Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Thompson Cottage Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:01 pm
Thompson Cottage

Located in Banbury, England, lies a small cottage, home to the Thompson Family. It's not a big place, but it's got a nice garden and a medium sized backyard. There's plenty of room to welcome guests, as well!

User Image

The house consists of a living room, a kitchen and dining room combo, a bathroom with a large tub, a master bedroom, and Lyall's room and study.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm
Where are we?

Adam Alexander Thompson
| Home | Work | Town | Other |

Ethel Lynn Thompson
| Home | Work | Town | Other |

Lyall Celyn Thompson
| Home | School | Wizarding World | Muggle World | Other |

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:17 pm
This house was built 14 years ago, and was built by Adam and his brothers.

Adam and Ethel were married shortly after the house's completion.

Two years after the wedding, Lyall was born and welcomed to the family dwelling.

There is almost always a garden growing, save for the dead of winter.

Guests are always welcome, so long as they help with dinner!

Welcome to the Thompson Home

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:36 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

-----------т н ι r d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

This summer had not been going well for Rider at all and it had barely just begun. Upon returning home, her mother had complained once again about her owl, demanding that the bird be kept in its cage at all times, regardless of the fact that she used her pet to communicate with her friends. Then her and her mother had gotten into an argument over breakfast. Rider wanted to journey to the magical part of Cork to look for books and her mother wanted to accompany her. But Rider insisted that she shouldn't because of how offsetting it would be for a Muggle. But the real clincher had been when Rider expressed her intent to travel to her friends' for time spent over the summer. Her mother expressly forbid it. When Rider spoke out, her mother had struck her. In a fit of rage, she had drawn her wand. No magic was cast, but the threat was present. Grounded, Rider stomped up to her room. She penned a letter to Tori Rae, attached it to Tintri's leg and sent the bird off. Then she packed a bag, stuck her wand in her pocket and climbed out her window. Off she strode to the magical neighborhood in Cork. From there, she caught the ever present Knight Bus, taking it to her friend's house in Banbury. Rider strode up to the door, tears still present in her eyes. She knocked, turning her head so that the massive bruise on her cheek was hidden. Then she waited, hoping that her friend was home and she could seek comfort with him.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Hey, hobo man, hey, dapper dan,
You've both got your style,
But, brother, you're never fully dressed without a smile!
Your clothes may be Beau Brummelly, they stand out a mile,

Lyall had been helping his mummy in the garden all morning, but he had decided to take a break for a while. He was munching a granola bar, when he heard a knock on the door. He looked at his parents, then went to go and peek out the window beside the door. He saw one of his very best friends, then called out to let his parents know he would get it, then he tugged open the wooden door. "Rider! Hi! What brings you to Banbury? Wait... are you crying?!" He hurried to step out and hug her, trying to provide her with whatever comfort she may need. He pet her hair, then guided her inside. "Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it? We can go sit up in my bedroom, I'm sure!" He hadn't ever actually invited a girl over, but he didn't think he would get in trouble! He announced his intention to his parents, then gestured toward the hallway.

Who cares what they're wearing on Main Street or Saville Row?
It's what you wear from ear to ear, and not from head to toe that matters.
So, senator, so, janitor, so long for a while.
Remember you're never fully dressed,
Though you may wear your best.
You're never fully dressed without a smile
Smile!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:06 am
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

Rider turned her head into her friend and new tears sprang out as he hugged her. The girl laid her head on his shoulder, happy for his embrace for the moment. Then he was pulling away and ushering her into his house. She wiped her eyes and adjusted her bag on her shoulder. It was surprising how heavy clothing could be. She bit her lip, knowing that Lyall would notice the huge purple bruise on her face at any moment. "Um, Lyall... N...never mind. Yes, can we sit? And... may I have something to drink? My throat is dry." Lots of crying would do that to you, after all. Her cheek throbbed and she wanted to do something about the pain, but she knew she couldn't brew potions and she wasn't sure what kind of Muggle medicine he had. Or if he had access to it. For now, she would deal with it.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyall frowned gently when Rider wiped at her eyes. She asked to sit and to get a drink, so he nodded. "Make yourself at home! You're more than welcome here! I'll get you a drink, alright! And I'll be right back!" He hurried into the kitchen, then returned with two glasses of homemade lemonade. He set them on coasters on the table, then sat on the couch, next to Bubbles, who was napping on a purple pillow. He pet the fluffy animal, then turned to study his friend. Her cheek was all bruised up, and he frowned deeper, a sure sign of his distress. "Rider... you're hurt. What happened? That looks like it hurts a bunch!" He didn't know what to do to help, but he figured she'd tell him if there was a need. He tilted his head, one of his curls springing back up.

Smile!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

Rider smiled weakly when Lyall returned with a glass of lemonade and sat it on the table. She reached for it, but Lyall noticed the bruise and asked what had happened. Sitting back on the couch, Rider inhaled. She was trying to prevent herself from crying again, and failing. Tears dribbled out of her eyes and she said, "It... it was me mum. She hit me." The girl wiped her eyes and looked at Lyall with a sad expression. "We got into a fight cause she wouldn't let me come visit you and Tori. We argued and she hit me. So I drew my wand on her." She wiped her eyes again, fighting back the urge to sob. "I... I didn't cast any magic though. I just... ran upstairs." She broke down now and started to sob, moving closer and laying her head on her friend.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyall watched Rider, gauging her reaction. As she explained her story, the boy looked visibly upset. He wasn't sure why a mother would ever hurt their poor little one, and the thought of his best friend being hurt was hard for him to accept. His dark eyes were releasing tears, and though he wasn't hurt, Lyall was terribly upset. The boy hugged the girl close, letting her find comfort in him. He held her tight, hoping to inform her that he'd always be there for her. "It's not very nice of her, no way. You can stay here as long as you need, I'm sure! We have a spare bedroom and all!" He looked into her eyes, still visibly shaken. He didn't want her to be hurting!

Smile!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

When he hugged her, Rider practically climbed into his lap, seeking comfort in his arms. After several long moments, she pulled away and wiped her eyes again. "I... I couldn't impose on your family Lyall. I was... I don't know. Maybe my aunt would let me stay with her. Or... or.. I could stay at like... King's Cross Station or something." She rubbed her eyes again and sighed, then took a sip of the lemonade that Lyall provided, quenching the burning sensation in her throat. It wasn't very sweet, but she didn't expect it to be. Setting the glass back down, she curled her legs up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. At that moment, she felt really small.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:39 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori had been enjoying a relaxing day at home, reorganizing her closet again, this time by color and fabric type. She was halfway through her collection of blouses when an owl pecked on her window. She recognized it as Rider's owl, and opened her window for it. The bird jumped inside and dropped a letter on her dresser. "Hm? What's this?" she asked as she picked it up and unrolled it. As she read the letter, Tori frowned. Something bad had happened to Rider?! Running away from home?! What was going on?! Tori slipped on her shoes and hurried downstairs, shouting. "MOOOOMMM!! Can you take me to Lyall's house?!" ---

Tori hated apparating, but it was the only way her mother could get her all the way to Lyall's house in the shortest amount of time possible, since his parents' were Muggles and weren't connected to the Floo system. When they finally arrived, she felt extremely woozy. "Urp... I'm okay..." she mumbled, making her way up to the front door, her mother right behind her. "Are you going to tell me what this is all about, Victoria?" her mother asked. "It's really super important, Mom! Like, uber important!" Tori replied, frantically knocking on the front door.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR THIRD YEARxxx

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.
                                                            If all you see is how I look, you miss the superchick within. And I christen you titanic, underestimate and swim.
                                                            I've got the rifle gonna be myself. I'll be everything that I want to be! I am confidence in insecurity.
                                                            I am a voice yet waiting to be heard. I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear round the world. I'm a one girl revolution.

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:52 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyall cuddled his dear friend close, letting her work through her emotions. When she pulled away, just after having him offer her a room, the girl denied his help, saying she could sleep at her aunts, or bum at the train station. He gasped, covering his mouth with his hand. "Oh no! I could never let you go without a place to sleep! Please promise you won't go without a home! I'm more than welcoming you here! My parents will want you here too!" He sniffled, wiping his teary eyes, before the door was knocked upon. He went and peered through the small side window, before throwing the door open. "Tori Rae! Oh thank gracious you've come! Ooooh! It's bad! Rider's all shaken up! I could use your help! She wants to sleep at the train station!" He practically collapsed on the blonde, hugging her tight while tears fell. He'd never heard such a sad tale, and it hurt his heart to think his friend wasn't able to be home and safe! What was he to do?! Hopefully Tori could fix everything. She was good at that.

Smile!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 pm
User Image

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

Rider was getting ready to respond to Lyall, saying that she really didn't want to impose. She already felt bad, but imposing on them would make her feel worse. But then there was a knock on the door. Rider figured that Tori had finally gotten her letter and arrived. She followed behind Lyall a little and watched him throw open the door and hug her. Following with tears streaming from her eyes, Rider wrapped her arms around both of them. The bruise on her cheek was a dark purple and was clearly presented to Tori. "Thank Merlin you came Tori. I..." Her voice broke as a sob escaped and she sniffled, fresh tears streaming down her cheeks. She was glad that her friends were back together, because without them, she didn't know what she would do.

♪ I wanna scream ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:54 am
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori waited for the door to open, impatiently tapping her foot. When the door finally opened, she was greeted by a massive hug from both Lyall and Rider. She struggled to stay standing, but hugged her friends tightly. Lyall explained that Rider was upset and wanted to stay at the train station. Why on Earth would anyone want to stay there? It was filthy! Rider started to cry, again most likely based on how unattractively puffy her eyes were, leaving Tori outright confused. "What do you mean 'stay at the train station?' What's going on?!" she asked. She pulled away from the hug and hurried inside. They could talk about it inside. Plus, she was still a little woozy from the trip. Tori's mother followed after them, looking for the boy's parents. She needed to know just what was going on here.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR THIRD YEARxxx

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.
                                                            If all you see is how I look, you miss the superchick within. And I christen you titanic, underestimate and swim.
                                                            I've got the rifle gonna be myself. I'll be everything that I want to be! I am confidence in insecurity.
                                                            I am a voice yet waiting to be heard. I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear round the world. I'm a one girl revolution.

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:16 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyall was about to release Tori, but Rider flopped against him, lingering the hug. The instant Rider started crying, Lyall rotated to hold her up, thinking her to need the support. Tori Rae started questioning, so the boy gestured to the house. He moved to open the door, then looked at Tori Rae's mumma. "Hello Mrs. Macclellan. My Mumma and Dad are in the kitchen, just through there. They've got tea, chilled tea, coffee, milk, soy milk, and some juice, I think. Plus, you can meet my parents! How nice!" He put on a charming smile, then turned to his friends, the smile hurriedly fading at Rider's disposition. "Rider and her mumma got in a fight, I believe, and that lead to Rider getting smacked, and then she came here. She refuses to sleep over, and she said she'd sleep at King's Cross! We can't allow that, Tori Rae!" He paced, fingertips drumming the arm of his glasses as he pondered just what to do here.

Smile!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash