.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]
[SRP] Pelt Delivery (Kiernan x Shyama)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Sabra Knight rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 4 Total: 14 (3-18)

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:12 pm
User Image User Image

[Shyama:

4: A large, luxurious pelt from a hyena. Worth 3 points x 2 = 6
+
6: A fair quality jackal pelt. Worth 2 points.
-------------

8 pnts total.]
[Kiernan: 4: A large, luxurious pelt from a hyena. Worth 3 points x 2 = 6
1: Small, torn and barely useable. Worth 1 point
--------

7 pnts]

Sabra Knight rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 4 Total: 9 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:16 pm
Covered in pelts two leopards made their way from the lower grasslands and up towards the mountains. Up ahead the winter winds howled about promising the bitter touch of cold snows. Even at the base where they walked the ground was hard as ice. It was almost as if winter had taken hold of the land and that summer’s warmth had never existed in the first place. However despite the harsh conditions it seemed as if the pair was making it along quite nicely. They were doing so fine that both still had plenty of strength for conversation.

“Why are you dragging me along in this?”

“Cause I thought it would be a fun outing! Consider it a beautiful date from your dearest~”

The comment received a sharp smack in return, but the leopard’s grin never faded. Irritating Shyama was becoming a fun hobby and Kiernan truly was enjoying every moment of it. Though today’s task was slightly different considering his reason in bringing the two of them out and into the snowy lands. Both of the leopards had pelts on their backs and were bringing them into the colony that Kiernan had previously run into. His argument had been valid for the leopardess. She liked to train and to push herself so why not try gathering pelts from hunting and scavenging themselves?

So for the past day the two leopards had spent their time traveling through the snow to track down prey. Shyama had proven herself multiple times by hunting on the shimmering snow like a shadow. Kiernan was forever amazed at how elegant the leopardess could be even when chasing down a simple snow hare. Even when she smacked him for his smart comments the leopard couldn’t help but to grin. She really was something. If only she could loosen up some and not be so warrior minded. Mihika had told him some of how the leopard’s family was, but he had never expected someone to be so serious.

He did have hopes for her when they were hunting earlier though. Something akin to a smile had appeared on her face while they had been competing. Finding pelts and tracking down prey to see who could gather the most had brought out almost a cub like mischievous to her. For a moment Kiernan had almost denied that it really was Shyama racing along his side. Now that moment was gone and he was stuck with the uptight grump once more.

As if she could read his thoughts Shyama paused. Brushing snow from her dark pelt Shyama shot a glare towards the thinking leopard, “I will never understand why I let you talk me into these things Kiernan.” Shivering she raised a paw as they started climbing higher, “So how many pelts did we find again for this colony even?”

“Well you destroyed two of our prey and I got 2 more so…I think we got 4 good ones.” He smirked towards her, “Surely it’ll count for something.” He watched as she made a face and quickly added, “Yes, yes. You beat me by getting that jackal pelt at the last minute and my little torn up pelt pales in comparison. I have to hunt for the next week for us then and yes I know it has to be good. Still though at least we helped the colony out with these pelts.”

Shyama just shook her head, “I hope so. I don’t understand how anyone survives up here.” Her fur was heavy and damp from the bitter snow and the cold winds just cut through her bones. Not that the leopardess would complain! No never! No warrior would complain about such little pains. Without pain how could she become tougher after all? No one in her family would falter just because of a little cold. Still though why did Kiernan pick this place out of all places to suddenly feel the need to help out? As much as she didn’t mind helping others out here and there…it would be nice to do it in a warmer place. Still I won’t complain! Only the weak would ever be pansies about this.

“Brr~” A shiver went up Kiernan’s back as he led the way, “This is brutal. I feel like my paws might fall off at any second now. Should we head back south once this is done? I miss the warmth of the ocean sands beneath my paws.”

And of course he would complain. Annoyed Shyama sent a death glare towards the back of Kiernan’s head, “Anything else you want to complain about? Do you have a bad cramp in your leg from walking? Or a bit of a headache from biting down on the prey too hard from our hunt?” She huffed sending a mist of air out before her, “Do you want me to massage your poor legs or carry your heavy pelts for you?”

Tail twitching with faint amusement Kiernan smiled, “A massage would be nice. Think I could get one once we turn these pelts in for some shelter tonight?” A wad of snow hit him in the back and the leopard nearly jumped from the path, “He-hey!”

“Just helping you with those cramps. If your back hurts then you’ll forget about the pain in your paws.”

Looking back over his shoulder the leopard frowned, “You truly are a cruel lady, Shy.”

“Hmph.” She turned her head away before pausing, “You did tell me all about this colony already.” For once a rare moment of weakness showed, “Do you think I can manage behaving myself?”

“Why?”

Her violet eyes burned with emotion, “I’ll be so outraged to see how they treat….others.”

“You’re afraid cause of your background?”

The leopardess nodded. Even though she was from a pure leopard line herself she had been raised in a family with a lion figurehead. A lion and a leopard that had fallen in love to make such a big diverse family of cheetahs, lions, leopards, even wild dogs claimed them at some points. Could she bare the hierarchy that her companion had warned her of?

“Hey, you’ll be fine.” Nudging her Kiernan smiled, “We’re already there so just keep to your silent grumpy self. You should be perfect.”

“Hey-hey!” Flushing Shyama adjusted her pack of pelts before chasing after the other leopard.

She really wasn’t that grumpy right?

Okay maybe a bit….

But still at least she was helpful! Gritting her teeth the leopardess moved forward with her pelts to donate to the cause~

(1086 WC)  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas