Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 pm
demonstration_evil
I'll have this take place before the chaos that is going on in the pride

User Image
It was a nice enough day that Ildy decided that exploring the outskirts of the Suka'fumos lands was a good idea. She truly hadn't wandered far from where the pride was established so this was her first out and about. It made her a little nervous but all the same she figured what would the harm be.

She flicked her tail slightly as she realized that the forest was thinning and now she was upon the outskirts of her home and the rougelands. She looked around and blinked. It wasn't what she expected. Or was it. It was pretty vast and almost empty looking. Very dry and dusty, not like the mountains and forests that surround her normally.

She wasn't much of a neat freak but at this she was slightly concerned about how dirty she might get.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 am
User Image

There was no possible way, shape, or form that Falk could hate his current location more than he did at present. It was dusty, it was windy, there was sand in his mane, and with the dirt caked on him he very nearly looked brown.

"Oh, follow the setting sun, your vision says. There's something worth perusing out there, it said. I say it was probably just a dream and not a vision at all. That's what I say. Thanks a lot." He looked up at the sky, cursing nothing in particular really. However it did also mean his mouth was now full of sand.

"Oh that's just perfect." He grumbled, spitting and gagging. There HAD to be some kind of watering hole around. Or anything that WASN'T where he had somehow wound up.

He didn't even notice he wasn't as alone as he'd previously thought.

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:42 pm
demonstration_evil

As she was busy finicking with herself she honestly hadn't the slightest notion that she was no longer alone. The sight of the pale male startled her at first because she was so preoccupied that she almost let out a small yelp, but it turned into more of a throat clear as she caught it mid squeak. "Umm. Hello, I didn't see you there." She said almost too quickly. She was embarrassed and she was rushing what she was saying now. She took a quick moment to calm down and stayed where she was. She really didn't know much about this lion and he could be unfriendly for all she knew. Best to be prepared then to not be. "My name is Ildy, what is yours? If you don't mind me asking that is."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:27 pm
Falk nearly jumped a foot in surprise, spinning and looking at the lioness who had somehow snuck up on him. Yes, clearly snuck up on him. A master of stealth. No other way he could be caught unawares like that.

No. Other. Way.

"Yes... I... sorry. To sneak up on you. Yes. Falk is my name. Pleasure to meet you." He said, bowing and still trying to get the sand out of his mouth. "I don't mind at all. I wasn't... I didn't... Falk. Like I said. Is my name." He glanced around, "Look uh... this is going to sound really stupid, but I have literally no idea where I am. I'm looking for a pride or... stories?" He had no idea how he was supposed to take advantage of this. "Are you... from a pride or... have a story? Or... I tell stories." Badly, but he did tell them.

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:05 am
demonstration_evil

Ildy was actually a little surprised that he was just as unaware as she. This was good news, right? She listened as he seemed to stumble over his words and she couldn't help but smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you Falk."

Stories? Hmm. She tried to rake her mind for anything but at the current moment she was drawing a blank. But she could tell him about her pride, they were a pride of entertainment after all. "Oh yes, I come from a pride. We're up in the mountains. We do have actors within our midst that play out tales though. I'm not good for them myself though." She said with a warm smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 am
"Yeah, you and me both. I figured I could be a wandering storyteller or mistral or something but... so far I've got a catalog of stories that I'm not good at telling." He couldn't even get cubs to sit down and listen for more than a few minutes. Apparently he was 'boring' even though he was SURE the stories were interesting. Who didn't like history? Everyone liked history.

...right? He liked history. Other creatures couldn't possibly be that different than he was. Maybe he just lacked the finer points... bad tone and inflection maybe? Or maybe he was just kind of crap at this, but he couldn't really think of anything else he'd rather be doing.

"You can't be worse at it than I am anyway, so if you want to tell a total stranger your pride's history, I'm willing to listen... but if so maybe we should do it somewhere that's less dirty." And now it sounded like he was trying to hit on or possibly abduct her. Perfect. Just. Perfect. "Sorry. You're pretty and now I sound creepy. I'll see myself out... away."

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:06 am
demonstration_evil

"Oh no! You're fine. Believe me, you're not creeping anyone out." She said warmly. "Unless I have reason to be scared." She feigned with laughter in her tone. He wasn't all that bad. He seemed nice enough but one never could tell but either way, she wasn't worried.

"And I assure you, I have no knack for any type of story telling. I truly do not." She said as she tried to rack her brain for something, anything. Pride history? She could tell him about that if he truly wanted to know about them. She wasn't sure how entertaining that would be though.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:18 am
"Me? Uh, no I don't think so." Falk blinked, rubbing a streak of sand off his face. "I mean... I think I'm pretty normal. Except for the... not being able to talk, clearly." He said, really not sure how else to respond to that. "And it's alright.... if you don't have any stories. I can pretty much... keep looking. It's what I do."

"Would you like to... get out of the sun? There're some trees over there and I think it'll probably be more... well, I'm less likely to pass out anyway. So I'm heading over there... you can come if you'd like. And all." He shuffled away, trying to make himself sound like less of an idiot. Or at least feel like less of an idiot.

It wasn't working.

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 pm
demonstration_evil

""Oh, you're not all that bad." She said trying to reassure him the best she could. "If you wanted you could always come back to my pride with me and listen to some stories there if you like?" She said in his response to get out of the sun.

They truly weren't that far from home and it wouldn't be any trouble at all.

"And i'll be happy to join you in some shade." He might not be able to talk the way he probably wanted, but he had some charm to him. At least she thought so anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:28 am
"Oh... really? Do you have storytellers and the like there?" They might actually be able to help him. He wasn't terribly concerned about being attacked, she was friendly enough so that... probably meant that they would be polite? He didn't think he exactly looked threatening. Not exactly the brave looking warrior he'd fancied himself as a cub.

"I mean, no offense but you seem as good at telling tales as I do." Not that it mattered so much if she didn't want to be a storyteller like he did. Maybe time to consider different career options... "What do you do? I mean, like... hunting or guarding or cub-sitting? That's all stuff you guys have to plan out right? In prides." He'd never been in one himself, but that seemed to be more or less how those worked.

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 am
demonstration_evil

"We have entertainers of the sort. They act out stories and such through different forms." She said trying to explain it in a way that would make sense.

She was trying to figure out if he meant that she sucked at telling stories or she could possibly be good if she wanted to be. Either way she just shrugged it off.

What did she do? "Honestly, I don't really have a significant role except for the fact I'm a noble." She said pawing at one of her feet with the other momentarily. "We have those other ranks, the ones you just mentioned. But none of those are my MAIN role. I can do them though if I chose."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:42 am
"Oh..." Falk trailed off. He was vaguely aware that 'nobles' existed but he'd never really understood what that meant. "So like... nobles are leaders, right? Like Gods but normal lion folk who make sure everything works, yeah? I've been... well, a wanderer my whole life, so I've heard of them but I don't actually know what they do."

That could be useful to storytelling, couldn't it? He knew about pride leaders and warriors and such, but he was also vaguely aware of nobility sometimes not exactly being respected as a 'good thing'. He was pretty sure that was why his family had never joined a pride. Ita seemed like a decent enough lioness though, so she was maybe one of the not-lazy lions.

"I mean, I expect they're supposed to make sure things run smoothly. Do you do that?"

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 pm
demonstration_evil

"Umm... Kind of... Not really?" She said thinking about it for a moment. "I guess so. I haven't really done much leadership stuff." What a lot of help she was right?

"And yes, I suppose that would be true. To a point anyway." He was actually probably correct on the matter but she really hadn't ever paid much attention to any of that stuff. Maybe she should start to do that.

"Well.. I haven't done any leadership kind of stuff yet... Though I've never really been around many others." She needed to stop being a hermit.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:03 pm
"So... you just kind of... what? Hang out?" Falk asked, not meaning to be rude but also probably being extremely rude. "Doesn't that get kind of boring? I thought prides were supposed to have a big group and... stuff?" He actually had no idea what most prides were like outside of stories he'd heard.

"I mean if you're a noble and you're supposed to lead and do stuff, shouldn't you practice at it? I mean I guess. I don't actually know how any of that works, but it seems like it's maybe... practical, right? Or I guess you could step down and do something you like better." Could nobles step down? "Can nobles step down? Would you want to? Is that allowed?"

All good questions really, he had no idea. It was probably something he should know for his histories.

demonstration_evil

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:02 am
She shook her head. He was rather frustrating. She sighed and looked over at him. "We can be anything we want within the pride if we choose." She said hoping that answered all the questions that he had. He sure did have a lot of questions.

"I would never say anything that I do is boring. I partake in quite a bit in the pride." Was she being a little defensive? Most likely, but she didn't really care.

Glancing at the sky for a moment she gave him a bow of her head. "If you wish to follow me you can take refuge for the night in my pride. I do have to get going and have a few things to take care of. It was a pleasure talking to you." She said to him giving him a moment to respond before turning around and walking back into the forest. Whether he followed or not was up to him.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff