Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:40 pm
He was adjusting to life on the streets, to living with the gang, that sort of thing. He had gotten over his uneasiness around Arashi easily, Havoc made it difficult to be uncomfortable around anyone for very long with his innocent, puppy like views. Of course having Trace around made it all the better for him, his friend being there made everything better, even if seeing him scarred up like he was from their first encounter was a harsh reminder that the life they all lived, was not an easy one.

Time had been spent at the library lately, a wondrous place filled with books, that he longed to read. However the first time he went in he was shoo’d out by a grumpy looking woman. Something about ‘No unattended children allowed’ he snuck in moments later when she was busy, and found a place to settle and begin to read. It was a fascinating book the one he was looking at. A book on medical information. Physiology, that sort of thing. He was reading it intently, pages carefully flipping each page as he finished. So absorbed was he, that he was unaware of an older man watching his progress with interest. In fact Chayy was so lost in the world of medical terminology it wasn’t until he felt someone roughly shaking his arm that he looked up, blinking owlishly behind broken frames. “I said no unattended children in the library! Out with you now!” her words a harsh whisper. He looked longingly at the book he was reading, fingers brushing over it, even as she snatched it from his hands.

“Now Marta, really. He’s not on his own, he’s with me aren’t you?” the deep voice made Chayy whip towards the source with a wide eyed look and he caught the quickest of winks. ”T…that’s right. I’m with him. I’m not on my own.” “Oh, I’m sorry Doctor Fargo, I didn’t realize….” “No harm. Now, the book please?” there was a blush from the woman as the book was handed back. Once she was away, Chayy gave the man a puzzled look. ”Thank you…that was very nice of you.” “No problem my boy, I’ve been watching you read that book, you seem fascinated by it.” There was a nod from Chayy, a bright smile given. ”It’s amazing! I want to read this, and everything like it. Did she call you doctor?” “She did. I’m Doctor Fargo, Sam Fargo.” ”I’m Chayyim. It’s nice to meet you.” the doctor seemed content to let him read again, and so he did return to the pages of the tome in his lap, once more becoming engrossed by it.

So lost in fact it was the doctor clearing his throat that got his attention. “I’m afraid it’s closing time Chayyim.” The color –if it were possible- drained from Chayy’s face as he looked towards one of the windows. It’s so dark outside! I’m so late…oh Trace’ll be worried… that wasn’t a pleasant thought for the burmy! He closed the book quickly, and got to his feet quickly, shaking out the pins and needles from sitting too long. “Would you like to take the book with you?” That simple question made Chayyim stare at him curiously. ”Really? But…you don’t even know me…” “This is true, but I’ve been watching you the last several hours and you’re extremely intent in your reading. I think it’s good for you to learn this stuff. My office is over on Birch near Hemlock. Feel free to stop in whenever. Come on, I’ll check the book out for you, and it’ll be up to you to bring it back on time okay?” Chayy nodded in agreement, the book held tightly to his chest. Marta stared at Chayyim doubtfully while the book was checked out under the doctors name and handed to the boy, who cradled it close like it was the most important thing ever. To him it was! He’d never been in possession of something so important! Thanking the doctor, and promising to return on time Chayy took off at a run.

This area was fine for him during the day time. The other gangs didn’t much bother people in the day time, too many witnesses but once the sun set it was open season and right now he was a sitting duck and he knew it. The book was clutched tightly as he began to move quickly, not wanting to run and immediately draw attention to himself. He was dressed in darker clothes, and he attempted to stay in the shadows, though as often as a cars headlights hit him it was a mostly failed attempt at stealth. Still, he was getting close to “home”, to the safety of his friends. Just a few more streets.

Then he heard them. The sound of paws on the ground, and he tensed, fingers clutching the book. Not now. Not when he was so close to home! <>] he knew that voice, the same one that had harmed him and Trace at the park, and he felt his blood boil. It was because of him Trace had lost his eye! One of the others came near him attempting to yank the book from Chayy with their teeth, only to yelp as he swung the book as hard as he could, catching the fire dog upside the head. ”No! You’re not messing this up! It’s not even mine!” <> that idea made Chayy’s blood run cold. Wreck the book? Be in trouble? No, no…he couldn’t have that!

He started to run again panting with fear, hearing the heavy falls of the pokemon behind him, barking and growling. There was a sensation of flying as he was tackled from behind, the book flying from Chayy’s grasp as he landed on the ground, one lens popping out entirely from his glasses, leaving him half blind. ”No! Please don’t! Please!” his voice was shrill with fear of the book behind destroyed even as he felt teeth on his pant leg tugging him further away. He was desperate to save the book, so desperate that even though he’d only seen the move used once in passing he managed to duplicate string shot, hitting the book and it skittering across the filthy ground to him. One of the Growlithe stepped on the book and began to chew on it, causing Chayy to act without thought, kicking out and catching the one who had his pants in the nose, and he using tackle to dive at the one destroying the book. Using string shot again he pulled the book close to himself again, the cover already messed up, several pages bent, a torn one on the alley ground.

He yelped as he was bitten on the ankle with Thunder Fang, he losing the momentum he had and falling again, this time from paralysis. There was horror on his face as the book was taken from him and torn to shreds, a cry of outrage coming from him as he shook off paralysis and launched himself at the nearest growlithe, using bug bite, only to get swatted away from the dog who was laughing at him. Chayy lay there beaten, bleeding, and humiliated. The book he’d promised to keep safe was in a ruined heap at his feet and he was carefully picking up the pages tears threatening to spill down his cheeks. Finally, once he had everything picked up he continued on to their hideout, moving slowly. He was more broken over the destruction of the book, than his own injuries. His own were fairly superficial. Scratches more than anything, that one bite… and of course broken glasses and torn clothes… finally he pushed his way inside, the ruined book held close, and ignoring anyone looking at him, or talking to him went looking for Trace.

One side of his face was bleeding from being dragged along the alley, palms skinned, and he had a small amount of blood dripping from his ankle, and yet the first thing to come tumbling from his mouth upon finding Trace was not ‘Can you fix me up?’ it was “I need you to help me get better at fighting. Please Trace…” he didn’t want to keep being beaten up like this. The weak link of the gang.

MoogerMint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:34 pm
Activity along the back alleyways of the city had slowed to a snail's pace throughout the past few weeks. Taking into account everything that had occurred before the reprieve, however, it was met with a relieved breath, less stifled with the pressure despite defenses remaining raised. Things did not often escalate to such dangerous degrees, however, and Trace was hoping it was not a sign of things to come. Their rivals were getting bolder, and now that most of the gang did not appear like the full-fledged pokémon they used to, it was likely that the opposition did not think they needed to take the same precautionary measures as before. Was it hate, or fear that drove them on?

Occupational duties necessitated patience, and due to this, Trace had a little extra time to contemplate such notions, even if they never resulted in an answer, merely built a collection of possible answers. Things were never truly clear-cut, were they? Then again, if it were so easy to answer, perhaps things would become much too dull. If nothing else, it was a thought to entertain, a consideration that had the poochyena shaking his head as he headed back to their current post.

"Hey, Arashi, I think we're going to have to try hitting up a different grocer for a while," the boy called over to the eevee as he neared to a stop, a thumb thrust over one shoulder, "He's starting to get suspicious. I think he's gotten some help keeping watch for a bit." Arashi shrugged and nodded his head; it had made sense, after all, and it was always a good idea to alternate the places they had to take from in the event of an emergency. He was about to say as much, but Trace made a different observation, "Hey... where's Chayy?"

A change of subject; there really hadn't been a need for a vocal answer. "Don't really know. He's probably scoping out the area, too. He's been gone a while, so I wouldn't really be surprised if that were the case," the blonde responded off-handedly. It really wasn't any different than what the rest of them did every day, so it was easy enough to shrug it off.

The others were a little more aware of the differences, though, and Havoc was the first to say anything on the matter with a wag of his stubby tail, "Wow, he's brave! I still haven't gotten the nerve to go out there on my own, least for very long." He also wasn't into the habit of playing up his own courage, though. He was fine with being a follower for now.

Of course, bravery or not, it was still far past the time when the sun went down before Chayyim arrived back to the makeshift base. Any later and Trace would have been tempted to go out to look for him -- he had already been itching to, but he preoccupied his attention with Havoc's... very bizarre questions. "No, no you see, trash cans aren't flammable. It's the stuff on the inside that tends to be--" Trace explained to the formulating pup before spotting Chayy heading towards them.

He was quick to his feet, but his relief quickly turned south as soon as he caught sight of the condition the burmy was in. "What happened?" he asked, side-stepping the request for a second. Unfastening the bandages from around one of his arms, he unwrapped a length of it before tearing it by his teeth, strapping the connected end back down to his forearm and offering to wrap the worst of Chayy's injuries with little more than gestured indication -- he just needed to know where they were. It wasn't until after the first aid materials were in hand did Trace offer a smile and response, "I'd be happy to, but let's just get you bandaged up first." He inwardly winced at the thought; if this was how the lessons were starting, he should have begun them much sooner. Even if Trace wasn't the best at fighting, there was always the chance this encounter could have happened with better results...  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm
“The Growlithes happened on my way back here.” He sighed softly and there went the trashed book being set down, his concern on the now tattered cover, the ripped pages all askew. He doubted it could be mended in any way. Certainly not well enough to go back to the library. He doubted he’d ever be allowed back there even. He’d have to do what he could to mend the book and read it.

Tearing his half blurry gaze from it, he looked back at Trace and gave a sigh. “Ambushed a few blocks away. I saw our…friend from the park.” His tone was clearly unhappy by this little run in. “Pretty sure he was only picking on me, because he realizes who I am more than anything.” Picking on…that was a polite way of putting it.

His hands were held out, palms up. It was hard to see on his dark skin but they were scraped up and there was dirt and such in them. “I should probably wash my hands really good. Feels like there might be a small rock or two in them. Think my knees are scraped, and side of my face stings so probably a scrape there too. Oh, and my ankle might’ve been nipped. Nothing serious. I think my palms are the worst injury.” Which was something at least.

“My glasses got broken more…I’m not seeing so well. Guess I’ll have to look for a new pair soon.” Annoying really, those were hard to find. He’d found several really, but none the right prescription. “Then there’s the book… ugh…” he groaned some and dropped to sit down rather than washing his injuries up. “That doctor was nice enough to check it out for me so I could read it and those stupid Growlithe destroyed it!” he started to rant angrily in Italian then, banging a closed fist down on the nearest flat surface. “I’ll never be able to go back there…” he was muttering again. “That was such an interesting book…so much medical information in there…..” there was a sad tone as he looked to it, he looking up at Trace again, and giving a wry smile. “I really should clean my hands and stuff up so you can wrap me up…”  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm
Trace shifted his weight a bit at the mention of what -- or rather who -- had happened on the way back home. It came as no surprise, but that didn't really make it any better. With a sigh he glanced down at the bandage in his hand, shaking his head, "I'm surprised they didn't send their lackeys to do their dirty work. They're getting bold." Not that that really came as any surprise either; since Arashi had found his star, the rest of them following suit, the rival gangs had been feeling more on-edge about them. He snorted a silent laugh, turning attention back up with a grin, "Well maybe this is a good thing. That means they see you as a threat, if they're going out of their way to taunt you in person like that. They're intimidation tactics; they're scared of you!" That didn't make it any less worrisome, by any means, but at least it was something they could run with, and figure out how to counter. Learning battle tactics was a good start.

While it may have been difficult to see the injuries cut into his hands, the rough smell of asphalt and the coppery hint of blood wasn't so easy to hide. Trace turned them over, careful not to actually touch the injury, before moving on to take a quick look at the cheek that Chayyim had indicated had also taken damage. "Oh nice catch, that one's not too bad at all," the boy commented, turning back to the inflicted hands, "Yeah, they definitely seem to have taken the brunt of the damage. That was some quick thinking there!" Road rash was definitely not the most comfortable feeling, but at least the majority of that was concentrated to the one area. The knee also didn't seem like it would be so bad, if only because Chayy's pants were not as marred as they could have been, which would likely have saved the leg from being more than just a scrape.

He had almost suggested the lake in the park, but winced at the thought of going out there so late at night. It had been so late, back when... He fidgeted with the bandages lying against the side of his face, instead turning to the opposite direction of the lake, "Alright, I think we've still got some water in a bottle back here that you can use." Refilled from earlier that day, at least; it certainly wasn't as clean as the water the container would have been initially sealed with, but it was the best they could really do, and should work well enough. Digging in the back, he fished a couple containers out that had been hidden from view. Considering his hands were full, he kicked a pail forward instead of opting to pick it up first, ears flattened back to lessen the sharpness of the sound; it was faster that way anyway.

Quickly, Havoc moved to pounce the pail and keep it from rolling outside the alley and potentially into the streets. Eagerly, he grabbed the warped handle between his teeth and righted it, haphazardly carrying it over closer to Chayy and nearly falling into it when he set it down at the burmy's feet. <<Next time that happens, let me sic 'em! They won't know what hit 'em, wham bam!>> the houndour barked, hopping to his feet and trying to look impressive with his... total lack of coordination. Stumbling a bit, he scampered off against the back wall and waited for further indicated instruction.

Trace snickered, shaking his head, "Looks like you could use some lessons, too. Maybe some other time, alright?" As a pup, still using all fours, he'd need a little... alternate skill set than the rest of them. But that was something for another time; his attention was quickly on the matter currently at hand. Getting a better look at Chayy's lack of one of his lenses, the poochyena frowned as he neared, "Aww man, did they really..?" He flinched some at the boy's unbridled rage, but let his friend get the frustration off his chest, setting the water bottles down and moving to get a better look at the state of the book. Carefully he flipped through a couple of the mangled pages, making the effort not to damage it any further than it already had been, only turning back when it sounded as though Chayy had cooled off some. "Hey, it's still legible, at least!" he noted with a smile, "They didn't burn anything! But don't worry about it, okay? We'll figure something out when we get there; one step at a time. First things first, you wash up and we can get your hands bandaged up. Then we'll see about self-protection."

He tugged a bit on the bandage in hand, confirming to himself that he would need a second strip to wrap both hands up. As he worked to get another one off his other arm, he glanced back to the tattered book as he unwound the fabric. Medical, huh? "So tell me about this doctor, huh? How'd you meet? Where'd you get the book?" The questions came from pure curiosity; no interrogation intended.  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:04 pm
“I think it was more bad timing on my part than anything. I don’t think they were looking for me, or anyone in particular. It smelled like they’d just come back from eating.” So really, poor timing all the way around in his case. If not for bad luck, he’d have none, or something like that. Though look at Chayy blink at those words and burst out laughing. “Me? Scared of me? I am unable to fight well, I am scrawny, can barely see and my pants fall down if I don’t secure them…and I’m a threat?” he was more than a little amused by this! Maybe it was his size. He was a tall child really.

Chayy gave a laugh at Havoc’s antics and a nod was given. “My pleasure to have you do that if you’re around Havoc. Something tells me you’d do more damage than I would.” If nothing else he was excitable enough he’d trip someone and they’d get injured! He perched on the pail and took the bottle carefully pouring a little into his hands and rubbing them together carefully. That done he dried them as best he could on the cleanest part of his shirt before a fingernail was used against his palm and one small piece of rock pulled free…then a second they dropping to the ground with a tiny plik sound. “There…rocks out of my hands.”

He held his hands out to the other palms up so they could be tended to. “Yeah…I was at the library…and looking around and I found that book…it looked really interesting and I was sitting there reading…some woman tried to make me leave…but the doctor, he’d been sitting close by and spoke up and told her I was with him, so I could stay…I guess he was impressed by what I was reading…and I lost track of time because of reading…” how sheepish he sounded as he admitted that. If he’d only come home sooner he wouldn’t be hurt! “So when the library closed and I had to leave, he checked the book out and let me bring it.” He sighed softly. “I’ll have to go to his office tomorrow and tell him what happened.” His shoulders slumped a little at this realization. He couldn’t just hide it. “Sorry I was gone so late…” he knew it wasn’t safe, and he hadn’t meant to be!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:17 pm
Trace gave an audible sigh at Chayyim's explanation as to why he was likely taken on by both of the growlithe siblings at once, "Ahh, well that's good. I don't really want to have to deal with them more often than we normally do, so if that's the case..." Despite their low IQ, they were still formidable opponents, and obviously stronger than their so-called lackeys. The fact that they did nothing more than bully Chayy was a relief, though it was not a chilled worry that he was apt to vocalize. Why scare the boy more than he had already been shaken tonight? It was disappointing to admit, but the anger worked as a better fuel than the fear would have.

He grinned at Chayy's laughter, as confused as it was, "Oh sure! Not all fears make sense, but generally speaking, I think most people have an automatic assumption that a larger person is the same thing as a stronger person. Or maybe it's just because we're weird, different... there's that phobia, too." He twirled a hand at the wrist, as though it could help facilitate understanding better, "It's all merely speculation, but it's quite common, as much as it doesn't make sense when you think logically. I guess they don't really think about how difficult it is for us to get used to these bodies, and how differently we need to act now." It was interesting to think about, but he knew he was driving on a bit of a tangent at this point, and offered an apologetic smile before he was too tempted to continue on about psychology.

Havoc's tiny tail wagged behind him as he remained seated at the wall, wriggling and excited to know that Chayy agreed with his suggestion. <<Yeah, we need a Havoc Signal to shine in the sky, for when I'm not around! Like Batman! They'd know when to start running!>> Never mind that he had zero experience when it came to battle, too enthralled in the fantasy to consider the holes in the story. It didn't really matter, so long as it made his friends feel better.

For most others, chances would have been good that the thought of picking rocks out from their embedded positions in the skin would have at least caused a person to flinch. Trace felt sympathy, but nothing that caused him to turn away. He patiently waited as soon as he tore off a second strip of bandage from around his arm, and busied himself by wrapping up Chayy's hands as soon as they were raised for the first aid. He snickered as the burmy relayed his experiences at the library, surprised he had even made it as far as he did, "Wow, you've gotten gutsy! Yeah, those public places, they don't really like us strays in there. We don't have any money, so we're generally no use to them." He gave a toothy grin at that, securing the wrappings on one hand and moving to the next, "The doctor seems like a really kind guy, though. I'm sure if you explain what happened, he'd understand. He was patient enough to wait for you, wasn't he? He'll be patient enough with a small mishap like this. If you're worried, I can go with you tomorrow." At the apology, Trace shook his head, now fully understanding what exactly had happened, "Heh, that's great that you found something that absorbed your attention so much, though! It can be a lot of fun to explore those interests, whenever you're given the opportunity. I'd probably have done the same thing, had I been in your shoes."

He pat the top of Chayy's hand as he finished the second bandage, pulling away so that the boy could stand, "Alright, all done. Ready to learn some battle techniques?" No, he still wasn't confident in his ability to teach this particular type of lesson, but who would be able to learn how to without giving it a try? How hard could it be?  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:33 pm
“The only upside to the entire situation I guess.” Chayy gave a wry smile at his friend as he said that. The entire situation rather sucked as far as he was concerned, but the fact they hadn’t gone out of their way to hunt him down, or fight him just inconvenience him, and give him a small “reminder” they didn’t like him… well he could live with that really as unpleasant as it’d been.

“I suppose there is that…and that whole being afraid of the unknown, or even worrying that whatever happened to us is contagious.” A soft chuckle given then as he said that. He knew it obviously was not something catching or else Havoc would look like them! Chayy genuinely liked the puppy who had a way of making him smile with his antics. Of all of them he seemed the most carefree and sincerely hoped that he wouldn’t ever lose that outlook on life. It was good that one of them wasn’t jaded and cynical in some way!

“I guess I was? I think I was just trying to find something to do. Everyone else seemed busy with things, and I was just walking around and sort of wound up there.” He let Trace work on bandaging his hands, and once they were he flexed his fingers and palms slightly glad for the coverings. At least the injuries weren’t bad, he was sure by the next morning they’d be scabbed over and in a few days all better. “I’d appreciate it if you would Trace. I don’t want to face him alone when I tell him what happened.” Maybe a little braver in wandering, but not when it came to some sort of confrontation with the man!

Pushing his more broken than before glasses up his nose as he stood, Chayy gave a firm nod of his head. “I’m ready Trace. Havoc, you keep score or something yeah?” he smiled at the pup before turning back to Trace, shoulders squaring a little, a determined look on his face. He didn’t want to be pushed around, he didn’t want to feel helpless. He wanted to be able to stand up for himself when it was needed!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:46 pm
Trace flashed a grin as Chayyim accepted what was possibly the only sliver of optimism in a situation rapidly escaping control, "Hey, we take what we can get, eh? We'll just have to make sure we're more prepared, in case something like this happens again. I'm sure nobody would mind if you felt like you needed any help." Of course not, they were all family here, weren't they? The poochyena imagined that Havoc would jump at any opportunity to be of any help, but Trace wasn't so sure how much 'help' the pup could truly be in a situation of this magnitude. As much as Arashi might complain if stressed, he was never above helping out if he could, either. However, being rid of the anxiety of getting ambushed at all... that would be the best preferred method all around. Who really enjoyed living in fear? Chayy just needed the chance to push his determination a little farther -- it was there, but it was also apparent that the burmy-boy had some issues believing in himself, believing that he was more than the hindrance he made himself out to be. He just needed more confidence!

At his friend's suggestion, Trace placed a hand at his chin in thought. A devious look seemed to come across him, "...Contagious, you say? I wonder if we could work that to our advantage..." If nothing else, it seemed like it would be a fairly amusing prank. For them -- he was pretty sure the growlithe gang wouldn't see it quite the same way as they would, but they didn't really have to know the truth. His expression eased itself into a frown, his voice sounding mildly disappointed, "Then again, that could really backfire. Ahh... best not to risk it..."

He watched as Trace tested the extent of mobility for his bandaged hands, but his ears lowered back at the explanation to why Chayy had gone to the library alone. "Hey, we're never too busy to help out with anything..." he started, knowing that probably wasn't what Chayy was looking for. He wanted purpose, didn't he? Something he could do, was good at, that he could help their own gang with. Trace could understand that, but how could he really help with it? Despite what one might think, the poochyena was really just winging it himself half the time: things just worked out that way, most of the time.

At least Chayy wasn't afraid to ask him to go with, when they returned what was left of the library book to the good doctor. As he stood fully upright, he patted the burmy-boy roughly on the upper arm, "I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. He might want you to work off the debt, but I'm not gonna leave you high and dry there, 'kay?" Trace honestly thought there was no reason to fear the man, but then again, maybe that was the mediator in him talking.

Trace spun around and walked a few paces, creating a bit of a distance before facing back around to his friend. Making sure the clasp on the bandages held around his forearm was secure, he took up a lax defensive stance, "Alright, I'm not sure how best to go about this, so we'll see what seems to work. Come at me, let's see what you can do." He gave a sly smile, "And don't worry, you won't hurt me." Making it a game might be more fun, after all, so there was no harm in a little taunting, right? Just so long as it was all in good fun.

Excited, Havoc scampered off a short distance, rushing to pull something off the side of the alleyway with a hurried, hollered, <<Wait, wait a second!>> Retrieving a torn piece of blue tarp, he returned and tried to wave the scrap as best he could while it was snagged in his incisors. <<Awright, go!>> he called through clenched teeth, garbled slightly by the makeshift flag.  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:50 pm
“Mmhmm, they didn’t seem to want to touch me too much and that’s the only reason I can come up with for that. They think whatever is changing us is something they can catch. Lets hope not. I think any of them looking more like us is sort of scary.” More than “sort of” in fact.

“Thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully he’s not too mad or disappointed or anything.” He gave a wry smile as he carefully pushed himself back up to his feet with something close to a sigh escaping him. He felt sort of weighted down just then. If he’d know that it was a case of the blues settling on him he’d have felt a little better with that knowledge. As it was he was feeling down, and useless…and a source of trouble. He hoped that whatever was bothering him would stop soon.

The others taunt made him laugh though and that dispelled part of the gloom he felt though a small voice went He’s probably right. I probably won’t… which while good, was sort of bad since he was supposed to be practicing things! Still it took him a moment or two after Havoc returned with the piece of tarp and waved it to move, till he was shifting and running at Trace sort of awkwardly since he still wasn’t seeing so well at this point. Still, he was swinging his arms some, not sure how to go about using bug bite all things considered.

He felt sort of stupid at this point really, but he was making an effort as he attempted to tackle Trace, which felt a little more natural than trying to bite his friend. He really didn’t want to hurt him and he was sure biting would do just that. As he “attacked” he could see already that only having up close attacks instead of ranged ones wasn’t a good thing. It brought him in too close to any action going on and he thought he’d bet better off attacking from a distance. If he could anyhow.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 pm
"I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, to be honest. Before it happened to me, it was a thought that crossed my mind as well," Trace admitted sheepishly. Arashi hadn't actually seen what had altered his appearance, after all, and on the back streets of the city, it wasn't as though such news would have traveled to them at any quick speed. It wasn't like they spoke to many people; most didn't want anything to do with strays. "Still, if they want to avoid changing into something like us, then maybe they will keep their distance. Then again, they might try to fight us all the harder, so they don't have to worry about becoming like us," he considered, trying to keep the worry out of his observations, "We'll have to figure out which route they are willing to take. Keep your distance when you can." While the other gangs weren't really murderous, Trace was fully aware that fear could make an individual do foolish and irrational things, even when they wouldn't consider such actions with a calm mind. They weren't really into the habit of asking how it happened...

Chayy really sounded down about what happened to the borrowed book, especially considering his words alluded to a faltered sense of optimism. "Naw, of course he won't be. This sort of thing probably happens all the time," he assured with a more sincere smile, "Besides, it wasn't your fault, either way." Regardless, they basically had an appearance that almost seemed to scream 'homeless orphan,' so things were bound to not come back in perfect condition. "Cheer up," he nudged, "It'll be alright!"

While his taunting was meant to bring a little more light-heartedness into the combat practice, Trace was also trying to lessen anxiety. Of course neither one of them wanted to hurt the other, that's not what this was about, but even if he had gotten hit, he wasn't planning on doing anything other than walk it off and ignore any sense of pain. That was only if it got so far out of hand, but there was really no need to expect it to. After all, neither one of them were anything above beginner level when it came to physical combat!

Havoc scampered a slight ways backward to avoid the risk of being stepped on as Chayy began his charge, all the while trying to get the piece of tarp off his tooth; he must have skewered it! Trace meanwhile was trying to make a quick examination of the burmy's open areas, defenseless to attack. Things were a little off, if only because Chayy was the one to initiate attack rather than defend against it, a fact he realized a little too late in the game, but the information was likely still useful. "Your sides are mostly open and you're susceptible to a back attack, though the speed should counteract that last one," he observed, attempting to move a bit to avoid the tackle, arms raised slightly to absorb impact and possibly swat at least one of the arms away, "Looks good!"

He hopped a few paces back to lessen the force behind oncoming movement as one of his hands connected, palm-first, to Chayy's shoulder and stayed put. He knew his defense was weak and something that needed improvement in itself, but it would do for now. As he came to a stop, he glanced down a bit, "It's decent enough for someone your own height. If it was against any of the other gangs, you'd have to rely on your footwork." He was really winging it, and wasn't exactly sure if this was helpful, but it was likely good for something, even if it was just for peace of mind. "Got any pokémon moves?" he perked, a little cheerfully before he countered, using his shoulder to shove lightly past and spin the burmy a bit, attempting to wiggle his way free, behind his friend.  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:06 pm
“It makes sense it would be a concern especially when you don’t know the cause of it at first. Though I still don’t know what caused it even though I went through it myself.” At least he understood that train of thought, and the worry that it was something they could catch from another one like them. That was obviously not the case he’d realized, but still. “Distance is good. I’d prefer to avoid a repeat of today.” Or worse for that matter!

“Somehow I doubt having someone like us come to him saying a library book they were entrusted with only to have it ruined within minutes of taking possession of it is a common thing. But I can hope he’s not mad.” And oh did he ever hope that was the case. Mentally he was crossing his fingers!

He felt his arm be swatted away and he wondered how he could protect his sides. Not much to be done about his back, but he attempted to adjust one arm to the side, while keeping one in front of him, an awkward looking sort of fighters stance that felt less than natural to him, but that could have also been the fact he was attempting to fight, too.

“Bugbite and tackle are about it for my moves.” He had a limited arsenal at his disposal that could even remotely come in handy honestly. “I don’t know how well the first works now either.” His mouth was certainly shaped different than it was before the change as well.

The spin put him slightly off balance and he was struggling to regain his footing almost tripping over himself. His footwork was definitely shoddy, and he’d have to work on that. Still, he stepped towards Trace having regained his feet after a moment or two, and did attempt bugbite, only to realize it wasn’t going to work so well and pulled back with a wry look. “That just doesn’t feel right now…it’s so weird.” He scratched the back of his neck thoughtfully as he realized one move was now more or less useless.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:11 pm
Trace thought about the night that he had been transformed, attempting to conjure up a clear picture. The memories were so blurry, though, his mind unable to stay on a very clear image or understanding at the time. His ears tilted back; there was just so much blood, and he had been so convinced that he wasn't going to make it out of there alive... He shuddered at the thought. There was no use trying to explain it. "Something about a wish-granting star. I never saw who left it," he edged around the event, "It was a physical object, it wasn't some sort of disease that transforms a pokémon. Kind of like an evolutionary stone, I suppose." With a laugh, Trace nodded, "Yeah, I'm with you there! I'd rather stay out of trouble with them, if I can help it!"

Glancing at the remnants of the torn book, knowing full well that it was likely rather pristine before the attack had occurred. "Well... it's not like we have to tell him it happened so soon after you got it. Even if it was brought up, bullying happens all the time. It's unfortunate, but those that have that sort of power and nothing else going for them, well..." he trailed off, thinking the event likely spoke for itself, "I don't think anyone in their right mind would blame you for getting blindsided." If the doctor was going to get mad at Chayy for it, he was going to have to go through Trace. There was no way the poochyena would let that happen to a member of the family!

Trace watched as Chayy's stance was altered to take into account the instruction he was trying to deal out. While it was an awkward start, the boy grinned at how quickly the burmy changed his step, "You're getting the hang of it! Be a little looser on the feet, so you can react to whatever they throw at you more easily. It gives you less strength behind attacks, but less damage to you as a result." Or so he figured. They weren't really the offensive sort, though, so it seemed like better advice to give.

"Hmm, we might want to expand on that moveset when we get the chance," he contemplated aloud, pivoting back around and taking a few steps back again, "I'm sure they'll all come in handy when you least expect it, though!" Chayy was still a bug-pokémon, after all!

<<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!>> Havoc called over from the sidelines, similarly to a cheer. It appeared he had finally gotten the tarp out of his teeth, and was wrapped up in the mock battle like a child watching Saturday morning cartoons.

With a snicker, Trace agreed with Chayy's sentiments on Bug Bite, "That's okay, Bug Bite might be more useful on someone bigger than you are. Just come at me with Tackle when you're ready. Don't go using it to crash into the wall, though!" Maybe it was a good way to practice being light on his feet, but Chayy could just as easily take Trace off-guard by holding off on the move until he was sure he'd hit. He flashed another reassuring smile, "Let's see your tactics at work!"  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:23 pm
“I really don’t remember a whole lot after we parted ways and I cleaned myself up a bit. A strange light…and that’s more or less it.” It really was al a bit of a blur for him at this point. Maybe he was suppressing the memories, it was hard to say.

“Hm…maybe he’ll be understanding if we let him know I was bullied and it was taken and messed up since I didn’t have anything else of value.” Which was the long and the short of it basically. That was all he’d had on him and it had suffered dearly as a result which irked him honestly.

He felt awkward trying to keep his feet “loose” so he could move and pivot as needed to keep one step ahead of his opponent, but at least it was just Trace. Still, he was achy and sore from the falls and he wasn’t seeing so well, then having been spun he was feeling more than a little out of sorts.

Making a few moves, he suddenly let his feet get moving and he rushed at Trace about the time Havoc made the comment of floating like a butterfly. Butterfree. Pah. he was going to sting like a Beedril! Or so he was telling himself as he braced himself to use tackle…

…only to have his feet grow tangled in one another at the sudden rush from him when he was already unsteady. To feel himself go from rushing with purpose, to rushing headlong and being unable to stop himself and Chayy flailed as he fell unable to see what he was falling towards and trying to brace himself as he fell, fingers clawing in the air a bit. Close to Trace. He was hoping that his friend would move out of the way so he wouldn’t land on him!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:37 pm
A bright light... it definitely sounded like the same sort of scenario had occurred to Chayyim as it had to Trace. Had he been the only one to see what shape the object took before passing out? He didn't even know why that was -- it seemed as though, each time it showed up, it had been at a particularly bad time. Or... good, depending on one's perspective. Regardless, he shook off the feeling of dread just then, instead offering a sheepish smile, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure infectious disease doesn't give off light."

There was a flicker of amusement that crossed Trace's mind briefly. If the poochyena were to accompany Chayy in returning the book, would the man they were going back to think he had been the bully referred to? "Don't worry so much about it, Chayy. What's the worst he could do, even if he didn't believe you?" Trace assured with a minor shrug, "Besides, if worse comes to worst, I can just say it was my fault. He can be mad at me all he wants, okay?" He really was not all that intimidated by the situation, so he really didn't mind taking the rap for it if the conversation took a nosedive, especially if it would help out.

Trace had to admit, despite the fact he was pretty sure he was a terrible battle instructor, he was having fun. It was akin to playing tag, in a way. When was the last time he was able to play like this? Had there ever been a time? Trace kept lightly goading the burmy on with his actions, turning aside as though to make sure Chayy could keep up. The tip of his tail flicked a bit in reaction to the positive stimulus, "Come on, don't doubt yourself. Everyone has to start somewhere!"

He only just barely caught the sight of Chayy stumbling on his own two feet as he was turning back around. With swift hesitation, he turned himself back around to catch the boy. There wasn't much more time for consideration, just pure adrenaline-kicked instinct. Trace caught Chayy by the shoulder, but was not fully conscious of all parts of the equation in that split-second. His attention was on overload for immediate danger, and once he was sure Chayy's descent had slowed enough, an unrecognized blur grazed past his vision, past his blind spot, and reaction took hold again in a grab at self-preservation and protection.

But the target was all wrong. <<Trace!>> Havoc squeaked in disbelief.

The boy's teeth had clamped down on whatever it was that had whizzed by his head, a dark attack caused by desperation. It wasn't until after he had already attacked did he really get a good look at what it was. He pulled himself quickly away, his attention on Chayy's arm. His horror only cemented in his mind once he realized he was tasting blood on his teeth. "Ch... Chayy! Are you alright!?" he stuttered. He made a move to come closer and take a look at the damage he had caused, but he sharply hesitated before he was able to take a single step closer. He rose a hand to his messy hair, through it and to the bandages at the side that Chayy had accidentally shot his hand past. Trace stiffened briefly, at a loss for words as he quickly go to work unwrapping another length of fabric for Chayy to use for the new injury. His apology was caught in his throat, and he was nearly tangling the bandage around his hand in his effort to be quick with it. Tearing it with his teeth, he struggled to near Chayy again and offer the aid.  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:45 pm
“Lets hope not, that’d be pretty scary if that was the case you know?” Chayy gave a soft snicker as he said that but it was true! Glowing viruses and stuff, no thank you! He’d let that stay the stuff of books and nightmares.

“But I don’t want him mad at you. Or me. He should be mad at the ones who ruined it.” There was a sigh. “Maybe we should wait a few days to go see him. That way it’s not the day after I got it. We can say it was messed up on the way to return it or something.” Well really he didn’t want them in trouble! He didn’t like lying to the man about when it was ruined either, but he didn’t want to be seen as untrustworthy. He was realizing he couldn’t win at everything though and sighed shoulders sagging.

Relief washed over him as Trace caught him, he wasn’t about to fall on his face and get hurt any worse than he’d already been when he was jumped on the way home. That was good. So why then was there a sudden pain in his arm? He couldn’t figure it out for a moment but after a second he realized Trace was…

….biting him?

He heard Havoc squeaking in shock at the fact Trace had bitten him, and he felt the same sort of shock, honestly. Trace was talking to him now and he forced himself to look away from his bleeding arm and to his friend, saw the hesitation and Chayy felt his heart sink some. Somehow…he’d done wrong.

“I’m sorry.” The words were soft as Trace went about wrapping him up.

Again.

“I’m so, so sorry.”

Yes, he figured it was all his fault, he’d tripped and Trace had panicked and bitten him. Trace was acting out of natural reaction, and if he hadn’t been such a klutz, this wouldn’t have happened.  
Old and Finished RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff