Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Whomping Willow (Trash)
Aiden Theodore Reese ~ Denied *See Note*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:06 pm
Hello, and welcome to the guild. I am sorry to say that this character is being denied for a multitude of reasons. First, this child has deep issues and apparently has something posessing him. That requires permission from the guild captain to do (which is me, by the way). As I did not approve it, then this cannot be allowed on the character. Second, the character would have to be born in England to attend Hogwarts. If he has not, he cannot attend. Third, you pended yourself right off the bat. This gives you a profile warning right off the bat as only those on profiles in the crew may pend students. Fourth, you never signed the guild rules. As you did not and pended the character with numerous errors in it, I must deny this character and suggest you read and sign the rules before you post another.

All of the issues that we can identify with the profile are as follows:
- Someone with so many mental issues will not be accepted into Hogwarts: they will be homeschooled (for safety of themselves and of other students)
- Please be careful with representation and if the crew sees stereotypical representation, none of us will be happy
- Must be born in British Isles
- Throwing person through drywall would've most likely broken their spine, which is really hard to treat (please change this)
- There should not be any mention of canon characters, as they are not there anymore
- The character is said to suffer from OCD, but there were no mention of OCD anywhere else in the profile (OCD is severe and should not be treated as a "oh, I just have it" thing)
- Need a wand, doesn't matter
- Read the rules and sign them

Please keep this in mind the next time you make a character. This profile is Denied and you have accumulated a profile warning. ~ Dia

Hi, my name is Aiden Theodore Reese

But I mostly go by "Aire." I guess it's because of my first and last initials.
I'm a Male

I'm 11 years old.

My birthday is December 23rd. Two more days and I'd be named Jesus.

My dream job is Honestly? I wanted to be a biomolecular physicist, but then I developed my powers. Now... maybe joining the Wizengamot?

My blood status is Muggle-born... I don't get mad when someone calls me a mudblood though. It honestly sounds kind of goofy.

This is my first year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is (we will announce when sorting is open. When it is not open, leave this alone)

I'm interested in my studies. I'm (at the moment) 11.

I'm currently with me, myself, and I.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Brilliant; I have a knack for learning things and a talent for putting that into practice. I'm attentive, creative, and coming up with concepts well above my year. The downside of my intelligence is that I'm so awkward that most people don't even know what to say to me. I want friends, to be sure, but I don't know how to talk to them. If we had a muggle's psychiatrist on site, they'd diagnose me with Asperger's syndrome, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder.

I like to spend most of my time in the library, studying... everything. I'm constantly bored, seeing as there's no WiFi or any other kind of electronics to entertain myself with. The only extracurricular activities are clubs which would probably reject me and Quidditch, which I can't do because of my acrophobia.

My studying also gives me an edge in my classes; since it's literally all I do, I tend to get my work done quickly and efficiently, to my perceived ridicule. I keep being told I'm good at my classes, but I can't tell if they're making fun of me or not.

It's driving me crazy. I'm surrounded by people and yet I'm lonely, scared, and stranded an entire ocean away from my family.
My background story is I spent the first five years of my education overseas, in Nashville, Tennessee. I was awkward from the get-go. I didn't learn how to talk until I was three, which made my parents nervous. My separation anxiety made things... likewise difficult. It got to the point that after preschool I was shunted to a school for children with special needs. Between the anxiety induced outbursts the screaming out of neurotic fear, and the unfathomable weight of never being understood by the people who were supposed to be proctoring me, they found out that I wasn't retarded, which was nice, but my plethora of psychiatric disorders made them question whether I would ever fit into the "real" world or not.

The answer came when I was ten, in the midst of yet another hysterical fit. Two staff members were required to keep me immobilized whilst my attack ran its course; hysterical strength can surprise anyone, especially a ten year old boy. What surprised them even more is what happened next. A sort of misty spectre, with the physique of a prizefighter and the physical grace of a professional dancer, emerged from my back, throwing one of the staffers through the drywall paneling on the ceiling before moving to the next. I only remember a rush of calming, cool air, and then the lights went dim. Finally exhausted from my physically draining episode, I passed out.

Months later, I received my Hogwarts acceptance letter. Madame Pomfrey has been providing me with mood stabilizers which have done wonders for my academic performance.

I enjoy Quiet, darkness, animals, thick blankets, libraries, hot chocolate, forests, taking walks, and really squishy pears.

I despise Background noise, large gatherings of people, people who try to make small talk (I can't think of anything to say because they'll think I'm weird), being asked questions in class (because I'll know the answer, blurt it out like a textbook's answer, and again: everyone will think I'm weird), the sound of squeaking styrofoam, the sound of creaking wood how I can't ever think of the right thing to say, how I keep standing around looking like an idiot whenever other people are talking, how I keep making people feel like they have to talk to me like I'm sensitive (especially because I AM), and the fact that the only people who I can slightly open up to are almost four times my age.

I'm afraid of Heights, stinging insects (to the point that even if a butterfly flies past my face or a ladybug whizzes past my ear, I jump almost a foot in the air because either they look like a wasp or they're buzzing which to me means it has a stinger), and that everyone around me might only be nice to me so that I'll leave them alone.

My strengths are When it comes to the academics based on facts or formula, I'm brilliant. History of Magic, Herbology, Potions... anything involving movement or simple memorization of facts comes to me as a fish takes to water. I'm also good with animals, most magical creatures included, because I can relate to them more than people.

My flaws are I can't ask questions in front of a class. I can't even talk in front of people. I can talk one-on-one but that's pretty much it. I also have such a bad fear of heights that half the time I need to be guided by another student over the stairs, and the other half of the time Filch or one of the house elves has to clean up my terror-puke,

I look like Chris Evans

My wand is a (I have no idea what I want to put here... the wand chooses the wizard...)

My pet is an orange cat named Theo.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm 5"6 at age 11, and I'm somehow built like a tank. It's mostly my shoulders, though years and years of violent hysterics are great at working... everything.

Theo is a therapy cat. He's kind of like a big, furry electric blanket to me; he's also pretty much my only friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 pm
I can understand where you're coming from with representation, but... I actually HAVE those issues. It's an old writing trick: write what you know.

I tried to make it look like a patronus manifested, not the possession thing. I wanted to go for a sort of powers-awakening kind of deal. That one was my bad. I also could've set the timeline to be a little less... rushed.

Secondly, going to the issues/schooled-at-home thing... I actually DID manage to integrate into society at eleven; I was put on an anti-psychotic (they were treating my symptoms rather than the illness itself; it worked) after experimenting with all kinds of other stuff. Prozac, Abilify, and Adderall are the ones I remember. Risperdal was the one that finally worked.

Finally, I've punched through drywall. I can send you pictures of the re-spackled walls if you need proof. As long as you don't hit one of the wooden beams in the wall itself, the only things you need to worry about are the skin irritation from the plaster and the insulation.

The british isles thing, I'll agree with.  

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

The Whomping Willow (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces