[Neued] Kids do what they want [Sakhile || Rastian]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:52 pm
Nondwa flitted about in the dappled lights that filtered through the thick jungle canopy. The light mixed with the soft glows of the crystals. It was a very pretty scene.. one that made the bored young boy sitting trying to practice his math want to be outside.

He pouted and tried to get back to his work... but the nondwa's shadows kept crossing his window, distracting him. Eventually Sakhile gave up and trotted over tot he window. Looking out he saw many of the pastel colored bugs flitting about high above.. some would come down and flutter about the theater, perhaps attracted by the many soft musical sounds coming from within. Sakhile grinned as he thew open the window and clambered out onto the sill. He looked down to find a handy branch to fall onto.
There were none directly below him.. but there was one a bit out with some tempting vines on it. He took the leap without hesitation; he had grown up following his mother and her family through the trees and had a good sense of balance and distance while on the tree roads. He landed, one hand latching on to the vine to keep him from falling off the other side. Then he righted himself and looked up; the light and flashing colors drew him in. Who cared about homework when there was fun and adventure to be had?

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:44 pm
"I swear I left that book here somewhere..." Rastian mumbled as he crossed the room, his hands fiddling with an array of books and papers. Where was his book on herbology? He'd forgotten how much of an ingredient he needed for a potion and the information for it was right in this book, but it was nowhere in sight! He sighed and smoothed his hand through his hair, before slowly turning towards a sound coming from another room in the house. Sakhile's room... What was that boy up to now? Rastian's brows furrowed while the rest of him quickly went to investigate.

"Sakhile, my son, are you d-OH, BERGCHI ON HIGH, SAKHILE!" He screamed, throwing himself toward the windowsill as Sakhile made his leap down. He watched, horrified and dangling from the window himself, as the young boy righted himself onto a vine and looked up into the canopy, and the Monk's relief quickly turned to fury.

"Oi! Get your little behind back here!" Rastian cried, just as he felt himself slipping out of the window. He gave a scream of surprise and grasped onto the side of the house, only to slip slowly down to the ground with a less than pleasing thud. However, once he got his bearings again, he was clamoring up into the trees and after his son. "Saki, come over here right now!"

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:19 pm
Lavender Hues

Sakhile sighed and scowled at being found out so soon.. and by his dad no less!
He looked over his shoulder at his father half falling out of the window.
"Ah come on da....I'm jsut taking a lil break!" He gave him a bright and cheerful smile; "I'll be back soon! Gonna go and play with the Nondwa for a bit!" He chirpped before scampering up and away, clambering over the branches and vines with out a care, unconcerned by the long fall to the ground.

Gotta get outta here fast! He thought, afore da goes into one of his lil fits about safety and stuff.... Good thing its not mom.. mom would be able to catch me real quickly since she can climb better'n da! The little scamp thought to himself as he attempted to flee from any parental fury.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:09 pm
Rastian swore under his breath. Sakhile really had a mind of his own, didn't he? No sense of danger, no sense of adherence to authority. The Monk adjusted his stance on the branches and continued after his son. He wasn't the fastest of climbers, begrudgingly, but he felt that as long as he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't break his back. After all, he had to catch up to his baby before he got into trouble.

"Sakhile, at least let me come with you, then!" He called, shuffling cautiously. "I just want to make sure you don't get hurt or lost, alright? Just. Stay. There."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:24 pm
He made a face as he looked behind and saw his father trying to walk on the branches.

"I'll be fine dad. Go back and don't try to follow." He sighed and stopped, hopping on a branch to prop his tiny fists on his hips. "You're not too stable up here daddy... go back inside." He made a shooing motion with his hands before giggling and continuing the climb upwards.

"I know this place daddy, I never fall! Or get lost... here at least." He did get lost sometimes in the city.. but this was his home tree, and he knew every branch! Or.. at least the main ones. "You should go back and keep momma company.. pay attention to her and let me play!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:36 pm
Rastian gave Sakhile an irritated look. Was... Was he trying to sass him? He had to admire this and find it at least a little cute, but still, who was he to tell his father what to do? Pay attention to his mother? No stable? He flipped his hair out of his face and shook his head. Uh, no, child. No. Your daddy wasn't about to take that and go. He climbed higher and swung himself closer to his son.

"You know, I don't remember teaching you how to be so impertinent towards me." He said, folding his arms. "But, I suppose you learned it from watching me. I don't usually listen to what people tell me to do, either."

He turned his gaze upwards, the glint of the sun through the canopy catch his eye, and turned back to Sakhile.

"Hey, wait, why can't I play with you?" He continued, furrowing his brow. "Why don't you show me how much fun you're having out here instead of telling me to go away so much? I'm curious."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:40 pm
Sakhile giggled as his father's words floated up to where he swung from a vine, makign an impromtu swing.
"I learned it from mommy and you and uncles and granny..." He paused a moment; who else had he learned to talk back from? Frankly everyone in the theater! They were all about talking and voicing opinions and arguing.... "Saki listens to mommy... mostly cause mommy can catch me before I run away." He giggled and grinned at his father. "You gonna hurry up and get here daddy so I don't lose you? Mommy would get mad if you missed dinner cause you were lost in the canopy!"

He sighed and rolled his eyes.
"Dun wanna play with daddy.. daddy's all about safety. Safe isn't fun! You dun like it when I go on the tall branches or play in the streets all day." He shook his head. "Daddy is silly about somethings." He swung from his vine to another, going to a different branch.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:48 pm
Rastian scrambled toward Sakhile, only to pause when he swung across to another branch. He didn't want to play with him? The Monk couldn't help but let this smack him across the face. His own son didn't seem to be interested in him, it really did hurt when he thought about it. Was he really being too careful with his son? Maybe he should try and let up a little? He frowned and reached out for vine to hold onto.

"Sakhile, it hurts me when you say things like that." He replied, sighing. "I know you don't understand why I tell you not to do certain things, but it's only because I care about you. I don't want to lose you and... Well."

He paused, looking toward the ground, and swung after his son.

"I don't care if you don't want me to play with you. I'm going to!" He said, sticking his tongue out at Sakhile. "Even if you run faster than a Scorra, I'll be right behind you!"

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:57 pm
Sakhile stopped and looked at his father, scrunching his nose and unaware of the pain his words caused.
"Daddy be more fun to play with if you stopped making rules and fussing! Momma doesn't fuss too much... other than when I track dirt into the house.. or break things.. or come back late for dinner." Now that he thought about it.. she did fuss didn't she?

"Hmm... maybe you both fuss.. but over different things." He swung from another vine, waiting for his father to climb up to him. Maybe dad did want to play with him and not make him do homework?
If that was the case than that was fine!

"You can play with me.. but no fussing or making me go back home to do maths! I dun like maths."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:10 pm
Of course they fussed, they were his parents! What, did he want them to let him run wild and not care if he got hurt? Rastian shook his head. He didn't remember ever being this way as a child, but, then again, he didn't really have much of a childhood to begin with. He spent his early years in Jauhar without any friends and then the rest of it alone in the desert. ... Did he even know how to play?

"We fuss because we love you, but you don't seem to understand that." He said, shaking his head. "Either way, fine, I won't make you go home and do math, Sakhile. It obviously bothers you."

A minute later, he finally reached the branch that Sakhile was on and shuffled carefully toward him.

"Alright, show me what you want to play." He continued, brushing the dirt from his pants. "I'm ready when you are."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:08 pm
Lavender Hues
he just wants to run wild *sighs and shakes head* bad Saki.. rules are there for a reason! He's going to get hurt at the end of this!

Sakhile sighed and shook his head. "Playing with parents means rules." he said with a roll of his eyes. "Don't do this. That's to dangerous. You can't do that either cause you might get hurt." He eyed his father and waited until he'd reached his branch before scampering off again, higher up this time. "You don't understand the need to climb! To do wild things! To have fun! Rules aren't fun!" He stuck his tongue out at Rastian, feeling stubborn and unruly.

"If you loved me.. you'd play and have fun my way." He said, peering over a branch and grinning. "Lets play tag, da. No rules other than you gotta catch me! No restrictions on where I can hide or what I can do..."  
◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games