Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply The Dragon Age Guild.
DLC?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Byebyemissamericanpie

Mind-boggling Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 am
Sooo you guys think theres going to be any DLC thats main story related (not multiplayer) in the future? if so what are you hoping to see with it? Honestly I wanna see more happen with dwarves and red lyruim. But then again dwarves are my favorite race haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:45 pm
There will for sure be a DLC on the storyline...when, I have no idea. Usually these sort of things come out 6-12 months after the main release. It's only been 2 months so far, so I imagine we should be hearing some ideas about it soon.

I am really curious to what the DLC will be about. I hope it's something interesting....because not all the DLCs in the past (for Dragon Age and Mass Effect) haven't been all that great. I usually don't buy the DLCs and just watch the footage online but if this one is intriguing I will go for it. 3nodding Let's hope for the best!

Starlight Dragon
Crew

Sparkly Pumpkin

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:10 pm
i think that if the did add DLC that it would be like extra missions on the maps we already have... cause they are just so big already i cant see them making another map just as big... cause if they made another one that was too small then people would be mad at how small it was =/  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 pm
PandasKitten
i think that if the did add DLC that it would be like extra missions on the maps we already have... cause they are just so big already i cant see them making another map just as big... cause if they made another one that was too small then people would be mad at how small it was =/

I kinda disagree a bit, yes DA:I is freaking awesome with its enormous maps, and sooooo much to do (I haven't even gotten close to finishing it so I'm trying to avoid this guild lol)... But I think even if some of the DLC maps were small, we might still appreciate them. Think back, compare some of the Origins maps to Inquisition. Huge difference, but Origins still had it's fair share of much to explore in it's maps, so I can't see a huge deal with small maps for a possible $10.00 DLC. Who knows, it's just speculation at this point :3  

DRTYJacket_NyteSkye

Generous Lover

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:03 pm
I've heard that they're going to be adding in content cut due to time constraints as DLC. Dunno how true this is, or if it'll be paid or not. The whispers I've heard generally say that it's gonna be free, done over time, are gonna be mostly smaller things (such as Cullen's helmet), and are going to be more patches than actual DLC.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:12 pm
DRTYJacket_NyteSkye
PandasKitten

I kinda disagree a bit, yes DA:I is freaking awesome with its enormous maps, and sooooo much to do (I haven't even gotten close to finishing it so I'm trying to avoid this guild lol)... But I think even if some of the DLC maps were small, we might still appreciate them. Think back, compare some of the Origins maps to Inquisition. Huge difference, but Origins still had it's fair share of much to explore in it's maps, so I can't see a huge deal with small maps for a possible $10.00 DLC. Who knows, it's just speculation at this point :3

well i got the DA:O dlc for free cause i bought the deluxe game years after it came out.. so im basing this off of ME3 DLC ive seen the maps for it and they are a bit smaller then the avg game map and just feel small and short compared to the game you just played.. an to this day the DLC is still $20-$25 PER dlc.. its just not worth it for the little that it gives you.. then again im a kinda cheap person... but if the DLC is well priced then i wouldnt mind if the maps are a quarter the size of the avg map we already have.. but not if it costs me over $10  

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150

Starlight Dragon
Crew

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:17 pm
PandasKitten
DRTYJacket_NyteSkye
PandasKitten

well i got the DA:O dlc for free cause i bought the deluxe game years after it came out.. so im basing this off of ME3 DLC ive seen the maps for it and they are a bit smaller then the avg game map and just feel small and short compared to the game you just played.. an to this day the DLC is still $20-$25 PER dlc.. its just not worth it for the little that it gives you.. then again im a kinda cheap person... but if the DLC is well priced then i wouldnt mind if the maps are a quarter the size of the avg map we already have.. but not if it costs me over $10

I feel the same, in general DLCs are major rip offs. You pay 10$ for about 2 hours of game play....and more often than not, the plot of the DLC isn't even good. It seems pretty uncool, to pay 70$ for a game and then have to pay AGAIN for content in the same game....it's ridiculous.

I've only purchased DLCs when there was some kind of deal on them (or my brother purchased one). One of the only ones I've deemed worthy, is Citadel for ME3. It was pretty entertaining. However, I still feel like that should have already been part of the game and we shouldn't have had to pay more money for it. Maybe I am just being greedy but I feel like the whole DLC principle is garbage sweatdrop .

I might cave if the make one more Inquisition though....just because I crave more Dragon Age action. sweatdrop I'll only get it though if it actually seems interesting. We shall see what they come up with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:02 pm
Starlight Dragon
PandasKitten
DRTYJacket_NyteSkye
PandasKitten

I feel the same, in general DLCs are major rip offs. You pay 10$ for about 2 hours of game play....and more often than not, the plot of the DLC isn't even good. It seems pretty uncool, to pay 70$ for a game and then have to pay AGAIN for content in the same game....it's ridiculous.

I've only purchased DLCs when there was some kind of deal on them (or my brother purchased one). One of the only ones I've deemed worthy, is Citadel for ME3. It was pretty entertaining. However, I still feel like that should have already been part of the game and we shouldn't have had to pay more money for it. Maybe I am just being greedy but I feel like the whole DLC principle is garbage sweatdrop .

I might cave if the make one more Inquisition though....just because I crave more Dragon Age action. sweatdrop I'll only get it though if it actually seems interesting. We shall see what they come up with.

yea im like that too i only buy either whats cheap or what feels worthy of my money cause im cheap like that.. and DLC is over priced... i just got the normal copy of DAI it was $30 i think cause it was on sale for christmas so i might buy a dlc just because i got a deal when i first got it  

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150

Majni

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:17 pm
Eventually, the forum has posted that there will several DLC packs.  
The Dragon Age Guild.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games