Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:07 pm
mewmew kittykat94

It was a perfect tree.

She had no idea what color it was, or how high it went from where she carefully perched on one of its branches, but she knew its wood, and she knew it had something special attached to it.

A boll. A tumor-like lump in its bark. Peyla, her sprite, had shown it to her. Chiming eagerly, she had been led by her sprite up the tree. Tentatively she had reached out and touched the strange, bulbous growth.

It was exactly what she needed. Right now, she was carefully sawing, relying entirely on her sense of touch and pressure to keep the knife going through the lump and not her own flesh. She wanted that boll. It was perfect.

Dyakida's craft, often, saw her carving wood into staves and bows, sheathes and shafts. But the weaponcrafter did other things as well. Utensils were in as high demand as weapons, and sometimes a good cooking blade could be as valuable as a Sister's dual blades. This boll could easily be a bow... or a shield... or a helm for those sisters who wished such things... or a shoulder guard. The possibilities for the boll were endless, and Dyakida wanted to make one of those possibilities into a reality. She was unsure of where she was, but she trusted Peyla to lead her where she needed to go: the sprite rarely failed her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:22 am
DraconicFeline

There was no specific goal for the day, no real reason for his leaving the canopy and exploring under store. But Careele maneuvered through the limbs with relative ease, enjoying the sun's absence and the cool shade upon him. It was soothing from the usual warmth.

Warmth was the last thing he needed as he continued to explore. It seemed as though he wandered farther away from his home with every day, needing this as a way to pass the time before the next full moon. This feeling of being stuck in a rut was making him go crazy unless he was out exploring, but wandering aimlessly didn't seem like a good use of time either. There was no direction in life for him right now, and his wandering followed this pattern. How sad.

Side stepping the vines that were strewn across a branch, he glanced up and caught flash of yellow between the trees. It was quite a distance away, so he wasn't sure what he was looking at immediately ,but in this forest of reds and purples, yellow was a rarity. Curiosity would easily get the better of him, as it always did. With a smile crossing his face, he slowly began to move closer, not wanting to disturb.

Moving closer, he soon realized that he was looking at an Alkidike, an adult one at that. Should he continue approaching? He had only come across one previously, but from the makeshift spear that she had pointed at him when they met as younglings, who knew what would come from him coming closer to this one? Excitement laced with a dab of fear coursed through him.

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:25 pm
mewmew kittykat94

Suddenly, the knife slipped from her hands, passing through the wood and tumbling to the ground. ”Ah, muck and roots.” Dyakida cursed, listening for some hint to its location. She would have to climb all the way down and retrieve it, and then all the way back up to the tree and find the boll again... It would be such a hassle.

Peyla chimed questioningly.

”Or, you could go get it.” Dyakida said. Yes. That was a better option. ”Peyla, go get my knife, please?”

Peyla chimed an affirmative – she was a good sprite, and she was helpful: yes she was! She fluttered agilely down the tree and paused, catching sight of bright white. The sprite squinted her little eyes and fluttered, before chiming and fluttering over to investigate the Shifter, scolding him: he shouldn't be sneaking around in the shadows, after all.

”Peyla?” Dyakida called, ”What is it?”  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:19 am
DraconicFeline

He continued watching the Alkidike in the tree, still pondering his next move. He truly did want to speak to her, if only an introduction, but he wasn’t quite sure if he would be risking his life at all. It was odd though, as the knife slipped from her hands, she didn’t look down, only listened
Not taking notice of the sprite, it gave him a small start when she came down and… started lecturing him? At least, that’s what it seemed like. He had never seen a sprite up close, let alone one having one scolding him.

Careele stepped out of the brush, a smile on his face as he hoped that he didn’t pose much of a threat, “Ah, sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb.” The apology was towards the both of them, curiosity getting the better of him. “Do you need any help up there?”  

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:04 am
mewmew kittykat94

Dyakida tensed briefly at a male voice, but since Peyla sounded more annoyed than alarmed, she forced herself to relax. ”It's quite all right.” she said, forcing a note of imperious calm into her voice as she steadied herself on the branch. ”If you could help my sprite find my knife? I dropped it nearby.” After all, earthlings were more reliable than a sprite when it came to such tasks, no matter how well trained and trustworthy the sprite was. ”It would be greatly appreciated.”

Peyla continued her scolding even as he emerged from the jungle. What did he think he was trying to do, sneaking around like that? Why, she should stick bugs in his hair, just to show him. But she didn't. Instead she scolded him again, hands on her glowing hips. Well?! What was he waiting for? Get looking!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:53 pm
DraconicFeline

Careele wasn’t sure if he should be more concerned about the lecturing sprite or the female in the tree. Honestly, he did deserve it, but he was willing to make it up to the two of them. “Of course, I don’t mind. Was it just a hand knife?” He sidestepped the sprite with a slightly amused expression, the sass he was getting felt like he wasn’t going to get much help from her.

As he made his way towards the base of the large tree, he lowered himself to skim through the brush, inspecting it quickly and efficiently for the knife. “Again, I’m sorry for the intrusion, but my name is Careele.” From the looks of the flora, it looked like he might be here a few minutes. Might as well introduce himself at this point.  

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:25 am
mewmew kittykat94
Poke

”Yes. A hand knife. The blade is metal and very sharp, so take care!” she said. She had traded an earthling for the knife after the second battle of Neued, her first few steps towards restoring the tools confiscated from her by the Obans. She had since bartered, crafted, and outright bought new tools, better, she had to admit, than the ones she had had before. Whether this was because of the quality of earthling craftsmanship or because she simply knew what she was looking for in a chisel or an awl now, she didn't know. ”It's handle is of wood, but I think it is Tale wood so it should be a blue green? It has a crystal on it's pommel. That should be pink.” Should be. She had inset it afterwards and she was pretty sure that the crystal she had used was pink. Again, she had no idea.

No, no, no! He was looking all wrong! He should look here! No, here! Peyla darted around Careele, critiquing his style in her strident chiming and, incidentally, illuminating the foliage below her.

”I am Dyakida. I apologize for my sprite, Peyla: she has her way of doing things and can be insistent.” which was an understatement. ”What race are you, Careele, if you do not mind me asking?” She might as well ask since she was stuck on this branch...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:43 am
DraconicFeline

The shifter nodded at the warning, but he was left curious at the question in her voice. She should know what her knife looked like, correct? “I’ll be careful, don’t you worry,” he kept a smile in his voice, following the sprite in amusement. The longer he stayed by the sprite, the more amused he was by her lectures.

“Don’t apologize, it’s completely fine. She just wants things done right. Isn’t that right, Peyla?” And who wouldn’t? He hadn’t come across many sprites in his lifetime, but each he met was lively and excitable in their own way.

He cast his gaze into the trees, his interest piqued. He didn’t want to upset the sprite, but he found himself looking at her eyes for a moment. They appeared cloudy, was she… no, she couldn’t be. She was older than he was, at least if her mannerisms had anything to say about it, but if she was blind, should he be concerned with her in the tree? Especially if her assistant was down here with him? “I’m a shifter. I don’t find many Alkidikes out this far, though maybe I’m the one who out of their territory,” he couldn’t keep the bit of a laugh out of his voice. He could never understand why there was such fighting between their people, especially when all of the alks he had met had been wonderful.  

mewmew kittykat94

Wrathful Lover

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:40 pm
mewmew kittykat94

Peyla puffed up with pride.

Peyla got things done right, Yes she did, and she got them done quickly, and she was a very good sprite. This earthling was also turning out to be a good earthling, too. She gave him a chirring compliment and a ringing sound of encouragement – just because he was doing a good job didn't mean he should stop looking!

So long as he wasn't offended by Peyla's antics, Dyakida was fine with letting her do her thing. ”She has very high standards.” Dyakida said with a straight face. She kept her hand on the boll, so as not to loose track of it. ”I think we may be in somewhat of a blurred area. The borders of our territories are not as clear cut as some think they are.” She listened to his shuffling in the underbrush. ”Any luck?” she called down to him, concerned. If he didn't find it soon, she'd have to figure out some sort of alternative... or, worse, abandon the boll entirely.  
◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games