Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Soul Eater Official Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:03 pm
User Image

Photo Credit - Soul Weapon & Maka Myster - Soul Eater Anime Series

Taken at Youmacon 2013 - Detroit "Ren Cen", Michigan

Hello Everyone,

I'm very happy to start this Thread about one of my all time favorite Anime series, Soul Eater. When I first saw a lot of Cosplayers for this series I got really curious and bought it on DVD. Since then I've been hooked on the series and Love the characters. Many of the characters of the series are based on characters associated with Halloween which happens to be my birthday. smile At every con I look for Soul Eater Cosplayers and get excited when I find them.

My favorite characters are Maka and Death the Kid. So please let us know what you think of this fun and sometimes silly series and your favorite characters.The following Character list and series plot are from Wikipedia.

Main Characters

Lord Death (Also known as Shinigami & the Grim Reaper. Father of Death the Kid & Asura) - Runs the Death Weapon Meister Academy (DWMA)
Maka Albarn - Meister & Soul Eater - Weapon (Scythe)
Black Star - Meister (Assassin & Martial Artist) & Tsubaki Nakatsukasa - Weapon (kusarigama, shuriken & ninjato)
Death the Kid - Meister & Liz and Patty Thompson - Weapons (Pistol Partners)
Witch Medusa - Leader of the Witch Organization
Crona - (Medusa’s child) Meister & Ragnarok - Weapon (Demon Sword)
Eruka Frog - Works for Medusa
Witch Arachne (Medusa’s older sister) - Runs her organization Arachnophobia
Mosquito - Works for Arachne
Asura - the first kishin
Franken Stein - DWMA teacher
Marie Mjolnir - DWMA teacher and Death Scythe
Excalibur - Holy Sword
Blair - A black cat with exceptionally strong magic powers who could turn into a Witch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:13 pm
User Image

Photo Credit - Excalibur Cosplayer & Hand Made Plushie

Taken at Jafax 18 (2013) - Allendale Campus of Grand Valley State, Allendale, Michigan

Main Manga Plot

Soul Eater is set at Death Weapon Meister Academy "DWMA" for short. Located in the fictional Death City in Nevada, United Staes. The school is run by Shinigami, also known as Death, as a training facility for humans with the ability to transform into weapons, as well as the wielders of those weapons, called meisters. Attending this school are meister Maka Albarn and her scythe partner Soul Eater, assassin Black Star and his partner Tsubaki Nakatsukasa, who can turn into weapons such as a kusarigama, shuriken, and ninjato, and Shinigami's son Death the Kid and his pistol partners Liz and Patty Thompson. The goal of the school's meister students is to have their weapons defeat and absorb the souls of 99 evil humans and one witch, which will dramatically increase the power of the weapon and turn them into "death scythes", weapons capable of being used by Shinigami.

Shortly after the start of Soul Eater, Maka and Soul Eater face off against the witch Medusa, who forces her child Crona, meister of the demon sword Ragnarok, to collect non-evil human souls and begin the journey to transform into a kishin, an evil god. Medusa and her cohorts attack DWMA with the intention of reviving Asura, the first kishin who nearly plunged the entire world into madness before being sealed beneath DWMA by Shinigami. Despite the combined efforts of Maka, Black Star, and Death the Kid, Medusa's group successfully revives Asura, who leaves to spread chaos around the world after a brief battle with Shinigami. However, Medusa is seemingly killed by meister and DWMA teacher Franken Stein in the process, while Crona surrenders to the DWMA and goes on to enroll there and befriend Maka

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:19 pm
Main Manga Plot Continued

As a result of Asura's spreading madness, Medusa's older sister Arachne comes out of hiding after 800 years. Arachne reforms her organization Arachnophobia, which poses itself as a serious threat to DWMA. Shinigami calls in death scythes from around the world to aid in the fight against Arachnophobia. During this time, Medusa reappears with her soul in the body of a girl, and forms a truce with DWMA so they can annihilate the threat of Arachnophobia together. The DWMA students and Medusa's entourage infiltrate Arachnophobia's headquarters where Maka defeats Arachne, only for Medusa to betray DWMA, possess Arachne's body, and brainwash Crona into rejoining her. Meanwhile, Death the Kid is captured by Noah, an artificial construct created from the Book of Eibon's Tables of Contents. Following this, Maka finally succeeds in turning Soul Eater into a death scythe. The duo become part of the newly formed meister unit Spartoi along with their friends, who rescue Death the Kid and defeat Noah (Greed), though a new Noah (Wrath) is created by the arcane power of the Book of Eibon thanks to its Tables of Contents.

While DWMA searches for Asura's whereabouts, Crona resurfaces in a city in Russia, destroying it and killing the death scythe stationed there, finally being taken by insanity after being forced by Medusa to kill her. Maka is ordered by Shinigami to hunt down Crona, and while searching for her with her powers, she inadvertently discovers Asura's location on the moon. The DWMA launches an attack on the moon to take down Asura, just to be repelled by his Clown armies. Maka and the others manage to take the upper hand helped by the witches after Death the Kid successfully convinces them to establish a temporary alliance, but the situation gets even more chaotic with the interference of Crona, who absorbs Asura's body before being overtaken by him. In the end, Maka, Kid and Black Star, along their weapons, defeat Asura in a decisive battle on the Moon and return on Earth, with Death the Kid becoming the new Shinigami in place of his deceased father and establishing a peace treaty with the witches.

Differences in the anime adaptation

The anime series faithfully adapts the plot of the manga until DWMA's first major battle against Arachnophobia, at which point it deviates from the manga's plot considerably. After giving DWMA information on Arachnophobia, Medusa takes advantage of Stein's increasing madness to lure him away with her. Crona leaves DWMA with teacher and death scythe Marie Mjolnir, and the two manage to bring back Stein after Maka defeats Medusa. Meanwhile, Arachne finds Asura and forms an alliance with him, intending to spread his madness across the world. Shinigami and Asura resume their fight in the ensuing confrontation between DWMA and Arachnophobia, which ends with Asura defeating Shinigami, turning on Arachne, and eating her soul. Maka defeats Asura in the final battle, Shinigami recovers from his injuries, and the world returns to normal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:24 am
I absolutely LOVE Soul Eater! Just like you Smithers, this is one of my all time faves!

At first, it took a bit of getting use to the art style, but easily adjusted because for some reason, it reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas (which is another one of my favourite movies).

I love the idea of Meisters and the ability to transform into Weapons. How cool is that?!

I'm actually planning on Cosplaying as Death the Kid or Blair (or both, eventually). I really hope I'll have the time to make my cosplay this year for FanExpo, Toronto.

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:20 pm
Starz-N-Madness
I absolutely LOVE Soul Eater! Just like you Smithers, this is one of my all time faves!

At first, it took a bit of getting use to the art style, but easily adjusted because for some reason, it reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas (which is another one of my favourite movies).

I love the idea of Meisters and the ability to transform into Weapons. How cool is that?!

I'm actually planning on Cosplaying as Death the Kid or Blair (or both, eventually). I really hope I'll have the time to make my cosplay this year for FanExpo, Toronto.

Hi Stephanie,

I have taken photos of almost every main character in the Soul Eater series. Some of them I have posted on my Deviant Art page and some of the photos I still have to work on. The most common character cosplayed is Maka. Their have been variations and different type of outfits that the Cosplayers have come up with. Most of them are carrying a Soul scythe and they vary in size and how they are made. The main photo in this thread I have not posted anywhere else yet. I wanted to share it with the Guild first. I can't wait to see your outfits.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:31 pm
Just found out today that Vic Mignogna is going to be a PHX Comic Con this year! He does the voice of Spirit ( Maka's father) for Soul Eater. I'm excited now! biggrin  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:40 pm
DarkHellBoy19
Just found out today that Vic Mignogna is going to be a PHX Comic Con this year! He does the voice of Spirit ( Maka's father) for Soul Eater. I'm excited now! biggrin

if you get the opportunity, meet him! He is beyond incredible and such a sweet guy. I met him last year (he is one of my favourite voice actors). I was so greatful to be given the chance to take a photo with him and have him sign one of my weapons from my Aigis (Persona) cosplay.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:47 pm
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

if you get the opportunity, meet him! He is beyond incredible and such a sweet guy. I met him last year (he is one of my favourite voice actors). I was so greatful to be given the chance to take a photo with him and have him sign one of my weapons from my Aigis (Persona) cosplay.

I'll make time to met him for sure, I remember when he announce being the voice of Zero for Vampire Knight here at one of the conventions years back but I never got to personally go up to him and talk to him. Funny, everyone is talking about Persona lately and I've never play or watch anything Persona related but it's popping up in conversations more lately. lol  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:00 pm
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

I'll make time to met him for sure, I remember when he announce being the voice of Zero for Vampire Knight here at one of the conventions years back but I never got to personally go up to him and talk to him. Funny, everyone is talking about Persona lately and I've never play or watch anything Persona related but it's popping up in conversations more lately. lol

I thought he did such a great job as Zero! I really enjoyed Vampire Knight. Wish they continued it.
Lol, that always happens to me, I hear about something and then it keeps popping up in more conversations. Persona is great! You should play and watch the anime. I started with watching the anime- it was awesome.

Have you watched Soul Eater?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:03 pm
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

I thought he did such a great job as Zero! I really enjoyed Vampire Knight. Wish they continued it.
Lol, that always happens to me, I hear about something and then it keeps popping up in more conversations. Persona is great! You should play and watch the anime. I started with watching the anime- it was awesome.

It's been a while since I've watched Vampire Knight but I remember he was wearing one of the day class uniforms at the convention I went too. lol
I'll have to give it a watch, I've just been hearing about a lot lately so maybe that's a sign. xD
I have watched Soul Eater and I got a few episodes in Soul Eater Not but I lost interest in that one. sweatdrop  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:49 am
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

It's been a while since I've watched Vampire Knight but I remember he was wearing one of the day class uniforms at the convention I went too. lol
I'll have to give it a watch, I've just been hearing about a lot lately so maybe that's a sign. xD
I have watched Soul Eater and I got a few episodes in Soul Eater Not but I lost interest in that one. sweatdrop
That's amazing- I wish I saw him dress up as that.
It's a sign! LOL. It's worth a shot- see if you like it.

I actually never watched Soul Eater Not! I'll watch it and tell you what I think lol. Who is your favoutite character?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:56 pm
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

I actually never watched Soul Eater Not! I'll watch it and tell you what I think lol. Who is your favoutite character?

I'll look up the Persona series then but where do I start? Seems like there is so many games for this series. x_x lol
I'm gonna have to say Stein is still my favorite, he's just got this uncanny way about him that I like. How about you? :3  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:14 pm
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

I'll look up the Persona series then but where do I start? Seems like there is so many games for this series. x_x lol
I'm gonna have to say Stein is still my favorite, he's just got this uncanny way about him that I like. How about you? :3

Ya, Persona has been around for a long time!
If you want to watch the anime, then that would be Persona 4!
Playing the games, honestly, I have only started playing PersonaQ. Persona 4 Arena is fun- it's a fighting game! Super fun!

I love Stein! Honestly, I love all the characters in Soul Eater, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I love Death the Kid, as well. I'm thinking of cosplaying as him, but a girl version. ^^~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:22 pm
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19
Starz-N-Madness
DarkHellBoy19

Ya, Persona has been around for a long time!
If you want to watch the anime, then that would be Persona 4!
Playing the games, honestly, I have only started playing PersonaQ. Persona 4 Arena is fun- it's a fighting game! Super fun!

I love Stein! Honestly, I love all the characters in Soul Eater, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I love Death the Kid, as well. I'm thinking of cosplaying as him, but a girl version. ^^~

I'll look at the anime first and then I'll find a list of how the games go in order o3o
Death the Kid is like my inner self when my OCD kicks in xD lol
You should do it! biggrin I think it would be fun to cosplay as Stein but I would want to roll around in a chair all day lol  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas