Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jirachi's Wish

Back to Guilds

A guild to go along with the BC shop 

Reply Jirachi's Wish
[PRP] What happens when a star touches down? (Vian, Tammy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:13 pm
Davian had stumbled onto a place he had never been. A place he'd never seen, despite decades of lurking in the forest. Decades upon decades, he'd roamed, hoping that someday his former home would be rebuilt. So far, none had attempted to do so.

The sigilyph had lost his faith in the human race--and those so called obnoxious legendaries. He'd met one recently, he mused, as he floated towards the shrine. He'd met one, and that one had been possibly the most obnoxious of all. He wouldn't know though, that legendary was the only one he'd ever met. He made his way into the shrine, curious.

When had this place come into being? It seemed old, but it was new to him. Huh. Should he say something? What if there were humans here?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:24 pm
It was late evening; a time when Tammy liked to go outside and stargaze. Tonight was exceptionally beautiful. The sky was perfectly clear of clouds. Just the large full moon glowing above the clearing in which the Shrine sat. Tammy smiled at the sky his tails wiggling happily. Around him the stone lanterns were slowly growing dim. They had been burning for awhile now, showing just how late it really was.

Just then Tamotsu sensed a presence approaching the Shrine. His eyes narrowed. The aura was unfamiliar so it wasn't Brenny. He stood on all fours and prepared himself. Was it an enemy? He had vowed to always protect this place. It was special to him.

But then, what if it wasn't an enemy? He'd also promised his Masters to shelter those in need. This was a peaceful place after all; albeit still run-down. He was working his hardest to fix that. If only he had hands and feet like the humans. It wasn't easy relying on simply fire/psychic powers.

"H-hello?" he called out; trying to sound just a little intimidating, without going overboard in case it was someone looking for help. "Who goes there?"  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:24 pm
Ah, so someone was here. And they weren't human. Davian moved into view, so the ninetails could see him. "Only me," he replied. "I found this place, it looks old. Not as old as my place, though." His place was gone now, it had been destroyed long ago, before many of trees had been there. "You live here?" he asked, surveying his surroundings. His gaze wasn't critical, as he studied the shrine. Hm... What was this place? He'd never seen anything like it.

"It needs repaired," he mused. "Why haven't you fixed it?" He'd tried, many times, to repair his home. He'd failed. It was impossible to cut the stones back into the shape they had once been. There weren't many of them left, anyway. Some had been carted off by humans, others had been destroyed. This place, though. It wasn't so hopeless!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:42 pm
Tamotsu was surprised at the appearance of a curious sigilyph. The strange pokemon asked many questions which got Tammy thinking; the gears turning in his head as he tried to think of how best to answer Davian's questions. "Well..." he began, deciding that the pokemon meant no harm. "It's a shrine. Here we worship special pokemon. We take care of the needy as well. We offer hope in times of sadness....And yes, I live here. I've lived here many long years. It's nice when I get visitors too. We used to be a very busy place with many humans," he said smiling. He had fond memories of humans. "But then.....they passed away and this place slowly fell into ruins..."

He trailed off, gazing at the stars. For some reason he felt comfortable telling Davian his story. Oddly enough Tammy felt that he might even have a few things in common with the sigilyph. "My name is Tamotsu. What's yours?" he asked, waiting for a reply.

"Anyway, I've tried my best to get things together, but it's proven to be very difficult without the help of human hands. I only have my psychic abilities and fire power. I'm open to ideas though. If you have any...." He tilted his head to the side and stared with eyes of deep crimson. He was curious, veeery curious if Davian would have any useful suggestions.

"What about you though? Where are you from?" that curiosity getting the best of him.  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:07 pm
A shrine, huh? It must have been for sigilyph. After all, they had protected and guarded the place where many humans had lived, long ago. He was touched. He almost forgave the humans for leaving him. Almost. Many long years, eh? He knew that feeling. "I know how that is," he said. "I too, lived in a place that florished under human care. The humans disappeared though, and I still protect that place. I hope they will one day return."

Maybe it was selfish, but he wanted them to come back. He wanted to show them how well he'd taken care of the place, even if it had been destroyed. "You can use your powers to move stones," he suggested. "Maybe rebuild. My place, it's gone. Only a few stones remain. But the humans who left me to guard it, they should be back soon."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:19 pm
Not realizing that the sigilyph thought the shrine was for him, Tammy continued on. So Davian had been waiting a long time as well for humans? He knew that feeling. "Well we must not give up hope," he said, smiling. "I believe humans will one day return. In the meantime, I'm prepared to become this places next priest just like the priests before. I mean, I may not be human myself, but I don't see why a pokemon can't take care of the duties here." He nodded, thinking it a very wise idea. "And in my time here I've gotten to know some other pokemon too. They're very kind, and like to drop by the shrine to visit me." He was of course referring to Brenny. "I even have a friend that stays here with me thanks to him. A vulpix," he said proudly, parting his tails revealing a plushie there sitting next to him. Most might have thought Tammy crazy at first; talking to a plush? But to him, vulpix was someone to keep him from being lonely.

"That's true, I can move some things with my mind," he began, thinking about Davian's ideas. "It takes a lot of concentration so I'd have to do it when I could be totally focused. But it's worth a shot. Though I'm not sure I have the strength to do the little things like driving nails into wood. I'd need a human for that...."

"So tell me, well...only if you want to that is, but ...what is your home like? I've never been far from the shrine. I grew up here and didn't travel much. Do you have any stories you like to tell?" Tammy asked.

In the sky, the stars were sparkling. And that's when Tammy noticed, some were even moving? It was a meteor shower it would seem! Tammy's eyes sparkled. "Oooh well would you look at that! How beautiful! Do you like star-gazing? I love it. It's a fun past-time don't you think?"  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 pm
Davian silently agreed with the ninetails. They couldn't give up hope, their humans would find them. "I've never met a priest," he mused. "It'd be nice if pokemon could do everything people do. But I could not leave my home, and they left." His expression grew sad, and distant, as if he was remembering something from a very long time ago. Perhaps he was. "They told me to run away, but I could not. I do not know why... They were frightened. And they left." He hesitated. He thought he understood Tammy; the ninetails had a friend who'd brought him a fake friend to keep him company. Like the toys the young humans had played with, so long ago.

"I do not have friends," he said, at last. "I guard my home, and I make those near go away. I do not like when loud, noisy legendaries come to my home and tell me to leave it." He considered the ninetails' question, hesitating. "My home is gone now," he said. "But I wait there. I've found a home to stay in, when rain or cold comes. I wait, and wait." He shook his head. "No stories," he said. "Do you have one?"

He looked up. The stars in question seemed to be moving closer, and closer, until they stopped in front of the two pokemon. They didn't burn the grass; and they seemed to be made of a shiny, sparkly metal. Huh. So much for the big ball of firey gas myth he'd heard! "I do like star gazing, but it does not seem we have to gaze up above to see them anymore."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 pm
"I see," Tammy began, looking a little dismayed. He hadn't meant to bring up bad memories for Davian. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm sure they will return," he nodded.

Tammy thought about it. He had lots of stories he could tell Davian. How he played with humans and with Brenny and all the good times they had shared. Maybe a fun story would cheer Davian up. He opened his mouth to speak when suddenly his thoughts were interrupted. A star from the sky glided down and landed in front of him. It was different than the other stars in the sky; this one was made of metal? He sniffed at it.

Davian's comment made Tammy chuckle. "It's true. We no longer have to look up. Here they are in front of us. How strange...." he trailed off, watching the the star glitter in the moonlight. Ever-so-slowly he felt himself reaching out with a paw to touch it. And as soon as he poked it he felt himself becoming drowsy. And before he knew it he was sound asleep.  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Jirachi's Wish

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces