Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Heightened Conversation (Vari and Rakesh)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:24 pm
This was beautiful.

All her life, Vari had been used to awesome sights. From her family's mountain plain, she had been able to see the world stretching out before her: lower mountain peaks overlooked additional plains, with the foothills rolling out below the lowest peaks and the lands beyond spreading out green and mysterious. It had been a lovely sight to see every day, and the idea of losing that view had been one of the hardest hurdles to her decision to move. But in the end, the view was to be sacrificed; she had resigned herself to a life lived in a flat, simple world going forward.

Perhaps it had been snobbery on her part, she reflected with a happy sigh as she took in the sight of the meadow, delicately green in first bloom of spring. It was fresh and clean, pristine and sweet smelling, and beautifully augmented by a few early flowers. Flowers! Flowers, when the mountain meadow she'd once called home was no doubt still buried flank deep in snow! It was a wonderful sight, and brought a firm realization into her mind: she'd done the right thing. The difficult decision to leave the mountains, the loss of her view, the challenges of the journey; it was all worth it as she surveyed the sight of a lowland meadow in springtime.

Letting out a happy sigh, Vari leaned down and inhaled the fresh scent of the meadow. It was almost like being in a dream, she reflective; nothing but sun and sky, freshly waiving grasses and a day to truly enjoy her new life. Sure, there were a few kinks to be worked out; she still hadn't figured out where to live, whether she should look for a herd to join, and hadn't even met a single friend yet. Plus, the 'Lowlands' were proving a lot larger than she'd anticipated; who knew there was so much variety once you went down the mountainside?

"Things to worry about later," she said firmly to no one but herself. Today, she was just going to enjoy the meadow!

spelldancer
Generic setting, but feel free to specify more as you wish

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:04 pm
On his way to nowhere in particular, Rakesh broke though the trees at the edge of the meadow at a canter. He was enjoying the lovely day and the freedom of having nothing to do that day. It was not a ritual day and things seemed to be going well for the world so Rakesh felt no urges to try to help things along. Right now he was enjoying the feel of the air and the warmth of the sun as he emerged.

He emerged, only to stop short as he saw someone was already in the meadow. Rakesh didn’t want to break the atmosphere of the meadow with his hoof beats. He began to walk softly through the grass only to realize that this might be perceived as sneaking up on this lovely lady and that wasn’t really something he wanted to do either.

With a wicker, that came out more like a whinny and sounded entirely too cute to his ears, Rakesh announced his presence in case she hadn’t noticed him. He then decided to wait politely for her attention to move to him if that was what she wanted to do, before he would begin speaking.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:59 am
Vari had experienced some tumult on her way down from the slopes, with one nasty incident with a stranger standing out in her mind. Consequently, she really ought to have been more attentive to her surroundings; however, she still lived in her 'wholesome mountain mindset' and hadn't really gotten in the habit of being suspicious and cautious. So she was totally focused on the meadow, the flowers, and the day; the stallion was able to get quite close without Vari even realizing he was there!

At the wicker, she lifted her head with a slight start. But when she saw that it was an unthreatening-looking stallion, she gave him a shy smile. "Hello! Have you come to enjoy the meadow and the flowers as well? I think they're so pretty and springlike; it's wonderful!" She paused, realizing that she was being awfully familiar with a total stranger, and let out a slightly nervous giggle. "Sorry, don't mind me. Carry on with whatever you were doing!" Although they were out in a wide, spacious meadow, she took a couple steps to the side anyway, gesturing with a wing for the stallion to pass by as he wished. The last thing she wanted to do was inconvenience someone on a day so clearly meant to be enjoyed!

spelldancer

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 am
”My apologies to such a lovely lady. I had no intention of startling you.” Rakesh bowed his head to the mare. “It is indeed a wonderful day and deserves being appreciated by such a lovely lady.” Rakesh raised his head and smiled lightly. He had not seen this lady before and was curious of where she hailed from. Her delight in the meadow and the flowers delighted him in turn and he wanted to do nothing to tarnish that delight of hers.

“I really have nothing that I was doing but, if you allow it, I would be pleased to share the pleasure of the meadow with you.” It was such a simple thing to change the course of the day, finding a new Soquili to converse with, and yet seemed so important as well. For every being was important to Rakesh and all deserved his respect.

Cajmera
Short post is short.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 pm
At the stallion's chivalrous behavior and kind compliment, Vari let out another nervous giggle; he was being so nice! Clearly she wasn't inconveniencing him too badly, or else he was just a very nice stallion. Either way, she was pleased; she'd had enough unpleasantness on her trip down from the mountains. She'd come here to be happy, so she took it as a positive thing that the first Soquili she met in 'the Lowlands' was likewise in a good mood!

"Oh, you're very kind; and you're more than welcome to join me," she said with a flutter of her wings. "I mean, it's so beautiful and fresh and green, and there isn't a flake of snow anywhere. It's wonderful," Vari said with a happy sigh. "And it's the perfect sort of day to share with someone, so I'm glad you came along and want to visit." Realizing she was once again running off her mouth with a great deal of familiarity, Vari gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I'm very...really happy today. And I guess I tend to prattle when I'm happy." Prattling was putting what she was doing mildly, but she wasn't going to split hairs. She had someone to talk to, someone nice!

Who knew, maybe he would be her first Lowland friend!

spelldancer
Derp, sorry I took so long replying >>;

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:49 pm
Rakesh grinned at the mare’s giggle, sharing the joy in the moment. “I am Rakesh, lovely lady, and I will indeed join you in the appreciation of this day.” Stepping closer, careful to not step on any flowers, Rakesh came to stand beside the mare. “Where do you hail from that causes you to be surprised at the spring freshness?” He knew of other places that were not as green this time of year. They had their own beauty though, and he would have enjoyed sharing that beauty as much as he was sure that he would enjoy sharing the springtime.

“There is no harm in being happy, nor in expressing that happiness. Is prattling not just another word for talking? “ Rakesh’s gaze was caught by a bird flying overhead before he went back to looking at the mare. “We should be as free as the birds are to be ourselves. No contraints, and no worries.” Rakesh was truly smiling now. “I enjoy talking with new people, and making new friends.”

Cajmera

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:15 pm
Right, introductions! Clearly, this stallion, this Rakesh, was a good sort; why else would he be so willing to share his time with a total stranger? Vari had a good feeling about him; he was just thing the day had needed to be perfect, someone to talk to and share the day with! After spending so long on her own with nothing but boogeymen and various mountain creatures for company, she was ready for someone who could actually talk![/]

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Rakesh; my name's Vari, and to answer your question, I've just moved down here from waaaaaaay up there," she said, gestureing dramatically up towards the mountain peaks looming in the distance. "I was born and raised up in the mountains, and they were nice, but I decided that maybe they weren't the place I was meant to be now, you know? They're awfully pretty, and the views were wonderful," Vari said, a soft expression on her face as though she were once more enjoying those idyllic views, "But I just thought maybe there was something better out there. Besides, it had gotten pretty lonely up there for me, so...here I am!"

With a bright smile and another flourish of her wings, she indicated the flowery little meadow. "Here I am, talking to you! Which I think is already a lot of fun, even if I'm being a little excited. I'm so glad you don't mind me, I promise I'm not always like this!" Another spirited giggle, this one partly muffled by one of her wings, but the wing did nothing to mute the sparkle in her eyes. "But no matter how I am, I like meeting new friends, too! If we get to be friends, you'll be my first lowland friend, Rakesh!"

An exciting thought, indeed!

spelldancer
Sorry, so sorry, on the time this took >>;

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:45 pm
Rakesh gravely followed the gesture of the lovely lady Vari and gazed at the mountain tops thoughtfully. Listening intently, Rakesh was curious. Were the peaks as he imagined? Maybe the peaks were better? But what if they were worse? Was there already some wise old sage up there that he should visit? He had been waiting to go into the mountains until he had more knowledge because secretly he wanted to be that mystic wise one that Soquili went on pilgrimage to visit. The way that Vari described then answered none of these questions though her words did tell Rakesh that it was very pretty where she came from. Attentive to her, Rakesh let go of the questions forming in his mind to continue to follow what she was saying. She had such a cheerful voice that it was not hard to focus on the mare.

“It is only suiting that the place that produced such a lovely lady as you, Vari, be lovely in it’s own right.” Rakesh said once she had proclaimed him her first lowland friend. “But it is truly sad that you do not have more friends already. I will surely try and be worthy of being your friend, but I do hope that you find more as well.” She was so sweet and kind that Rakesh did not want Vari to be lonely. But what did she mean by ‘she is not always like this?’ “Surely there is nothing wrong with the way that you are, right this moment. Perish the thought that you should be anything but who you are.” Rakesh smiled warmly. A firm believer in being who you are, Rakesh knew that there were those out there that would try to change someone to suit others. Had Vari encountered them before?

With a flourish, Rakesh picked up a colorful stone and presented it to the lovely lady Vari. “For you, to remember our first meeting and the beginning of friendship. You may do as you wish with it.” He understood that not every mare, or stallion, carried mementoes with them, but he would still make the gesture. It is the thought that counts, he had said many times, not the end result.

“Would you be so kind as to tell me a little more about the mountains that you hail from?” Rakesh usually tried to not steer conversations so much, but he was insanely curious and felt that the lovely lady Vari would not mind. But he added, just to be sure that she understood, “if you do not mind, of course.” He had caught the moment that she mentioned that it was lonely up there for her, and did not want to bring up old painful memories for Vari.

Cajmera
No worries! I am slooowww. I get it.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:13 am
Well, Rakesh certainly was a complimentary fellow, wasn't he? Vari wasn't used to being praised so extravagantly; her dark, sooty coat was hardly an example of vibrant beauty. So while she wasn't about to start swooning at Rakesh's feet over a few kind words, it definitely made her feel happier about both him and this encounter. It was nice to be told she looked nice! He was proving to be very much the cavalier, this stallion.

"Thank you very much, Rakesh, though I have to admit I don't really look much like the beauty of the mountains...unless maybe you're looking at them at night," she said with a slight smile as she flexed her darkly feathered wings. "I know that people think of the mountains as being rocky and grey, which parts of them ARE; I mean, mountains are rocks, after all. But there's so much color up there as well; green meadows, yellow flowers, blue, blue sky...there's really a lot to see, and all of it pops. It's not like the popping of EVERYTHING down here, but I think it's very nice," Vari finished with a slightly shy dip of her head. Listen to her, rambling on like that!

But Rakesh didn't seem to mind; just listen to those nice words, even dismissing the idea that 'the way she was acting' was anything but overpowering! "You're very nice, of course, but even I can feel I'm being a little...intense." Vari couldn't hide the slightly sheepish smile inspired by those words; after all, she was usually the calm one! But who could be calm in the face of so much interest and novelty? "But thank you, and thank you for this, as well!" She beamed as she took the rocks, carefully balancing it on one wing as she studied it admiringly. She'd have to figure out a way to carry it, of course, but what a nice gesture!

Naturally, she was happy to oblige him with further information about her part of the world! "Well, I'm from the middle peak region; so, pretty high up, but not so high that nothing grows and it's hard to breathe," Vari said in what she hoped was a helpful manner. "There are a lot of meadows, though the grass is tougher and a bit more faded than it is down here; I think the grass just has to work harder to live. Um...there are a lot of random caves up there, or pockets in the rock. I grew up out of a cave, you might say; our region was very 'cavey!'" She smiled at the memory, then gave him a curious look. "What would you like to know, in particular?"

spelldancer

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm
It was nice to hear about an area he had always wanted to visit, or secretly move to, but Rakesh was concerned by the way that Vari insisted that her behavior was in any way wrong. Yet, Rakesh knew better than to continue an argument about that with anyone, much less someone as nice as Vari seemed to be. He was pleased that she liked the rock and had accepted and admired it. He hadn’t thought through that action much, simply thinking that it would make her happy, and not about how she would take it with her. Rakesh realized this as he watched Vari balance it on a wing. That was something that he had never thought about either, that wings could be used for other thing than just flying. Sheepishly Rakesh admitted, if only to himself, that he still had a lot to learn before he could be the wise one that people came to for advice. Thankfully he had some time, and patience was not in short supply with him.

Listening to Vari talk about the meadows and the difference in grass was interesting, but it was the caves that caught Rakesh’s attention. Caves were still very new and foreign to Rakesh and he was curious about what it was like to live in one. “How was the experience of living ‘out of a cave?’” He didn’t want to pry too much with someone that he had just met, even though she seemed to be obliging enough, so he left the question at that. Yet there were other things that he wanted to know. And try as he might, he couldn’t keep them inside. “What do you eat? If the grass is tougher among the meadows at those heights, are their better things to eat? Is the beauty of the night comparable to any beauty you have seen elsewhere?” He paused and got a little more control over himself again. His enthusiasm had gotten away from him.

Rakesh smiled at Vari trying to hide his expectance of her answers. It was her choice to answer him or not as she pleased and Rakesh did not want to pressure her, or anyone, into doing something that was not as they pleased. His thoughts traveled some as he waited, thinking about when he might actually pressure someone and coming up with only a few possibilities. A mental shake of the head later, Rakesh was focused on Vari again after chastising himself about needing to be able to pay attention to the present more. He did concede to himself that to be a wise one he would have to consider possibilities but that could happen when he was not presently engaged with someone. Rakesh gazed at Vari patiently, letting her gather her thoughts if that was what she wanted to do.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:15 pm
As they considered talking, Vari carefully set the rock down on the ground. She would have to work on the transportation thing, but at least for now she wasn't worried about it going anywhere. She'd like to keep holding onto it; after all, it was a gift from her first real non-mountain friend! But while she could balance it easily enough, keeping it balanced was proving increasingly tricky. Besides, she might need her wings for something else, be it gesturing, flying, or even swatting at a bug. Still, her expression was somewhat wistful; she would be sure to remember to take it with her when she moved on!

But for the time being, she was in no hurry to move on. She hadn't expected to find such a pleasant friend so soon; Rakesh was every inch the gentleman, and clearly as enthusiastic about conversation as she! As his questions came faster and more energetically, she couldn't help but giggle; maybe she didn't seem overly energetic because he was feeling the same way himself! "Well, it was ok, I suppose; I mean, I was born in that cave," she said with a slightly demure duck of her head, "So it's not like I have a lot to compare it too. It was nice enough; we brought in dried grass to make places to sleep, and it kept us warm and dry and out of the wind. My Papa also said it kept us safe from wolves and things, though I never really saw any of those up by us."

Smiling fondly at the memories of the mountain life of playing and gathering, Vari continued on with the same high level of animation. "We still ate the grasses, for the most part; I didn't really have any trouble with the driness, since it was pretty normal. We'd also gather berries, though, and occasionally the stray apple or crabapple. There wasn't anywhere near as much to eat as there is down here," Vari said with a gesture at the surrounding countryside. "But we had more than enough to keep us well-fed. And I guess for me personally, the night is more than pretty enough, in it's own way. Darkness can be scary, but it can also be peaceful, you know?"

At that, she beamed at Rakesh, feeling as though they were really making a good connection in the course of their conversation. Or at least, they were starting on it! But it took two to tango, and she realized with a somewhat guilty flush that she was really doing all the talking. "Are you a fan of the night, Rakesh? Or are you more a day-goer? Did you have great views where you grew up?"

spelldancer

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:14 pm
Rakesh did not feel any disappointment as Vari put the stone down because it was clear that she still wanted it. It would have hurt him if she had just discarded it like it meant nothing. Though Rakesh understood, now that he thought about it, that she might have to leave it behind.

Listening attentively and waiting for wonderful tidbits to be doled out, Rakesh was not disanointed. Grasses! He hadn’t thought of that, and once she mentioned wolves he realized that it made a lot of sense to gather food ahead of time. Though she didn’t seem to like the idea of living there too much. She seemed to dismiss it all as unimportant. To each their own Rakesh believed, and did not judge her for it. If everyone lived in the same place, he thought, then it would be very crowded. But she was picking up in her talking, What she said gave him a little pause. How much would he have to change to live up on the mountain? It wasn’t that he couldn’t do it, Rakesh was positive; he was only realizing how little he knew about living there. Rakesh gave an unsure look at the mountains in the distance, and pondered so thoughtfully about the live she was describing that he almost missed her questions.

With a mental chiding, Rakesh turned to a beaming if a bit guilty looiking Vari and smiled warmly. She was just so outgoing and upbeat. It was refreshing. “The night and day serve different purposes, lovely Vari. It is hard to prefer one to the other when both are so very important to the ways of life. Without the night there could be no day and, with no day no night. I believe that when I need the night it will come, and when I need the day it too will be there. Thus, I am a life-goer.” His smile turned almost wistful at the idea. He was alive, and it was wonderful.

As for her other question, “the views are always wonderful any where I go. For everywhere I go there is something new, something different, and something worth seeing. Be it a leaf falling in the wind, a snow covered peak,“ he gestured towards the mountains, “or a vast landscape seen from a vista.” But that didn’t actually answer the question she has asked. With some shame he admitted, “it took me a while to realize this and did not appreciate my home as I grew up as I should have.” He had been a stubborn colt that refused to accept wisdom from his parents. Maybe that was why he wanted to dispense so much of it now. With his head down a little and a few taps of his hoof, Rakesh let it go and looked back up at Vari.

“Do you believe that it is hard to transition from living in one area to the other? Are you having any difficulties here that I might be able to help you with?” Rakesh was back to his smiling if gentlemanly self.

Cajmera

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff