Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Cavanaugh Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:24 pm
The Cavanaugh Family

Donovan Cavanaugh - Father (NPC)
Nora Cavanaugh - Mother (NPC)
Isobel Cavanaugh - Eldest Daughter
Maureen Cavanaugh - Youngest Daughter
Liam Cavanaugh - Son

- Weasley 4/20/15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 pm
Hi, my name is Isobel Cavanaugh

But I mostly go by Izzy

I'm a female

I'm 11 years old.

My birthday is April 26

My dream job is... well, I am not sure. I have always wanted to travel, perhaps I will find something in the wizarding world which will allow that?

My blood status is muggleborn.

The school I will be going to is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The house I'm in is (put which house you were sorted into. If you are making a muggle family member, remove this option)

I'm interested in boys.

I'm currently with no one.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm odd; though, I believe this is not so much a description of my personality as it is referring to the odd things that happen around me. I recall being considered quite normal when I was very young. It wasn’t until the strange things started happening that people began saying I was odd. Still, I never had trouble making friends. I did find that at times I did not want to be around them, though. Introverted, my mother said. Which some people think means I am shy, but that’s not really the case. I do not have trouble interacting with people, I just find that I also value my time to myself. I am also naturally curious; I tend to get into things I should not rather often. It can be quite frustrating for my parents. They constantly worry about me getting my younger siblings into trouble, but I would much rather they stay out of it, to be honest. I always get into more trouble when they are involved, and it can be quite annoying. Oh, I love them, of course, but I’d much rather spend time with children my own age, and who are not likely to accidentally, say, get themselves stuck in a tree, or locked in a trunk in the attic.

My background story is rather interesting, or I thought it so, until I was told that I was a witch. I suppose it isn’t actually all that uncommon for someone in my circumstances, but I shall tell it anyway. My parents were married when they were very young, a lovely couple who fell madly head over heels in love with one another. They had not been dating a full year when they wed; you’d think this would be cause for concern, but I have never seen anyone who loved one another more. I was born almost exactly nine months after their wedding, though I have always suspected that I was actually conceived a week or so beforehand. Two years later came my sister, and then my brother two years after that. They decided three was enough children, and my father had a vasectomy, a fact I have always been rather thankful for in retrospect. Two younger siblings is quite enough, I assure you.
My life was quite normal for the earlier half of my youth; I made friends easily, enjoyed their company, and found ways to keep myself entertained when I was alone. Being the eldest of three was both excellent, because I could boss my siblings around and was always the de facto leader, and horrible, because they tended to follow me about like lost puppies and never give me a moment’s peace. It was worse when I was very young, because I shared a room with my sister; when I was seven, I was given a room to myself, courtesy of my parent’s deciding to find a larger home.
Not long after I was given my own room, I discovered my powers. I say powers, is that the correct word? In any case, at first I simply thought I was dreaming, of course, because all the fantastical things seemed to happen as I was either falling asleep or waking up. It wasn’t until I woke to find myself floating over my own bed (which was quite startling, I assure you) that I realized it was all really happening. I was afraid at first, and tried to keep it a secret, but one evening I became very angry with my brother and caused all the lights in the living room to burst. There was no mistaking that I was the source; my parents were concerned, but they assured me it was nothing to worry about. From then on, there was extra focus placed on the effort of keeping me calm and happy; I admit, I was coddled somewhat. My younger sister never showed any signs of magic, but my brother has begun to have strange things happen around him, as well. It was quite the mystery, until a letter came in the mail, and a man to our door, explaining that I was a witch (and that my brother was likely a wizard, as well).

I enjoy mysteries, real ones if I can find them, though I’m not adverse to finding them between the pages of a book. I also am rather fond of dreary, rainy days, which is rather good since I live in England. I like breakfast foods more than any other, especially fruit tarts or omelets. My favorite season is Springtime, though my mother will say that’s only because of my birthday. Actually, I like it because of the flowers; dreary weather serves a purpose when it makes them bloom so beautifully. And, most of all, I like having a few hours a day to myself, where I can either tuck myself away with a book, or explore on my own, with no one to annoy or interrupt me.

I despise my siblings. Not really, but, they are quite annoying. Being the eldest I suppose is a more accurate explanation; I can’t help but think they’d annoy me less if they were older. I also despise when people comment on my quiet nature; I am not shy, far from it, I simply do not feel the need to raise my voice. I strongly dislike most vegetables, with the exception of sweet ones. I have little patience for arrogance or stupidity, though I suppose the argument could be made that it is because I am myself quite arrogant. I have never quite seen that, but it’s what I’ve been told. And, I despise loud noises of any sort, other than the sound of thunder, which I of course love.

I'm afraid of drowning; I had a very bad experience as a child. I don’t like to talk about it very much, it’s quite distressing.

My strengths are that I am quite intuitive, and quick on my feet.

My flaws are… my arrogance, I suppose, and perhaps the fact that I do not quite see the flaws within myself.

I look like Mackenzie Foy.

My wand is a 9 inches, Acacia with Dragon Heartstring.

My pet is a cat, named Bandersnatch. He’s quite old, I’ve had him since a little after my brother was born. I was rather hoping my parents would allow me an owl, but they think it’s too odd. I shall have to try again next year.

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 pm
Hi, my name is Maureen Cavanaugh.

But I mostly go by Reena.

I'm a female.

I'm 9 years old.

My birthday is November 26.

My dream job is stunt double.

My blood status is Muggle.

The school I go to is City of London School for Girls.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm something of a wild child, at least according to my parents. In reality, I don’t think I’m any worse than my elder sister or younger brother, I just happen to be louder and more obvious. Isobel’s quiet when she does things she’s not supposed to do. I’ve never mastered that, I am utterly lacking in grace. I am clumsy, and loud, and I find that I don’t have much of a verbal filter. I never really learned to be polite, I find that it’s pointless. Niceties are wasted on people I dislike. I would much rather be honest and tell someone to their face that I have a problem with them. Normally, once a person knows I don’t care for them, I find that they don’t bother me any longer. Personally, I find that outcome preferable to being nice to them for the sake of being nice, and having to continually interact with them. I’m quite hard-headed, but again, no more so than my siblings, I believe. I’m certainly more pleasant than Liam, he’s the most annoying, obnoxious brat I have ever seen. I suppose I could be biased against him since I have never lived with another brat, but I have never seen anyone so utterly impossible to deal with. I’ve been told that it’s only because I antagonize him, which I believe is ridiculous. I don’t antagonize him nearly as much as he antagonizes me.

My background story is incredibly, horribly boring. I’m the middle child. No one seems to understand what that means, unless they were also the middle child. I don’t get the respect my elder sister does, I don’t get the coddling my younger brother does, I don’t get anything. It’s made even worse by the fact that I’m apparently the only one without magic. My parents give Izzy everything she wants, just to keep her from getting angry and blowing out all the lights again. Liam always got everything he wanted anyway, but now that he’s magical as well, they’re even worse. It’s horrible. Meanwhile they never notice me, never see me, except when they are scolding me. If I’m not in trouble, I might as well not exist. I am the only one who never seems to get what I want. If asked what we want for dinner, Izzy gets the first choice, Liam gets second, I get third. If we all disagree, my parents pretend to be fair and try to keep the decisions even, but I’ve kept track. Izzy gets her way much more often than Liam gets his, and it seems as though I only get mine once every couple of months or so. I rather hate sounding like I have middle child syndrome, but there’s not really anything better to call it at this point.
I’ve started to realize that I’m really looking forward to Izzy going to this fancy magic school. I’m hoping that, with her gone, perhaps things will be fairer at home. Liam will almost certainly still get his way most of the time, but I’d like to at least be taken into consideration. I don’t understand how she can be magical, and Liam can be magical, and yet I’m apparently not, but that seems to be the case. Mum said that perhaps I just haven’t figured out how to tap into it yet, but it’s not as though either Izzy or Liam somehow mastered it or anything like that. It happened by accident, and both of them did it when they were younger than I am now, so I’m quite certain I’m not magical at all. I’m trying not to think about it.

I enjoy anything exciting, really. I like being active, doing anything that keeps me moving. I greatly enjoy anything that gives me an adrenaline rush. My favorite foods are all incredibly healthy and good for energy and health. I have been accused of being addicted to sugar on a fairly regular basis, but in reality I would much rather have a granola bar than a chocolate one. People just assume that I’m addicted to sugar because of my hyperactive nature. I am quite fond of school, which seems to surprise people. I think it’s hard to grasp the concept of a person who is both hyper and also enjoys learning, but honestly, I just like being away from home, from my parents and my siblings. And I suppose that overall, school isn’t so awful. I enjoy sports as well, and am in several athletic programs at my school.

I despise the holidays. It seems odd, I’m aware. But in my home, they only seem to serve as a reminder that I’m the least favorite child. I receive gifts like my siblings, but they’re never exactly what I want. That never happens to Izzy and Liam. I strongly dislike rainy days, because I’m always trapped indoors on them. I have never managed to enjoy anything I have to do with my brother; he’s impossible. As such, being alone with him is the most horrible thing I have to ever go through. Because of that, I’m not entirely sure about my sister going to school, because I’ll be alone with him. And I absolutely cannot stand my sister’s cat, he’s absolutely horrid. I actually don’t like cats at all, but Bandersnatch and I share a special mutual hatred for one another.

I'm afraid of nothing, as far as anyone else is concerned. But, in reality, I’m honestly afraid that I’m never going to matter to anyone. My siblings don’t like me, my parents don’t care about me, and I don’t have many close friends.

My strengths are that I’m incredibly brave. I’m also very good at amusing myself.

My flaws are behaving in public, mostly. I’m also not particularly good at memorization in school, I have difficulty with any lesson that focuses on remembering information.

I look like Olivia Holt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:17 pm
Hi, my name is Liam Cavanaugh

But I mostly go by Lee

I'm a male.

I'm 7 years old.

My birthday is February 12.

My dream job is chef.

My blood status is muggleborn.

The school I will be going to is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The house I'm in is (put which house you were sorted into. If you are making a muggle family member, remove this option)

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm spoiled, but that’s just my older sisters. They say that Mum and Dad coddle me because I am the youngest, as well as being the only boy. I suppose I do tend to get my way a lot of the time, but no more so than Izzy. I don’t know why you’d ask someone else what I’m like, anyway. You should be asking me, since obviously I know better than anyone else would. I’ll pretend you did ask though, and tell you that I’m very smart, smarter than both my sisters put together. Reena hates it. She’s just jealous, though. She’s not magical like Isobel and I, and we’re both much smarter than she is as well. I’m also not nearly as nice as either of my sisters, nor as patient. I dislike having to play nice with someone I don’t like, and I have a temper that flares up quite easily. I tend to be quite stubborn, and am very set in my ways. It is difficult for me to adjust to change, unless the change is decidedly in my favor. For instance, discovering that I am almost certainly a wizard was quite welcome, since it means that I will be capable of performing such incredible feats of magic. Finding out that I could never tell anyone, however, was quite annoying.

My background story is thus; I am the youngest child in my family, born four years after my eldest sister Isobel and two after Maureen. My mother was quite excited to have a son; apparently when she discovered she was pregnant again, she was quite afraid that she had ended up with three girls, which I imagine would have been a nightmare. She has many sisters of her own, and I suppose she would know better than I do how awful it would have been. On the other hand, I’m not terribly happy about having two sisters, especially since they are older than I am. Isobel likes to think she is in charge of everything, and Maureen thinks she is in charge of me specifically. I spend a lot of time ignoring the both of them. Isobel doesn’t seem to care much as long as I leave her alone, but Maureen gets furious with me.
The first time I performed magic, it was because she was angry with me. She was yelling at me because I refused to help her clean up our playroom, when I hadn’t even made a mess. She was the one who’d taken everything out to play with; I had stayed in the corner with a coloring book all day. She began yelling at me, being very overdramatic about it, and I told her I wasn’t helping her put away her toys. She continued to yell at me, and I got angry. When my parents came to see what all the commotion was about, they found me staring Maureen down, which was quite a feat, since she is taller than I am. I was levitating, you see, so that I was roughly six inches taller than she.
By that point, of course, my parents were used to Isobel’s random outbursts of unexplained magic. “Incidents,” they called them. By the time my own magic manifested, they weren’t even all that surprised; it was actually sort of annoying. When Isobel first showed her magic, they were impossible. I remember it being a very big deal. With me, they simply frowned and looked a bit concerned, and then later I overheard them wondering what to do with two children who were so odd. They were even thankful Maureen never had any such incidents, which I’m sure would have tickled her pink if not for the fact that she was insanely jealous that both Isobel and I were different. When the letter from Hogwarts came for Isobel, of course, it explained everything, and I expect that I will also receive a letter in a few years, once I am old enough to attend. Maureen won’t, though.

I enjoy the indoors; my elder sisters are both very outdoorsy people, but I have never understood the draw. I’m also more of a night person than either of them, I dislike being up early in the mornings and would greatly prefer to only be awake at night. My favorite pastime is probably coloring or drawing, as it is quiet and I can do it alone, as I’m not particularly social. I do enjoy helping my mother in the kitchen, but this is mostly because I like to sneak bites of whatever she is cooking when she’s not looking. I’m quite fond of food, you see; it’s why I would like to grow up to be a chef.

I despise Maureen, my elder sister. Isobel isn’t so bad, really, but Maureen and I never have gotten along. I suppose despise is a strong word to use when talking about my sister, but it’s as good as any, I think. I also strongly dislike video games, possibly because she is constantly forcing me to play them with her. I just don’t find them all that appealing. I don’t like mornings, as stated before, and I absolutely hate going outside, particularly during the day. At night it’s not so terrible, but I have no interest in being outside while the sun is up. And I hate PE, because it requires me to be outside during the day, and to participate in physical activities, which I do not enjoy.

I'm afraid of the ocean; Isobel nearly drowned once, and it was quite traumatizing for me. I was only 4 at the time.

My strengths are that I am very decisive, especially for a child my age, and I am quite clever.

My flaws are that I am quick to anger, and set in my ways.

I look like Nathan Kress.

My wand is a 10 inches, Fir with Dragon Heartstring. I will receive then when I am 11 and eligible to begin Hogwarts.

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces