[PRP] Love Despite Fear [Kiska x Alayna Belrose]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:48 pm
Private RP between Novablu's Kiska and Painted Moose's Alayna Belrose.

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 pm
The crisp late-winter wind swirled through the valley, cresting over the tops of dead, brown long-grass, making them shiver in the breeze. Kiska stood near the top of the tallest cliff, overlooking the territory that she knew would become beautiful and plush and green in the next few months, but for now looked bland and distant. Lands that she'd been raised in, though the family who had raised her was a thing of the past. Sometimes family was more than the womb that carried you and the seed that spawned you. Sometimes family was the very lifeblood that flowed through your heart, keeping it beating for a reason.

Kiska had a reason. Well, now she had several reasons. She'd never truly believed Alayna about the Wishing Star. It had seemed so...fantastic, a fantasy that would never really come true. What could a star in the sky do to grant two lovers kids of their own? And yet, kept hidden away from the world in the fields where they lived, three pastel painted baskets lay, their gemstones gleaming in the sunlight as little forms grew within the wicker. Her heartbeat skittered wildly, worry and fear rising up despite how much she already loved them, how much she truly loved Alayna.

But she was scared. Her foalhood had been filled with anger and pain, yelling and cursing and the slash of fangs when her father's ire would rise. What did she--a lowly mare with kalona blood--know about raising a family? The lump grew in her throat, but she swallowed it back, standing tall as the winds blew through her fur. She was scared because she'd kept the truth hidden. Thinking that maybe if she buried it, it would disappear.

She'd told Alayna to meet her here. The truth would come out... Kiska just prayed to every god imaginable that Alayna's faith in her would never falter.  

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm
Novablu

Stray puffs of wind skirted around the edges of her wounds just enough so that what tendrils of blood had seeped forth changed direction. Alayna's left shoulder was scuffed, and for once she was without her adornments. It wouldn't have done for her cloths to become bloodied, or worse, tattered. Belrose or not, the young mare still had an image to keep. Accoutrements aside, the lack of bobbles allowed her injury to stand out against her pale fur.

As she walked each hoof fall felt heavier than the last. What brush she passed had finally begun to dry after Winter's frost had fled. This was not the same territory she adored. There were no wild tiger lilies to greet her, nor were there lilacs to grace her from miles away. Even the tufted weeds that always sent her into tailspins of sneezing would have been a welcome distraction.

A lot weighed on Alayna's mind that day. She was returning from visiting her parents, and though their words pressed into her soul her heart ached. Kiska had become distant lately; well, more so than usual. A part of her feared that it was the arrival of their baskets, but Alayna forced herself to bypass that train of thought. Then again, she didn't believe me at first...

It took a while for her to scale the cliff, but when she did Alayna paused to take in the view. A wild tail moving with the wind, giving her glimpses of the most pert little rump she'd ever seen. What has you so worried, love?

Steeling herself into her performance, Alayna lifted her left forehoof and limped herself closer to her mate. "Forgive me for being late," She smiled, "I was...held up."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:04 pm
Painted Moose
{sorry this is so late!}

Kiska felt her mate before the other mare ever spoke, the tingling feeling of a gaze adorning her backside, and a small smile crept onto her face. She flicked her short, cornflower blue tail for good measure before looking over her shoulder at Alayna. Her wings folded tight, close to her body as she angled herself towards the other mare, head tipped as she took in the other's injuries, scuffs and bruises and gashes... That day on the cliffs... She'd truly felt she'd lost her. Truly felt that her world would spiral into a nosedive if Alayna didn't open her eyes again.

Had she lost her, she would've been lost as well. Lost to the world. Kiska breathed a sigh of relief as she turned to face her mate, bumping her velvet muzzle against Alayna's as the other mare spoke. "It doesn't matter," she said with a small smile. "Better late than never, right?" A soft laugh escaped her, though it was without humor, the fear of the truth weighing heavy on her heart. "Would you walk with me? I... I have so much on my mind and... I'm afraid. I'm afraid once the truth comes out, that you might leave. Take our babies and go and it would kill me, Alayna. So..."

She nudged her mate's shoulder in a come-hither motion, then took off at a slow amble into the paths of the woods, knowing Alayna would catch up to her in no time. Kiska was a small mare, especially small for a kalona, and Alayna's long strides made it easy to catch up. Even as she moved, her heartbeat raced, thudding hard against her ribs.  

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:30 pm
Novablu
No worries! I'm exactly on time myself lol.

At the very least her efforts had not been in vain. Alayna's scuffles had brought her attention from Kiska, if only just enough to get her to actually look.

There was too much between them for Alayna not to be concerned. If a push was what this needed to take the weight from her lover's shoulders then so be it. She nipped at Kiska's muzzle in a teasing fashion before brushing her cheek against her mate's. "Of course I'll walk with you, sweetheart. I'm sure that whatever is on your mind isn't enough for me to take such drastic measures."

It did perk her curiosity, though. What could possibly be so grave as to worry her mate to the point where she feared all would be lost? Alayna's stride was slower so that she wouldn't catch up to Kiska so quickly. It would give her mate time to formulate her thoughts, and time for Alayna to process. Still, even at her ambling pace the half-uni brushed against the smaller mare within no time at all. "What's troubling you, Kiska?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games