~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm
User Image

The rustling had to be loud. It was a sure thing that it could be heard for miles around. It was certainly loud for poor little Altiu. Being stuck in her flutter form and being stuck on a branch to boot was simply humiliating. She wasn't sure when someone would even happen by. Or, if they did, if they would see her. The problem there would lie in the fact that she was simply small. She couldn't flutter enough up to make her any higher than a mare's nose. Maybe she would have to try and poke a passerby with her horn. She certainly hoped it wouldn't come to that. She wasn't even one hundred percent sure that they wouldn't simply write it off as a bug bite.

As she say there, she huffed in frustration. Wishing that she could concentrate long enough to simply grow out of her flutter form. She was sure that the branch would simply snap under her weight. Though the one thing that stopped her was the pain in her leg from it. She wasn't even sure if she could possibly break her leg if she were to simply grow with her leg stuck as it was.

Thinking it through a bit more, she laid down as best she could. She was exhausted from shaking the branch so much and her leg was starting to rub painfully from the movement of it all. Calmly she took a breath. She had to get herself under control. If she didnt, there was no way she was ever going to get out of this branch.

As she sat there she thought about how silly she was to think it was a good idea to try and collect leaves in her flutter form. It certainly worked well enough, that was true. But she never though she might end up stuck. And with no one around, as far as she knew, how long would it be till she was found? She sighed deeply and shook her head. Thinking about this stuff more would just make her even more depressed about her situation. And she was supposed to be happy and sunny! She couldn't let a silly branch stop her from being happy!

With a new outlook on her situation, Altiu puffed up her chest and smiled. She would devise a plan to get her noticed! First things first, she was small and being composed of darker colors didn't really help her. Though her lighter blue colored pelt might be flashy enough for someone to stop if they thought she was an actual butterfly. She thought on that a bit more and decided it would take more than her colors to get her noticed. Suddenly a bird chirped somewhere overhead, causing her to look up at the sky to stop it. Then, it struck her! "THAT'S IT!" She yelled it so loudly the birds flew out if the tree, "I just have to make a different kind of noise. Maybe I should sing. Certainly a song coming out of the branches of a tree couldn't possibly go unnoticed." Altiu smiled to herself as she started up her song...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 pm
User Image

Nat was all about trees and the lovely shade they brought to his black-coated life. Because of that, he was constantly on the lookout for the best shady spots. Usually he was a creature of habit, lounging under the same cluster of elephant ear trees over and over, but sometimes, just sometimes, he'd meander around and see what else the lands had to offer. It wasn't like he ever had anything pressing to do besides. And it gave him a goal--the faster he found a shady spot to recline in, the sooner he could stop walking. Kind of made him feel like a hunter. It was really only during those types of searches that the stallion was actually active. Walking around was too much of a pain. Usually he preferred to be a sign post and have others come to him. But every now and then he could have a little adventure like this, so he could brag that his life wasn't so boring. Yeah, he was out here...lookin' for trees and stuff...yeahhhh...

Tossing his hair out of his face, Nat made his way towards some particularly promising-looking trees. They were ridiculously lush with branches and looked like they'd provide the optimum shade--just what he was lookin' for. To add to the treasure-finding effect of his so-called adventure, a breeze swept through the trees and over him (rustling the branches somehow too much, come to think of it...), birds sang overhead, and their lyrics were--...

...Wait...

...Lyrics...?

Blinking slowly where he'd stopped in his tracks, Nat's ears swiveled in several directions as he tuned into the strange song. He was...well, pretty damn puzzled, to put it lightly. And no, he wasn't even on any herbs or anything...so what the hell was this...?

Just as soon as he had asked himself that question, he pin-pointed the sound to a branch that was still swaying curiously despite there being no breeze. He approached it cautiously, and the closer he got, the louder the song became. He peered into the leaves and there, tangled in a branch, was what he could only guess was a Flutter (he'd never seen one before). For a moment he just watched, seemingly dazed, but he shook himself out of it and could only think to ask, "Uhh...are you okay, F--..." what the hell would he call her, Flutter? Uncool. He continued on, asking, "You need some help...?"

[Eskimo]
Crew

Anxious Cat

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:25 pm
User Image

Altiu couldn't help but smile gleefully at the stallion. Thank goodness there had been someone in the neighborhood! There were simply no words to describe how happy it made her to finally see another Soquili around here. She was almost too excited to actually give the black and colorful stallion a response. Without thinking, she fluttered her wings about happily, then the pain in her leg brought it all back to her. She cried out from the painful rubbing reminder that she had her leg stuck in a branch, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm stuck..." It was all she could muster against the pain. All she could think to even say. Certainly from that alone the stallion knew enough that she needed help! Weakly and carefully, she showed the stallion her leg caught in the branch. Taking deep breaths, she decided that maybe it would be best to explain herself a bit more to the stallion. After all, such a thing would probably require an explanation at some point, so this should be the point in time. Sure they probably had plenty of time after she was actually let loose from the branch, but everything might leave her mind before they even get that far. The quiet ramblings inside her mind were probably from the pain. She couldn't be sure really. Though she imagined it was the only thing that really made sense in this whole situation. Taking more deep breaths, she did her best to compose herself and fight against the pain.

"You see... I was collecting these beautiful leaves in this tree. They make such nice nests to relax in under the shade, or even in the sun." She stopped for a moment, "Anyway, I was going ahead and collecting these wonderful leaves and I slipped!" She pointed her head down to her leg and then looked back up at the stallion, "And then my leg was caught here. I don't even know how I slipped in such a way. I even dropped the small bundle of leaves I was collecting!" She looked down at the ground with a sad look on her face. She was rather sad about dropping such a nice collection of pretty things.

Looking back up at the stallion, she decided that it would probably be best to explain to him why it was that she didn't just grow out of her flutter form either. After all, she was sure that it would be a question asked of her. She might as well cut it off before the question is even asked! "In case you were wondering about why I don't simply grow out of my flutter form..." She paused for a moment, "Well, there are two reasons actually. But they are rather important reasons when thought upon!" She nodded her head calmly, "The first being that it actually takes a good amount of concentration to actually move from one form to the other. With this much pain in my leg... I simply can't get a grip on myself long enough to possibly get myself larger again." She had that sad look on her face again as she continued to explain, "The second reason is something that I'm simply unsure of. See... With my leg stuck like this, I'm not actually sure I wouldn't hurt myself even more if I decided to come out of flutter form. That would be even worse than having my leg stuck in the first place!" She gave an exasperated sigh and looked at the stallion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:49 am
Wow...this mare talked a lot. It was endless! It was...cute? Yeah, it was cute. Was it because she was so tiny...? Damn...

"Woahhh, woah, okay," Nat placated gently, getting closer. Something about her and the situation made him feel like he had to be extra quiet and extra careful, which was definitely unusual for him.

So, she had lost some stuff...got trapped...now she was hurt...and couldn't shift back...did he have that order right? Right or wrong, that was the gist, so down to business. He'd help her look for her lost stuff after. Well, if he wasn't too tired at that point... Who the hell was he kidding, of course he'd help, she was just so damn helpless-looking. Who knew he had a weakness for flutters? Well, all mares were his weakness, but that was beside the point.

"I guess...I'm just gonna--..." he mumbled, awkwardly moving his face left, then right, trying to figure out the best way to free the mare from her predicament. As he was moving about, his horn scraped some bark on another branch above the Flutter girl, and that's when it came to him: use your horn, stupid. Well, there was one good use for the thing.

"Stay real still, okay? I'm gonna get you outta there, so just relax." Without much more thought, the stallion carefully placed his uni horn against the branch. Slowly, carefully, he pulled his head away, using the force to separate the branch away from the Flutter's pinned leg. If he slipped-up, he could hurt her with his horn, and he swallowed. This was intense! He wasn't used to these kinds of situations. But whatever, he was doing it. Pff, failure? He wouldn't fail. He was way too, uhh...whatever, FOCUS.

Holding his position firmly, Nat got the little branch bent enough in position where the Flutter could free her leg. Not moving, not blinking, not even breathing, he held it there and waited for the all-clear.

[Eskimo]
Crew

Anxious Cat

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:29 pm
User Image

It wasn't something that she had done on purpose of course, but her rambling just happened to her. A lot actually. Altiu never really noticed she did it, not unless someone pointed it out anyway. She was kinda dense like that sometimes. Sweet, but dense. Talking was really the only thing she ended up doing when meeting someone new. Talking a lot. A whole lot.

Watching the stallion, he seemed a bit confused. Maybe a bit... overwhelmed about what to do? Though that would make sense. Most wouldn't exactly understand how to help a tiny flutter stuck in a branch either. Or at least without being a flutter themselves. Cause then they could just make themselves small as well and try to pull the branch themselves. Takes away the need to be too terribly careful around the tiny mare. Something that she certainly saw the stallion was thinking about. She was staring at him, just watching. There was no way Altiu would know if she was making him uncomfortable or anything either. Though the stallion was probably not paying attention to her at this point enough to care that she was just watching this colorful stallion come to her rescue. And him coming to her rescue was the important thing in this scenario. She needed to get out after all!

Needless to say it was a bit silly watching this stallion try and figure out how to save her. She may have let a giggle or two slip in the process, but it was never in a mean way. Just being so happy that someone had actually shown up! How carefully he placed his horn between the branches was pretty impressive to her. She wondered a bit if she would have the sense to use her own horn in the same way if it came down to it. It was a brilliant idea.

As the stallion just pulls it out enough to allow her to pull her leg out, she does just that. Sighing a breathe of relief. "Alright! You can let go of the branch now if you like!" She lightly fluttered near the stallions nose, not quite sure if she should land yet, since her leg still hurt pretty bad. Altiu looked over the stallion carefully again before speaking, "If I need more help would you be able to help me? I'm pretty worn out, so I'm not sure how long I'm gonna be able to flutter here and put off landing... Cause my leg still hurts." She cast her leg a careful sideways glance, not really wanting to concentrate on it too much, or even sure how terrible it was hurt. "I at least need help checking my leg perhaps? I'm not sure if it's... bad." She gave the stallion a sideways glance and slowly started lowering herself to the ground, preparing to place down and to go ahead and resize herself. It would need to be done if the stallion was going to be able to help her with her leg. After that was addressed she would worry about gathering up her belongings.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games