitement, but his innocence demanded that she at least fake it. Then he turned to walk away, with all of his supplies and bag in hand. She held nothing in hers, because her phone was in her little shorts pocket, and her makeup mirror was in the other one.

"Uh, do you need some help with that?" She offered, feeling a little out of place just following the burly, encumbered man around. "I can carry the sandwiches, if you want. I promise I won't eat them until we're at the fishing spot." And perhaps not even then - she was a fickle eater, at best. Truly, she would be a disappointment.

"And technically," She corrected him with a sly smirk. "You are a professor, because you're about to teach me how to fish. So you're my professor. That's how that works. And if I do badly, you offer me some extra credit. And I show up to - wait, no, that's not how it works in real school. Sorry."

Clearly, she had very skewed memories of high school.

pinchmonster

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Seminars/ Golem Info/ Missions/ Promotions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers