Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Bannister Family ~ Needs Updating

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 pm
Dorian Bannister - Father

Lacey Bannister - Mother

Devonte Bannister - Son

Layton Bannister - Son

Kai Bannister - Nephew/Cousin

Dorian, Lacey are Pending per job application. Devonte, Layton are Accepted! Essy! 4.3.15
Dorian and Lacey are accepted. Essy. 5.23.15
Kai Accepted - Weasley 6/14/15
- Update to Devonte Accepted by Weasley 1/21/16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:28 pm
Hi, my name is Dorian Bannister

But I mostly go by some have called me Dory. They quickly stopped. I suggest you do the same.

I'm a male.

I'm 37 years old.

My birthday is May 27th, 1994.

I work in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement

My dream job is the one I'm in right now.

My blood status is Pure-blood.

The house I was in was Slytherin

I was in the class of 2012

I'm interested in Women. My wife Lacey, of course.

I'm currently with My wife.

I may seem cold and calculating but I'm really exactly that. I don't care for others, other than ones in my immediate circle, such as my wife and my two sons. I have little friends, and don't care to make any more, as I like to focus more on my work than any platonic relationships. Deep down under the thick skin, though, is a heart of gold, it's just a matter of finding your way there, which can be prove to be quite difficult for most. I deal with things rationally and logically, and see the world as purely black and white. I haven't found many shades of grey during my life experience, so far. I place great faith in honesty and integrity, and will do whatever to uphold that part of me.

My background story is I come from French ancestry, seeing as my parents were born in France. Way before I was born, they moved to England, where of course, they had me. I picked up on some French from their conversations with themselves and friends, which was always nice. I wasn't one for quidditch, though I did enjoy seeing a good game once in awhile. Once I was out of Hogwarts, I went on to work for The Daily Prophet, reporting on political matters in the wizarding world, which quickly opened up opportunities for me to gain a position at the Ministry, where I met my beautiful wife.

I enjoy stories, nature, meditation, my wife, my two sons

I despise alcohol, drugs, disruptions, obnoxious individuals, rain

I'm afraid of bears

My strengths are Arithmancy & Alchemy

My flaws are History of Magic & Astronomy

I look like Sebastian Roche

My wand is a 11 inch wand with alder wood and a unicorn hair core

My pet is a small cat

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Defense Against the Dark Arts - O
Transfiguration - E
Herbology - A
Astronomy - A
Charms - O
History of Magic - O
Potions - A
Healing - E
Art - E
Arithmancy - O
Cursebreaking - E

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Transfiguration - E
Charms - E
History of Magic - E
Healing - E
Art - O
Arithmancy - O
Cursebreaking - E  

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:24 pm
Hi, my name is Lacey Bannister

I'm a female

I'm 33 years old.

My birthday is February 27th, 1998.

I work in the Daily Prophet.

My dream job is Well, I dunno!

My blood status is Pureblood

The house I was in was Hufflepuff

I was in the class of 2016.

I'm interested in guys.

I'm currently with my husband Dorian.

I may seem unresponsive and a little out-there but I'm really very kind and loving! Many have told me I'm the exact opposite of my husband, but I think that's a good thing. Opposites attract, as they say. I do treat my work seriously though, as well as my family life, which is something my significant other and I definitely have in common. My motto is "treat others as you want to be treated" and it's worked perfect for me so far! Some of the things I love are people and new experiences. Especially new experiences! I like to live in the present, and love excitement in my life. But who doesn't? Instead of making decisions rationally and logically like my husband, I prefer to make decisions using my own personal morals and values. People have told me I tend to be quite generous and warm, which of course is what I aim to do. You may not want me as your personal decision-maker, since I tend not to think about theory and future planning, but I'm great when it comes to practical care and sympathy!

My background story is well, unlike my husband, I was born here in England, learning all about Hogwarts from my dad, who was convinced I'd be going! Sure enough, when I was 11, it happened. I got the letter, and my dad was the first to read it and take me shopping. It makes me nostalgic to think back to those days. It seems like my life at Hogwarts just flew by, and it's amazing to see where I am now. I never would've thought I'd be settled down with a husband and two kids! Also unlike my husband, I was an avid fan of quidditch back in the day, and I was even a keeper for the Hufflepuff team. I could never pursue it outside of school, though. If I did, I probably wouldn't be where I am today, and I love where I am today!

I enjoy flying, traveling, working with others, playing with my sons, and helping others

I despise sadistic people, when Devonte is mean to Layton, yelling, war, blood

I'm afraid of Birds!

My strengths are History of Magic and Potions

My flaws are Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration

I look like Anna Kendrick

My wand is a 11 inch alder wand with a dragon heartstring core

My pet is a house cat!

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Charms - E
History of Magic - O
Transfiguration - A
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
Herbology - A
Astronomy - E
Potions - O
Divination - E
Muggle Studies - O
Study of Ancient Runes - A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Charms - E
History of Magic - O
Astronomy - A
Potions - O
Divination - E
Muggle Studies - O  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 pm
Hi, my name is Devonte Bannister

But I mostly go by Dev

I'm a male

I'm 15 years old.

My birthday is February 12th, 2017.

My dream job is to follow in my father's footsteps and become a Hit Wizard.

My blood status is pureblood werewolf.

The school I'm at is Hogwarts

The house I'm in is Slytherin

I'm interested in girls.

I'm currently with no one.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Cold. Cruel. An evil, arrogant shell of a person. Cocky. Sly. The one person you wouldn't want to trust, yet it seems like everyone does? I wonder why that is. I guess it's because of my charming demeanor. As I was saying, being raised by a very prestigious family, I've been a very prestigious child. And it shows. If we meet, chances are, I'm better than you. I can't put it any nicer than that, because it is the absolute truth. Besides that, I like to think I'm quite smart when it comes to mathematics and reading comprehension, which I would say, almost makes me a jack of all trades, since the two subjects are vastly different and I am incredibly skilled in both. My parents seem to think I'll be skilled in Quidditch as well, which I very much hope for. I'd love to go down in history as one of the greats.

My background story is I was born into a prestigious family, the Bannisters, who have been very well-known among the community as important, and wealthy. As a child, I never wasted my time mixing with the muggles, and instead was homeschooled, starting with basic arithmetic and English, then moving on to such things as foreign languages such as Italian and German, to mathematical subjects, such as algebra and trigonometry. When we were sent the letter from Hogwarts, none were surprised, to say the least. Why wouldn't they want someone like myself? I'm just a beautiful person in every sense of the word. My brother Layton, on the other hand.. oh yes, I suppose I should tell you about my twin brother. For a twin, he's not exactly anything like me. He's a weakling, who'd rather make friends than enemies. I'm incredibly surprised that he received a letter as well. But enough about him, focus on me. Since I'm better, of course. Have I emphasized that enough?

I enjoy mathematics, novels, money, success, extravagance

I despise the poor, small houses, the country-side, mexican food, and bubbly people.

I'm afraid of nothing! I mean, I'm a bit scared of horses, but who isn't?

My strengths are everything, but if I had to choose two they'd be persuasion and speed.

My flaws are nothing, but I'm less than excellent at patience and compassion.

I look like Max Thieriot

My wand is a 11-inch rowan wood, with a dragon heartstring core.

My pet is a none

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take an OWL in at the appropriate time)

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take a NEWT in at the appropriate time)  

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:14 pm
Hi, my name is Layton Bannister

I'm a male

I'm 14 years old.

My birthday is February 12th, 2017

My dream job is I don't know!

My blood status is Pureblood

The school I'm at is Hogwarts

The house I'm in is Hufflepuff

I'm interested in I dunno!

I'm currently with no one!

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Perky. Bubbly. Cheerful! Who wouldn't be? The world is a beautiful place, is it not? I think that life only stinks when you make it that way, and if I can, I'll always do my best to cheer your day up. I think that's just what this world needs, the way it is now, with all these wars and stuff. I don't like it, to say the least! Even though I can be pretty happy, I can be pretty sad too, though I tend to just push that away as much as I can. In terms of education, I'd say Dev is much smarter than me. I guess he just got the smart genes. Oh welll. Anyway, we were both homeschooled, and taught all about the wizarding world, so we both know quite a lot! But anyway, even if my mum and dad might spend a bit more time with Dev than they do with me, that doesn't bring me down. They're still good parents!

My background story is Well, you've probably already heard about Dev's life, so I won't go over all that, since I'm his twin! Much of what happened to him, happened to me as well. But anyway, we were born to a very prestigious family, with much renown and such. My brother's always been more likable to my father than I am, while I tend to share more with my mother. I don't know what it is. I think Dev just reminds dad of himself, and that's why he likes him so much. Also, an important part of my life so far was when I was very young, maybe only three or four. I don't remember what happened, but my parents say that a rock flew at my face at an incredibly high speed. I do remember an excruciating pain at that age, though, so I guess that it must be true. Long story short, I've had to wear an eyepatch over my right eye ever since. I don't mind it much, cause I think it makes me unique! He probably hasn't told you, but Dev doesn't hate everyone, like it seems he does. We love each other, though he'd never admit that. Hehe! Don't tell him I said that though. Anyway, even if my dad likes Dev more than me, both my mother and father were really happy when I got my acceptance letter along with Dev. Now it feels like we're more equal than before. It seems that they've loved me a little bit more since they found out I was magical, which is great! Now Dev isn't the only one who's special. Now I just hope I can share more with my dad..

I enjoy Reading, playing games, exercise, music, snow.

I despise Math, natural disasters, violence, war, anger

I'm afraid of Death.

My strengths are reading and learning!

My flaws are numbers and math stuff..

I look like this.

My wand is a 11 inch rowan wand, with a unicorn hair core.

My pet is a cat named Isaac!

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take an OWL in at the appropriate time)

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take a NEWT in at the appropriate time)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:59 pm
b a s i cxxxi n f o r m a t i o n

Legal Name: Kai Valentino Bannister

Aliases: Kai, Val

Blood Status: Pureblood

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship Status: Single

Date of Birth: November 8, 2018

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Nationality: British

Appearance: x

Current Residence: Oxfordshire, England

m a g i cxxxi n f o r m a t i o n

Education: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, class of 2038

O.W.L. Scores:
                      Astronomy:
                      Charms :
                      Defence Against the Dark Arts:
                      Herbology:
                      History of Magic:
                      Potions:
                      Transfiguration:

N.E.W.T. Scores:

Honors: N/A

Strengths: Reading & Writing

Weaknesses: Thinking & Logic

Patronus: N/A

Wand: 11 inch alder wand, made with a dragon heartstring core

m e n t a lxxxs t a t e

Personality: Kai is mainly focused on living internally, and lives in a world of endless possibilities. Though he can verge on the edge of severe depression, he's able to keep it in check for the most part and keep his spirits up. Kai tends to be hard to get to know, as he keeps to himself for the most part and doesn't dare to break down that wall he's had built up for himself. Though he has very strong ideas and opinions, they're not very well-known as he's deeply afraid of expressing them due to the fear of negative after effects.

He insists on having personal space; perhaps a bit too much. It tends to break him off from the real world even more. Even though he tends to keep to himself, he is acutely aware of others, and can be very skilled in making out what an individual may be like by their actions alone. Despite his severely introverted self, he cares very much about those around him, and always takes their feelings into consideration when doing anything.

Likes: Books, winter, sleeping, being alone, thunderstorms

Dislikes: Loud noises, crowded rooms, angry people, overwhelming heat, pitch darkness

Fears: Speaking in front of a large audience

p e r s o n a lxxxh i s t o r y

Pre-Hogwarts: Kai was born in London to Solomon Bannister and Olivia Bannister. When his mother died at childbirth, his father went into a deep depression, leaving him to rely on his babysitter for company and guidance. Due to the fact that she was only there for a limited amount of time each day, she would always leave before his father came home, usually stumbling and drunk. He was an angry drunk too, Kai had learned. He had taken quick notice of that and hid in his room until he could hear his father settling down.

He spent as much time as he could with his babysitter, who was the only real parental figure in his life. After a set amount of years though, his father had decided his son was too old to have a babysitter, and sent her away. Kai hadn't known for sure, but he suspected that half the reason was because he couldn't afford to pay her anymore. By that time, the boy had learned how to fend for himself for the most part, getting by without much help at all. Beyond just taking care of him, his babysitter had taught him how to read and write, which kept him from having to attend a public school. Once his father died in a tragic car accident, though, he was sent to live with his distant relatives (or they seemed distant to him--he had never met them), Dorian and Lacey, and their two sons, Devonte and Layton.

Hogwarts: N/A

Post-Hogwarts: N/A

r e l a t i o n s h i pxxxi n f o r m a t i o n

Pet: N/A

Friends: TBD

Family: Solomon Bannister, Father, Deceased ▼ Olivia Bannister, Mother, Deceased ▼ Dorian Bannister, Uncle ▼ Lacey Bannister, Aunt ▼ Devonte Bannister, Cousin ▼ Layton Bannister, Cousin

Classmates: TBD

Co-workers: TBD

Enemies: TBD

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff