Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:16 pm
User Image

Feykir had always imagined his first viking raid would have been much earlier in his life… he wasn't actually all that old but he was fierce and a good fighter and twice as good as any other reaver, or so he liked to think. He rested easy knowing he wasn't the only freeborn coming along on the raid… it meant more he was more likely to make a good impression on his captain.

Of course, it would be easier to make a good impression if they actually came upon some loot, a pride or even a group of rogues. Unfortunately little and less had happened so far. He wondered how much luck Hial was having on her first. He would have enjoyed the company, had she been chosen for this group. On second thought, probably not.

"Aye Just ahead, I wager five of my toes we'll find something good ahead." Fey rolled his eyes at the boastful call of one of the more experienced reavers before squinting in the distance. Maybe some more mud and a few sticks. His tail gave a flick and he scanned the area, hoping his first raid wouldn't end up a bust.

User Image

"The only thing he'll find is a swift paw to the snout if he doesn't shut up." Dagrún's cheery tone contrasted greatly with his snide words, shoving into Feykir in a seemingly playful manner. "Let me guess, your first viking as well? Everyone always speaks so highly of all the adventure but so far I can only think... boring. Which is terrible, yes? It is a good day to die, I say. Which means excitement should be just ahead, you know?" Dag had been told often to shut up and that he talked too much, in equal turns. "Looks like prey ahead!"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:29 pm
KVET
ITEMLESS KVET

Subtle wasn't her strong suit. Neither was camouflage. Then again, the lioness had a tendency towards practicality that was often at odds with her bright appearance. Which was part of what made her practical. After all, there were very few places that could provide her with concealment at any time of the year. Only in spring, when the flowers were in full bloom, could she have any hope of hiding her brilliant fur.

After all, that was why she was named Orisun Omi, which meant Spring.

Even now it remained her favorite season, a time of hope and new life. With the smell of it in her nostrils, the lioness was savoring the beautiful day. Growing grass, flowers not yet ready to bloom, and all the creatures of the earth and sky were returning to their warmer lives.

As it so happened, she was upwind of the raiding party and, due to her introspection, unaware of their presence.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:43 am
He tried not to feel so annoyed with the male chattering away beside him. Normally he'd be in a more talkative mood as well, so he really couldn't blame the other. He grunted and bared his teeth when the younger adult shoved into him though, not impressed. "Do that again and I'll take your eyes." His words were hushed as he tried to pick up on what some of the other's were saying in reference to the prey ahead. Pelts were always good loot, as was prey.

"Haha, I bet you would." Dagrun might actually enjoy a fight with the other, they were pretty evenly matched. "Feykir, right? Spar with me sometime." It wasn't a request, though by the sour look on the other male's face it wasn't a welcome command either. "Or do you have flowers in your blood? Don't be such a cub about it!"

"Will you be quiet? I'll take that match when we get back... shut your dirty mouth before you drive the prey off." He snarled, brown eyes catching sight of something bright in the distance. His eyes darted from the prey to the speck of color and he decided curiosity would rule this time. As the group moved forward to claim their prey Feykir broke away, picking up his pace.

"Why aren't you taking something down? Can't hunt? Can't sow? Can't raid?"

Was that dumb s**t still with him? He snapped at the other, receiving like in kind. "Why aren't you? I see something ahead." He gestured with a paw.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:52 am
A mouse scampered by, nearly running over the lioness' foot.

It had come from somewhere behind her and while it retained enough sense to not actually step on a lion, the fact that it had come so close boded ill. Something had terrified the tiny creature. Suddenly, the warm spring day didn't seem quite so warm.

Green eyes scanned the horizon as Orison strained her sense. She didn't smell anything - the threat must be upwind. She didn't see anything, but that was hardly surprising in the tall grass. She heard...something. It could be voices, it could just be the muttering of the air itself.

Nevertheless, she was on her guard now.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:21 am
"Will you just go back with the rest? I saw it, it's mine!" Though for all he knew it could be nothing at all.

"And miss the fun? I think not. Prey shmey, this is much more interesting."

He wanted to hit the smirk right off of the other's face. He started to run when they were at a good distance, hoping the other would just give up. The bright color was coming in more distinctly now and he could see that it was a lion, of the female variety. Well, well! Capturing a thrall was impressive indeed!

"Ooh, it looks like we have a lady!" Dargun was not put off by the other and wasn't willing to give up. Finders weren't always keepers in the stormborn, after all.

He grunted and frowned, throwing a glance to the other male. Wasn't going to back off, so he would have to do something about it. "She's mine!" He snarled, then focused on the female ahead. They were gaining on her quick, now. No doubt she'd be able to see them too. If she ended up escaping because of this a*****e he might just kill him.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 am
There wasn't too much that a lion had to fear. Most of the creatures around were prey and, to be honest, most of the other predators wouldn't like to meet a lion one on one.

Though those that were so big, or who outnumbered the lion, could certainly make her wish for a pride. Overall, Orison didn't much care for prides and tended to not overestimate her abilities in ways that made her wish for allies.

The breeze now carried words to hear ears. Not always whole and complete, but enough that she could get the gist of what was being said. Men, or boys, who were hunting.

Her.

They wanted to claim her for their own.

The lioness couldn't yet see her hunters, but she could make educated guesses from their context. She was no male's prize, Orison thought, lip curling in a silent snarl. Much as it galled her pride, she wasn't going to stand still like an antelope, too stupid to run while the running was good.

She ran.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 am
Wonderful, she'd taken off running now! To be fair, in hindsight, Feykir realized that he probably shouldn't have been so straight forward in his exploration of the bright color in the distance. Sneakiness obviously wasn't his forte. Or the a**'s beside him.

"That's no good, she's running now! Look what you've done!" Dargun was calling out now, completely oblivious to the fact that they should have been being quiet this entire time. The distance had grown between the two males, as both seemed to be veering slightly in opposite directions. Obviously both of a different mind in which distance would be shorter to catch up to the now running female.

"My... MY FAULT?" Okay! That was it! Feykir suddenly lunged left, pummeling the other male. He let out a fierce roar, apparently forgetting his mission of capturing a thrall almost immediately. Of course, once he took care of the younger adult it meant he could go about his business in peace. Granted that the female wasn't long gone by then!

Dargun had not been suspecting Feykir would take him up on his 'sparring' offer so soon, so when he had the full weight of the male slam into him it wasn't good for either of the boys. Getting pummeled while you were in a full-speed run was never fun! He snarled and snapped at the other, in seconds they were in a full on fight. Dargun, unfortunately, wasn't doing so hot.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:41 am
There was noise behind her. Shouting and other things. Orison gave into temptation and glanced over her shoulder in the direction her ears had indicated. There she saw a large mass of fur rolling over the ground and yet going nowhere. Green eyes narrowed and she gave a sharp little nod.

Served them right, whoever they were.

Not that she let that stop her. Though they fought now, they might come after her again if she wasn't careful.

She kept running, though not at her top speed. After all, she might need to keep this up for a while.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:52 am
This was probably going to do the opposite of impress the captain, for sure. Luckily Feykir's mind was on one thing and one thing only... ripping this moron's throat out. Well, maybe not killing the a**... but certainly doing as much damage as he could. He snarled as he felt claws swipe across his face and snapped at the other, fairly certain he was able to get a good chunk of the younger male's ear.

This was quite a serious affair, wasn't it? Dargun knew he was giving almost as good as he was getting.... and knew he should probably be giving better than he was getting if he didn't want to be beaten to a pulp. The fight went on for some time before both males had finally rolled away from each other, panting. "Fine... she's... yours.... if... you... can... find her..." The words were amused more than they were angry, because Dargun was starting to look around and he could no longer see the bright pink pelt anywhere.

Feykir was pissed. And bleeding. It had been a good fight, though not necessarily a good time or place for a fight. His lip curled when he heard the other's words and he brought himself slowly and gingerly to his four paws. "For fffff..." He bit off the curse, fur standing on end. Well this was just peachy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:58 am
The sun had moved more than its own width across the sky when Orison Omi finally came to a stop at a water hole she didn't even know to lap thirstily at the refreshment within. She did not fear the threat she had run from, not in and of itself, but rather what it had represented and meant for her future.

It was a shame, she'd liked her territory. But whilst those males were still there, searching for her, it was better to find a new place to reside.

She could only hope this was the end of it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces