[PRP] No Where I'd Rather Be [Thorn x Free Spirit] [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What had started as an early spring sprinkle had turned into an undeniable downpour. Thorn wasn't overly keen on the idea of being mucked with swamp mud (and he wouldn't have much of a choice if the raindrops kept coming down as hard as they were), trying to avoid the splash damage and hunkering under a rather fragile but still suitable frond. He could not have possibly been less amused by the transgression of the rain - he was hungry and was against waiting it out, little choice did he have - and so with a touch of misery, he settled on his flank and gazed out at the dark veil of rain, waiting. Or at least, trying to wait.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As the rain started, the carefree doe also began to dance under the gentle rainshower, hooves kicking into the damp grass and her hair swaying to the wind and water. Although as much as she did like the rain, it was getting heavier, not a weather that was very fitting to dance under, her long hair getting heavy, the doe sighing as her hooves galloped towards the first thing she could see that could shield her from the downpour.

She pouted, not really wanting this weather to end the day, hoping to the motherfather that she could find her way home despite the harsh weather. A loud strike of thunder made her jump, Free Spirit almost slipping on the grass, but her strong legs carrying her towards a little place under a tall bough. For a moment she didn't really realize her company, long blond hair all over her eyes, the Kiokote shaking the water away.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:12 pm
The Kiokote noticed the doe that was approaching his semi-dry haven, and he was far from rude enough to decline her presence. He was about to offer a greeting when she began to shake off the excess water -- and right onto him. "Hey! MotherFather -- it's wet enough out there!" Thorn got to his hooves and trotted to the far end of the bough cover, looking at her with an expression that wasn't unfriendly but was certainly mindful.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 pm
Her ears perked immediately at the voice, almost thinking it was her imagination playing with her, a strange joke that the rain was playing on her, but with her damp her back against her neck, she turned to the sound and faced another kiokote in this little hiding place. "Oh my! I didn't see you there! I'm very sorry, am I intruding?!" She said with a big smile, chuckling ang shaking a little more, playful in her movement.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 pm
"I can see that," he responded with a touch of amusement in his voice, looking at her long hair that was as much a veil as the rain beyond their little sanctuary. Shaking his head, Thorn took a few more steps out from 'hiding' and sat down again, shaking his head away from her to shed the last few droplets of water. "I'm just passing through, it's not my land to throw a fit over." The buck flashed a brief, friendly smile. "You?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:16 pm
She felt much lighter and better with the water not pullling her hair down now, more refreshed and still energetic despite the dark dreary rain that was very unforgiving just a few steps away. And her eyes followed the Kiokote, a sweet smile on her face in return when she saw that handsome smile, giggling a little. "So I see! I am glad -- and much thankful that I'm not here to wait this rain out alone, you seem like nice company!" Very casually she trotted over nearby where the buck was sitting, flipping her hair back and seeing the other buck clearly. "Same with me! Though I was more dancing through than anything, it seemed that my dancing brought even more rains." She joked, sitting by his side and turning her face to the rain. "It's still rather beautiful, isn't it?"  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:16 pm
A soft sound of good humor escaped him, watching the giggling doe approach. "I don't know about nice, but I'll try to be good company." Chortling a little at himself, he flicked his tail to the side to allow her more freedom to sit. "Ah, so this downpour is your fault! Good to know who to blame." Thorn wore a mock-serious expression for a moment. "I'll have you know I had things to do and places to be." Another light smile dissolved the stern look, chuckling under his breath. "This sidetrack doesn't seem so bad."

Turning his pale gaze outward, he shrugged his broad shoulders. "I can't see much but water. I'd rather see something to chase or something to overcome. I'm not so good at sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:17 pm
"It's my fault--- Oh no!! do you hate me now? Please tell me what I can do for you! I can dance for you if you want-- though that may make the rain even stronger!" She laughed at his playfulness, smiling happily at her company. leaning her head against her hooves to pretend to look very sad, sighing deeply. "I didn't want to get stuck in one place, that wasn't my plan -- but I agree, this isn't bad at all." She gave him a brief flirtatious wink.

She followed his gaze for a moment and then turned back to him, ears perking. "Right??" She agreed wholeheartedly, nodding her head. "I wish for it to be spring already--with all the flowers, mushrooms, butterflies and animals out and about--- but," she sighed for real this time. "Spring starts with showers, which is important but doesn't make it any less sad."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:18 pm
Thorn snorted -- and then laughed, shaking his damp head with helpless amusement. "I'd be a right Totoma's a** if I hated you for bringing the rain. I know I'm not nice company but give me some credit, hm?" When she put her head on her hooves, the buck hefted himself up and moved next to her, sitting down again and dipping his head to lick her forehead. "There there, rain dancer. Tears just means more wetness and we've got that in droves." His brows lifted briefly at the wink and, deciding he enjoyed the attention, he gently bumped the top of his nose beneath her cheek. "Can't complain much," he agreed.

Her earnest sigh made him actually feel a bit down, as if her very presence of wilting in the rain was far more awful than it should be. The Kiokote glanced out into the rain before he too sighed, standing up. "If it's sad, then you have to make it happy. You leave me no choice, rain dancer - this is your fault!" Shaking his tail as though it would wind him up to launch, he leaped out of the safety of the low bough and directly into the torrential downpour.

"MotherFATHER that's -- warm!" Surprise was in his voice as he was instantaneously drenched, shaking his head about like a wild animal and rearing up on his hind legs, coming down on his front hooves with an impressive splash. The rain was so heavy that even his kicks and jumps didn't seem to fling mud anywhere, water droplets sailing before being pounded back down to the earth with the force of the sheet of rain. Turning in a circle, he flashed her a playful smile, flicking his tail in her direction and sending a rather large arc of water towards the shelter.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:18 pm
She smiled sweetly and in surprise when her face was licked, tilting her head subtly to the side. "Oh but you are nice company! More than nice, I really am lucky that it was you in here and not a grumpy turtle or something!" she teased, blinking slowly up at him with his face near hers, rubbing subtly for a moment like that. "If I cry now, it will be happy tears, trust me." Free Spirit was pleased with the warmth of the other.

Ears perked and faced up the dreary sky when he stood up, pouting a little at the lost feeling at her side, but then parted her muzzle to say something -- not expecting the buck at all to dive into the waterfall of a weather with those words he just said. "What--- what are you doing!!!?" But she was already laughing, a big earnest smile on her face, giggling at how DRENCHED he was as if he jumped into a lake. She made note to shout at him since the rain was so strongly falling, though mostly what escaped her lips was her giggling, flattered that he was doing this--whatever this is for her, bright eyes watching him with earnest.

"Oh---OH THAT'S NOT FAIR!" She yelped at the wave that wet at her hooves, the cheerful smile still on her face but a little mischievous at this little game this buck was getting at. "So you play dirty! I see how that is!" She flipped her hair back, jumping into the rain as well, immediately soaked in water, but she didn't mind it at all this time.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:19 pm
The buck laughed, easy and sunny as though the rain wasn't there at all. "No, dear rain dancer, that's called karma for earlier!" He was teasing - kind of - but mostly was encouraging her laughter, her mirth, and hopefully a sense of ease in the face of the heavy weather. Thorn was absolutely delighted when the doe surprised him by joining him in the rain, especially when she was so immediately drenched as he was. Her hair was so long that he was afraid she might trip on it, but he had to remind himself that it was her hair - it's not like it was suddenly new to her in the rain. With a joyful sound, he kicked and splashed closer to her, laughing, not aiming the water for her anymore but simply jumping around like a foal with a lively playmate.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:21 pm
There was water everywhere, her hair was drenched, she couldn't really hear well but she was terribly happy, jumping in place and trotting all over near the buck. "If this is karma, it's fine! Life is treating me well right now! I love it!" she said with a happy shout, running in a circle, flipping her hair back from time to time to reveal her happy expression, finally reaching this buck and finding a moment to touch her nose to his cheek. "I like you very much!" Free Spirit said simply before running in a circle around him, water splashing everywhere and then touching her nose again to his neck. The rainfall surprising her and bringing something more exciting than butterflies and silly mongooses for once.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:22 pm
"I like you too!" he laughed in return, turning in tight circles to watch her, slipping a little but still keeping himself upright. Thorn nosed her back, friendly and affectionate, easily caught up in the whimsy of the moment and the thrill of being silly and free. Pressing his wet shoulder to hers, he smiled, breathless and starry eyed. "I know of a cave not far from here," he said over the din of the rain, "maybe we can keep each other company while the rain passes?" Another gentle nosing and subtle lift of his brow was indicator enough to what he meant - or so he hoped.  
"That's very good!" She laughed and giggled, her tail swishing to wet him from time to time but mostly running around with him, almost slipping once but he caught her fall, the doe feeling more and more charmed by this buck. And she made happy sounds with the touches to her, nosing him when she could before they ran around like little filly's again in the rain, wet, a little chilly but that really didn't matter at all, all she knew was that she'd never forget this day she met him. "Ah?" her eyes were a tad wide but immediately blinked sweetly at him, nodding her head immediately. "I would love to go with you, rain dancer number two! If this was any indication, we will have a lovely, exciting night together." Then she licked at his cheek, eager and smitten, her heart beating against her chest, excited.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

He laughed light-heartedly, bowing his head in agreement. "Couldn't ask for better company. Come on, let's go dry off and warm up!" Thorn nosed her neck lightly before taking the lead by walking shoulder to shoulder, careful not to lose her (or their footing) in the rain. Inwardly, he was grateful for the rain, as now he had an amazing end of the day to look forward to with genuinely good company. He truly could not ask for more.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games