Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 pm
Naohiko made careful folds into the paper while glancing every now and then at Setsuna to make sure he was making the origami puppy correctly. He *ALMOST* thought he had the ears right when the Doji princess addressed Chiyo-chan. YAY! He twinked out again! Odds are he missed something vital and important. Ah well. Naohiko knew what he needed to do to make the origami dog work, but he wanted to get it right on the first pass. No matter. Naohiko needed to see how his princess responds to the Crane one before going further.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:11 pm
Kaichiyo gave another formal bow in recognition of the apology before waving her hand dismissively. "Truly the hosts of the Doji court are as kind and welcoming as I've been told. It would be rude of me not to offer the absolute finest Megumi Tenpi has to offer, caught fresh from our season-perfect crystal waters. A personal recipe I learned directly from our own Himura Natsuki, favored cook to the late Emperor Iweko II himself. A culinary delight of Imperial standards. You shan't be disappointed."

The young princess smiled in turn, bright and encouraging. They may have trained her as a bushi, but she was alive in court. This was her game, and it was oh so exciting to finally get to play it for real stakes.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:56 pm
Doji Kioko would light up at Kaichiyo's sell - not SETSUNA light up, but more of a normal-person kind - and press one index finger daintily between her lower lip and chin. "My, that does sound interesting~" she would comment. With the gift now being only a proposal, she was more lenient with protocol. "You'll have to let me know as soon as you can prepare such a delight," she would say, clapping her hands together once. "But don't worry about that yet, you really should settle first. There will be a lot of people who will want to meet you, all of you."

Kioko would turn her gaze past you four to Masanori, who would clear his throat. "Yes, well, if that's all for now, I can help oblige the princess's wishes and see you to your rooms, if you have no other pressing matters." He would quickly glance at Naohiko (man, it was taking a long time making a perfect origami replica of Setsuna), then to the rest of you. His body language would suggest that he is ready to guide you away.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:00 pm
"Arigatou." Gendo bowed his head lightly and shifted, ready to follow the man.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:16 am
Naohiko bowed to the Asahina and signified his readiness to be lead wherever. "Setsuna-san is a more challenging subject than I first anticipated. It will require a little more time to complete. I can assure you it will be done by morning. Please forgive me."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:18 am
Shi bowed again, "I shant offer you my gift thrice, but allow me to leave you with some wisdom from the Tao, 'A handful of wealth is worth a handful of dust when compared to the riches a samurai's family gives to them.'" With that he offered yet another bow and began to follow the others out, once he had separated himself from their host a ways he said, "There is much wisdom that seems applicable to this visit. 'The truth is always simple. Liars make things complicated.' 'Guard your words carefully, for you own every word you speak.'" He mused, "And most importantly, "To serve the Tao is to serve the Empire. The one cannot be parted from the other, no more than the sea can be parted from the land.” He smiled as they walked off towards the festivities.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:36 pm
The young princess gave a smile and another bow, "The crate arrived with us. I can prepare it as soon as you're ready to eat~"

And with that she brought her attention to the Asahina, the barest of head tilts the only sign of her confusion and curiosity at the suggestion that there might actually be people here specifically interested in meeting any of them, and a quick glance to Naohiko to see if this was cause for concern. No luck on that front. Well the world was an oyster, and it was time to start digging in. After they'd settled into their rooms, anyway. "I do believe that concludes matters here for the moment. Lead on."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:51 pm
Doji Kioko would nod in response to Naohiko. "It is a gift you had no way to prepare for. I understand, and look forward to it," she would politely say with a slight smile.

In response to Shi, Kioko would express a mix of neutrality and slight confusion, tilting her head just slightly. She would not respond, however. Partly because there isn't much a young samurai can do to be prepared for unsolicited advice from a monk, concerning the Tao.

But, alas, all good things would come to an end, and you would be dismissed. Asahina Masanori would speak up after a short walk away (just after Shi's further recitations), to be out of earshot. "I'm so sorry everyone, especially you, Gendo-san," he would formally apologize, stopping to bow deeply. "Kioko-sama and I grew up together. She has always wanted a dog, yet her mother would not give her one; a lesson about not getting what one wants, or something to that effect. Kioko never told me the exact reason. I had erroneously assumed that Setsuna was a gift derived from research, which I had thought was an enormous feat considering the distance Shiro Himura lies from here. The fault lies entirely with me, since I knew how she would react. I thought it would have been favorable for you."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:08 pm
"Ah." He blinks and bows his head back lightly. "Well, I will see that she is on top priority when he has puppies, as Naohiko-san offered. Should not be too long, he's been quite friendly with one of the ones that assist in protecting Kaichiyo-hime's residence."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:40 am
"It would have been some impressive research, yes." she mused, before shifting to a more devious, almost lecturing tone, "And would have been quite bold of us to go against the Crane Champion's wishes."

She let the implication stay at that, knowing this Masanori fellow was definitely the clever sort, and hoping Gendo would catch on as well. She gave a low bow of her own, "But I am deeply honored to know you are looking out for us. It's no secret the Kraken are falling out of favor. Such acts of friendship are infinitely precious. I won't forget it, and I hope this misunderstanding does not dissuade you from further kindness."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:06 pm
Masanori would bow in response to Kaichiyo's kind words, then upon standing, would begin to explain: "In this case, actually, Kioko-sama is hosting, so-

Suddenly, a door further ahead from all of you would SLAM! open, and an furious-looking samurai-ko from the Lion Clan would storm through. She had shoulder-length blonde hair, tied back in several thick locks, a fierce and determined face complete with more fang-like canines than you're used to seeing, and... a lot of bandaged bits. Probably a good third of her body was bandaged up. She would pause for but a moment, before bellowing out "KIOKO!!" before storming down towards the throne room, where you guys just departed from. She was flanked by several Daidoji, fruitlessly trying to calm her down but not physically barring her, and they seemed distressed at their failure to influence the woman.

People here can give me an Intelligence/Lore: Heraldry to know who this is.

"Oh, bother," Masanori would mutter. He would gesture to the lot of you to follow him, as he started leading you away down a different hall. Do you follow?  
PupSage rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 4, 1, 10, 8, 2 Total: 40 (7-70)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:52 pm
Intelligence: 3k3
Awareness/Courtier: 3k2 (+5 to TN)
1 extra in case of explosion.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 4 Total: 23 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 pm
Int: 3k3  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 8, 1 Total: 10 (3-30)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:02 pm
Naohiko continued following the Asahina as he was bid. Given Masanori's reaction, it would probably save them a whole bunch of trouble, rather than investigating a matter where their metaphorical tentacles didn't belong.

OOC:
Lore Heraldry/Int Roll
Results: 10  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 3, 5, 5, 3 Total: 29 (6-60)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:32 pm
Curiosity was a funny thing.

[Intelligence/Lore: Heraldry 4k3 = 18]  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers