Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply The Hunts ❄ Hunting Forum
My Fair Lady? [Rose/Lae] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Fluffesu rolled 5 100-sided dice: 60, 84, 86, 49, 94 Total: 373 (5-500)

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:31 pm
User Image

Character: Roseryn
      Stage: Apprentice
      Level: 31
      LUK: 25 (+20 from Lae)
      LUK EXP: 2/3
      Creature: x5 Peisio Dragon: Level 35, LUK ≥ 25
      Success Rate: Peisio Dragon: 6-100
      Rolls: 60, 84, 86, 49, 94

Win x 5: 17.5 + 17.5 + 17.5 + 17.5 + 17.5
      Loss x 0: 0

Total: 88 EXP ((17/31 --> 9/34)), levels to 34 (+3 levels), +9 stat points to distribute, +5 LUK ((LUK: 25 --> 30)), +5 Peisio Dragon Orb

Word Count Required: 1500+
      Final Word Count: ???

DraconicFeline rolled 5 100-sided dice: 19, 41, 17, 21, 57 Total: 155 (5-500)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 pm
Laesara Wymrith
Lvl 14 Orderite Ranger
Luk: 20
Luk exp: 1/3

x5 Peisio Dragon: Level 35, LUK ≥ 25

Total Luk: 45

Success chance: 6-100

Quote:
Loot:
+ 5 Luck
+ 5 Peisio Orbs
+88 exp

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:47 am
DraconicFeline

"Roseryn..." Aster's voice was quiet as he watched his younger brother trace his fingers along the deep green ridges nearing the back edge of his horns. He'd been there, standing before the mirror, poking and prodding at himself for the better part of the morning, inspecting the changes that had cropped up along his frame after choosing his clan. After regaining the capability to merely stand, it was the first thing he'd wanted to do. "Ysali... probably wasn't your first choice, but..."

"There's nothing wrong with it," Roseryn hummed, his fingers falling to the long streak of awkwardly straight emerald hair hanging down the side of his neck. Besides the fact that it looked utterly fake draped from his mop of red curls, he almost liked it. Sleek and shiny and manageable. "It wasn't as if I was committed to one clan over the other anyway. I could've excelled in whatever I chose." He tipped his head down, catching Aster's gaze in the reflection of the mirror and quirked him the faintest tinge of a smirk. "Just one more thing I can show you up in, Aster..."

Despite the teasing tone of his voice, the older Dovaa's shoulders sagged miserably. "You don't even know what you're getting into. All children choose a clan, but I just don't think you should've-"

Rose turned from the mirror then, appreciating for a brief second the fan-like splay of the few straightened strands as he moved. "You're right, of course," he agreed, plucking his brother's arm up in his own. "You could've just let me die, and that would've been the end of that. But, oh woe, I'm alive, and I want to test my magic." His fingers wrapped around Aster's arm as Rose leaned back, perching on his heels and tugging at the older, taller boy. "Let's go outside. Just you and me. You have more experience with this magic, and in my slightly-weakened state, even you should be able to achieve something against me."

Any other time, Rose expected Aster would have agreed readily, eagerly, but now, he only shuffled his feet, giving a light tug on his arm to pull Roseryn back into a more dignified, upright position. "I don't want to hurt you... And it's only been a couple days, I think you should take it easy for a bit. Never mind the man probably still creeping around out there. Rose, I-"

"Well, I haven't had the capability of practicing elemental magic before, and I want to now," Roseryn huffed, crossing his arms. "It's your choice to come or stay, but I'm going!"

It was only after more whimpering and a little bit of pleading (that Roseryn promptly shot down) did Aster agree to follow him out. He was still particularly adamant about not straying far from their lands, and for all the teasing jabs and playful streams of dust Rose shot at him, the older boy refused to retaliate. "This is far enough," Soldaster grumbled as they neared the river at the edge of their family's property. "If you really can't find satisfactory activities in this span of space, you likely won't find it in all of Serenia."

His statement was most definitely untrue, but the river held Roseryn's attention, anyway. Clear blue, the water rippling over smooth stones lining the river bottom and edges, giving the ones nearest to the water an almost glassy-sheen. Just a few days ago, he'd shoved Quince into that crystal expanse and they'd played and laughed and hooped and hollered. Just looking at it, and thinking of everything that had happened since then, made him exhausted.

The younger Yysali sighed, stooping into a crouch and settling along the grassy edge of the water. "Fine. You practice, and I'll watch. Show me what our magic can do, brother."

((634/1500))

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 pm
Fluffesu

“This is nice.” the boy said quietly, fidgeting slightly as he picked up a sandwich from the picnic basket between them. “Without the others.” he added. Laesara felt sorry for him. He was a good boy from a good family and also from her class in the Orderite army. He had needed help with his sword skills, and she had offered to help him, away from the slings and arrows and pressure of the rest of their high-class group. She was more advanced than they were in the martial arts and so had fallen into the capacity of 'tutor' for a good number of them.

“Yes.” Laesara agreed. She had hoped that a picnic before the practice session would relax him, but he only seemed to be more nervous than before. Likely, his family had gotten to him first. They had probably told him that an alliance with her family would be very beneficial and were, likely, hoping for him to court her.

Not a chance. she thought, shaking her head. An alliance with that family was not beneficial to the Wymriths for the time being, and she was not interested in him in the slightest. He was not unpleasant, but he was also easily cowed. She could easily imagine him as the perfect archetype of the underkin, the relative that gets utterly dominated by all the rest.

It was not necessarily the truth – such a thing could be played for gain as much as her own strategy of efficient competance – but, as she looked at him fidgeting over his food, it was definitely convincing. “You need not be afraid of me.” she commented, watching him, “I will not shapeshift suddenly into a baowi and devour you.” she chuckled. He nearly dropped the sandwich. Ah, yes. His parents had likely warned him of her 'Wild' upbringing. Somehow, the rumor that she could somehow shapeshift into a beast persisted despite that being generally impossible. She supposed the specifics of a baowi had a lot to do with her bodyguard, who resembled a shaved baowi in every way except the claws and his wings. He was nearby today, letting her have her picnic and practice alone. If things became unpleasant in any way she could count on his protection.

“Eat that.” she gestured, “And then we'll go through the basics. We'll break up practice with snacks – it is best not to have a full stomach.”

They finished their first round of snacking and began to practice. He was not nearly as bad as Malikai when he had started training with a sword, but was certainly far behind where Malikai was now. With his bound weapon, Malikai had improved tremendously, and Laesara could see how hard her squire worked to become competant. She found it inspiring.

“No, no.” she admonished her student, “The grip must be as so, not... as you are doing it.” she demonstrated as he panted, barely able to keep up with her sword work.

/Move on. We're done with the basics./

She ignored the curt, impatient voice of her weapon in her mind. “Try again, and then we break.” she said.

He tried again, and she ran him through the forms a few more times before breaking to the picnic basket again.

She had just handed him his share of the next snack when Simon, who had been perched on a tree branch watching them, raised his head and let out an urgent “Kaaak!”

Laesara tensed. “Something is near.” she said, “Be ready.” She caught a flicker of annoyance in the boy's eyes, but turned her focus to the tree-lined shore, her bound weapon already in hand...

(614/1500)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 am
DraconicFeline

"You said you wanted to watch," came Aster's voice over the dull bubble of the nearby river. The older Ysali had been exasperated, hesitant, full of concern as their trek began, but now, with Rose perched casually near the cool water, fingers dusting over long golden fronds of grass, Soldaster's tone had taken on an air of amusement.

Likely because of his younger sibling's seemingly tireless antics to paint the bank with a slew of puffy dandelions. "I am watching,"Roseryn insisted, his palm splaying through grasses that had yet to yield the wispy weed at his touch. His magic ghosted over age-old seeds, the ones long-since lost to weather and the river and the trampling animals. Each seed was a cocoon, an outer shell protecting sad, decrepit innards. "I just can't help but think they're the same drills Father will have me running when we return. I can practice fighting anytime, but this-" He drew thin green tendrils from the seeds, feeling tiny roots expanding and burrowing in he tracks his magic guided them along.

It sprouted slowly from the dirt, winding its way up onto to be near the same height as the rest of the grass. The bulb bloomed into a small yellow flower. A push from Roseryn's magic had the tiny sunshine petals falling off as quickly as they'd come, making way for a new orb that opened to reveal a poofy sphere of seeds. "-I don't think I'll be granted much time to play with flowers."

Aster shrugged. "Certainly not these flowers, anyway." He plucked a yellow bud from the earth, earning a quiet huff out of Rose. "These are actually beneficial to a lot of things. They can root pretty deeply and bring essential vitamins up for plants with shallow root systems. Animals can eat them, and, interestingly enough-" He brought the flower to his lips, and not an instant later, the yellow flower head disappeared into his mouth, "-so can people. Though I guess we could eat any flower we want and be perfectly fine," Aster admitted sheepishly.

"Gross!" Rose yipped. "Aster, spit it out! We have real food, you crazed, bumbling doof-"

A sound from the branches of a nearby tree quieted him. Roseryn wasn't perfectly familiar with all the bird calls of the Serenian wildlife, but he was sure that whatever made that one hadn't come from the vocal cords of any bird. He stood, toxic green gaze fanning out to catch the rustle of a tree of the other side of the riverbank. He stared harder and was almost distinctly sure he caught a glint of metal.

And attached to it, if Rose squinted adamantly enough... sun-fire orange hair and blue eyes. "There's a girl. Laesara."

((1090/1500))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 am
Fluffesu

Laesara frowned, scanning the river and its banks with keen eyes until her gaze landed like a butterfly on the sunny yellow blossoms. Those are blooming out of season. she thought warily, As... she noted the dandilion poofs, are those. She tensed, prepared to throw her weapon at any moment.

She relaxed slightly as she noticed a familiar person with very familiar horns. ”Roserynn.” she greeted, ”Aster.” she added, noticing that his brother was with him. ”Well met. I was unaware you were in Serenia.”

That, itself, was not unusual – she was busy with her training and other matters. What was unusual was that no one had informed her. What were they doing out here? she wondered, And does Rose not look... different? It was hard to tell at this distance, but she could swear that his colors were...

“KAAAAKAK!”

Simon screeched urgently, flying over to his mistress's shoulder and growling. Laesara frowned, her tension returned as she looked in the direction that the fae dragon bared his teeth. Simon would not call as such if it was only Dovaa – He does not hate Rose nearly that much. He didn't like the Dovaa, but something else had alarmed Simon, and she wasn't going to take a chance: not with someone under her responsibility.

“What is it?” asked her trainee irritably.

“Shh.” she shushed him, watching the water and the trees warily for any anomaly. She found one. “Rose, if you would notice that unusual rippling down by the fallen tree there, the one that bridges the river...” she said in a hushed voice over Simon's hissing, “Do those glimmers not resemble eyes?"

(891/1500)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 pm
DraconicFeline

It shouldn't have been strange to see the sun-haired girl out in the wilderness, and certainly not if she had any number of companions by her side. Daemo had told him stories (or not told him specifically, but Rose had found out one way or another) of Lae's 'wild' heritage. She probably felt right at home. Enthused, even, to be so far from the city. And while the young Ysali couldn't pinpoint an actual reason for her to stray so far from home, he supposed he wasn't in much of a position to point it out, considering how he'd traveled from his own continent.

"I didn't see fit to inform you," Rose clipped sardonically, unamused as ever.

Aster, on the other hand, seemed brighter. He grinned at seeing Laesara, despite having no real connection with her. Frankly, Aster was just lucky to be allowed out of the house on a good day. "Lae," he chirped, already starting off at a trot toward the downed tree. He showed no sign of heeding her warning, and tottered toward the tree bridge unimpeded right up until the point where streams of water started lapping up on the bank with renewed vigor. As a tendril snaked its way from the river, Aster remained oblivious.

Roseryn was less so. As the stream whipped out, the younger boy, tackled his brother, dragging both of them to the ground as a scaly blue specimen emerged from the leafy foliage. It fanned its wings, beating them rhythmically to stay aloft as it glowered at its new prey.

((1349/1500))

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 am
Fluffesu

“Watch out!” she warned, feeling her throw execute as if in slow motion as the tendril of water reached for its prey – a Dovaa she did know and who was a fairly pleasant individual. Many things happened in that moment: The boomerang left her hand, Roserynn grabbed his brother out of the way, her trainee's weapon shrieked a challenge that reverberated through whatever sense in her skull let her hear their voices, and a dragon, lapis-scaled and gleaming, leaped out of the bushes and into the air.

Laesara gestured, redirecting her boomerang with the thread of magic that leashed it to her, slamming it into the dragon twice before returning it to her hand. “Stay away from the water!” she warned, as other dark shapes and glittering eyes appeared below the reeling dragon. Silvered-blue backs emerged sinuously from the surface of the water: there were more, churning the clear waters into a white, glittering death trap. She threw her boomerang again, knocking the flying dragon out of the air, cracking the bones in its wing as it slammed, roaring, into the bank not too far from Roserynn and his brother.

Three of the other dragons decided to retaliate, leaping out of the water as her boomerang returned to her hand. She drew her sword and leapt from the tree, her wings flaring out in a blaze of white and pink. She glared at the dragons, looking for an opening as the fifth dragon – the largest of the bunch – hauled itself out in an impressive shower of crystalline water onto the shore near Rose and the downed dragon. It was the largest of the bunch, its horns gnarled and intricate with age, while the others had a more unfinished (but well grown and powerful) look to them.

A parent and her hatchlings, perhaps? Laesara thought, dodging a claw strike with ease and sending her boomerang sailing. It missed, flying a ways away before she tugged it back, adding power to its return.

The weapon exclaimed as it slammed into the arm of a dragon. It ricocheted away, striking two other dragons and shoving them back before returning to her grasp with a gleam of light.

No, it did not matter. Laesara threw her boomerang again and wove in with her sword, drawing blood and dodging their blows. It did not matter at all.

(1291/1500)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 am
DraconicFeline

Aster grunted as he hit the ground, and Roseryn was rewarded for his efforts with an elbow to the jaw and a quiet insistence of, "Get off of me. I can handle myself!" The younger Ysali wanted to argue that there was nothing either of them would've been able to do if Aster had actually been pulled into the water. Rose was new to his magic and weakened from the earlier trials of the past days. And Aster was... well, Aster. He didn't have the capability of standing up to five magically charged dragons on his own. That much Roseryn was sure of.

So when his older brother shoved his way out from under him and pressed to his feet, Rose's first words were an argument. "Hey, stay back. Laesara and I will-"

"No," Aster's tone was clipped, and when his emerald gaze found Rose's it bore all the sharp-edged intensity of a well-cut gem. "You will stay back." His fingers found the end of the smaller boy's horn, giving it a downward press to keep him grounded. "You wanted to watch, Roseryn. So stay out of the way, and watch."

The smaller male's posture stiffened, a challenge forming in his throat and settling in his expression. His chest tightened on an inhale, and his argument threatened to spill- Aster smiled, fingers threading through his brother's red hair and looping in the rings of a curl to give it a tug. Rose deflated. "If I see fit to interfere-"

"You won't."

Aster left it at that, moving away from Roseryn on quick, sure feet. As he did, he extended his arms toward the side, giving a twist of his wrist and a sharp snap outward to draw a tangle of thick vines and tree roots from the ground. They emerged like claws, whipping out and catching the side of the first dragon. Sharp tendrils pierced through hide and scale and wound about it, encasing limbs and wings in a swatch of heavy vines. The Peisio shrieked, writhed, struggled to batter claws and wings against the heavy binds, to no avail. While generally lacking in much self-confidence, this, at least, was something Soldaster seemed to be sure of.

He smiled, a wicked baring of teeth that Rose had never seen on any of his brothers and sisters, and expected it from Aster least of all. He climbed the tangle of vines that encased his first victim with short leaps and nudges of magic to press him forward. Green orbs darted to the largest beast, now standing watch over her young. She let out a roar, and with it, Aster felt the push of her power, drawing water from the nearby lake and washing it across the shore in great torrents.

"Laesara!" Aster called, flicking out another burst of power to catch her about the arm and tug her away from the approaching wave. Vines snapped out, weaving around the Orderite girl and guiding her up atop the dragon cocoon, and safely away from the eldest's attack.

((1854/1500))

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:05 am
Fluffesu

Though her sword was not made for dragonhide and caught on the beast's thick, scaled flesh and tough sinews, it still bit deep as her bound weapon flashed and danced around her. The bone boomerang moved, half of its own accord, struggling to hold the dragons back.

An opening, a slashing stab, and a dodge backwards from fierce claws. Her blade was bloody, covered with dragon gore from a successful strike to the guts of the dragon, a strike which she followed up on with a series of slashes across its neck. Once... twice... and then its blood stopped spurting and became a mere gurgle as it collapsed, finished.

One down she thought.

Still plenty to go, lassie!

Her weapon reminded her, returning to her hand. It too was bloodied, from the ooze that coated her hands and the broken skin of the dragons around it. It was a powerful weapon, capable of breaking spines and skulls at a distance, but she – and it – were still in training, and it's force was being spread out among the dragons that gathered around her, the short distance it had to travel hindering it further.

She threw it again, slamming a dragon in the jaw as it attempted to bite at her, and she heard the dragon's bone crack. She cut at the tendons in the dragon's leg, dodging away as she missed to return her bound weapon to the air. She wasn't sure, entirely, if she could handle this situation – so many dragons, so little she could do at once. Have I finally met my match? she wondered, Has the shadow of death caught up to me already?

We'll make it, lassie!

It called in encouragement. Laesara hoped so. The situation, however, was grim, and so it was not with hope that she saw the writhing of the ground beneath her. She staggered back, uneasy. Ysali magic? Another pack of dragons? she thought, as roots and vines exploded from the ground and wrapped around one of the dragons, pulling them down and making them scream. It's cries blasted her ears and rattled her bones, but it broke the circle of dragons surrounding her and, through that gap, she could see.

Soldaster?! she raised a bloodied eyebrow in surprise. She knew Soldaster, and she hadn't expected... well... this.

Huh.

Said her weapon, breaking another bone, here and there. The entity of the weapon was getting used to the chaos, picking her...it's... targets with care, making the most of the limited space and the force it drew from Laesara's magic.

That 'un's got skill, I'll tell ya that! Meanwhile...

A dragon fell beneath the boomerang, stunned by multiple blows to it's thick skull. Laesara moved to stab it, her muscles wrenching with the effort it took to stab through it's neck. She was nearly dismembered by a dragon's claw as she struggled to take the sword out from the ruin of flesh and bone – and the dragon still lived.

I will need a new sword she thought with distaste, One not specialized to magescian flesh. she thought as she dodged in time, aching as the battle drew on.
    I wonder where our little recruit has gone off to?

Yes, that other Orderite hadn't made himself apparent, had he? Probably very prudent of him. Laesara thought, coldly. If she lived, she would bring this up to him. If. and it would be hard earned influence of limited use.

She heard her name called, and only just reacted with a glance before, to her great surprise, she was pulled up off the ground. Her heart rattled as the bottom dropped from her world and her wings sprang out instinctively, fluttering to try – against the odds of the vines – to keep her upright.

I hate heights she thought privately to herself as she balanced herself on the cocooned dragon, regarding 'Aster as a wave – Magically summoned – she thought as the water flowed around her and the angered dragons, noting the bigger dragon preparing another wave. Her weapon returned to her hands in a shining arc and she threw it again, the reinforced bone of her weapon cracking another dragon's skull, and bashing the stunned dragon, twice, until it stopped moving. It returned to her hands, smug and satisfied.

That's more like it!

Her weapon crowed, gleefully.

”Thank you!” she called, her wings fluttering as the dragon below her struggled uselessly. She would have to change her assessment of Aster. Greatly.

(2052/1500)    

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:32 am
DraconicFeline

The throng of beasts was dissipating, the youngest and smallest dragons overpowered by blows from an imprinted weapon and the sapping power of Ysali magic, leaving only the largest, the meanest, the most powerful and distraught Peisio to stand alone. From his place out of the way of assault, Roseryn grimaced. He should've been in there. That Aster could do anything at all was already a shock to him. But if he'd been amidst the battle himself, it'd already be over. That probably annoyed him more than anything else. Except maybe the quirk of a grin his brother sent back at him. That was a fairly substantial annoyance. Rose scowled.

"My lady," The elder Ysali dipped his head in acknowledgement to the girl at his side. "It's about time we saw this ruckus to its conclusion." It was a peculiar thing, though, watching her move with her weapon. A boomerang seemed like such a savage thing without the finesse required of swordplay or the elegance of archery. He wouldn't tell her that, of course, that it hardly seemed befitting of a noble lady.

Daggers sipped from his forearms, falling from the sleeves of his clothing and landing effortlessly in his palms. Roseryn had his rapier. Quince had his longsword. The twins held bows. Aster preferred his pins and needles. He tossed a knife into the air, caught it between two fingers and flicked it out, like throwing a dart. Perhaps slower and less effective when it came to larger opponents... The dragon roared, flapped its wings and knocked the dagger from the air. The Ysali threw a second, clanking it against the first before it could hit the ground and sending it careening into the beast's leg. Another roar, a beat of wings and slash of claws.

Aster pressed backward, hopping from the tangle of vines that encased little more than a collection of souls now, and back to the earth. The dragon chased him, pouncing from place to place. Grasses and branches leaped out to entangle it, to stall its advance while Aster kept throwing his knives. It broke free of them, quickly at first, shredding through obstacles easily and effortlessly. It focused its magic on healing itself, mending any cuts or scrapes Aster caused it, but even so, within time, it slowed.

It dragged at its binds, lurching forward in an uncoordinated mess. Sloppy, slow, weak; despite having very little by way of physical injuries. It puffed and snarled. The water coursing through the river coiled forward at its control, but it too splashed down into nothingness. When the dragon's wings drooped, claws scrabbled at the grass, Aster approached it. "It is interesting," he hummed out softly, words emitted as low hisses as he spoke in the draconic tongue. "That even your magic cannot sense when poison paralyzes you. Or maybe it did, and you couldn't stop it." He stood so close that his boot brushed the edge of its maw. A snap of its teeth, and he'd be missing a leg.

But it hardly manged a twitch of its claws and a ruffle of wings. Breathing was effort enough. "My family is not in the habit of doing kind things, but I am grateful for this opportunity you have given me, and sorry for the children you have lost." It rumbled out dissent, but Aster flicked his wrist, wrenching the tip of a blade down and driving it through the sleek scales at the crown of the Peisio's head. And only an instant later, it burst, leaving an array of gleaming orbs to be had.

((2452/1500))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm
Fluffesu

“Agreed.” Laesara said, moving herself into a position where she could support Aster with her ranged attacks if need be. She got a few hits in, hindering the dragon's progress with quick, crushing blows to its legs and sides as her weapon danced in the air. Truly, though, it became apparent that Aster did not need her help.

Definitely worth watching. she thought, allowing the weapon to return to her hand, it's glow dissipating as she re-absorbed the magic that propelled it. She scanned the area for further dragons – and for a sign of her companion, who she would have to retrieve – and, seeing no signs in the area, she put away her boomerang, cleaned her sword, and sheathed it. She picked up a shimmering blue Peisio orb in a gauntleted hand and held it up to the light, watching the swirls and crystalline whorls of the magic within scintillate in the light.

“Beautiful.” she said out loud, turning it over appreciatively in her hand before putting it away. She turned to Aster and smiled, a beautiful smile, though not particularly illuminating.

I'll say

Her weapon murmured, satisfied  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 pm
DraconicFeline

Aster took a deep breath in, letting it out slowly as he drew forth his magic; un-knoting the vines he'd summoned and laying them to rest back in the earth, disentangling the roots and shrubbery that had snared the dragons that now lay in disheveled heaps strew across the grass. With the end of the fight, silence followed, leaving a mess of upturned dirt, soggy puddles, stamped grass, and crimson stains across the earth. The older Ysali hummed softly as he turned to see Laesara appraising one of her orbs. "I always thought it was kind of a shame," he admitted with a shrug. "That they must die so we can have these."

"Better them than us," Roseryn commented as he stalked closer to the pair. He stilled within arm's length of his brother, fixing quizzical, inquiring eyes on the older boy. Not once had he ever seen his brother behave in such a manner. Not with that... self-assuredness? Skill? Aptitude? Confidence? Aster was not- had never been an impressive individual. But talent did not morph out of thin air and sprawl across the shoulders of anyone who desired it. "You've... been working hard, haven't you? For-"

"Laesara," Aster returned his smile with one of his own, attention never having left her for an instant. Roseryn grimaced. The older boy rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, combing back his dark hair in some half-arsed attempt to appear 'presentable.' "I know it's sudden, but-" He half-cocked his head to the side, perched toward her, and fixed the young Orderite girl with a clear, bright smile. "Please be my girlfriend. I will protect you until the day I die."

Rose nearly vomited.

((2733/1500))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:30 am
Fluffesu

That's an interesting thought... mused Laesara, admiring the dragon soul more closely. She had never thought of that before. Dragons must die for these beautiful things to come into existence... how poetic. I wonder what other things that could apply to? Pearls, certainly. And... perhaps myself? Indeed, her mother had had to die for her to become what she was. These were sad facts, but facts none the less...

Absorbed in musing – and in collecting the dragon's souls – she was almost completely blindsided by Soldaster. Her weapon roared with laughter , heard only by her, and her eyebrows raised considerably as she looked, stunned, at the considerably older Ysali. “I...” It was so unexpected, coming from so far out of the blue, that, for a significant moment, words would not come. “Soldaster... I'm sorry, I can't be your...” she managed, her voice trailing off briefly at his brilliant smile. Gods... he means it too... she thought uneasily. She had been warned that her looks would start to attract suitors like a flower attracted bees, but did the first overt suitor have to be... this? “Soldaster... you're a Dovaa. I'm an Orderite.” she said gently, finally finding the right words, “I can't be your girlfriend.”  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:15 am
It was clear enough to all parties involved how completely blindsided Laesara was by this incredibly random outburst. Her silence, for the few seconds it lasted, made Roseryn hopeful that she would just ignore his idiotic brother. They could all pretend he'd said absolutely nothing, move on, forget this horrifying breach in the very definitive lines that kept their races apart. It was basically treasonous, and the younger Ysali couldn't even begin to think of anyone that would deem this acceptable. He reached for his older sibling, hopeful that contact from family that was standing right next to him would draw Aster away from these ludicrous thoughts.

But he shrugged it off, shuffling half a pace away from Rose as he scuffed his boots into the grass. Soldaster gave a half-hearted, unconvinced roll of his shoulders. "That's... what they tell us," he replied, fixing a sheepish half-smile on her. "But I don't... really see the harm in it," Aster muttered. "I don't think I'm asking anything particularly unsavory. I wouldn't force anything questionable on you. I'm not a bad person, and I- I'm a noble, like you. That must count for something."

For all intents and purposes, that was more than enough blathering from Roseryn's standpoint. If Aster could've just laughed and agreed that it was a terrible thing and apologized for his idiocy, it wouldn't have mattered so much. But it infuriated the younger Ysali that his brother would feel the need to press such a thing. Rose stepped between them, knocking elbow roughly into Aster's ribcage to shove him backward and put some distance between himself and this situation. "Forgive him," Roseryn muttered, "My brother gets... very hyped during combat and it's difficult for him to control himself. He doesn't mean anything by it."

Aster huffed softly, casting his emerald gaze toward the grass. "I'm not asking for babies, or anything..."

((3046/1500))

The Hunts ❄ Hunting Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces