Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm
Quote:
The Three Horn (June 22 - July 22): A great lake in the heart of the swamp is frozen over -- except at its very center.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was freezing, but the doe didn't mind it, walking through the icy coldness that were scattered on the swamp floor. It was one of her favourite seasons -- she saw it as a season that paved the way to rebirth, life once the cold cleared up, the carcasses of the animals lost to the harsh winters, death.

But as sure as the stars showed up in the sky every evening, brightly golden, each shine Evenfall were familiar with -- the cycle of life would continue. Flowers would bloom, new foals will emerge from their sacs.

As usual, Evenfall walked among the forests, looking for creatures that did not survive, as well as collecting seeds and fruits that she would keep till Spring. She didn't realize she was near the heart of the swamp yet till she felt a colder chill in the air, turning her dim eyes towards the large expanse, the ice still and steady. The doe walked towards the lake, hooves colliding with the hard, cold ice, she had to shiver a little, turning her head up to look around.

Chrystali
/sweat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He may have been rendered old and slow by the cold before, but ever since he had found the fallen family, Grave had been on the move, alert and focused. The chill of winter scarcely made his bones ache, his thick fur touched with crystals of snow and ice but his blue gaze burned hotter than the cold appearance it emitted. Both of his familiars were busy at their campsite for the night that would fall in some hour's time, but he was still busy - still working, as it were - and he knew that if there was to be one last job for the day, it would be at the lake.

Even from the side, he could see over the frosty expanse of thick ice and tell that the very center was depressed. He could not tell if it was inset, if it was empty, broken, or just sagging, but he knew few could resist the call of a frozen lake in winter. There was something inherently foolish about the living to tempt death in the most obvious of places. Unfortunately for many, death answered their call, and gave Grave work. Were the thought not so grim, he would have smiled beneath his bone mask, instead continuing at a steady pace around the edge of the lake.

He did not see the doe, or if he did, he did not acknowledge her. An icy breeze ruffled his back fin, his bone-spiked tail waving low and lazy. He'd have to get to the center of the lake without tempting the same end of the foolish, so he didn't end up the fool himself. Slow and steady, he told himself. It was easy enough. He would manage, somehow.

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:38 pm
Admittedly, Evenfall was more curious than anything about what she could see in the middle of the lake, a darker spot, even distant she knew there was signs of the icy still water in the heart of the lake. And she wanted to look into it. See what she could find. If the waters were teeming with life or if there were frigid deaths down beyond the icy mask.

And she hit her heels on the ice, but gently, carefully. She was spontaneous in her own way but not one to jump in foolishly into such a dangerous situation.

She did spot the buck, even his light coat against the winter backdrop made it harder to recognize -- she knew who it was easily. And she was more eager to reach the center where Eve new the other was walking towards, gently calling out. "Greetings to you." She said gently, cold breeze carrying her welcoming words.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 pm
His hooves were set on the outer most line of ice of the lake, but he did not move even a hoof's length closer. Grave stayed right where he was, his glowing eyes turning rigidly towards the voice that called out to him. There was no recognition in him at the voice or the sight of her, filled only with a sort of quelled annoyance that his attempts were going to be stemmed by some careless filly.

"Are you daft?" he called back dryly, looking utterly unimpressed at the female so lackadaisically approaching the center of the lake. There was no way he was going to walk on the ice in that direction if she was. He could always come back later to retrieve her corpse. The image of her stuck beneath the surface, unmoving and lackluster...was not a nice one. He was not typically disquieted by death, but the idea of her light being smothered, while amusing, wasn't...as amusing as he would have liked to think.

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:56 am
She merely took a few steps before he heard his words, blinking back at him in a pause and then glancing down at the ice.

"Ah, that was careless of me," she realized quietly, but it was undeniable she felt a certain excitement to see the familiar buck. "And impolite. Please, go ahead and I shall stay here."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:27 pm
Well, at least the doe gave pause. The crotchety buck gave her a severe look, though it was easily missed by the glowing blue around his bone helm. His long tail swerved in a slow, measured motion to contain his annoyance, but just barely. Even Grave had to ask himself why he was reacting so to this female. Had she wronged him somehow? Sure, she was alive, but he'd been much kinder to others in the past. Her enthusiasm, her presence...somehow, it tugged at something dark and lost in his mind. He didn't understand it, and it annoyed him.

Drawing in a breath, he slowly began to cross the ice -- but to the opposite side of the female. "I don't care if you make your way in," he grumbled, as it was the most apology she'd get from him, "but be mindful of how you step, girl. I was not intending to fish out fresh death this day." He did intend to fish death, but hers was not such a welcome idea. Grave's steps were just as careful and measured as any of his movements, feeling a greater chill across his body as he crossed the open lake.

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:53 pm
Evenfall looked at him with bright eyes, blinking slowly and straightening up when he started to walk towards her, nodding her head.

"I would not let you fish me out, the weather is much too cold for that." the doe hummed a little, looking around her, the ice seemed intact at least, she supposed she wasn't prancing around like an acha.

She did as she had said though, patient and watching, feeling an extreme sense of familiarity though she wasn't sure if it was from a dream or some sort.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:45 pm
His blue eyes smoldered with a lack of amusement at the doe. Clearly she actually thought he'd risk his own hide to pull her out of the water. Was she really that daft or did she just think the best of everyone? Either option made him wary. Grave did not do well with the living, no sir.

Carefully, he picked his way towards the gaping hole that had drawn them both there, pausing when he felt the ice give just a little beneath his hoof. His spiked tail swished, waiting, but his hoof sunk again - it was just the snow. Even so, he was extremely mindful, peering towards the void of a center. "--why are you here?" he said finally, mostly with that annoyed tone of voice. Really, this young creature interrupting his work.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:31 am
She moved a little from her place when she heard the slight push of the ice --or snow, she didn't really know what it was but she was quite ...concerned for a moment. But obediently stayed in place with her hooves against each other, watching him with calm, grey eyes.

"Why is anyone here?" he started, tilting her head, was he mad? "I wanted to see the lake. And I saw you here as well." Then she quickly added. "You are very familiar to me."

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:28 pm
He snorted, the sound vaguely disgusted. "Save your questions on existence for someone who cares. I deal with the dead. You -- you are a different thing entirely." His tail swayed dismissively, trying to tell her in the most crass way he could that he was there to look for the dead and had little interest in anything else.

And he did finally reach the center, careful, peering into the hole. It was ... it was fathomless. Grave blinked. The navy depths seemed to swallow any source of light; he couldn't even see his reflection. Testing, he spat into the water; the ripple was singular and disappeared. There was nothing to be seen, and had anything fallen here to its end, he would not be able to find it without risking himself. While the idea of death didn't frighten him in the least, it seemed a lousy way to go, with an audience.

Tapping his tail against the ice, ignoring her last comment, he turned his head to look at her. "There's nothing here. See for yourself if you must. Both our time has been wasted."

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:17 am
"I am living," she said slowly, understanding the other bucks train of thought even just a little bit more. "And you are as well, there is something to that."

Evenfall blinked a little as he peered inside the hole, heart stopping for a quick moment as he lingered there and she found herself hoping to the MotherFather that the ice would stay. Which was.. a bit strange for her. But yet again the buck spoke, colder than the ice.

"My time has not been wasted!" she stood up slowly from where she patiently knelt, tilting her head to the side. "It is -- quite surprising there is not a death in this dangerous place, for I was to lay it to rest. But there will be later on, the ice gets thin as the sun comes stronger, carelessness shall make an animal or kin slip and -- and perhaps I may see you here once again." She took one small step forward, only one.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:15 pm
"That is as fool-hardy as pointing out that I breathe air. I'm aware I'm alive, child, and I'm aware my duty to the dead is greater than any living purpose. That is enough for me." Light of hoof, he began his journey back across the lake - but away from her, he wasn't about to invite her to stay or...MotherFather, invite her to keep talking. She had so many opinions!

Her words gave him the barest fraction of a pause, one hoof suspended in air, head slightly turned. "If that is your intent, then you shouldn't let anyone else get in your way. Like me. I would have taken your duty and that would make you useless. Don't be useless." Grave pointedly ignored her obvious speech of ice - he was old, not ignorant - hoping he wouldn't see her again.

She was too young, too optimistic, too...too close to him understanding her. He didn't like it.

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:49 pm
She looked around for a moment and then back to the buck, her head tilted. He was devoted and passionate. Two things that intrigued her the most -- and as well that he dealt in death such as she -- even though it seemed to be in a curious way.

"I see," Evenfall paused, "Yet like-minded people working for a same goal makes sense as well, don't you think?" She smiled, watching him walk away but she didn't make a move. "Not useless at all! As I said, I met you -- again."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:55 pm
"Your blind optimism drains the very life out of me, girl." He snorted, moving further, her voice becoming dimmer. Soon, they wouldn't be able to speak at all without the ice perpetually buckling beneath the vibrations of shouting. He certainly did not intend to welcome that manner of death, either.

Grave glanced over his shoulder, annoyed, unnerved and disappointed all in one breath. She rankled him, though he had no idea why. "Hopefully - for both our sake - it is the last." He continued, intent to finish his day with something productive that wasn't dealing with strange fillies.

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:59 pm
"If so then, you'd be closer to death." She smiled at that, nodding her head though she was pretty far from him and he wouldn't see her visible reaction.

Evenfall wanted to follow him, she really did but somehow she thought it wasn't the right time to. And even if he may say that he wished it would be the last time -- somehow she knew she'd see the buck again. As she always did by chance.

"May the MotherFather guide you." She said, finally turning around as his silhouette started to get hazy, walking back carefully. And for her, this was a day very well spent.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games