[PRP Oba] Thieves flock together [Bushi || Talin] FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:30 pm
Talin was on a mission in enemy territory! Well, more like getting a feel for the Oban lands and to set up feelers for information in the towns near the border. If his people were to start raiding the really rich Oban caravans, they needed to know when the caravans would come and from where. That way they could change their location of ambushing and be harder to rack down.

On his way into Oba, Talin marked out good areas for ambushes, potential hiding spots and camp sites. He wasn't sure he wanted to attack the merchants while in Oba just yet.. too many of his crew were young or unfamiliar with this type of terrain to be effective in it. But he on the other hand.. Talin was very adaptable and spent most of his time watching the animals and figuring out the lands. Where did animals hide, where was there water, how hard was it to find tracks and keep others from noticing your tracks... All important information for bandits!

He eventually came to an Oasis near the border; one he was grateful to see. His pale skin was not meant for the heat of the dry oban landscape and he'd gotten a burn along on shoulder. In addition, his chest and shoulders were now ever more freckled; much to his amusement.

He walked in to what looked to be a tavern of sorts; or at least a place where many people gathered based upon the animals tied up outside and the size of the building. If it was an inn or tavern, than he'd found what he needed; a place where people would talk to him.. hopefully. If not well, he'd just get someone drunk and question them later. In the desert.. where no one would find the body.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:36 pm
robot kitten

It was the sudden silence that seemed to fill the normally rowdy place that had Bushi's eyes turning toward the door, curious as to who it was that was entering. There was a part of him that worried that perhaps Jaide had chased him this entire way, wanting to get his man despite being far from his juristiction. To his relief though it wasn't the overly zealous guard, instead it seemed to be... huh, a foreigner? Here? Well now, that was interesting, someone that instantly had all of Bushi attention. He was heading North, he did want to meet with people like that, but he likely wouldn't get his chance with that one if he ended up getting himself shanked by someone that had no interested in strangers coming into their midst.

What tribe was he from? To be honest Bushi had no idea, which told him that he was going to have to learn a lot more about his potential buisness patners from the North, huh? He'd need to learn about the different tribes, what they liked, what he should try to provide for them, and the like. One had to know their customer base after all and not everyone was into sparkling trinkets like the Obans were. That meant that he was going to have to learn about a good number of different tribes How many was it that they had up there again? Like... four or five? Yeah, four were Earthlings and then there was that all woman tribe of amazons, or so he'd heard. So many groups to learn about, good thing he was still young yet he thought to himself.

As the whispers began he realized that it wouldn't be long before he someone in the place, likely someone who had been drinking way too much, was going to say something. Likely something stupid at that, and then a brawl would probably begin, a waste of a good lead he thought to himself. As such Bushi lifted one big hand into the air, waving to the stranger, and called over, "You're late, come over and pull up a seat!" That might buy the guy a bit of time, as well as given Bushi some time to chat with him, before anyone realized that he wasn't really one of the Bushi's contacts... or just decided that contact or not they didn't want one of the 'savages from the North' in their midst. An amusing thought given there were quite a few savage sorts in the room tonight.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:50 pm
Orpheus Solon

Talin was vastly amused by the silence and stares that greeted his entrance. He did love the spotlight! He paused a moment, back light by the open doorway as he waited for his eyes to adjust t the dark interior. He cocked an eyebrow when the rather large oban called out to him as if he'd been waiting for Talin to arrive... which could mean several things...Talin had made no contacts within Oba.. so unless this man had mistaken him for another wind tribe (unlikely) than he must be trying to just talk to Talin... why though? Only one way to find out! Talin thought to himself as he sauntered on over.
"I didn't know you were waiting." He said as he looked about before seating himself. He appeared unarmed; all of his knives were hidden about him in various places, but he could reach them in a moment if threatened The crowd looked a little rough.. which made sense, he thought, given this is a small town in the middle of nowhere. I wonder if any of them ply the same trade I do?
I'll just... play along now, he thought as he eyed the man. I didn't want to get on the wrong side of this on.. at least not at close range! At a distance where he could keep out of reach of those muscles would be better if things when wrong.

Conversation started back up, making it slightly easier to speak without being overheard.. hopefully.
"Of course.. If I'd known I was to meet someone...." He said softly with a raised eyebrow; "I might have actually hurried... mister?" He trailed off questioningly. Talin had an excuse to be here , an excuse he always used. He would pose as a treasure hunter or small merchant, always bringing small portable items with him into towns to trade.. or give as gifts to pretty girls. Perhaps he could use these same items to set up a contact with this man... if he was a merchant who was willing to pass along information on rival merchants.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:33 am
robot kitten

Bushi watched as the the man came over to him, something that made him smile a bit. He was really wondering if the make would actually respond to his words since calling out to some random person, telling them that they were late, and yet here he was. Friendly guy Bushi thought to himself. As the other man came over to him he gave a bit of a chuckle, "Of course, I have been waiting some time for you to get here. You shouldn't keep people waiting, what if I had already been gone? You might have found yourself in a tight spot, friend." He gave a glance around, knowing that the foreigner had caught the attention from those around him. He was a handsome sort, the sort that would likely get all sorts of undo attention in a place like this, which made him wonder why he was even here.

As his 'friend' came to settle down in a seat next to him at the bar he gave him a smile, "Come now, you can't tell me that you've forgotten your old pal, Bushi." He said with a smile, the name that he tended to use with clients and contacts, only using his real name with those who were really close to him. This one, while interesting, wasn't quite worth his true name as of yet. Maybe if he became someone more interesting, as well as useful, he would share it with him Bushi thought to himself. In time at least.

Calling out to the bar tender he ordered up some more liquor for himself and his 'friend', getting a bottle for the two of them, as well as a second cup for the other man, "We are celebrating, aren't we?" If the bar tender bought it then everyone would, they would keep from trying to mess with the guy, at least until Bushi had walked away. The up side to being one of his stature and look he thought to himself, giving his new 'friend' a grin as he poured a drink for him, "Drink up and tell me how were your travels?" Given it was honestly something he was curious about he hoped the man would give him at least a bit of information.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:29 pm
Orpheus Solon

Talin smirked at the name. Bushi? Well he did resemble a bush slightly! .. And the hill a bush could sit on!
"I'm never in a spot I can't get out of." He said with complete confidence, flashing a cheeky grin. "And I've been all over the place so names tend to slip from my mind." He smelled the drink before taking a sip. IT had a nice scent to it though a bit harsher than the tale wines he'd gotten used to. Maybe it'll have enough punch like the wind brews? He thought with a smirk. He had yet to find something that was as harsh and smokey with a hint of thick syrup in its taste as the moon shine his father had made.

It was harsher than the leaf's weak sweet stuff... but not as bad as the shine he recalled. " "s not bad." He said, raising his glass to Bushi. "Better than the weak stuff in Tale at least.
"Travel got messed up due to the ahh..." He grinned, his eyes glinting for a bit; "war."

He waited until the barkeeper was away before continuing. "Pickings were good." He didn't say what pickings because he wanted to see what this man thought he'd been up to. "Jahur's a bit better but the Alkdike presences makes it more dangerous... Tale has competition and less places to hide." He was getting a feeling from the other guy; this Bushi looked rough and tumble.. but didn't project such an air. More of a merchant feel than a thug feel.Wonder if he is a merchant.; if so I'll just let drop I'm a treasure hunter who goes searching fro all the hidden goodies the Leaf tribe and Wind Tribes have stashed over their lands and sell some items. See if he's got any information on other caravans.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:57 am
"Hmmm, confident, I like that." Bushi said with a bit of a chuckle, finding it amusing that this stranger was so certain about his ability to get out of difficult situations. He supposed that there was nothing wrong with the confidence, it was endearing, so long as it didn't overboard. He gave a smile as the guy actually picked up the drink that he'd been offered, sipping from the hefty cup, "Glad to hear that you like it, it's pretty good, especially for the price. One can never complain when something is affordable after all." He chuckled and picked up his cup, drinking from it again. He did his best to appeared laid back for those around them but his eyes and ears were locked on Talin, wanting to learn all he could from him.

"Hmmm, yes, a lot of things seemed to be jumbled up by the war." The failed invasion of the North was more like it. It was something that was terrible for business for quite a while as people tried to figure out how to go about everything all over again as they had to give up their slaves. The lands of Oba were quite shaken by that and people took a bit to get back to buying. Of course once they did he was chased off by Jaide, such a shame. He could have been making good money if not for that brat.

Giving a smile as the other mentioned 'pickings being good' he sort of leaned forward a bit in a curious manner, "Is that so? Interesting, I am always interested in hearing about the markets of other lands, especially when I am trying to expand my business outside of Oba despite the fact that we Obans aren't exactly... well, the most popular across the world of late." Now the question became where did this man stand? Time to figure it out.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:02 am
Orpheus Solon

Merchant, Talin thought, definitely a merchant of sorts. But.... not goods that I can see... and there weren't that many wagons out there that a proper well to do merchant would have. None that matched what he'd seen (and plotted to raid) going north into Tale. And he wasn't offended by the war.

"Hmm.. I can help with information... a trade of information if you will. Though I do have some goods to trade for coin if that would be better." I'll stick with the treasure hunter cover for now, and maybe for other ventures into Oba. It was a good excuse and would explain the eclectic small portable items he had on him. "What business are you in?"
Maybe I ought to do the trade of goods anyways... make it seem like I actually came here to deliver them or something..... An excuse for the prying eyes that still watched though not as closely.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:43 am
robot kitten

A big smile appeared on Bushi's face as he poured himself another mug of the unnamed alcohol, as well as topping Talin's mug off as well, "You know, a lot of buying and selling, trades as well if it makes for a better deal. I tend to work as a intermediary most days, buying the goods that others procure at fair prices." He took a sip from his mug, then continued, "Those that I buy from can be, at times, less then reputable but that's alright with me. Provided of course they are merely... business men like myself." He had no desire to deal with murderers after all, it was too much drama when the goods came soaked in blood.

"So, you said something about having some good to trade, if I might ask, what sort? I am always interested in picking up new wares. It always good to have various different things on hand when it comes to setting up shop." People tended to be more likely to trade with him if he actually had a variety of goods to draw their attention. If he could make a deal with this one, get some goods from distant lands, it could help him out. As such he was eager to make friends with this one, "Before we see about beginning such negotiations though we really aught to finish our drinks, we don't want to waste such... good swill." He gave a chuckle before knocking back what was left in his mug, set it down, then dug into his pouch for a coin that would cover what the two of them had finished off.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm
Orpheus Solon

Talin grinned as he drained the drink (after the refill); "So no questions asked?" That sounded like this guy was in the business to fence goods... "I may have business for you in the future then. If you're in Tale." He leaned back and eyed him for a bit before pulling out a pouch. "Some portable small stuff is all i have with me today. But if you do end up expanding into Tale; I can probably deliver cloth, spices, crystals... and a few other small items like what I have on me today." He had on him a few smaller pieces of jewelry (shifter and leaf style), a few larger crystal chunks in his favorite purple color and some carvings (again, leaf style) that he'd found in an old ruin a few years back. They always made for great disguises when going into town; so far no one had called him out on not being a treasure hunter....
"The jewelry's the sort you'll find in the shifter and leaf tribes. Statues as well. I don't carry anything from my tribe or the icelings because those are too valuable when entering... newer territory." No way would he risk the few things he had from home! Those stayed in a nice safe place when he was traveling.

"I could use information on merchants. There are people back home curious as to when Oban merchants will be arriving... and what sort of goods they'll have on them." What he really wanted to know was about the guards, how well trained were they, what sort of route the merchants would take... but he knew that was something he'd have to learn with time. Routes were just being opened, so they were bound to change if he raiding one path too many times. As for guards; he'd take a look around and check out the Oban fighters here and maybe he could travel with a merchant back to Tale. Sell his services and information for a free ride.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:14 am
robot kitten

Bushi gave a smile, "Why ask questions? It's not the perogative of a merchant to ask a lot of questions, that tends to cause fewer repeat customers. People seem to like privacy after all and it's something that those in my line of work tend to respect." At least Bushi felt that they should. He didn't like people that asked too many questions about him and his business after all. As Talin suddnely said that he may have business for Bushi in the future the big man perked up a bit, "Is that so? I am always open for more trade partners, especially those from another land. I am actually looking to get some foreign goods on this trip to bring home with me."

Leaning forward he inspected the various things that the man was showing up, his eye a very critical one. He'd been at this for some time and that meant he was good at spotting things that would go over well with his clients. After a time he said, "I rather like the jewelry." Jewelry always went over well with the noble women and they always loved to one up one another, to get their hands on foreign jewelry before their 'friends' did. Bushi's eyes seemed to light up when there was mention of things from the Wind Tribe and the Ice Tribe being so valuable, "I see, I will definitely have to trade you for some things from those places one day. Provided of course that we can make a deal that makes us both happy."

Reaching to his side he said, "I have some coin with me, as well as some various trinkets as well, that I have been meaning to trade when I head North. I am willing to trade for a few of your pieces though, if you see anything you like."

Giving another smile Bushi said, "I am alright with a trade of information as well, if we both want to make money we will need to know much about each others lands. I think the best thing to keep in mind is that, due to what you are, they might try to take advantage of you. You will need to stick to your guns and make sure that they know what you're selling are things that they can't get easily elsewhere."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:19 pm
Orpheus Solon

Talin smirked; by his answer this man was probably a fence. If so, that meant he was someone Talin was very interested in.
"Let's not beat about the bush any more." He said as he leaned forward. "I'm a thief. I steal things. I'm looking to target the oban caravans entering Tale and Juahur... What I need to know is timing, guard counts, abilities of the guards I'll be facing off against. How well are they trained? Things like that. If you've got any information, you can take these as your payment." He grinned. "And if you're one of the goody two shoes who're so concerned with ownership of things... than I'll probably not see you again. Though I get the feeling your in my line of business. " His voice was low and confident. He definitely did not ant others to over hear him! While this one seemed to be a fellow businessman, so to speak, the same could not be said of others in the tavern.

Leaning back he smirked and went back to the topic of goods he could supply. "My tribes are hard to find. Nomads and all that. But I do have a trade set up with my family's tribe so I can supply you with ... regular items. To cover the .. others I can supply. Iceling pieces will take longer.. but they do send merchants out and I ahh.. visit them as often as Leaf and Shifter merchants." And by visit, he meant robbed. And often killed.. but no need to say that.

"As for locations; Neued is the main hub of activity these days. Matori and Obans are settling there, so many merchants are headed to that old city. Or are you interested in a more... rural setting?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:05 am
robot kitten

"A thief?" Bushi said in the best surprised and incredulous tone he could muster, "I don't know if I believe it, you seem so innocent!" As if anyone innocent came to a dive like this one he thought to himself, unable to help but to give a chuckle. He had to admit he kind of like it, the way that this one was so up front about such things, he tended to have to dance with others far longer to get them to get to the point. That this one was so eager to just tell him what it was that he wanted to know saved them time and allowed them to get to more important matters.

Stretching out his arms over his head Bushi listened to what it was that he was saying, before he nodded, "Something else you will really need to know are the guards that you can make friends with. In Oba there is no shortage of those who are willing to make deals with us because it will help them out. We Obans, we like our deals." He said, "Take Kalv for example, I have a few really good contacts there amongst the guards, those who will give me information that I need, information that helps me move about easily, for a fair price." Save for recently, what with Jaide dogging his heels, "It's imperative that you learn who they are and either avoid them or see about making deals with them as well. I would hate to loose a friend because you are in too much of a rush." Bushi wasn't someone that rushed, something that was obvious just looking at him.

"Now, if you like, I can put you in contact with a good friend of mine, he can get you what you need as far as guard schedules and routes go. I'd ask you to keep it clean though, a gross amount of death is unnecessary and tends to just make life more difficult for the rest of us just trying to make a living." As though he were so simple a business man, "I want to treat with you, what you have access too interests me, but I won't risk a network of contacts I've spent half my life one someone who can't be trusted with such a network. Please, keep that in mind as we continue."

Clapping his large hands together he said, "Now! As for what I am looking for I can't say I am interested in a place that is already over run by my people. They won't have any awe or interest in my wares if they've already seen them all. I want to make some profit or else this trip isn't worth my time. Do tell me more about cities that aren't too far away but aren't over run by Obans already."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:07 pm
Orpheus Solon

Talin smirked at the others feigned surprise. "I do have a lovely face to hide behind, I agree." it had helped him out a lot in the past; looking like a care free rascal and not some cruel scarred bandit was a plus! Not to mention the girls preferred the rascal.

"Hadn't thought about making riends with guards.... too easy for them to sell me out" He shrugged; he'd rather no one was able to stab him in the back. maybe I can have one of the others do that.. make friends with other guards here in Oba... not that we'll be operating in Oba but information would be nice.

"Death attracts too much attention." He said with a cheeky grin; "I know how to behave myself." He'd not do anything too bloody with his group.. not yet. They needed to become to deep in banditry before he started killing too often. Too much death would scare some of them off... Much as I preferred to just kill them all; best not to destroy the Kinfa who lays the eggs!

"Than you may like one of the smaller Leaf villages. The southern tribes of Tale live in a huge forest and tend to be big in the Kinfa trade... not sure that'd be up your alley though. Northern tale is all grasslands with patches of trees..... But they've got plenty of small towns and villages with a few bigger ones."  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:13 pm
Bushi gave a smile, "Well, it can be difficult figuring out which guards are the ones that you should make friends with. Some are more open to the idea of having a nice pay off any time they 'capture' you. You also need to learn how to make encounters with them seem real too. I was forced to punch one of my buddies the other day to 'get away'." He really hadn't liked doing that but it was the only way to really make it look real enough that Jaide wouldn't go off hassling the other guard for letting Bushi go.

"Good, you behaving yourself will allow us to have a long, happy relationship." He told his possible new source. He was all for new allies when it came to his business, but he wasn't a fan of those who cut corners. It was something that just became a bother for Bushi down the line.

Leaning in he listened to what Talin was saying about the smaller Leaf villages, taking in the details of what they were looking for, "Kinfa Trade? Hmmm, could be something my clients would be interested in. There are those who always want the newest and flashiest things to show off to their friends in Oba." He mused, wondering if those birds that he'd heard of might become the next fad. Given that not only were they pets but one could also market their bright plumage as accessories to wear as well. Yes, he liked the sound of that.

"Thank you, I will definitely look into those villages as well as into the Kinfa." He said after a moment of thought.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:30 pm
Orpheus Solon

Talin had never really considered paying off people.. mostly because when he ambushed them in the jungle, there was no law or guards around to protect them! But if I ever do start working towns and cities... this knowledge shall be useful! He thought with a smirk. "If you are looking to get into the Kinfa trade... then I suppose I ought to tell you they can grow large enough to be mounts. Not many have them but a few do... quite impressive. Especially since you can fly while riding them." That was something he wanted.. perhaps I ought to try and get a kinfa of my own, he wondered briefly; he'd always wanted to fly...

"Hmm... I'm not too used to working streets.... I prefer to leave those alone simply so others don't try and run me out." He chuckled as he went back to the earlier topic. "But if I do.. what sort of opportunities and dangers are in oban cities? All of the wind tribes are nomadic.. and the Leaf tribes don't exactly build great cities...." Shifters and the Alkdikes on their home islands had the large one.. as did the ice tribe... But he'd only ever visited Neued, staying away from larger cities for the most part.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff